2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
W
W
@Twocats
I love following the story of your Bo!
It should also be noted, I would like in on this "Bösendorfer pillow" accessory! laugh

@aidans
I am just as guilty when it comes to searching for Bösendorfer accessories - I have none! Not even a lonely keyboard felt! Such a travesty! laugh laugh

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by WSherlock80
@Twocats
I love following the story of your Bo!
It should also be noted, I would like in on this "Bösendorfer pillow" accessory! laugh

@aidans
I am just as guilty when it comes to searching for Bösendorfer accessories - I have none! Not even a lonely keyboard felt! Such a travesty! laugh laugh

Awwww, thank you!

Next spring I might be going to Prague. If I end up also going to Vienna, I'll certainly want to tour the Bösendorfer factory (bummed that I've been to both Vienna and Bayreuth, but at the time I didn't know that there were piano factories to visit!). If I do end up going I'll contact them in advance and see if I can hook you guys up with Bösendorfer pillows and keyboard felts smile

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by twocats
Next spring I might be going to Prague. If I end up also going to Vienna, I'll certainly want to tour the Bösendorfer factory (bummed that I've been to both Vienna and Bayreuth, but at the time I didn't know that there were piano factories to visit!). If I do end up going I'll contact them in advance and see if I can hook you guys up with Bösendorfer pillows and keyboard felts smile
I want to go!!!!! 😍😍😍

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
ebonyk, group tour in Vienna! smile

So update on Bo, the touch definitely feels heavier but in a strange way, easier to play. Not sure if I have improved as a pianist but everything just feels a tiny bit easier. I'm a bit amazed at myself, like "omg have I become a much better pianist"? I'm still diligently trying to break in the bass. At fortissimo it sounds (mostly) great, but with a lighter touch it sounds unsatisfying and slightly muffled. I don't know if this is supposed to be "color"-- I really dislike the sound made by using the una corda pedal and think that it's too great a contrast to do a tonal change unless it's two very different parts of a piece.

I noticed that the notes that are clicking are softer. I think it's probably a regulation issue (they are not able to get as much hammer distance or something like that, so have less power) so I probably shouldn't keep banging extra on those ones to try to get them to sound like the others, it'll probably resolve itself with regulation. A bunch of the high treble notes have been completely knocked out of tune now.

It's still very hard not to judge the piano. In the meantime, it's great to be playing all the loud pieces and to know that it's actually what I'm supposed to be doing right now and it's not shortening the life of the voicing and regulation!

Last edited by twocats; 05/07/21 01:45 PM.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
twocats, I know this has been nerve-racking and stressful for you. But you seem to be dealing with it well. I'd probably be a nervous wreck, since I'm a nervous type person anyway.

But I'm sure your two cats help to relieve some stress. smile

I know you will be glad when the break-in period has progressed to the point of being able to sit and enjoy playing Bo with the kind of touch and tone you are looking for.

All the best!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Thanks, Rick! Actually I have practically no stress about the piano, since all the stress happened 5 years ago with the voicing drama and then when my current tech discovered the lubricant in the key holes. Now it's all been successfully cleaned up and I have a new action, and I know my piano is going to perform better than before. That's the only expectation I have so it just requires patience!

Also, I have three cats now (decided not to change my forum name)! Our sweet girl suddenly died a year back and we ended up getting a kitten to keep the old man company. Turns out she became pretty aggressive and we were recommended to get a second kitten to redirect her energy! It worked and now both kittens are around 1 year old and are huge. Three cats is a lot, but our house is full of life and it's great smile

Thanks, Rick! Actually I have practically no stress about the piano, since all the stress happened 5 years ago with the voicing drama and then when my current tech discovered the lubricant in the key holes. Now it's all been successfully cleaned up and I have a new action, and I know my piano is going to perform better than before. That's the only expectation I have so it just requires patience!

Also, I have three cats now (decided not to change my forum name)! Our sweet girl suddenly died a year back and we ended up getting a kitten to keep the old man company. Turns out she became pretty aggressive and we were recommended to get a second kitten to redirect her energy! It worked and now both kittens are around 1 year old and are huge. Three cats is a lot, but our house is full of life and it's great smile

Sorry to hear about your cat passing. But now you have three kitties to help keep you company.

And, I'm glad you are well beyond the stress period with Bo. I love it when a plan comes together! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Awww, we have three as well!! Two we rescued in 2014 after we lost our cat Oliver, and the third we rescued in 2019 around Thanksgiving. I love how rowdy they are, life is the best when you have pets! ❤️❤️❤️

ebonyk, group tour in Vienna! smile
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by ebonyk
Awww, we have three as well!! Two we rescued in 2014 after we lost our cat Oliver, and the third we rescued in 2019 around Thanksgiving. I love how rowdy they are, life is the best when you have pets! ❤️❤️❤️

I love hearing the kittens chase each other all over the house! But am very glad they haven't tried to get into the piano (yet)! They discovered countertops a month ago and things keep disappearing 😹

My husband wants to add a dog to the mix as well, but I think it's too much! 😳

Last edited by twocats; 05/07/21 04:37 PM.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
LOL, we have a dog, too, but she’s small, a toy rat terrier. She tolerates the cats. My late, best dog ever, Pippin (he passed away a little over 2 years ago) LOVED cats, they’d constantly play chase! He was an awesome dog, also a toy rat terrier, he had the best personality ever! ❤️

My cats leave the pianos alone, but I always cover my piano benches because they do occasionally jump up on them when playing. I have an old yoga mat that I cut up, it makes a nice thick cover. 👍

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by ebonyk
LOL, we have a dog, too, but she’s small, a toy rat terrier. She tolerates the cats. My late, best dog ever, Pippin (he passed away a little over 2 years ago) LOVED cats, they’d constantly play chase! He was an awesome dog, also a toy rat terrier, he had the best personality ever! ❤️

He wants a big dog, or at least a medium dog! I've been firmly in the "no dog" camp for many years but I'm seriously considering one after our old man kitty is no longer with us. (But don't tell my husband, haha! I don't want to be held to this!)

One of my very real concerns is that a dog would chew on my piano legs! And also snack out of the litter box 😳

A
A
We have 2 little dogs, and we're *terrified* of them deciding to chew on the piano legs. When we went camping a couple of weekends ago, we actually bought a plastic fence to cordon off the piano area, lol. We had a house-sitter, but he's entirely too fond of our pups to be trustworthy, lol.

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by aidans
We have 2 little dogs, and we're *terrified* of them deciding to chew on the piano legs. When we went camping a couple of weekends ago, we actually bought a plastic fence to cordon off the piano area, lol. We had a house-sitter, but he's entirely too fond of our pups to be trustworthy, lol.

That would be a disaster! There's no way the piano could ever be refinished at the original level if it were chewed on. Cordoning off your piano was a good idea!

Originally Posted by towcats
One of my very real concerns is that a dog would chew on my piano legs!

Originally Posted by aidans

My Baldwin R had some damage where the previous owner's dog chewed on the lower parts of the legs, the corners of the matching duet bench, and a couple of small places on the sides of the piano cabinet. Of course, I got a really good buy on the R, and was able to repair the dog-bite damage well enough to suit me.

And, I'm glad the dog decided not to chew on the insides of the piano... smile

Rick

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Rickster
My Baldwin R had some damage where the previous owner's dog chewed on the lower parts of the legs, the corners of the matching duet bench, and a couple of small places on the sides of the piano cabinet.

I think aidans is going to have a slight heart attack hearing about this! Haha, I think I'll start a new thread about pet damage. I'm on a roll with creating new threads 😹

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
He wants a big dog, or at least a medium dog! I've been firmly in the "no dog" camp for many years but I'm seriously considering one after our old man kitty is no longer with us. (But don't tell my husband, haha! I don't want to be held to this!)

One of my very real concerns is that a dog would chew on my piano legs! And also snack out of the litter box 😳
We’ve had 4 dogs in the last 25 years and none of them ever chewed on furniture. We always supply lots of other toys and chewies and such, though maybe we’ve been lucky? I don’t really know, I always thought that only puppies chew a lot. I think firm training at a young age is probably the best way to discourage it, along with many other, more desirable, choices of things to chew. I’m no dog trainer, though!

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
ebonyk, sounds like you've been lucky! You only need one pet who decides to act out on one day... 😹

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Twocats
Sorry for the confusion!
Bo wandering around like that and ending up in the Mason and Hamlin thread.I do not know how I let that happen!!! Tell me if Bo was an animal, what kind of animal would he be? Perhaps a rare flame colored panther? What do you think?

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.
In other words a hymn. That is all, but that is enough. tre corda

T
twocats Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by tre corda
Tell me if Bo was an animal, what kind of animal would he be? Perhaps a rare flame colored panther? What do you think?

I think a phoenix smile

A mythical bird born of flame!

A
A
Originally Posted by Rickster
My Baldwin R had some damage where the previous owner's dog chewed on the lower parts of the legs, the corners of the matching duet bench, and a couple of small places on the sides of the piano cabinet.

I think aidans is going to have a slight heart attack hearing about this! Haha, I think I'll start a new thread about pet damage. I'm on a roll with creating new threads 😹

This is precisely my nightmare scenario! Fortunately, the Senator's legs have brass feet and wheels, which protects the most likely chewing zone. I may have to start leaving my shoes around as decoys.

Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission