2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
77 members (Andrew_G, Bostonmoores, Anil Kalagatla, antune, 36251, A. Lucato, APianistHasNoName, Augustina, 22 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 595 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L

F
fibbi Offline OP
OP Offline
F
So my piano shopping continues...
And last weekend there are 2 YUS5 new and also I was checking the record of the in-store YUS5 (like how long it's been in the store, tuning interval etc.)

To my surprise, today when I try to pay for deposit, but just to find out that the two YUS5 new are sold! The in-store Sauter 130 is also sold! Are you kidding me??
I know it's spring break and there are some promotion going on..but come on...those are $20K $30K item!!

Last edited by fibbi; 03/20/21 08:56 PM.
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Yikes, sorry to hear that! That's very disappointing... I hope this situation ends up being a blessing in disguise when you find your piano!

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by fibbi
And last weekend there are 2 YUS5 new and also I was checking the record of the in-store YUS5 (like how long it's been in the store, tuning interval etc.)

To my surprise, today when I try to pay for deposit, but just to find out that the two YUS5 new are sold! The in-store Sauter 130 is also sold! Are you kidding me??
I know it's spring break and there are some promotion going on..but come on...those are $20K $30K item!!

I guess I’m glad I took the deal on a DYUS5 when it was offered to me. Sometimes, you have a good deal.

People have cash, and $20k-30k is not that much money, to be honest. The pandemic had people putting down all cash offers on houses seen once on Zoom calls. I heard of people buying with $900k cash.

With long lead times to ship goods because of huge demand in the shipping industry, there isn’t a lot of piano inventory and what is there is selling. People are still locked down in their homes and looking for things to do.

As they say, you snooze, you lose.

Last edited by LarryK; 03/20/21 10:24 PM.
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L

Yes I believe you. I am not sure of the selling price of the Sauter 130., but it sounded very reasonable .I know of two 130's sold in 3years.
The YUS5 is very nice , you should be very happy with it.

K
K
I can believe it since when I was piano shopping last year, vast majority of pianos we have considered were flying off the shelves, sometimes before we had a chance to visit the store. But I’m sure there is alway another piano that comes up for sale that are just as satisfying.

H
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
H
Is the U1 still available?

Maybe you should just get that U1.

It was your first choice in the beginning.

Last edited by Hakki; 03/21/21 01:12 AM.
F
fibbi Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Hakki

But once I tried the U3 or YUS5...really....I took U1 off the list. I am not saying U1 is bad, it's just that I know U3 or YUS5 would be much more satisfying...

Grand would be an ultimate dream but first thing is that I have to move. And my town is just one of the least affordable cities in NA, if not in the world! So moving would be few years (maybe 10) down the road.

Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member

But once I tried the U3 or YUS5...really....I took U1 off the list. I am not saying U1 is bad, it's just that I know U3 or YUS5 would be much more satisfying...

Grand would be an ultimate dream but first thing is that I have to move. And my town is just one of the least affordable cities in NA, if not in the world! So moving would be few years (maybe 10) down the road.

You really don’t want to buy a piano you know would be unsatisfying... just continue to have patience and you will find the right piano for you.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
H
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
H
You might also consider a Kawai K500 or K800 Upright.

They would probably be cheaper than a comparable Yamaha model.

Here

W
W
Someone listed a freshly tuned 2014 Schimmel Konzert K122 Tradition Upright Piano on ebay this Morning for under $8k. It looks like in excellent condition. You‘d have to arrange for a piano moving company to handle the move, and perhaps arrange a remote inspection by a technician but pending those variables, that’s a huge step up from the Japanese instruments you’re now falling back on because one German instrument didn’t work out.

Last edited by Windjammer; 03/21/21 07:30 PM.

"Ein Buch ist ein Spiegel, aus dem kein Apostel herausgucken kann, wenn ein Affe hineinguckt." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-1799)
F
fibbi Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Windjammer
Someone listed a freshly tuned 2014 Schimmel Konzert K122 Tradition Upright Piano on ebay this Morning for under $8k. It looks like in excellent condition. You‘d have to arrange for a piano moving company to handle the move, and perhaps arrange a remote inspection by a technician but pending those variables, that’s a huge step up from the Japanese instruments you’re now falling back on because one German instrument didn’t work out.

I didn't see that listing in both ebay.com or ebay.ca ? maybe it's gone already?

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
You might also consider a Kawai K500 or K800 Upright.

They would probably be cheaper than a comparable Yamaha model.

Here
That is a good store as well .You could phone and find out if they have the K500 or the K800.You could easily buy a
Sauter 130 from a different branch in Richmond, Coquitlam, Surrey or North Vancouver.(phone to find out, ask them to tune the piano)
Otherwise the store always has a YUS5 , so they will order one anyway. You could get them to set it up for you. Regarding the Schimmel Konzert on ebay. They are lovely pianos. Actually I have only tried one. If they are all as nice as the one I bought it would be worth it. I know Sauters are very consistent in what to expect, so probably the Schimmel Konzert series as well.
It would be something different to own a European piano with that kind of sound and action.
I have never bought anything on ebay though.

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
If you find a lovely sounding U3 in the dealer, that is a good piano., But if you have decided against that model then look at other pianos.

W
W

I didn't see that listing in both ebay.com or ebay.ca ? maybe it's gone already?

Link.

Last edited by Windjammer; 03/21/21 09:01 PM.

"Ein Buch ist ein Spiegel, aus dem kein Apostel herausgucken kann, wenn ein Affe hineinguckt." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-1799)
F
fibbi Offline OP
OP Offline
F

Link.

Thanks for the link, but doesn't ship to Canada... >_<

W
W

Link.

Thanks for the link, but doesn't ship to Canada... >_<

That seller won’t ship to a person a few blocks over in their own city, it’s pick up only, which means you’d have to arrange your own delivery company and handle taxes etc. The way it works is that you solicit three quotes from reputable movers with crossborder experience who carry a decent insurance. On top of arranging inspection up front.
That’s a lot of responsibility and paperwork on your end up front, let‘s say an additional 2k. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do that.

S
S
That seller won’t ship to a person a few blocks over in their own city, it’s pick up only, which means you’d have to arrange your own delivery company and handle taxes etc. The way it works is that you solicit three quotes from reputable movers with crossborder experience who carry a decent insurance. On top of arranging inspection up front.
That’s a lot of responsibility and paperwork on your end up front, let‘s say an additional 2k. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do that.

That seems like an awesome price. And it has exactly 0 bids yet?!

W
W
Yes, I would say it is an incredible price! It’s a 2014 model and in the Konzert line.

F
fibbi Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Ok update . Finally ! Done the paper work today ! Yus5 is coming some time next month !

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mini Master Class - Put a RING on it!
by Dfrankjazz - 07/25/21 01:59 PM
A phenomenal Gershwin pianist
by pianoloverus - 07/25/21 11:34 AM
Key Bushing with Leather
by Seeker - 07/25/21 10:55 AM
Piano Buddies pics from July Playdate
by Rickster - 07/25/21 10:04 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,198
Posts3,116,203
Members102,234
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission