2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
20 members (Nahum, Bebe1980, berninicaco3, MoltoDiletante, newer player, astrotoy, Mickey_, 5 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 501 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
For about a week I play on a digital piano (got it for my 24th bday yay). I’m not completely new into playing piano, I’ve had lessons as a child until about 10 years ago.

Now that I found my passion back I’m trying to pick things up again but I would still consider myself a beginner. I want to start taking lessons once I’ve puzzled it out with my budget and time schedule. Until that time I try to learn by tutorials on yt and a bit note reading. Now I wanna learn to play an entire song and I thought the following songs sounded nice and not too hard to learn:
- Nuvole Biance - Ludovico Einaudi
- Una Mattina - Ludovico Einaudi
- Mad World - Gary Jules
Are these songs harder than they seem or are they pretty good to learn? If they are good beginner songs, is there any specific order that will be best?

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Welcome! smile

If you have an easier arrangement, any of these should be fine, but in the original, they are all likely to be more challenging than you would expect (esp. just from listening to them).

Having said that, you are not a true beginner, so it's hard to know how to advise you. What music are you working on right now?

Having said that (part 2), if you like Einaudi, I always recommend people start with I Due Fiumi. It has that Einaudi feel to it, but it's shorter and easier than the two you listed, also easier than Le Onde or I Giorni.

Another composer to consider is David Nevue. He sells his sheet music here:
https://www.davidnevue.com/sheetmusic.htm

You can set the list to present pieces in order of difficulty and then go to YT to here a sample. Here are some that beginners often play: Solitude, A Moment Lost, Home.

BTW if you like Einaudi etc. and have even a little bit of score-reading background, I highly recommend you work on your reading ability (not sightreading, but rather, ability to learn from the score rather than need to watch a tutorial video). There is so much music available as sheet music, if you can comfortably read, you will never run out of things to play!

Good luck and let us know how you get on! smile

Last edited by ShiroKuro; 05/11/21 06:35 PM.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the advice! At the moment I’m still figuring put what I want and can play. So I’ve been practicing parts of Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement by Beethoven and music from The Hunger Games movies. Today I’ve started trying to learn Nuvole Biance.

I would love to pick up reading notes again, however I have a pretty bad eye-sight (even with glasses) so even though it’s not impossible it is pretty hard for me to comfortably read and play music at the same time. Not sure if there are any solutions for that like bigger sheet music but still keeping a good overview?

Again, thank you for the suggestions you’ve made, I’ll look into them smile.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I am not very informed about options of people with vision problems, but if you're playing from a screen of some sort (tablet, laptop etc.) you should be able to make some size adjustments? But if figuring out things by ear is easier for you, then of course YT videos will give you lots to work with!

Either way, best of luck!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Mad World - Gary Jules. I think it is a really great option so it was naughty of you not to pick this one to learn smile. haha. That is really a good option.

For Einaudi - nuvolve blanche is a long piece at about 6 minutes so if you are beginner I think it may be a little harder than mad world. It is hard to advise on pieces without knowing your level.

I personally have only two books by him. I have to be honest I did find some of the pieces a little disappointing as he had the same chord broken pattern in the left and harmonies where repeated in many of the pieces. It seemed a little lazy to me. Some of his pieces are more innovative so I would suggest only this one from my series. So some gems, and some truly are recycled garbage, but I think you should be able to find some great music there. I have posted a video below of one I'd recommend as a great tune. Good luck.

Last edited by Moo :); 05/12/21 06:43 PM.
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks so much! I will look into it! smile

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Nocturne Sounds developing new upright VI
by newer player - 06/19/21 01:50 AM
Roland fp-30X vs fp30 keybed noise level
by netcom61 - 06/19/21 01:40 AM
Scriabin and Rachmaninoff on the Yamaha S7X.
by Sonepica - 06/19/21 12:57 AM
SOS I’m Feeling Scattered
by PianogrlNW - 06/19/21 12:10 AM
Why Liszt - Polonaise No. 1 is Underrated
by Batuhan - 06/18/21 10:25 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,595
Posts3,105,026
Members101,852
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission