2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, 12 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3099346 03/29/21 12:28 PM
D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
Nothing really revealing, but high production value at least.

Last edited by dhull100; 03/29/21 12:28 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
A terrific video like all of the Fazioli videos. Notice how they didn't tip the piano on the lyre but instead used a special device to support it while the third leg was being attached. Of course, the unboxing is staged since it would never really occur in the factory.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I enjoyed the video and Mr. Kuyvenhoven's enthusiasm. But, who wouldn't be enthusiastic about such a piano!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
I guess they're not allowed to reveal any trade secrets, it really doesn't say much.

F
F
This video made me think if both Steinway and Fazioli are sold same price (similar size), would you take Fazioli or Steinway?

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
At the same price, we could either go by sound preference, or if one can claim some technological advantage, that'd help the decision.

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Thank you dhull100 , a really wonderful video about a wonderful piano ! I have only ever heard a Fazioli played so I have never tried one., So perhaps one day....?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by fibbi
This video made me think if both Steinway and Fazioli are sold same price (similar size), would you take Fazioli or Steinway?
Unless someone can show me why they sound and play better than a piano like a Shigeru Kawai or an M&H, and not simply "different," I don't think I could ever justify the price difference even if I could afford it.

But, nice video. smile

Main battle axe: Yamaha N1
Living room axe: 1999 Petrof III
Road axe: Yamaha P515
Office axe: 1927 Kurtzmann upright
Neighbor's axe that used to be my axe: Kawai GL10
R.I.P. axe: Kawai MP11SE
Originally Posted by Emery Wang
Originally Posted by fibbi
Unless someone can show me why they sound and play better than a piano like a Shigeru Kawai or an M&H, and not simply "different," I don't think I could ever justify the price difference even if I could afford it.

But, nice video. smile
I own a 15 year old Mason BB. It is a very good piano but I don't think its tone, touch, finish, workmanship comes close to a Fazioli of the same size. Since evaluation of tone and to some extent touch involves personal preference, I don't think it's possible to show someone that one piano is superior to another. I do think M&H and Shigeru are excellent values in their price range.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Until we all get a chance to try dozens of samples, a lot of this comes down to marketing. It is a fact that a lot of great pianists have sounded great on Steinways. A very few (albeit a special few) have sounded great on Faziolis. M&S and Shigeru have yet to make that sort of impression, as much as they may be generally respected.

Originally Posted by Maestro Lennie
Until we all get a chance to try dozens of samples, a lot of this comes down to marketing. It is a fact that a lot of great pianists have sounded great on Steinways. A very few (albeit a special few) have sounded great on Faziolis. M&S and Shigeru have yet to make that sort of impression, as much as they may be generally respected.
Fazioli is quite popular among pianists at high level competitions. Only a small number of great pianists regularly play a Fazioli, but a much larger number have played a Fazioli on occasion.

I don't think a lot of great pianists have to sound great on a piano to know the piano is a great piano. Nor do I think one would have to play "dozens of samples" to know a particular maker is great.

Shigeru has had some presence at high level competitions and a PW member, Can Cakmur, recently won the Hammamatsu Competition playing a Shigeru,

M&H, as far as I know, has no presence at competitions, a very few classical pianists on its roster.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 03/29/21 07:51 PM.
L
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
L
It's just an add paid for by Fazioli, off course it is the best piano in the world.

Any piano maker could hire this guy and he could pull this off.

Beautiful piano in looks and sound department but so are many other top tier pianos.

I look at this the same way as any of the many factory tour videos that are floating around you tube.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
I own a 15 year old Mason BB. It is a very good piano but I don't think its tone, touch, finish, workmanship comes close to a Fazioli of the same size. Since evaluation of tone and to some extent touch involves personal preference, I don't think it's possible to show someone that one piano is superior to another. I do think M&H and Shigeru are excellent values in their price range.

Pianolover, is your Mason of the pre-WNG variety? If so, have you tried the latest generation of Masons, and what do you think? My impression was that they are as good as any other pianos out there, but I don't have much experience with them.

Main battle axe: Yamaha N1
Living room axe: 1999 Petrof III
Road axe: Yamaha P515
Office axe: 1927 Kurtzmann upright
Neighbor's axe that used to be my axe: Kawai GL10
R.I.P. axe: Kawai MP11SE
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
When I did piano shopping a few months ago, I tried two brand new M&H grands.

I found a lot of variances between M&H pianos. The store only has a 5'4 Model B and a 5'8 Model A. It's weird that I even like the Model B better than the Model A. That particular Model A was just too mellow. The owner of the store also agreed with me.

The best M&H I've played was a rebuilt pre-WW2 AA.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
I enjoyed That - Thanks for posting dhull!

~Lucubrate

Bösendorfer 280VC
Steingraeber 130

“First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.“ ~Epictetus
N
N
what is the music being played at the start of the video?

Originally Posted by Learux
It's just an add paid for by Fazioli, off course it is the best piano in the world.

Any piano maker could hire this guy and he could pull this off.

Beautiful piano in looks and sound department but so are many other top tier pianos.

I look at this the same way as any of the many factory tour videos that are floating around you tube.
Of course its an ad. There was no attempt to imply anything else.

Pianolover, is your Mason of the pre-WNG variety? If so, have you tried the latest generation of Masons, and what do you think? My impression was that they are as good as any other pianos out there, but I don't have much experience with them.
My Mason is pre WNG but that doesn't change my opinion of how M&H compares to Fazioli. The slight improvement in consistency one gets with WNG is something I think only the highest level concert pianist might feel and nowhere near as important as the piano's regulation. My piano is nicer than the ones most people have but I don't think it can compare to a Fazioli. I have lots of experience with Masons.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H

My Mason is pre WNG but that doesn't change my opinion of how M&H compares to Fazioli. The slight improvement in consistency one gets with WNG is something I think only the highest level concert pianist might feel and nowhere near as important as the piano's regulation. My piano is nicer than the ones most people have but I don't think it can compare to a Fazioli. I have lots of experience with Masons.

I'm sure Mason has great potentials. Maybe the "fit and finish" of the European pianos out of the factory are just a bit better, but if being voiced and regulated well, a good Mason really is a dream!

Last edited by Harpuia; 03/30/21 11:25 AM.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
L
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
L
[/quote]Of course its an ad. There was no attempt to imply anything else.[/quote]

I am beginning to understand what other forum members have been posting about you.

You always this confrontational?

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission