2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
81 members (accordeur, AJB, anamnesis, Abdol, 8ude, Adem, Alex C, 18 invisible), 930 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
See that makes sense, hahaha, if it was 463 watt, the piano would need active cooling fans. grin

Not that I'm against having so much Power.

As is, that means the speakers average 10watt of power use, and the piano's computer itself is ~35 watts.

Last edited by EinLudov; 05/22/21 02:28 PM.
Z
Z
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
@Zanoni: What kind of electricity usage monitor did you employ?

A simple device like this one...
My mistake to write kWh instead of just (w).

Yamaha AvantGrand N2.
Sennheiser HD 598 SE - Sennheiser IE 80.
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Pete14
Not so fast, Zanoni!
Turns out it’s 130W in Euros; which roughly converts into 158.36W in US Wattages.
Besides, we all know the NV10S is the Mac 🖥 of pianos, yet that there N2 of yours is so PC! laugh

You are great fun Pete14!

As a Mac Mini fan-boy, I agree that the Mac is more fun then a PC; but there my agreement stops, as you will understand.

The AvantGrand N2 does not need an additional (S) and not even an (X)! Yamaha decided not to upgrade the N2 because this one is already perfect. They examined the N2 from al sides again and again and could not find anything to improve. "Never change a winning team", must be their thought. smile

Yamaha AvantGrand N2.
Sennheiser HD 598 SE - Sennheiser IE 80.
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Zanoni
The AvantGrand N2 does not need an additional (S) and not even an (X)! Yamaha decided not to upgrade the N2 because this one is already perfect. They examined the N2 from al sides again and again and could not find anything to improve. "Never change a winning team", must be their thought. smile

The main differences between the N1 and N1X are the CFX(binaural)+Bösendorfer tones, the audio/USB link, the audio/Bluetooth link... then we could expect a N2X with all of these features.

Since I do prefer CFX over CFIIIS, I am not sure a N2 will be the best for me.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 05/22/21 04:19 PM.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I'm surprised about the price of the NV10S....

£8,699 in UK is cheapest, I've seen it at £9,666 in a few shops!

So it's priced pretty much £2K above a yamaha N1X.

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by mwf
I'm surprised about the price of the NV10S....

It's priced pretty much £2K above a yamaha N1X.

So... is that above or below your expectations?

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Above, doubt its that good it's worth almost 9 grand, ridiculous.

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by mwf
When the NV-10 first came out, it was $12.9k or so list. At that price, might as well get an N3X right?

Before the pandemic, people were getting the NV-10 for $7-8k. Still usually a $1-2k price premium over the N1X.

Kawai US tends to price high and discount I think.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mwf

So you don't think it is worth $2K more than the N1x? That is a decision many have made in favor of the NV10. While the N1x wasn't available when I bought mine, I paid more than $10,000 including tax in Los Angeles county of ~10%. I agree it is overpriced. The AG line is also overpriced. Like a nice grand piano, the target market is folks that have the money to pay a lot for a little bit better. 🤪

Kawai NV10
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
If one is to believe the original Japanese link, there are only 300 NV10 pianos sold. It wasn’t said whether that was worldwide or only in Japan though. I guess worldwide. A third of them have already been reported on the forum. So apparently hybrid pianos are a niche market.

Last edited by CyberGene; 05/23/21 02:15 PM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
P
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
P
If we’re gonna count specs, the NV10S has 7 speakers (one 8” subwoofer), damper mechanism, and longer keys, so yes, perhaps it’s worth 2K more.

The N1X has only 6 speakers (one 6” subwoofer), shorter keys, and no damper mechanism, so yes, perhaps it’s worth 2K less.

This is very subjective, but I think the Novus is also more elegant; there, I said it!

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ˆTomLCˆ
The AG line is also overpriced. Like a nice grand piano, the target market is folks that have the money to pay a lot for a little bit better. 🤪
I disagree with the a little better. The difference between a N1X and a CLP785 is night and day.

Sure, it is for folks that have the money to pay...

Overpriced could mean different think : 1/ high ratio price / production cost, 2/ too much money for the added value, 3/ too much money compared with other brand similar product(s).

I am not a Yamaha insider, then I can’t argue about 1/

The number 2/ depends of the money you earn and the importance of the piano in your life... it is very person dependant. It happens that I am very happy with my N1X, and I didn’t upgrade my DP since 2003 (considering the price per year since 2003 makes it seem lower).

About 3/, the only concurrent product is the Kawai NV10 (now the NV10S) which is more expensive without adding a lot of value added from my point of view. Then the N1X seems cost effective with this criteria.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 05/23/21 02:35 PM.

Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Well, That brought a strong reaction. Did I say the NV10 is better than the N1x? Or that I agree they are overpriced?

Kawai NV10
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
When you have said « The AG line is also overpriced. Like a nice grand piano, the target market is folks that have the money to pay a lot for a little bit better. » I have considered that you mean the N1X (AG) is overpriced and is only « a little bit better » than cheaper models (Clavinova for example).

If this is the case, I disagree : the AG is a lot better than cheaper DP, typically the high-end Clavinova I have tested (CLP785) and compared with the N1X.

About overpriced, as I have said, it has several meanings... in one meaning, it is not too much overpriced since I (and other) have bought it. It is the market law (supply and demand).

Last edited by Frédéric L; 05/23/21 03:21 PM.

M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
The N1X is indeed much better than the clp785... Night and day difference.

I still haven't bought the N1X due to last minute financial reasons, the NV10S is still within my budget at £8699, do I go back to my shop and try out the NV10S... I'm presuming it would be a waste of time as i own the CA99 and am not a fan of the samples anyway, and definitely not a fan of Kawai UK. But it does make me think if i can afford the NV10S, is it that much better than the NV10 original I've played on and is it worth a play on....

Will I be amazed and astounded at the new improved speaker system on the NV10S... Will this finally sway me towards kawai...and pray I get a good unit without faults.

The NV10 speaker system is one of the reasons I didn't go for it, imo it was laughably bad.

Last edited by mwf; 05/23/21 03:57 PM.
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
🏳️

Kawai NV10
S
S
At first I was disappointed when the NV10S was announced on the day I took delivery of my NV10 - but now I see they’ve bumped the price up by £1200 for some minor tweaks, I’m feeling rather pleased. Indeed - the new price seems to be the most significant upgrade.

Last edited by Showpan2; 05/23/21 08:04 PM.
Tyr Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mwf
The N1X is indeed much better than the clp785... Night and day difference.

I still haven't bought the N1X due to last minute financial reasons, the NV10S is still within my budget at £8699, do I go back to my shop and try out the NV10S... I'm presuming it would be a waste of time as i own the CA99 and am not a fan of the samples anyway, and definitely not a fan of Kawai UK. But it does make me think if i can afford the NV10S, is it that much better than the NV10 original I've played on and is it worth a play on....

Will I be amazed and astounded at the new improved speaker system on the NV10S... Will this finally sway me towards kawai...and pray I get a good unit without faults.

The NV10 speaker system is one of the reasons I didn't go for it, imo it was laughably bad.

I've learend that money isn't always the answer to have a good experience to play a digital piano. More Dollars (or Euros) aren't a guarantee that you will have fun and be happy with your decision. Almost every digital you can buy has some flaws, so it's just up to you to deal with it. I'm owning an NV5 and have fun with it while i'm sitting at my Midi Controller most of the time.

Kawai: NV5 | Yamaha: CLP-745R
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
S
S
Originally Posted by CyberGene
If one is to believe the original Japanese link, there are only 300 NV10 pianos sold.

300?! So, that's roughly $3M revenue? Doesn't seem like it moves the needle for a large corporation like Kawai.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CyberGene
If one is to believe the original Japanese link, there are only 300 NV10 pianos sold. It wasn’t said whether that was worldwide or only in Japan though. I guess worldwide. A third of them have already been reported on the forum. So apparently hybrid pianos are a niche market.

The numbers that you're citing in the Japanese news release refer to "Annual sales target" and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music theory - Key identification
by Animisha - 07/06/22 11:21 AM
Yamaha P-125 String Resonance
by Petzold - 07/06/22 09:50 AM
Piano saver system? does everyone use this?
by NJ_Piano_Mom - 07/06/22 09:00 AM
Future-proof-ness of a silent acoustic grand
by Falsch - 07/06/22 08:03 AM
Haessler
by PianistEsq - 07/06/22 12:05 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,828
Posts3,205,830
Members105,735
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission