2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (danno858, D959, Bruce In Philly, accordeur, 3B43, 36251, Azunyan, 12 invisible), 1,402 guests, and 504 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
How to get 6 Native Instruments pianos for $325 plus lots more.
& How to get Kontact 6 full for $125 so you can play free pianos etc.

New vst horders rejoice. I was looking for some studio pianos and came across pianobook.co.uk with free samples. But its easier to use these if you have Kontact 6 full, not just the free player version. With all the deals on vsts going on, its possible to get it half price, and then if you want to get many premium Native Instruments pianos half price too:

Getting Kontact 6 half price explained here: https://audioplugin.deals/blog/get-kontakt-cheap/
-> First you get Embertone Arcane: $free
-> Allows upgrade deal from Kontact Player to Kontact 6: $125
-> Now with Kontact 6 full you can use all the free pianos at pianobook.co.uk, giving you a library of home & studio pianos entirely different from the concert grands that the paid vsts focus on.

-> Kontact 6 now allows the half price crossgrade deal on Komplete 13 bundle: $200. Which includes: Noire ($149), Una Corda ($149), The Maverick ($99), The Giant ($99), The Grandeur (99), The Genleman (99), plus numerous organs, synths, electric pianos, & other instruments, effects, & toys.

So you've paid $325 and got 6 premium pianos that would have cost $700, plus tons of other instruments that you can play with forever and never practice properly again. :-) (It me. Though so far I'm only half way in & got Kontact 6.)

Roland FP30, VILabs etc, adult beginner. Get your personal pianist emojis: Emoji Me App
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Must resist, zombie brain wants.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

Originally Posted by KevinM
Must resist, zombie brain wants.

😂!!

@MarkOfJohnson, For those interested, great post!

Cheers and happy VIHA*) memberships,

HZ

*) VI Hoarders Anonymous

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I've settled on using only Kontakt instruments ... but most discussion here (for many years) is focused on non-Kontakt instruments.
So I thought I'd point out a few things about Kontakt that some folks might not be aware of.

Kontakt is available as Kontakt Player (available for free) and as Kontakt Full (expensive).
The full version can play any Kontakt-based plug ins.
The free player version can only play licensed (purchased) instruments.

The full version has scripting capabilities. I find this very useful. But you might not.
The free player version does not have that ability.

The full version also has instrument editing and sample editing.
The free player version does not.

In short, if you don't need the advanced capabilities of the full version, then the difference boils down to this:
The full version does not let you play the freebie (unlicensed) plugin libraries.

You need the full version for that. In effect you'll be paying $399 (regular price of Kontakt) for those free instrument libraries.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

Originally Posted by MacMacMac
The full version does not let you play the freebie (unlicensed) plugin libraries.

Your post is a nice little summary on Kontakt, however, as for the italics: is that what you meant to say? I'm a little confused there.

Cheers and happy playing,

HZ

D
D
Hi there,

I have the Komplete 12 package, which I bought last year in the "Summer of Sound" June promotion (not sure yet if I will update (to 13) or upgrade (to Ultimate 13) this year or just wait another year).

Anyway, if anyone here is interested in getting Komplete 13 for the first time and does not own anything by Native Instruments yet, there is another way, which is the path I took last year:

- Buy Komplete 13 SELECT and when on the cart enter this voucher code (last year the code was different): SELECT21
-> This will get the price of Komplete SELECT to 99 € (from 199 €).

- After buying SELECT, you can then buy the Komplete 13 as an upgrade from SELECT, which will be 199,50 €
-> Final price for Komplete 13: 199,50 + 99 = 298,50 €

- Note that this deal is only possible now, in the June 50% promotions. Even in BF promotions, Komplete is usually not included, only individual products.

With Komplete 13, you'll get Kontakt Full and Reaktor Full (both very nice!) and a lot of Kontakt libraries, such as pianos (including Noire), but also a lot of synths and effects, including Guitar Rig 6 (for me, Guitar Rig was a nice addition, as I also play guitar). You can see the "komplete" list grin of included stuff in their site and listen to demos.

I'm not affiliated with NI, just trying to help.

See ya,
Dave

Last edited by DavePT; 06/13/21 05:21 AM.
D'oh! I meant the opposite! frown
Originally Posted by HZPiano
Your post is a nice little summary on Kontakt, however, as for the italics: is that what you meant to say? I'm a little confused there.

I should have written that the player version does not let you play the freebie (unlicensed) plugin libraries.

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
The full version has scripting capabilities. I find this very useful.

What can you do with that?

Scripting can do many things.
I load six pianos and two harpsichords into Kontakt. I use scripting to allow me to select an instrument by pushbutton on the UI or from keys on the piano.
I also have used it to "fix" velocity problems on certain notes (caused by dirty contacts).

But these are not typical uses at all.
Read the KSP language reference for more info.
Or look at the Native Instruments forum at https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/scripting-workshop.205
Originally Posted by U3piano
The full version has scripting capabilities. I find this very useful.
What can you do with that?

K
K
MarkOfJohnson, thank you for this info! I got the Embertone Walker 1955 last year during a sale (I want to say it was $79?!), and this is a qualifying product for the Crossgrade. Assuming the free one you mentioned also qualifies but I didn't try it.

Anyway, this is June, so the June sale is on! There have been a number of free/inexpensive libraries that I've been curious to try, but which required Kontakt Full. Now I can!

Previous owner of a Yahama P-120 - now has new life with a student
New owner of a Kawai CA79 (and love it!)
OP Offline
If anyone went ahead and got Kontakt and has been trying to decide what samples to get for it, I recommend the Sampletekk SSG. Its $15 deal ends today I think.

https://www.sampletekk.com/grand-pianos&product_id=262

Its a 6'1 studio piano. I think Yamaha C3 ??? Very nice sounding 'not a concert grand' and a great deal at that price.

Roland FP30, VILabs etc, adult beginner. Get your personal pianist emojis: Emoji Me App
A
A
I've finally bought Kontakt 6 Full thanks to the sale. Now the world of boutique VI pianos is open smile I've bought Sampletekk White Grand 2 and TVBO (C7) - they are quite good, but I was expecting more. Much much better purchase was Production Voices Grand 2 LE - it's such a beautiful insturment.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Everett upright Regulation
by wenhen90 - 07/31/21 06:57 PM
Marx
by dolce sfogato - 07/31/21 04:05 PM
Self-teaching and looking for good exercises
by TORaptors2019 - 07/31/21 03:46 PM
ES110 Static/Buzzing on Certain Keys?
by mikechang503 - 07/31/21 02:40 PM
Music's greatest teacher
by pianoloverus - 07/31/21 02:22 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,310
Posts3,117,978
Members102,295
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission