2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 116 of 119 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 119
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Nice! thumb

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Hey fellow Einaudi fans, did you know there's a new podcast about Einaudi? IOW, not a music show where they just play his music (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but a podcast *about* him, here's what the trailer says:

Ludovico Einaudi’s music has long been a favourite for people in need of calm. Game of Thrones’ Joe Dempsie enlists the help of fans like Russell Crowe, Greg James, Leigh Bardugo and Shane Meadows, as well as musicians, scientists and wellbeing experts, to understand why his music has this incredible power.

It just started in January, it looks like there will be a new episode every other week. I've just started listening, but so far it's really good. Here's the link if you are an iOS user.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/experience-the-ludovico-einaudi-story/id1549522334

If you don't use any iOS devices, it's available through Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube etc., just google "Einaudi experience podcast."

I am thinking about Monica and how much she would have loved this. They could have interviewed her! Someone who's into statistics should analyze her posts here and her YT channel and figure out how many people she introduced to Einaudi's music!

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thank you!

Calm piano Spotify playlist: https://spoti.fi/3xSSflH & submit at https://spoti.fi/42zQV5I
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I'm so glad to see this! I needed a new podcast. I agree--I think Monica was measurably influential in spreading the word about Einaudi.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Estonia 168
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Thanks so much for that, ShiroKuro - you're right, Monica would have loved it.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I’ve listened to the first two episodes, it’s really interesting.

Someone in one of the episodes said about his music “it’s very difficult to make something so simple.”

And I think that’s very true. I can’t help but roll my eyes when an Einaudi denier says “I could write those pieces in my sleep.” Yes, then go right ahead and see how it goes. It’s clear that there’s something in Einaudi’s compositions that speak to people, that’s the complexity buried underneath the simplicity that I think is very hard, or impossible, to imitate.

Last edited by ShiroKuro; 02/13/21 08:57 AM.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I watched the movie "Nomadland" last night and thought that the score was beautiful, so I stayed tuned for the credits. Score by Ludovico Einaudi!

Estonia 168
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Oh no! The Ludovico Einaudi podcast is finished! The fourth episode was released yesterday and I just finished listening to it. It was wonderful. But I wanted it to go on forever!!!!

The fourth episode is the one where they interview maestro himself, it was really great to hear all the stories the hold up his work.

Also, as always, bittersweet, thinking about how much Monica would have loved this!

By the way, Nancy, I have read that Nomadland is sad or hard to watch, did you think so? I don't think I'm up for a sad movie right now!

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Hey fellow Einaudi fans, did you know there's a new podcast about Einaudi? IOW, not a music show where they just play his music (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but a podcast *about* him, here's what the trailer says:

Ludovico Einaudi’s music has long been a favourite for people in need of calm. Game of Thrones’ Joe Dempsie enlists the help of fans like Russell Crowe, Greg James, Leigh Bardugo and Shane Meadows, as well as musicians, scientists and wellbeing experts, to understand why his music has this incredible power.

It just started in January, it looks like there will be a new episode every other week. I've just started listening, but so far it's really good. Here's the link if you are an iOS user.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/experience-the-ludovico-einaudi-story/id1549522334

If you don't use any iOS devices, it's available through Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube etc., just google "Einaudi experience podcast."

I am thinking about Monica and how much she would have loved this. They could have interviewed her! Someone who's into statistics should analyze her posts here and her YT channel and figure out how many people she introduced to Einaudi's music!

I've got to check this out.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I've got to check this out.

It was really good. My only complaint is that it ended too soon!

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
N
N
Hi guys. New poster here after a long while lurking. To be honest, this is the only thread that I frequent lol. I absolutely adore Einaudi, this thread is truly amazing.

I need some help. I'm learning Indaco and I'm stuck on a particular part from 2min 29 to be exact. The notes seem simple enough but I can't get the rhythm of that part. I can play everything behind and in front of it, frustratingly.

I have been learning for over 10 years mainly by ear and youtube but lately I have been trying to teach myself sheet music. It's going well and have amassed quite a lengthy catalogue of mainly Ludo song's. I have learned some harder songs by far but this particular section has me pulling my hair out.

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful!

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Nad Aslam, welcome to PW! And more importantly, welcome to the Einaudi thread! laugh

That part is rhythmically quite compelling isn't!!

So, are you playing from the score then? I have the score because this is in the Islands scorebook (although I haven't played this before, some day I hope to play it with my friends who play violin and cello!)

If you can say which page (and then first line, second line), I can look at the score and maybe give you some ideas about how to approach it.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I am curious to listen to the answer(s). He changes from ternary to quaternary tempo, it sounds to me like he is only slowing down the last ternary measure.

It is a nice to listen tune BTW.

Last edited by EVC2017; 04/08/21 05:11 PM.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
N
N
Thanks Shiro for the warm welcome. It's so nice that I've found a place in which I can share my profound love for Ludovico. I only found this place a few months ago having been a fan of his for over a decade. In truth, watching one of his concerts live was my inspiration to start learning the piano at the tender age of 30. 10 years on and I am still inspired and captivated by his music. So I was so happy that there was a forum and this thread in particular in which my love for his music is shared by so many!

I'm only on page 180 so have a long way to go before I catch up but the amount of information and the wealth of talent is awesome. It's quite humbling truth be told. It's like a fountain of knowledge, I have so much to learn. Every page I turn, there is a piece of music I haven't heard or song I haven't tried yet and through your and others persistence, I have began.

Can I just apologise in advance if I don't use the correct music terminology, I haven't had any formal music teaching.

Okay, so I'm playing pieces at grade 5-6 but my theory is still at 2-3, so whilst I do use the scores, I overlay it myself with as much information as possible e.g notes and keys etc. I then go about memorising each bar individuallluly for each hand then again together. Whilst time consuming, it's just the way I learn.

The song in question Indaco is so beautiful and I've wanted to play it for so long, like I said it's not as hard as some of the other songs I've learned such as Ritonare, Oltremare, Primavera even Underwood was harder imo all which took me weeks to learn and months to master. But 1 part of Indaco is holding me back. It starts on page 140 of the Islands collection, half way down the page when the time Sig changes to 4/4 and finishes most the down on the next page 141. Like I said in my previous post, the notes aren't very hard and I've learned them but it's the rhythm of this section that is confounding me. I've heard the main man play it thousands of times and plenty of YouTube covers and I'm sure I hear a repeating triplet with the right hand but I just get the beat. I go to sleep with that section running through my mind and I wake up humming it after I've dreamed about it lol. So any help would really be appreciated.

S
S
Hey Nad! I recently discovered Einaudi as well and am currently polishing up my playing of Nuvole Bianche and Night. Do you have an account on Musescore? They have a lot of arrangements of Einaudi's songs there, and some of them are much better than what is published. I managed to found a version of Night that is very much better notated, cleaner, etc. that I downloaded.

S
S
Is it this part you're talking about?

[Linked Image]

N
N
Hi Sharra! Night and Nuvole Bianche are on my to do list, glad you finally saw the light and became an Einaudian! No I haven't heard of musescore, I will definitely check it out, thank you.

That does look like the right passage I'm talking about, although the notation does look somewhat different in the Islands collection book. I'll see if I can take a photo of the pages tomorrow and post them on here.

It's nice to come across some of his lesser known pieces that are timeless imo. I'm also learning a few of his newer songs such as Ascent, Low Mist and A sense of symmetry. They are definitely a few months off being anywhere near good.

I'll post some recordings of other songs I feel are decent once I learn to use the site properly.

S
S
Originally Posted by Nad Aslam
Hi Sharra! Night and Nuvole Bianche are on my to do list, glad you finally saw the light and became an Einaudian! No I haven't heard of musescore, I will definitely check it out, thank you.

That does look like the right passage I'm talking about, although the notation does look somewhat different in the Islands collection book. I'll see if I can take a photo of the pages tomorrow and post them on here.

It's nice to come across some of his lesser known pieces that are timeless imo. I'm also learning a few of his newer songs such as Ascent, Low Mist and A sense of symmetry. They are definitely a few months off being anywhere near good.

I'll post some recordings of other songs I feel are decent once I learn to use the site properly.

Here is a link to that particular sheet on Musescore (https://musescore.com/user/27211722/scores/4850701), what I do sometimes is I play the music really really slowly on the app to listen to where exactly the notes are hitting. You can change the tempo by sliding the bar on top left or right.

Have you practiced the right and left hand separately? I had a bit of trouble with the tempo/two hand combo with this passage in Night (it appears twice in the song) as well, I think it's similar to that part in your piece in that the left and right hand notes are in between each other:

[Linked Image]

What I did was, I played the right and left hands separately, with a metronome to get the beats and timing right. Pretty much once I memorized the two hands, then I played them together, it made a huge difference and solved the problem.

Last edited by sharra; 04/08/21 09:51 PM.
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Welcome to the ABF’s best thread, Nad. smile

As ShiroKuro said, that section of Indaco is compelling - for me it’s the best part, but it’s tricky.

I have a two-part suggestion which may help. (It will make your score untidy so you may want to work from a photocopy.)

First, draw a vertical line down from each note in the treble clef, right through the bass clef. You’ll find that only the first and fifth treble notes in each bar coincide with a note in the bass clef (the first and third in each bar). Highlight these simultaneous notes with a marker if necessary.

Once you’ve done that, start to play each bar (both hands together) as slowly as you possibly can, making sure that you give the highlighted (together) notes a slight emphasis. I think you’ll find that even at a relatively slow speed you can start to discern that catchy rhythm. Speed up as you feel comfortable.

Good luck! thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Coming in a little late here, but after looking at the score, I was going to suggest basically exactly what Marie wrote.

I don't think HS practice will get you very far on that section of Indaco because you can't feel the rhythm without both hands participating, and you can't get this section down without feeling the rhythm. So that's how I would approach it, super slow but HT right off the bat.

Other sections or other pieces by Einaudi can be quite conducive to HS. And although I haven't played, I'm guessing that section that Sharra posted the score for from Night is one of those, Le Onde has a lot of spots like that as well. Anytime your LH is moving across the keyboard like that up up, back, up up, then HS practice to help you get the LH on autopilot is always helpful!

Now I want to try both of these pieces! Maybe I will have time this weekend. smile

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 116 of 119 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission