2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
45 members (3B43, Craig Hair, anotherscott, claburo, clothearednincompo, Blague, 11 invisible), 315 guests, and 488 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
A
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Quarterly Recital #62!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #62 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at any time. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital 62 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music!

Sam

Last edited by AB Forum Recital; 05/15/21 06:21 AM.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
F
F
20. Qazsedcft - Invention no. 2 in C minor

As promised (and I might be the first who comments since I found recital #62 the "backdoor" way before posted here laugh )
You did great. When it comes to Bach it sometimes feels mechanical. But it doesnt matter. The playfulness of the rules that is an inventions (melodies going backwards and shifting between the different voices) are just wonderful. And such a lot going on, where neither hands truly can rest. Good listening. I liked it. And what a great sound from your piano!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
4. Ido- I listened to this a week ago on youtube and loved it. A very beautiful piece.

F
F
And my first (second? ) batch of comments.
01. KevinM - Moonlight Sonata, Quasi una Fantasia, Op. 27. No 2. 1st Movement
So sorry to hear about your mother. And I will give no technical feedback since you put “no” there, and just say thank you for sharing and I enjoyed listening to it. Many many hugs.

02. MarieJ - Saman
Never heard about this composer before. But enjoyed this piece a lot. Thank you for sharing. It was sort of meditative.

03. Peyton - When the First Bird Sings
An original piece, thank you for sharing. I can imagine you sitting watching the lake, the boats, and listening to the birds.

04. Ido - Sonatina
Another original. And cudos for sharing the score. I know the amount of times it takes to write an original piece down - note by note. Lovely. Thank you.

05. pianist685 (Constantin) - Arioso ex Harpsichord Concerto BWV 1056
Oh… my … god…
I just love this piece. Truly truly love it. And you found a transcription that worked excellent, getting the cello melody very well. That is hard. Thank you. It must be a lot of hands crossing in this one right?

06. Greta99 - Adagio, BWV 974
Ah! Another one of my absolute favourite pianopieces. Not so much enjoy the transcriptions here, but its hard to get the soft strings in the beginning to transcribe to the piano. Your performance though. Truly great, especially you playing the melody soft and clearly.

07. JJHLH - Prelude Op. 11 - No. 21 in B flat major
Haven´t heard this one before, and always enjoy listening to music that’s new to me. Flawless ( I think since I haven’t seen the score).

08. Brian Moore - Sarabande, French Suite #1
Thank you Brian for sharing. Bach isn’t an easy composer, even though there is a lot for beginners. And here we have many voices going in different direction. It must have taken time to learn it? Personally would have liked this to go a bit faster and more like the clockwork I sometimes think that I experience Bachs piece to be . But we do all have different preference. Your tempo and your rubato is as good as any. And your love for the piece shines through! Thank you!

09. rwsavory - Sonata K391
Wonderful. The recording worked really well.

10. Jason Lenthe - Fantasia in C Major (HWV 490)
A 7 minute piece. That’s some endurance you preform here. Somehow, even though you played it on piano – I am not sure how you manage but it sort of still sounded like it was on a haspichord. 😃

Last edited by Flygbladet; 05/15/21 07:15 AM.
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Comments on the first set of YT videos I could find. Not really substantial comments, but rather to indicate I enjoyed watching your performances smile

51. Sam S - Polonaise op 40-1"Military"
Very nice, Sam! Well played. Enjoyed your video. I can appreciate the sigh at the end, that was a long piece ;0 What microphone are you using again?

49. EdmondRhapsody - Passacaglia
Nicely played Edmond!

45. PikaPianist - Abendlied Op.5 No.3
Fantastic performance ... and attire, as usual smile

44. Purrblast - Baba Yaga, The Witch (Op. 39, No. 20)
I thought it said Baby Yoda! Not familiar with this piece. I think you did a nice job with articulation and dynamics. Well played!

34. lyricmudra - Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2
Fantastic, beautiful and elegant! Well played.

33. Tootles - What A Glorious Day
Nicely played, Tootles! Keep at it.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
06 Greta99 – Adagio BWV974 This Adagio by Marcello, transcribed by Bach, is one of my favourite pieces of Baroque music. I can’t get enough of it. I like pianists who are able to play fast Baroque trills. I have the impression the sheet music is lacking a tie on the d at the end of measure 20 to measure 21 (at 1:40). The figure should look the same as in measure 19/20 on the e. At least, it sounds incorrect to my ears to strike the d anew in measure 21. What do you think? The ending… Hmmm. Would some ritardando in measure 40 be appropriate or wouldn’t it?

07 JJHLH – Scriabin Prelude B-flat Scriabin recorded these preludes himself on piano rolls, some of which can be heard on Youtube. When I compare your rendition to those (quite unfair, you might say, but…) I think you are playing this piece exactly in the way Scriabin wanted it to be played. Yes, there are always some bell-like, soft treble notes in Scriabin’s early preludes. Congratulations on this perfect recording after only 2 years of playing. This is a fantastic achievement of yours.

15 Flygbladet – Om kvallen (Elfrida Andree) A very relaxing and gentle, romantic tune with descending fifths and pleasant cadences. It goes from G major through E-flat, E major, E minor, B major and back to G. This C/D chord within the long “6-4 before 5-3” from 2:02 to 2:24 is interesting, something I would rather have expected in pop music. Oh, I just found the sheet music is on the IMSLP. You are definitely able to play tenths. I think I have found the next piece to try myself…

18 Sriya – Waltz A minor (Chopin) Very beautiful! I like the tempo you chose. Most pianists play this waltz quite fast because there seems to exist one sketch by Chopin where he marked it “allegretto”. But I find, the waltz loses its spirit when played at an elevated tempo. Gregory Sokolev and Tiffany Poon play this waltz slowly, as well.

25 Ganddalf – Scriabin Prelude 11/23 Scriabin is never easy, indeed. Again, there are these bell-like soft treble notes in this prelude that you bring out very well. Inspired by Chopin, yes… Quoting Tim Adrianson: “Scriabin was the best Chopin wannabe in his early years.”

33 Tootles – What a glorious day (Martha Mier) Oh, yeah! This is bluesy, jazzy and swinging. A true Martha Mier song. It must be really fun to play. I like that final D minor 7+ chord.

34 lyricmuda – Brahms Intermezzo A major Welcome back to the recitals! This is a truly wonderful gem you chose to record. Yes, it is hard to make a difference between “piano”, “piano dolce”, “pianissimo” and “pianissimo dolce”. There are only slight but subtle changes to the theme at the beginning, but it seems Brahms wanted it to sound a little different each time it appears. Your recording is perfect and worthy of a professional pianist. I also like the tone of your piano.

39 QuentinP – Barcarolle (Tchaikovsky) This is one of the most beautiful boat songs and probably the most famous piece of Tchaikovsky’s “Seasons”. I enjoyed your rendition very much and liked how you take up speed in the G major section. Perfect! Well, yes, this is programme music, the gondolier is slowly rowing through the canals of Venice in a melancholy mood, takes up speed at some point, slows down again and eventually disappears with a couple of strokes.

42 Barbaram – Waltz in A minor (Chopin) Very beautiful! Of course, Chopin is never easy, in this case, there is this fast arpeggio in E major and all those trills. Still, you are playing this piece very well, and I liked your recording very much. A perfect recording will probably never exist, so what’s the use of striving for such?

43 dumka – Scriabin Prelude 11/20 I did not know this prelude before, thanks for introducing. It really is an impressive piece. Octave jumps, as far as I can hear. Yes, that is something one must get used to…

51 Sam S - Military Polonaise (Chopin) You are such a courageous person to try playing this “thing”… Well, I had to comment on this, because I have recorded it myself (and do not like that recording at all). The first time I tried it was at the age of 16, and I kept playing it on and off all the time since then. Yes, this piece begins forte and goes through the different stages of fortissimo and forte-fortissimo. First, you need an instrument that allows playing fast repetitions. If you play this on an upright you are likely to fail. Second, the piece requires a pianist with a lot of strength and energy that he or she is able to keep through the end. Even star pianists sometimes leave out some of the repetitions when they feel they are losing power. And third, some bad landings are almost certain with all those jumps in big and thick chords. Just one idea that came to my mind when I watched the video: your seating position is correct, but for this piece, it might be worth trying an even higher seating position. It might be easier to hit those chords from above, at least that is the way I am playing them. Good luck and all the best for your live recital. Your 85 hours of rehearsing will surely pay out.

F
F
Originally Posted by Pianist685
06 Greta99 – Adagio BWV974 This Adagio by Marcello, transcribed by Bach, is one of my favourite pieces of Baroque music. I can’t get enough of it. I like pianists who are able to play fast Baroque trills. I have the impression the sheet music is lacking a tie on the d at the end of measure 20 to measure 21 (at 1:40). The figure should look the same as in measure 19/20 on the e. At least, it sounds incorrect to my ears to strike the d anew in measure 21. What do you think? The ending… Hmmm. Would some ritardando in measure 40 be appropriate or wouldn’t it?

07 JJHLH – Scriabin Prelude B-flat Scriabin recorded these preludes himself on piano rolls, some of which can be heard on Youtube. When I compare your rendition to those (quite unfair, you might say, but…) I think you are playing this piece exactly in the way Scriabin wanted it to be played. Yes, there are always some bell-like, soft treble notes in Scriabin’s early preludes. Congratulations on this perfect recording after only 2 years of playing. This is a fantastic achievement of yours.

15 Flygbladet – Om kvallen (Elfrida Andree) A very relaxing and gentle, romantic tune with descending fifths and pleasant cadences. It goes from G major through E-flat, E major, E minor, B major and back to G. This C/D chord within the long “6-4 before 5-3” from 2:02 to 2:24 is interesting, something I would rather have expected in pop music. Oh, I just found the sheet music is on the IMSLP. You are definitely able to play tenths. I think I have found the next piece to try myself…

18 Sriya – Waltz A minor (Chopin) Very beautiful! I like the tempo you chose. Most pianists play this waltz quite fast because there seems to exist one sketch by Chopin where he marked it “allegretto”. But I find, the waltz loses its spirit when played at an elevated tempo. Gregory Sokolev and Tiffany Poon play this waltz slowly, as well.

25 Ganddalf – Scriabin Prelude 11/23 Scriabin is never easy, indeed. Again, there are these bell-like soft treble notes in this prelude that you bring out very well. Inspired by Chopin, yes… Quoting Tim Adrianson: “Scriabin was the best Chopin wannabe in his early years.”

33 Tootles – What a glorious day (Martha Mier) Oh, yeah! This is bluesy, jazzy and swinging. A true Martha Mier song. It must be really fun to play. I like that final D minor 7+ chord.

34 lyricmuda – Brahms Intermezzo A major Welcome back to the recitals! This is a truly wonderful gem you chose to record. Yes, it is hard to make a difference between “piano”, “piano dolce”, “pianissimo” and “pianissimo dolce”. There are only slight but subtle changes to the theme at the beginning, but it seems Brahms wanted it to sound a little different each time it appears. Your recording is perfect and worthy of a professional pianist. I also like the tone of your piano.

39 QuentinP – Barcarolle (Tchaikovsky) This is one of the most beautiful boat songs and probably the most famous piece of Tchaikovsky’s “Seasons”. I enjoyed your rendition very much and liked how you take up speed in the G major section. Perfect! Well, yes, this is programme music, the gondolier is slowly rowing through the canals of Venice in a melancholy mood, takes up speed at some point, slows down again and eventually disappears with a couple of strokes.

42 Barbaram – Waltz in A minor (Chopin) Very beautiful! Of course, Chopin is never easy, in this case, there is this fast arpeggio in E major and all those trills. Still, you are playing this piece very well, and I liked your recording very much. A perfect recording will probably never exist, so what’s the use of striving for such?

43 dumka – Scriabin Prelude 11/20 I did not know this prelude before, thanks for introducing. It really is an impressive piece. Octave jumps, as far as I can hear. Yes, that is something one must get used to…

51 Sam S - Military Polonaise (Chopin) You are such a courageous person to try playing this “thing”… Well, I had to comment on this, because I have recorded it myself (and do not like that recording at all). The first time I tried it was at the age of 16, and I kept playing it on and off all the time since then. Yes, this piece begins forte and goes through the different stages of fortissimo and forte-fortissimo. First, you need an instrument that allows playing fast repetitions. If you play this on an upright you are likely to fail. Second, the piece requires a pianist with a lot of strength and energy that he or she is able to keep through the end. Even star pianists sometimes leave out some of the repetitions when they feel they are losing power. And third, some bad landings are almost certain with all those jumps in big and thick chords. Just one idea that came to my mind when I watched the video: your seating position is correct, but for this piece, it might be worth trying an even higher seating position. It might be easier to hit those chords from above, at least that is the way I am playing them. Good luck and all the best for your live recital. Your 85 hours of rehearsing will surely pay out.

I have to correct. I played many many years as young. Like 8-10 years. But had 20 years of nothing so no... I played more than 2 years.

D
D
What a great way to start a Saturday morning. I've only listened to a few pieces so far and am posting some comments below. My apologies--I might not be able to comment on the rest (although I'll try)--I have a few busy weeks coming up, but I'll definitely listen to all of them.

07. JJHLH - Prelude Op. 11 - No. 21 in B flat major
Nicely done! I’ve been playing some Scriabin preludes lately, and they’re true gems. Very impressive.

20. Qazsedcft - Invention no. 2 in C minor[/b] (to do)
Very well done! Bach’s inventions are not easy. Great job on the ornaments.

25. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.11 No.23
I enjoyed this very much. I’ve been working on a few preludes by Scriabin lately, and they’re all challenging. Even the easiest one technically (#4) needed a lot of work to play it musically and to achieve the convincing balance and dynamic expression. So, I can really appreciate the nice work you’ve done here.

37. QuasiUnaFantasia – Smaatrold
Great, playful performance. What a fun piece! You said it's work in progress, but you're very close. Some sections sounded slightly uneven to me (although I realize you were speeding up on purpose), but overall very enjoyable.

39. QuentinP - June – Barcarolle
I love this piece—played it a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed your sensitive interpretation and your decision not to rush it. And you did very well with the difficult middle section, although I think it could be even more energetic and contrasting with the rest. Nicely done!

44. Purrblast - Baba Yaga, The Witch (Op. 39, No. 20)
Very well done, great expression of the character of the piece. If there were any mistakes, as you said, they weren’t obvious at all.

46. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Moment Musicaux Number 3 in F minor
I love this piece! It has a very Slavic feel to it (for me; or Hungarian perhaps). Very nicely played. I’ll let others comment on pedaling, because I’ve never played it (even though was tempted to), and pedaling is something I myself need to work more on. But I enjoyed the character and the dynamic contrasts.

Bravo, Sam! This is so challenging and very hard to perform mistake-free, I’m sure. But you conveyed the character of the piece so well and had so many clean sections that some slips here and there didn't bother me at all--I enjoyed listening to it (and yes, appreciated the sigh at the end, too).

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Very nice, Sam! Well played. Enjoyed your video. I can appreciate the sigh at the end, that was a long piece ;0 What microphone are you using again?

Thanks!, I using a Zoom Q8 set to 4 channels with two external Behringer C-2 mics. The C2s are on a stand in XY configuration pointed into the open lid. The Zoom Q8 mics are on the camera.

Sam

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Qazsedcft
> I'm sorry for the sound quality. I don't know where the clicks are coming from and how to get rid of them.

I checked your file and it looks like samples are being dropped.
This happens when your computer can't keep up with the audio data, or when there are issues somewhere eg in a samplerate converter.

We need to know your exact technical setup to make more educated guesses

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
15. Flygbladet I was not familiar with that composer. Your playing was lovely. I will not comment in more detail as I'm not familiar with this music but I liked it.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79
Qazsedcft
> I'm sorry for the sound quality. I don't know where the clicks are coming from and how to get rid of them.

I checked your file and it looks like samples are being dropped.
This happens when your computer can't keep up with the audio data, or when there are issues somewhere eg in a samplerate converter.

We need to know your exact technical setup to make more educated guesses
That's probably what's happening. I'm recording using a USB interface connected to an older Linux laptop so it's quite possibly an issue with the laptop. It wasn't like that before just recently. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread with my issue so I'll try to troubleshoot and ask in the forum.

I
Ido Offline
I
I usually comment on pieces in a very orderly manner... but given what's going on in my life these days, I'll just randomly comment, and hope to cover more with time.

02. MarieJ - Saman
Great piece and you do it justice with your playing!

03. Peyton - When the First Bird Sings
I like how you mimic and bird's singing with the piano. A very soothing piece which brings up good memories for me.
Always a pleasure to listen to your compositions.

10. Jason Lenthe - Fantasia in C Major (HWV 490)
I think this is a very impressive performance. Clean, even, good flow. You've really improved in many areas! I enjoyed it!

11. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Milonga del Angel
I think this is the best performance I've ever heard from you and that says a lot. I really cannot find words to describe how good I think this is.

14. AndresVel - Sonatina in G major, Anh. 5, No. 1
I'm so impressed with your playing. I'm glad you acquired an acoustic, I think it sounds great. Looking forward to your next performances.

15. Flygbladet - Om kvallen (in the evening)
I wouldn't have guessed this piece is from the 19 century, it sounds relatively modern. The playing, as usual, is top notch, very expressive and a great presentation of the piece.
Many shades of sounds, superb sense of timing and rubato.
You make the P45 sounds great but I'll use the cliche and say you deserve a better piano smile

20. Qazsedcft - Invention no. 2 in C minor
Good performance and interpretation. The ornaments are spot on.

21. peterws - Contemplation
What can I say... Your entry is the one I always look forward to in these recitals. Something with your playing and style just clicks with my musical taste, I don't know...
Anyway, to avoid embarrasing you too much with compliments, I'll just say I seriously consider learning your piece (or at least transcribing it). I guess that says it all.

27. mmathew - Prelude in E Minor
Very touching performance, really expressive.

39. QuentinP - June - Barcarolle
Shiver down my spine. Quite literally. Great performance.

42. barbaram - Waltz in A Minor
Great performance, very expressive playing, I think you've captured the right feel for the piece (if it makes sense :))

49. EdmondRhapsody - Passacaglia
Great performance, very even and clear.

50. psyche23 (Edwin) - Romance in F sharp major, Op. 28 No. 2
Schumann is one of my absolute favorites. I've listened to your performance about 10 times. It's that good.

It definitely seems like a demanding piece but your technique looks very good. You get mighty sounds out of this piano, very reminiscent of performances by the greats - this is exactly the sound
I expect to hear in such pieces. Your chosen tempo is great for the piece but perhaps consider taking is a bit slower, to minimize the tempo difference between the challenging parts and rest of the piece.

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
1. KevinM - Moonlight Sonata 1st mvt. This is an interesting piece of music, haven't heard it before. Haha, that's a joke, but it's performances like this that are the reason it is popular. It is on my bucket list, too, and I hope to evoke a response within myself or the listener like you do here. Sorry for your loss.

51. Sam S - Op. 40/1. Bravo, Sam. Great work with the dynamics and holding the thread throughout a demanding piece. Pieces like this intimidate me, I'm impressed with your performance. I like that you recorded the time you spent on it. Isn't it fascinating how much time and effort we pour into making interesting sounds come from these keyboards? I'm going to start logging time spent learning my next major piece, and time spent maintaining repertoire once I'm satisfied with my first recital program. I'll be curious to learn what it says. Were you surprised by the time investment in the polonaise?

17. Venu -Prelude #6 in B Minor This is one of my favorites. It's also on my bucket list (on my 3d recital program in fact). Great playing, it deserves better than an iphone, but we do what we can, no?

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by sma55
...my wife, who has asked me to play it at her funeral (yes, seriously).

Very nice playing and fun piece.

It reminds me of Tchaikovsky's "The doll's burial" but this one is much more substantial

Are you sure your wife did not subtly suggest she feels like a marionette ?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
S
S
Originally Posted by wouter79
Originally Posted by sma55
...my wife, who has asked me to play it at her funeral (yes, seriously).

Very nice playing and fun piece.

It reminds me of Tchaikovsky's "The doll's burial" but this one is much more substantial

Are you sure your wife did not subtly suggest she feels like a marionette ?

Haha. Funny guy. Truth be told, if anyone’s the marionette in our relationship, it’s me! Thanks for listening and for your comments. Glad you liked it.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
01. KevinM - Moonlight Sonata, Quasi una Fantasia, Op. 27. No 2. 1st Movement With sensitive and powerful dynamics like these, who needs rubato? That was heartfelt, Kevin: a fitting and beautiful tribute.

02. MarieJ - Saman I’d hoped to have something a lot more polished to celebrate my 25th Recital. It’s still a work in progress (and sounds better with headphones) but I really enjoyed experimenting. smile

03. Peyton - When the First Bird Sings Peyton, I absolutely loved that piece - it was just gorgeous. Congratulations!

04. Ido - Sonatina I’m impressed - an original composition, and it was great to be able to follow your score while you played. Take a bow!

05. pianist685 (Constantin) - Arioso ex Harpsichord Concerto BWV 1056 I’m running out of superlatives - I loved the trills, the rich tone, the measured pace. Bravo!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXII

My C3 - solace. And joy.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hawgdriver

[b]51. Sam S - Op. 40/1.
Were you surprised by the time investment in the polonaise?

I was surprised - I thought it would be much higher! It seemed like it should be higher. 84 hours spread over a year is about 1 1/2 hours a week spent on one piece. That's only 1/10th of total practice time over that period. 45 hours of that was this year, in only 5 months, so more intensive. After next weekend, it goes on military retirement...

Sam

32. Peter Hontaru - Rocket Man Wow! That's a rich arrangement. Lots activity in the left hand and lots of syncopations. It was impressive and I enjoyed it a lot. Well done!

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
I got through part of the recital on a long drive this morning.

01. KevinM - Moonlight Sonata, Quasi una Fantasia, Op. 27. No 2. 1st Movement A beautiful and heartfelt performance.

02. MarieJ - Saman Lovely, pensive. I really liked the sound, especially after reading what you were after with the “felt piano” settings. Great to hear new music, so well played!

03. Peyton - When the First Bird Sings I like this morning feel. You tapped a powerful memory and made a rich piece of music with it.

04. Ido - Sonatina I never would have thought this is a modern-day composition! Beautifully done.

05. pianist685 (Constantin) - Arioso ex Harpsichord Concerto BWV 1056 Simply a beautiful arrangement, and played so well. Bach, and more Bach to come! Such riches!

06. Greta99 - Adagio, BWV 974 Yes, more Bach riches! I love the warmth and delicacy with which you played this.

07. JJHLH - Prelude Op. 11 - No. 21 in B flat major Knowing little about Scriabin, I thought this a brave choice after just 2 years, but you played this so well! I am really curious about the paintings you use in your YouTube uploads -- your own? or should I recognize, say, Diebenkorn or one of the other great painters of California light?

08. Brian Moore - Sarabande, French Suite #1 I loved that strange Glenn Gould movie too; I don’t know how many times I’ve listened to the soundtrack. And there’s just something about Bach, isn’t there, that makes us want to make his music our own? Congratulations on doing so well with this piece.

09. rwsavory - Sonata K391 This makes me want to learn to play Scarlatti; it is so jaunty and full of joy!

10. Jason Lenthe - Fantasia in C Major (HWV 490) You never disappoint! You and this piano sound great!

11. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Milonga del Angel A match made in piano heaven: one of my favorite pieces, by one of my favorite composers, played by Ellen! This interpretation conjures the voices of all the instruments of the original, and the added ornamentation seems just right. Brava!

More to come; the next batch from my long drive home this afternoon!

"Serena," my Estonia L168.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommend me a stand for my Kawai ES920
by Jojovan - 06/24/21 08:42 AM
pianoteq keystroke sound control
by ronlefebvre - 06/23/21 10:16 PM
Bachendorff Piano
by trr04002 - 06/23/21 09:56 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,677
Posts3,106,783
Members101,892
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission