2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
46 members (36251, Alex Hutor, Bebe1980, Burkey, c++, Chapitrilfo, BlaisGuitars, 9 invisible), 296 guests, and 484 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
Hello!

I’m currently learning “The Truth Untold” (by BTS) as arranged by Jova Musique (here is the link), and I wanted to ask for some advice for two difficult fast passages. The piece is in the key of C#-minor, and is written with ♩ = 113bpm and in 4/4 time, which makes the sixteenth notes/semi-quavers in those passages very fast.

Imgur post for difficult passage 1: https://imgur.com/a/uCzTnkw

Imgur post for difficult passage 2: https://imgur.com/a/3v4uqIP

Explanation of the Imgur posts:

The two Imgur posts above each deal with one difficult passage/bar, and the following bar of each passage. (The following bar is just shown to give context to the previous bar and it’s fingering).

However, each bar has two different fingering options, thus there are two bars altogether represented by four photos in each Imgur post.

Photos 1 & 3 represent a single difficult passage with two different fingering options (labeled options 1 and 2), which is the passage I’m trying to decide on fingerings for.

Photos 2 and 4 represent the same following bar, just to give context to the bar/passage represented in photos 1 and 3. This next bar is not one in which I’m unsure about the fingering (although I still appreciate any advice given :D). Photos 2 and 4 will also have different fingerings to each other because of the different fingerings of photos 1 and 3 (i.e. the fingering in photo 2 will be used for the next bar if the fingering in photo 1 was chosen for the previous bar, and the same with photo 4’s fingering being used if photo 3’s fingering for the same previous bar was chosen instead).

So for example, in the Imgur post for difficult passage 1, photos 1 and 3 represent the same difficult passage (in this example, the passage that starts with the G#+C# dyad/two-note chord), with two different fingering options which I’m trying to decide between.
Photos 2 and 4 represent the bar that comes afterwards (in this example, the passage that starts with the D#-B-G# triplet), with two different fingering options based on whether option 1 or option 2 (i.e. photo 1 or photo 3) was chosen for the previous bar’s difficult passage.

So, for each difficult passage (photos 1/3 per post), which fingering option would you recommend that I use, especially for speed and accuracy?

Thank you in advance for any advice you give!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
C
C
For passage 1, option 1 looks good to me, although in bar 42, consider 321, 521, 421, 321.

For passage 2, neither of your options would suit me.

I would try 1 2 4, 1 2 4 5, 4.

Crossing the 4 over the 5 at the end might appear strange, but at speed is quite doo-able.

I
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I
I think conventional arpeggio fingerings work perfectly well in these passages, I'd stick with them. I mean I'd prefer option 2 for passage 1 and option 1 for passage 2.

Fingerings proposed by Jova Musique incline you to depress keys closer to the closing lid, where you have less control over the keys and as a result a bigger chance of mistake in dynamics. My teachers would probably say that the author of these fingerings lacks good piano manners.

E
E
I'd also go for option 2 for the first bar, possible modifcation: 2-3-1-2-3-5 on the sixtuplet.
I use the 3 instead of 4 in arpeggios like that because I have more control when playing fast.

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
pianoteq keystroke sound control
by ronlefebvre - 06/23/21 10:16 PM
Bachendorff Piano
by trr04002 - 06/23/21 09:56 PM
Hardware for Pianoteq on an NV5S
by Vikendios - 06/23/21 07:39 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,677
Posts3,106,783
Members101,892
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission