2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (36251, Augustina, APianistHasNoName, accordeur, Bostonmoores, danno858, c++, anotherscott, Coda9, 6 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 199 of 226 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 225 226
W
W
Originally Posted by tim1987
I'm going into week 14 of my wait here in the UK. I was told that it would be here provisionally by February/March but now if it got here by April it would be good by the sounds of it.

There is an ex demo one for sale here in the UK but not sure if it's a great price when compared to a brand new N1X, only about £250 less than a brand new N1X.

That's not bad deal for floor model. Mine was floor model as well and they took $250 (CAD) off

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
I was told that I had to wait for 6 months on back order. As I had to sell off my previous DP to afford for an N1X, I couldn't possibly go half a year without a piano at home. Decided to take the floor model at $1300 off. It was as good as new, and still is now, 7 months on.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It puzzles me when I read about $250 off or $1300 off. Off of what?

Or to put it another way, how many dollars "on"?

T
T
I've seen that there's a delivery charge on the ex demo N1X and then I would have to self assemble it whereas what I currently have on order is delivered and setup for me for "free." I think I'll have to try to be patient and hold on for however long it will take.

Last edited by tim1987; 03/25/21 05:34 PM.
Regarding delivery charge ... I never pay it. Instead I make an all in offer ... one price that's all inclusive.

I don't itemize delivery, assembly, or tax. I let the dealer do that.

This way it's easy to compare deals with multiple sellers. Because it's only the total price that counts, right?

V
V
Word around the camp fire is my piano is stuck in the Suez Canal...

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Current Piece - Chopin Nocturne Op.72 No.1
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by VicPinto
Word around the camp fire is my piano is stuck in the Suez Canal...

Yes, and you’re gonna have to pay $2,000 more for that. I don’t make up the rules; “if it’s backed up you have to pay up” (more) because according to Gombessa this is a very complex process involving logistics and other fancy terms leading to shortages.

Why on earth do we have to pay for their ‘shortcomings’? I believe it has to do with something called ‘supply and demand’; you know, they get high on their supply and we end up paying more for pent-up demand.

If Einstein had been into the art of shipping and distributing we would now have a much more fair and balanced system, but leave it to sailors and disheveled clerks, and this is what you end up with! smirk

W
W
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Regarding delivery charge ... I never pay it. Instead I make an all in offer ... one price that's all inclusive.

I don't itemize delivery, assembly, or tax. I let the dealer do that.

This way it's easy to compare deals with multiple sellers. Because it's only the total price that counts, right?

Yeah its the final price that matters. $250 off floor model was AFTER the dealer already giving over $2k discount off MSRP, plus assembly/delivery/polishing/conditioning/taxes everything included.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
What do you mean by backed up ? (I know what is a backed up file... but not what is a backed up piano !)

I am not sure Einstein would have an (cheap) idea which would avoid the Suez Chanel issue. It is easy now to invent new rules (no navigation when too much wind, make the channel 3 times larger), but all of them have their shortcomings.

I have just checked, the N1X is no more expensive now than when I have ordered last November.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 03/26/21 01:13 PM.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Frederic, I mean stuck, delayed, purposefully hidden in a warehouse, etc.. when I say ‘backed up’.

And regarding Einstein, I have one word for you: wormhole! (Or is that two words)?

Imagine quasi-instant transportation from one end of the world to the other; no need for canals, and/or weather reports; “storm ahead, I repeat, tuck under or take a leap”.

Yes, Einstein got stuck on the math, but had he lived another decade and wormholes might just have come to be.

“Now I’m here, now I’m there; Now he sings, now he sobs.”

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wormholes are too hard to control. I wouldn’t want my piano to be shipped in an other galaxy because an ussue with the control smile

If the order is signed, the price is fixed... then no added cost for the backup up.

If - for whatever reason - shipping a good is made more expensive, it is natural that the price is increased. The purpose of a company is to get earnings (which is shared between the stakeholders or reinvested in order to make some other goods like a N1Y smile...) it is up to competitors to avoid a too high margin. (But if they have the same shipping issue, that wouldn’t help).

Last edited by Frédéric L; 03/26/21 02:04 PM.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
But if Einstein managed to create wormhole travel would be still playing pianos?

I'm sure other worlds have way more interesting instruments for us to play wink

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
S
S
Originally Posted by EPW

I reserve myself the right to be highly sceptical regarding this particular conjecture 😂

E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by srslysupersonic
Originally Posted by EPW

I reserve myself the right to be highly sceptical regarding this particular conjecture 😂

Hey think of the Star War Cantina Scene. I sure there will be a piano type instrument to get you all excited with its 28 tone scale LOL

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Returning to topics that I can understand.

Has any N1X user used a separate subwoofer to clean or extract max out of the bass tones of this instrument? Is it necessary? If not, will it still help/matter in any way?

I have a Yamaha HS8S which I originally bought for use with VSTs. I did use it, but I never spent enough time to configure it properly. If it will help 'complete' the sounds of the N1X in any way, I'll keep it or else I'll sell.

Last edited by mmathew; 03/26/21 02:40 PM.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
The N1X speakers are 8 cm x 3 + 13 cm x 2 + 16 cm x 1. (With 30W per speaker).

Then you have 6.3” little woofer... smaller than the HS7 (7”), but bigger than the HS5 (5”).

It does the job for my ears, but I haven’t compared with a HS8. The bandwidth of HS5 and HS7 start at 54Hz and 43Hz... the N1X should be in between. (The numbers are more likely at -10dB).

Piano sound doesn’t have strong low frequency partials. If you play a C1, the first partial is 1% of the whole sound power (-20dB), you start to hear the second at 65Hz. Upper than the beginning of a little HS5 bandwidth but not with an high margin.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 03/26/21 03:09 PM.

R
R
Totally offtopic, sorry, got triggered by the Star Wars Cantina remark by EPW:

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
For those who use Garritan with your N1X, what velocity curve settings are you using with it?

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I use the default touch curves of both.

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Am I wrong in thinking that on the N1X, which has the Grand Piano action, I don't really need to adjust the touch curve, so as to make the keys feel like they would on an AG?

Now, the sound the instrument produces with the default curve may not be to my liking, so I need to do some adjustments, but would I need to start with touch curve? Why not experiment with brightness first? In the case of VSTs, I'd probably need to play with the touch curve on the VST settings rather than instrument.

Am I way off or missing something fundamental?

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
Page 199 of 226 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 225 226

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ten greatest Chopin works
by pianoloverus - 07/24/21 08:34 PM
KORG DS-1H pedal issues with Korg D1
by Mta88 - 07/24/21 04:28 PM
What is this musical symbol?
by pianoloverus - 07/24/21 02:55 PM
I Want To Be Happy
by Simon_b - 07/24/21 02:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,192
Posts3,116,054
Members102,225
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission