2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
51 members (barbaram, beeboss, Anglagard44, Calavera, Dave Horne, clothearednincompo, CraiginNZ, 8opus, 12 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 487 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 198 of 227 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 226 227
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The situation here is similar ...
Originally Posted by VicPinto
Got a call from my dealer today. ETA for my N1X is April/May time frame.
I can't expect to get a good deal when there are no pianos in stock. So I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll be buying a piano this year. frown

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
The piano situation is really not in your favor right now, Mac.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
I can't expect to get a good deal when there are no pianos in stock. So I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll be buying a piano this year. frown

Is a "good deal" on an N1X really worth waiting a year?

What would be the difference in price between a good deal next year and a deal this year? Is saving $500 worth waiting a year?

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Duane Shinn - 52 Week Crash Course - Completed
Duane Shinn - Praise and Gospel Course - In Progress
Greg Howlett - Inspirational Improvisation - In Progress
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by David B
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

Is a "good deal" on an N1X really worth waiting a year?

What would be the difference in price between a good deal next year and a deal this year? Is saving $500 worth waiting a year?

God Bless,
David

In my case at least, it is, since I have a DP that I can still practice on, without losing time. I don't believe I'll hurt my technique too bad if I am not practicing on a hybrid till I can get a good deal on one.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I'm probably a spoiled kid (well, we were very poor, so not sure where it's coming from, maybe as a grown up I am compensating for being poor as a kid) but I never wait for anything, even if it's unpractical and is very expensive 🤣 The pleasure of acquiring new things is priceless! Consumerism at its best, I know. OTOH, I can die any moment: car crash, cancer, COVID and whatnot, so I better live my life with all the pleasures now.

Last edited by CyberGene; 03/24/21 07:10 AM.

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CyberGene
I'm probably a spoiled kid (well, we were very poor, so not sure where it's coming from, maybe as a grown up I am compensating for being poor as a kid) but I never wait for anything, even if it's unpractical and is very expensive 🤣 The pleasure of acquiring new things is priceless! Consumerism at its best, I know. OTOH, I can die any moment: car crash, cancer, COVID and whatnot, so I better live my life with all the pleasures now.

I hear you CG and my situation is very similar, and I have in fact done the exact same thing re:
- Cameras: I bought a Nikon D5 on impulse.
- My first DP - I bought a Korg Grandstage, again on impulse, without proper research.
- My first car even

I grew up poor, then I lived well in a country that went to war, returned poor, and now I am here, so I do want things NOW and I would have bought a hybrid if I didn't have a good DP. The question I am asking myself now is what next? OK, now I have a hybrid, will I be looking for more? Consumerism?

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
V
V
Nothing is stopping you Mac from "buying a piano this year". I did. Just don't expect immediate delivery.

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Current Piece - Chopin Nocturne Op.72 No.1
S
S
Originally Posted by mmathew
The question I am asking myself now is what next?

I'd suggest a mint M6 + Summicron 50mm APO and a huge batch of Fuji Acros.

D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
... OTOH, I can die any moment: car crash, cancer, COVID and whatnot, so I better live my life with all the pleasures now.

As a pastor (for over 20 years), I've had to officiate way more funerals than weddings. The older I get the more I'm reminded how fragile life is. When it comes to my happiness and the happiness of others, I try never to wait until tomorrow to do that which can be done today.

God bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by srslysupersonic
Originally Posted by mmathew
The question I am asking myself now is what next?

I'd suggest a mint M6 + Summicron 50mm APO and a huge batch of Fuji Acros.
LOL

Originally Posted by David B
As a pastor (for over 20 years), I've had to officiate way more funerals than weddings. The older I get the more I'm reminded how fragile life is. When it comes to my happiness and the happiness of others, I try never to wait until tomorrow to do that which can be done today.
Sad but true 😞

W
W

I'm the reverse. I like the anticipation, the research, and the hunt for good deals. I'm at a stage in life where the $ doesn't have much meaning so if I just buy whatever and whenever I wanted I find my emotions are flatlined and I don't really treasure the purchase. I don't care for materialistic things much, but I do miss the feeling of being a kid where you saved $ for a long time to buy a video card and when you finally get it it's like the best feeling in the world.

S
S
Most problems and big questions in life have a simple and easy answer: surfing.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
woppa, I agree, what you say is true to a certain degree, or maybe completely smile However I can't change anymore. As I said, it's a psychological thing but the thought that I have to wait for a better deal just (even though I have the money) makes me feel miserable. I have friends who constantly think how to save a few cents here, and a few there, yet they are not poor. Not that it's bad but like with many things in life it becomes an obsession and I hate to go out with those people because they tend to talk mostly about deals, savings and stuff and that is too boring smile

I rarely buy something without researching it though. What I mean is, I purchased the N1X the moment it appeared at Thomann and a few weeks later it was €500 off and well, that's not insignificant, yet I don't care laugh I have my dream instrument and had it as soon as possible and I knew it would be good already.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
At the end of the day, it boils down to what we value more - the cash, or the item smile

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H

I may have posted this in another thread but saw Richard Clayderman uploaded more videos of his playing on a Yamaha N1X!

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Harpuia
I may have posted this in another thread but saw Richard Clayderman uploaded more videos of his playing on a Yamaha N1X!

That was nice, but it was difficult for me to hear the piano clearly at times. I wonder how he recorded it?

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
R
R
@David B: My guess is that he :
1) feeds the line-out of his piano into the mixer which you can sometimes see behind his head (most clear at 1:35).
2) feeds the line-out of his audio setup into the mixer - Right before he starts playing at around 1:16 you can see him turn on the music.
3) hear the music through the monitors of both piano/audio and use output of mixer to record on pc or recorder/whatnot

btw: Can you guys shed some light on why you bought the N1X and not the NV10? Or maybe even NV5? I've tried them all, but still cannot choose (also have the CA99 still on the shortlist). Appreciate the sound & quality no hassle approach of the N1X. Action is different, might like NV10 slightly more - but have some concerns on Kawai quality control/longevity.

W
W
Originally Posted by rmnd
btw: Can you guys shed some light on why you bought the N1X and not the NV10? Or maybe even NV5? I've tried them all, but still cannot choose (also have the CA99 still on the shortlist). Appreciate the sound & quality no hassle approach of the N1X. Action is different, might like NV10 slightly more - but have some concerns on Kawai quality control/longevity.

I chose the N1X because the store didn't carry NV10 =) N1X has a 5-yr warranty so that's pretty sick. My unit had a creaking pedal, got a brand new unit straight from Japan, they sent a technician over and got it replaced under warranty.

But really, it's down to personal preference, if you've tried them both then get the one that you want, I don't think you'll be unsatisfied with either.

D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by rmnd
@David B: My guess is that he :
1) feeds the line-out of his piano into the mixer which you can sometimes see behind his head (most clear at 1:35).
2) feeds the line-out of his audio setup into the mixer - Right before he starts playing at around 1:16 you can see him turn on the music.
3) hear the music through the monitors of both piano/audio and use output of mixer to record on pc or recorder/whatnot

That's pretty impressive. I didn't observe any of that. It wasn't until you pointed everything out that it all makes sense now. Thanks for sharing.

I tried both the N1X and NV10 and chose the N1X for the following reasons (not in any particular order).

1. Price (N1X less expensive)
2. Action (felt better on the N1X. Ironically, it felt more like the Kawai acoustics I'm used to playing)
3. Onboard audio interface (This is one of my favorite features. I use it regularly. NV10 didn't play nice with my computer, i.e., Buzz)

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
T
T
I'm going into week 14 of my wait here in the UK. I was told that it would be here provisionally by February/March but now if it got here by April it would be good by the sounds of it.

There is an ex demo one for sale here in the UK but not sure if it's a great price when compared to a brand new N1X, only about £250 less than a brand new N1X.

Page 198 of 227 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 226 227

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital #63 - Call for Submissions
by Sam S - 08/01/21 05:58 AM
Under-piano pedal wood replacement
by Js367 - 08/01/21 01:25 AM
Everett upright Regulation
by wenhen90 - 07/31/21 06:57 PM
Marx
by dolce sfogato - 07/31/21 04:05 PM
Self-teaching and looking for good exercises
by TORaptors2019 - 07/31/21 03:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,311
Posts3,118,013
Members102,295
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission