2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
40 members (Ben_NZ, Boboulus, Dfrankjazz, cygnusdei, drumour, Alfred La Fleur, Dave Horne, beeboss, 12 invisible), 777 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
klausi6 #3125184 06/06/21 04:58 PM
G
G
Hope I make another comparison video soon, maybe tomorrow. Just playing, talking a bit about my experience etc. Hope it will help some people, especially those who only want to buy exactly one of them:)

Kawai E200-ATX3
Mostly VSL's, Garritan, Modern U, Grandeur
klausi6 #3125187 06/06/21 05:17 PM
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
A second recording using the Blüthner. This piece is still a work in progress.

Mendelssohn Songs Without Words Opus 19 No. 1 on soundcloud

klausi6 #3125307 06/07/21 04:36 AM
S
S
Just an FYI for people downloading the demos of these products, don't forget to also download the updates in the my VSL section. I find it odd that VSL wouldn't simply update their original downloads to avoid this, as it's not obvious in the least that the version you're downloading is not the latest one. I downloaded a Steinway update from early/mid 2019, and let me tell you it revolutionised my experience. Before the update, I found it way too bright, and the control was totally off. Afterward, it sounds and plays like a dream.

I believe the original problem was that the velocity mapping was off, as well as the timbral mapping, so it meant that from about MF up, the piano sounded timbrally like an FF(F!) even if volumewise it didn't match that.

I would not have bought the original version, but with this update I would definitely now recommend it.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Solasuke
Just an FYI for people downloading the demos of these products, don't forget to also download the updates in the my VSL section. I find it odd that VSL wouldn't simply update their original downloads to avoid this, as it's not obvious in the least that the version you're downloading is not the latest one. I downloaded a Steinway update from early/mid 2019, and let me tell you it revolutionised my experience. Before the update, I found it way too bright, and the control was totally off. Afterward, it sounds and plays like a dream.

I believe the original problem was that the velocity mapping was off, as well as the timbral mapping, so it meant that from about MF up, the piano sounded timbrally like an FF(F!) even if volumewise it didn't match that.

I would not have bought the original version, but with this update I would definitely now recommend it.

Now that is interesting, I did not like the Steinway 274 at all very much for the reasons you describe. At the time I got a refund for it and got the BI instead.

F
F

Only the Steinway demo is available from what I can see, but downloading those is such a big hassle, I think I'll stick with what I have. On paper my Mac isn't powerfull enough to run those anyway, even though I didn't have problems with power so far.

KevinM #3125393 06/07/21 11:39 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM

Now that is interesting, I did not like the Steinway 274 at all very much for the reasons you describe. At the time I got a refund for it and got the BI instead.

Yes. That is very important information. Thank you!

klausi6 #3125442 06/07/21 01:54 PM
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I am bit out of practise with this piece, but it is in nearly all my examples for the different virtual pianos and DP I have used. It took a bit today to get it to this state. I will however work on it, because I think the Blüthner works very well for pieces like this.

The first of Mendelssohn's Venetian Gondolier pieces from his Songs Without Words. Opus 19 No. 6

klausi6 Offline OP
OP Offline

What a difference , thank you very much for this information.

RD 2000 , VSL BI,Garritan,Noire,Modern U , Grandeur , Bechstein Digital, Addictive Keys, Pianoteq , Ravenscroft, Ivory 2 ACD , Production Voices Grand 2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain Pedal Use
by john fh - 09/25/21 02:13 AM
Insulted a Kawai salesman with straight talk
by Cristofori - 09/25/21 01:37 AM
Berg Sieben Früher Lieder and more
by MinscAndBoo - 09/24/21 08:47 PM
Free Books
by Larry Fine - 09/24/21 07:18 PM
Need help finding a piece (Streabbog?)
by cygnusdei - 09/24/21 06:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,282
Posts3,134,985
Members102,816
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission