2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
W
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
W
It will be just fine once you are playing it. When does it arrive?

Ian Russell
Schiedmayer & Soehne, 1925 Model 14, 140cm
Ibach, 1905 F-IV, 235cm
S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
I'm not sure. The dealer said shipping is within 7 days but I don't have a date yet.

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
I'm sure it will be fine once the hammers harden a bit and I get it into a smaller space. I'm just super-picky. It's definitely a beautiful piano.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations! I do not for one minute believe that you would have accepted the piano (even with the agreement you had previously made with the dealer) if you felt that you were not likely to enjoy playing it in your home (or if you felt you were going to be plagued by disappointment about the purchasing decision). There may be some adjustments that you decide are needed, but I suspect that you are going to enjoy your new S7X immensely.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
I find it highly unlikely that you will not be happy once the piano is delivered or that any minor issues with voicing can’t be worked out to your satisfaction. That is a great piano. Congratulations and enjoy the moment. Nothing like the anticipation of taking delivery of a dream piano.

H
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Sonepica
I'm sure it will be fine once the hammers harden a bit and I get it into a smaller space. I'm just super-picky. It's definitely a beautiful piano.

Let’s hope it all goes well and doesn’t turn into another expensive lesson learned.

X
X
I have a C2, purchased recently in Melbourne as well.
I'm not sure how to say this without it possibly coming off as being a dig at the OP which is certainly not my intention!

Anyway.. When I play my C2, both in my home and when I tried it at the dealer I am very happy with it. I can't possibly find fault with it.
I mustn't have the same level of appreciation to the sound of a piano as others!
It's probably down to me not having played enough different instruments but I don't believe I could find fault with a piano like that ( SX7 ) if I tried!

I'm thankful for that as piano in the price region of an SX7 is way beyond me!

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by xDom
I have a C2, purchased recently in Melbourne as well.
I'm not sure how to say this without it possibly coming off as being a dig at the OP which is certainly not my intention!

Anyway.. When I play my C2, both in my home and when I tried it at the dealer I am very happy with it. I can't possibly find fault with it.
I mustn't have the same level of appreciation to the sound of a piano as others!
It's probably down to me not having played enough different instruments but I don't believe I could find fault with a piano like that ( SX7 ) if I tried!

I'm thankful for that as piano in the price region of an SX7 is way beyond me!

New thread idea: Yamaha C2 vs Bosendorfer imperial

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
S
IMHO
It doesn’t matter if a piano shopper is more picky (I call it more discriminating) than the next buyer. The hope should be that each buys the piano that makes them happy to play rather than having doubts and hoping the piano they buy will make them happy when they get it home. It might happen but there are no guarantees.

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
Even the bass on my Yamaha U3 sounds fairly resonant in a smallish room. So the bass on the S7X might blow my socks off in the same room. My next thread will probably be "Bass too loud. Pasta strainer resonating in the kitchen (true story)."

T
T
You mentioned that the piano is better in all respects than the C7X. I loved that C7X so I expect that you will likely be very pleased when the S7X arrives!

Last edited by TTWK; 05/15/21 06:00 PM.
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Sonepica
Even the bass on my Yamaha U3 sounds fairly resonant in a smallish room. So the bass on the S7X might blow my socks off in the same room. My next thread will probably be "Bass too loud. Pasta strainer resonating in the kitchen (true story)."
I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy your new instrument when it arrives. Any qualms you had about it will disappear once you start making beautiful music with it. I’m definitely not as picky about my instrument as you were. I had the pick of one Shigeru Kawai left in the showroom as the dealer was closing his doors. It’s an exquisite powerful SK2 and just like every piano it changes slightly it’s character depending upon the room conditions and weather. I feel it’s a glorious piano and I’m sure you will find the same of your sx7 once it arrives. I love the sound of that piano and it’s uniqueness has grown on me. Please make some videos as I hear you are quite the pianist. Enjoy!

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by TTWK
You mentioned that the piano is better in all respects than the C7X. I loved that C7X so I expect that you will likely be very pleased when the S7X arrives!

I think that C7X has a similar characteristic to my S7X, in that with the lowest bass notes, you have to hit them really hard to get a super powerful sound out of them. Some pianos, like the other S7X, seem to have a bass that just resonates naturally.

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
Where I really noticed it was at the very beginning of Rach 2 (starting at about the second line) where the little finger on your left hand is hitting the lowest C on the piano repeatedly. I had to use an unpleasant amount of force with my little finger to really get the power I wanted on that note. But, this was in a large showroom. Perhaps I will even find the bass too loud in my home.

X
X
Which shop are you getting the SX from?

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
There's a Yamaha dealer in Chatswood in Sydney. Although I had to fly to the Yamaha showroom in Melbourne to try as they didn't have any S7Xs in Sydney.

Last edited by Sonepica; 05/15/21 11:39 PM.
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
I would just relax and avoid even discussing it until it arrives and you've had the chance to assess it in your home for a while. All the back and forth on the forum stirs up nervous feelings (whether you acknowledge that or not). You're coming onto a forum to discuss a piano none of us have heard and asking how it will go. Then you're getting replies right across the spectrum as to how it will go. You'll find that out when it arrives - you can't change anything at this point. It may be perfect as it is - nothing to do to it at all. There may be a few tweaks necessary. There may be some more substantial work needed on certain registers , or just acoustic work on your room. There's no way to know at this stage.

So, I think you should take a break from worrying about it. Get off the forum and just look forward to your new arrival. smile

H
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
H
If it was possible to get that bass on the low C from a 7 footer then they wouldn’t have bothered to design a Concert Grand.

You will never have the very low bass of a concert grand from a semi concert grand piano.

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
The point is that the other S7X was significantly better in that regard.

S
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S
I did get the chance to play the CFX again. It was very resonant from bottom to top, although it was also up against the wall this time which helped. I'm not sure it would be a practical choice for home use because the sound might be a bit overwhelming. It's maybe a bit too resonant for use in a small space...

Last edited by Sonepica; 05/16/21 02:58 AM.
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission