2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
69 members (Bill McKaig,RPT, alexii, Adem, anotherscott, 36251, Bill McClellan, 11 invisible), 977 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3099121 03/28/21 10:46 PM
B
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
B
The video below might upset some, I apologize for that. So I broke up the URL. You can piece it together.

How did I find this video? My girlfriend is Korean and so this popped up into my feed. I've been watching a video of certain Korean piece I've been learning. Anyway, Lola, there is a new kid in town ...

We watched another video of hers, my girlfriend had to translate for me, in which see answers questions from subscribers. The woman seems to be a no nonsense kind of gal. She's asked why she dresses like that. And her response is, "Because you won't watch otherwise. If you don't like what you see, stop watching!"

Anyway, enjoy ;0 Her YouTube name is Leezy .. searched for it here, no mention! First time? She seems to play well, you can check out the other videos.

https://www <DOT> youtube <DOT> com/watch?v=WcNs6NzO6Zo

Last edited by bSharp(C)yclist; 03/28/21 10:46 PM.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
She’s been popping up in my feed too. I showed my husband just to get a reaction from him. I couldn’t stop laughing. Don’t know why.

I find it extremely sad that a talented young musician needs to do that to get views. That’s the world we live in. The comments are what I’d expect at a strip joint. But at least she’s got a gimmick that seems to work.

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 03/28/21 10:54 PM.

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
well that was different

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
What kind of piano is she playing?

/ShiroKuroAskingTheImportantQuestions

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro

A digital of some sort.

Me answering the important question of course. wink

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 03/28/21 11:09 PM.

Kawai K-500
E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Wait she was playing a piano 😉

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
The woman seems to be a no nonsense kind of gal. She's asked why she dresses like that. And her response is, "Because you won't watch otherwise. If you don't like what you see, stop watching!"
But now they are watching just because she is dressed sexy not because of her talent. That is typical attention-craving of the millenial generation.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
I find it extremely sad that a talented young musician needs to do that to get views. That’s the world we live in.
Talented musicians don't NEED to do that. From a musical point of view she is not doing anything particularly remarkable so she decided to undress in order to grab attention. That is more reflective of her than the society we live in.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That was a musical performance stripped down to the bare necessities. Is that what they call "minimalism"?

Incidentally, the musical niche she seems to be occupying is going to be very crowded with deep fakes in the not-so-distant future.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
"You Gotta Have a Gimmick"
If you wanna bump it, bump it with a trumpet...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Call me old fashioned but I value much more what is left to the imagination. I am looking at the "Instantly charming pieces" and some videos have women dressed in good taste playing the piano that draw my attention much more than that girl (I watched the video just enough to understand what the OP meant), being naturaly sexy without being vulgar (IMO Lola is the latter, at least in the very few videos that I bothered to watch a few seconds of).

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by EVC2017
Call me old fashioned but I value much more what is left to the imagination. I am looking at the "Instantly charming pieces" and some videos have women dressed in good taste playing the piano that draw my attention much more than that girl (I watched the video just enough to understand what the OP meant), being naturaly sexy without being vulgar (IMO Lola is the latter, at least in the very few videos that I bothered to watch a few seconds of).

I have also chosen not to watch this type of video. Wonder if these pianists would be considered talented if the listener closed his eyes?

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Talent and competence are two distinct things. The former is rarer. IMO, from the few seconds I bothered to watch, Lola is competent, technically speaking. But probably not talented enough to outstand as a performer so she chose exploring her physique to draw more attention, with a reasonable success, we have to admit. At least until a new Lola (or several new Lolas) appear.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
B
B
Why shouldn't classical performers get in on the act, with the advent of social media and YT?

After all, pop performers (not just of the fairer and stronger sex - doesn't anyone recall the weaker sex baring their hairy chests (and more) to the delighted braying from their appreciative audiences in lots of pop videos over decades?) have been doing it ever since videos were invented. Some were even X-rated.

I'm more than old enough to remember the glamorous Eileen Joyce (who played in Rach 2 in Brief Encounter), who enjoyed and exploited the glamour of celebrity. She changed her evening gowns to suit the music she was playing: blue for Beethoven, red for Tchaikovsky, lilac for Liszt, black for Bach, green for Chopin, sequins for Debussy, and red and gold for Schumann. She also arranged her hair differently depending on the composer – up for Beethoven, falling free for Grieg and Debussy, and drawn back for Mozart. The critics sneered, but her audiences loved it. (Wiki)

And that's more than any pianist does today (I mean changing your outfit several times in a concert to suit the composer). Of course, she could also play (unlike some of today's glamorous performers):

Personally, if I had the right anatomy, I'd wear psychedelic (and dye my hair similarly) for my performances of Scriabin too, as well as baring irrelevant bits of myself wink ........

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
B
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
That was a musical performance stripped down to the bare necessities. Is that what they call "minimalism"?

Incidentally, the musical niche she seems to be occupying is going to be very crowded with deep fakes in the not-so-distant future.

I tried doing that with my GAN project, but didn't' succeed laugh But I did learn a lot about GANs!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

I tried doing that with my GAN project, but didn't' succeed laugh But I did learn a lot about GANs!

You probably just need a faster GPU. smile

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member

A digital of some sort.

Sorry, I knew it was a digital, and it's a Yamaha, but I was wondering if it was a high-end digital, or a hybrid, etc....

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Ah, remember the old days when talent was just...well, talent? This guy would have still marveled playing in his pajamas and an old pair of sneakers.

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W

A digital of some sort.

Sorry, I knew it was a digital, and it's a Yamaha, but I was wondering if it was a high-end digital, or a hybrid, etc....

Haha, I thought you were being facetious when you asked the question so I provided an equally facetious answer. I didn’t think you were being serious.

Kawai K-500
C
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
C

Possibly a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-635, so mid range digital. Not a hybrid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Disklavier MKII : replace power supply?
by carlspost - 05/26/22 03:33 PM
Sight reading progress
by BlizzardPiano - 05/26/22 03:18 PM
13th Piano Composition Competition Fidelio (Extended!!)
by harmonium53 - 05/26/22 01:20 PM
Is Music Right For You?
by FrankCox - 05/26/22 12:33 PM
Video on avoiding tension at the piano...
by thepianoplayer416 - 05/26/22 11:57 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,251
Posts3,194,707
Members105,376
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission