2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
49 members (ChristofS, clothearednincompo, anotherscott, brennbaer, Curt-S, dire tonic, antune, 12 invisible), 1,360 guests, and 480 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Stax Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by pianogabe
I am located in the Netherlands (which is in Europe smile ), and I had some minor issues with my K300 ATX3. These were fully solved by the dealer/Kawai Europe without problems. Very happy with instrument and service.

Thank you for the tips!
En ik woon in België. 😁

Saturday I will visit a pianostore to try them out.

Stax #3106563 04/15/21 01:41 PM
L
L
Hi there,

Since we are taking about technology here (for the ATX part of the piano) I believe you should investigate when ATX 4 is expected and if an ATX 3 is possible to be upgraded later when ATX 4 is released.

B
B
Originally Posted by LarryMan
Hi there,

Since we are taking about technology here (for the ATX part of the piano) I believe you should investigate when ATX 4 is expected and if an ATX 3 is possible to be upgraded later when ATX 4 is released.

Since I’m renting my k200 atx3 for one year (March 2022) I’m really hoping it will come out before this but I don’t have high hopes. Would be super nice but to be honest the only thing I feel is missing from the atx3 is an inbuilt audio interface. The rest I solve with SVT. smile

S
Stax Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am located in the Netherlands (which is in Europe smile ), and I had some minor issues with my K300 ATX3. These were fully solved by the dealer/Kawai Europe without problems. Very happy with instrument and service.

Do you mind sharing the problems you had?
Today I bit the bullet and I bought myself the Kawai K300 ATX 3.
I trust the piano store when they tell me that there are little problems with the system.

Delivery date: August but probably september. Massive delivery delay because of pandemic and a huge demand worldwide.
The K500 can be delivered October - November.

Stax #3107356 04/17/21 02:51 PM
B
B
Wow congratulations you will be so happy with it!!

The issues I had was with that some of the hammers where a bit to tight so the piano technician regulates it and after that the action feels amazing! But I had it for two week untuned waiting for it so settle in and had some keys that sometime didn’t make sounds and it effects bot acoustic and digital mode since the hammers didn’t reset properly.

There is only one issue I know with the digital part and that is one of the piano sounds (never use it) has some strange clippings on some notes and I don’t know why... it’s only this sound and might be something with the reverb and sensor but it don’t bother me since I don’t use it.

Overall I don’t feel I have any issue... love my K-200 ATX3 but plan to upgrade to K500 when renting period is done.

Stax #3107498 04/18/21 01:35 AM
P
Online Content
P
Originally Posted by Stax

Do you mind sharing the problems you had?
Today I bit the bullet and I bought myself the Kawai K300 ATX 3.
I trust the piano store when they tell me that there are little problems with the system.

After a while 2 or 3 black keys became 'slow' when humidity > 55%. This is a regulation issue that is not uncommon in any acoustic piano when it is adapting to a new environment. There is felt around a metal pin in the whippen flange that should be tight but not too tight. The felt will expand/contract a little as humidity changes and in this case it became a bit too tight. Any piano technician can fix this as it is common issue, and in my case it was fixed right away and for free under warranty/service by the dealer.

The other issue was that the logo of the fall board was slanted to some extent. It was not very bad, but I could clearly see it. The dealer thought it was not so bad, but in the end fixed that as well.

So all in all everything is working very well now and the issues have been fixed.

I can say that after a year I am still very happy that I decided to buy this piano.

Like you I sometimes read about people having problems with the menu system of the Novus/CA78/CA98 etc, but I have not encountered any. Admittedly, Over the last half year or so I only use the "on/off" button of the ATX3 system, as I hook it up to a 2-in-1 laptop with touchscreen that stands on the music rest. It runs my VSTi pianos and has sheet music, and I can listen to pianists on youtube for inspiration.

Congratulations with your decision and new piano!

Last edited by pianogabe; 04/18/21 01:36 AM.
Stax #3107511 04/18/21 03:02 AM
B
B
Its the same for me... i just switch it on and i have it connected to my mic mini and have vst always on. Pretty sweet smile

I use the Bluetooth midi to connect to my iPad when I use an app called flowkey in it works really well with one exception. It disables the regular usb midi so I have to use the internal sounds when doing this. But when playing acoustic that doesn’t matter.

Again I’m super happy with the feature of the ATX3 and the rest of the piano.

S
Stax Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you for the information Pianogabe.
Unfortunately I can't keep my room temperature well regulated. So I'll need to watch out for that.
I'll give the VST's a try.

@Boboulus: I have tried the K500 as well. To me the difference isn't that big. The Neotex keys do feel a bit better and the sound is marginally better. I don't have the skill to hear/use the duplex scale... so the K300 will be much more then I'll eventually need.

Stax #3137907 07/16/21 06:47 AM
M
Online Content
M
@Stax still on schedule for an August/September delivery date? I expect you will be getting an ATX4 as I understand Kawai is by now rolling out ATX4 / Aures 2 models. I'm waiting on a K500 Aures delivery since January which has been pushed back a couple of times already, and I've been told I will be getting an Aures 2 instead by my piano dealer.

ATX4 / Aures 2 models are popping up here and there at online stores. I've not been able to find any specs yet, but I assume they will be updated with the digital parts of the CA79/CA99 line.

Stax #3138261 07/17/21 12:50 PM
L
L
Minoch can you mention some of those online stores please

Thanks a lot

Stax #3138297 07/17/21 02:12 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Monoch: Will Stax answer? He hasn't posted in this thread in three months. He only posted once after that in a different forum ... eleven weeks ago. And he hasn't been online in ten weeks.

Stax #3138369 07/17/21 05:05 PM
B
B
Its just one google away 😁

https://dcpianos.com/products/kawai-k200-atx3-anytime-silent-piano/

https://www.lepthien.de/products/klavier-kawai-k-300-atx3 (link says atx3 but title on page says atx4 so probably just updated them same product page)

https://www.lepthien.de/products/klavier-kawai-k-300-aures

Stax #3138804 07/19/21 04:00 AM
M
Online Content
M
@MacMacMac: Possibly not, anyway I thought it was worth a try, maybe Stax has notifications on and could be "lured" back to the forum.

Stax #3138805 07/19/21 04:05 AM
M
Online Content
M
@Boboulous: yes I noticed that as well, product titles have changed but the specs/details have not been updated. So looks like it is already in the (automated) catalog systems, but since Kawai hasn't announced them yet probably there is no other material available.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice For Digital Piano for Keyboard Player
by BennyY - 08/01/21 07:11 AM
Recital #63 - Call for Submissions
by Sam S - 08/01/21 05:58 AM
Under-piano pedal wood replacement
by Js367 - 08/01/21 01:25 AM
Everett upright Regulation
by wenhen90 - 07/31/21 06:57 PM
Marx
by dolce sfogato - 07/31/21 04:05 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,312
Posts3,118,026
Members102,295
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission