2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
40 members (DPPianoPhil, ando, CyberGene, accordeur, anotherscott, Dore, BlakeOR, AWilley, 7 invisible), 429 guests, and 596 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
Just pulled the trigger on the ES920 but I wanted a portable stand. So far this one appeals to me: König & Meyer K&M Keyboard Table Style-Piano Music Stand (18953)
[Linked Image]

Looks like the ES920 is larger than the stand. Anyone have any experience with this stand? Any suggestions?

TIYA

Edward

T
T
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ZStd--on-stage-stands-ks7350-pro-heavy-duty-z-stand

I have had this one an one you showed for myself. I prefer the Z above as there is little movement—an more room under -not sure if gator or Atlas has any but stronger .
My Kawai weighs only like 26 lbs.
keep your parts list

C
C
I use one of these T-stands for my ES8 and my ES520. Stable as a rock. And sometimes I play at jams in people's back yards these days, so being able to lengthen some legs makes it level on rough ground. I have an un-branded Z stand that I got with the ES520, but it's not as solid. It rocks side to side.

Rodney Sauer
Kawai KG-2E • Kawai ES8
I own the OnStage KS7350 that Terrilyn referenced, and I really like it. It would easily support the ES920, and it's half the price of the K&M stand you're looking at.

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
P
P
I have an onstage z stand a good value and it will hold that weight but I disliked the cross brace but I used it for a long time.

It’s nice if you stand.

I have a k&m omega stand that has a clear middle, the k&m stand you had in that post looks like a good design.

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
I've owned the stand ColoRodney links to for MANY years, with numerous keyboards including a heavy Kawai MP9000. It's very flexible in terms of accommodating different sizes and weights, it folds up easily if you ever need to, and it's VERY stable.

Edward - I should also add that I recall numerous posts over the years by owners of the stand you're considering. VERY positive posts, with emphasis on its stability.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by egarner01
Just pulled the trigger on the ES920 but I wanted a portable stand. So far this one appeals to me: König & Meyer K&M Keyboard Table Style-Piano Music Stand (18953)
[Linked Image]

Looks like the ES920 is larger than the stand. Anyone have any experience with this stand? Any suggestions?

I typically recommend the slightly deeper K&M 18950 for heavy, wooden key Kawai instruments such as the MP11SE and VPC1, however for smaller plastic key instruments such as the MP7SE and ES920/ES520, the 18953 should be absolutely fine.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks to you all for the quick reply. Here is your reward:

One rainy day, a puddle had formed in front of the local pub.

An old man stood beside the puddle holding a stick with a string on the end and was jiggling it up and down in the water. A curious gentleman asked what he was doing.

“Fishing,” replied the old man.

“Poor old fool,” thought the gentleman. So he invited the old man to have a drink in the pub.

Feeling he should start some conversation while they were sipping their whisky, the gentleman asked “And how many have you caught”

“You’re the eighth.”

E
OP Offline
E
FYI: Amazon has the König & Meyer K&M Keyboard Table Style-Piano Music Stand (18953) for $181.14 (back-ordered). That price is over $58 cheaper than other places.

At Thomann it's $116.53

KAWAI MP7; K&M 18953; Wenger Preface Conductor's Stand
PreSonus Eris E8; Ultimate Support MS-100B; K&M 16085 Headphone holder
iPad Pro 12.9" (2017), forScore, Sibelius 7.5 (PC), Apple Pencil, PageFlip Firefly, AirTurn PEDpro
K&M 12295; Gator GKC 88 | My photos
Amazon also has the KS7350, for 68 bucks, available now. One in the hand is worth any number of backordered items shipping from the UK at an unknown time in the future! smile

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just watch out and don't get bitten. I wish these type of stands had mechanisms to lock them closed when moving. I know, and have used bungies, etc., but all these stand companies could engineer a fix.

AG N2 | ES 110 | REFACE CP | GK MK & MP amps
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I've had this one (Griffin two tier stand) for a couple of weeks, and it is very good. It doesn't move when playing. And, it has a lot of leg room below. And, the center legs work as a nice backstop for the wood board that keeps my VPC1 3 pedal unit from moving.

There is a similar one on Amazon from Pyle. But, I don't think it is as good, as the 90 degree bend of the legs is a bolted connection, whereas the Griffin is welded at that point.

I do not use the upper tier. But, the rail that holds the upper tier is very strong and provides a solid base for the swing arm for my 22 inch computer monitor.

I'm very happy with this purchase.

Oh, the Amazon vermin now show me a price of $109 because I've looked at it numerous times. But, if you look at it for the first time, it might show you a price of $98, which is the price I paid for it.

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
Ralph, I looked at the stand on Amazon, and the price was $109.95. It's being offered for sale by a third party, not Amazon itself, so the price will change, depending on who is actually selling the item.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Kawai James
I typically recommend the slightly deeper K&M 18950 for heavy, wooden key Kawai instruments such as the MP11SE and VPC1, however for smaller plastic key instruments such as the MP7SE and ES920/ES520, the 18953 should be absolutely fine.

Kind regards,
James
x

Why Kawai isn't making a stand that fits its portable keyboards? Two models one portable and one for home/studio. Shouldn't be that difficult to design and manufacture it.

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
N
N
Yes, it would be nice if manufacturers would offer aesthetically appealing portable stands for their portable pianos. I do not understand what is the point of selling non-portable stands for portable pianos. Korg make a nice stand (albeit perhaps not very practical?) for their D1 but for ES110, ES520, ES920, FP-30X, FP-60X, FP-90X, etc. one has to rely on ugly third-party stands. Not very inspiring ...

C
C
Originally Posted by nbpf
Yes, it would be nice if manufacturers would offer aesthetically appealing portable stands for their portable pianos. I do not understand what is the point of selling non-portable stands for portable pianos. Korg make a nice stand (albeit perhaps not very practical?) for their D1 but for ES110, ES520, ES920, FP-30X, FP-60X, FP-90X, etc. one has to rely on ugly third-party stands. Not very inspiring ...

Well, to Kawai's credit, they make very nice furniture-style stands. And portable stands are a matter of personal preference, so buy the one you like.

That said, nothing beats the mid-mod Korg STWL stand for the SV-2.If I get an SV2, I'm going to want that stand (if I can even find one in the U.S.).

[Linked Image]

Rodney Sauer
Kawai KG-2E • Kawai ES8
N
N
Sure but my point was why do Kawai (and Roland) make non-portable stands for portable pianos? That does not make any sense to me. I am going to buy a small portable piano for when I go to a holiday cottage but I am not going to buy one with a non-portable stand! The Korg STWL also fits the D1, something like that for the Kawai ES series or for the Roland FP series would be perfect.

P
P
Roland makes 4 portable stands

Ks 10
Ks 12
Ks 20
Ks g8b

N
N
Originally Posted by Purdy
Roland makes 4 portable stands

Ks 10
Ks 12
Ks 20
Ks g8b

True but they are general purpose stands like the K&Ms, not custom stands for their FP devices like the KSC-70 for the FP-30(X).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The real pop book v3?
by Sebs - 05/05/21 10:35 PM
1997 Young Chang G Model
by texasheat - 05/05/21 10:10 PM
An embarassing first piano lesson
by total_beginner - 05/05/21 05:56 PM
Grand piano geometry question
by TTWK - 05/05/21 05:48 PM
Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition 2021
by AndresVel - 05/05/21 04:44 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,738
Posts3,090,209
Members101,421
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission