2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
German upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale
German piano Max has been tuning for over 10 years there. The hostess loves this piano and always a lot play it's. EVERYTHING about this piano is original (keys, an action, string and pins). It was taken out of Germany after World War II as a trophy by an Air Force captain of Red Army. Since the 50s it has been in the USSR, Uralsk.
The woman owner was unable to find any information about the factory where this was made. She did not find information in the piano atlases. She asks to share any information on this matter. Also she has intersts: what price like as her upright piano in Evrope.
When Max serviced it's piano last week, he found an ink print on the back of an action: Berlin, 50 29
Thanks in advance to everyone
Listen to the accordion waltz that: before and after Max tuning,
regards,

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
hi Max, this piano is still beautiful today.
I find this article in German, it seems a "Niendorf" piano.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niendorf_Fl%C3%BCgel-_und_Klavierfabrik

1970s' Petrof 125
youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrY5TdJHAB6HAYYgdgQliww
recent added:Rachmaninoff Paganini variation 18 first day practice
S
S
Sounds great Max! I don't have any knowledge of Riese pianos to share sadly, I hope others here on the forum can help. I really really like the Accordion Waltz though...a search got me nothing. Anyone know where I can find it? Loves a good Waltz! smile

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SuzyUpright
Sounds great Max! I don't have any knowledge of Riese pianos to share sadly, I hope others here on the forum can help. I really really like the Accordion Waltz though...a search got me nothing. Anyone know where I can find it? Loves a good Waltz! smile
Waltz 'Indifference' on 5 Different Accordions,

thanks, SuzyUpright for your good words our german piano about,

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by zonzi
thanks, zonzi
sorry, I did not any information there. May be I badly see there or that so other. There no information upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale about,

S
S
Those are magnificent instruments, I really enjoyed watching that thank you Max! I have the score now for the Indifference Waltz smile

Last edited by SuzyUpright; 02/11/21 05:37 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SuzyUpright
Those are magnificent instruments, I really enjoyed watching that thank you Max! I have the score now for the Indifference Waltz smile
It's very well,

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by Maximillyan
thanks, zonzi
sorry, I did not any information there. May be I badly see there or that so other. There no information upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale about,
Maybe this article is better:
https://www.dieter-gocht.de/?page_id=2361

1970s' Petrof 125
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Google translate:

Translation results
Riese & Hallmann & Co.
Piano factory, Berlin 1919-1951

The former head of the Berlin piano factory “C. Neugebauer Nachf. Bell & Co. "and" Bogs & Voigt ", Mr. Robert Riese, founded the company in 1919 with the instrument maker Paul Hallmann

"Riese, Hallmann & Co. GmbH".

Just one year later, the company exhibited at the Leipzig trade fair. What kind of small production facility was that on Dresdner Str. 86 in Berlin? Due to increased demand, the production was expanded to the "significantly larger rooms at Petersburger Str. 3 considerably". On Petersburger Strasse, before Riese, Hallmann & Co., the piano factories owned by Moritz Gude and W. Hilse, which no longer existed at that time, were produced.
The “extremely strong demand” prompted the company to set up a branch factory “up to date with all modern machines and wood drying systems” in Frankfurter Alle 41.
Frankfurter Allee was obviously Berlin's “piano mile”, with around 20 piano factories producing there. In 1921, Riese, Hallmann & Co. wanted to increase annual production at both locations to around 1,200 pianos per year.

Riese 1Did the opening of the company's second plant bring the wealth it was hoping for?
In 1925 the share capital was converted to gold marks. Riese, Hallmann & Co. converted 20,000 gold marks. In comparison: The piano dealer Alwin Katz (Berlin) changed its share capital in the same amount, while the company “R. Görs & Kallmann GmbH “changed its share capital to 600,000 gold marks.

Riese 2 Did the conversion to the Goldmark have any consequences for Mr. Robert Riese? At the end of the year, Mr. Robert Riese's activities as managing director ended, the “piano manufacturer Walter Kreuchwig ... and the manufacturer Felix Sonneck ... have been appointed as further managing directors”. Riese 3 Finally, in 1928, a beautiful catalog appeared “in the form of a small album”. He showed the "different piano models, whose lines and shapes are shown to their best advantage". Yes, but which models? It seemed important to announce that the catalog “contains a number of unsolicited reports on the merits of Riese & Hallmann pianos. This new catalog will have to be counted among the valuable pamphlets in the field of piano advertising ”. 14 fine art sheets - and the grand piano models? Does a colleague ever know a grand piano from the company?
After Mr. Riese left the company, Mr. Paul Hallmann also left the position of managing director in 1934.

Giant 4

The company experienced a transformation again, a general partnership was founded in early January 1937. The aforementioned gentlemen were the partners in the company, which was no longer located on Frankfurter Allee, but on Warschauer Str. 61. Another street in Berlin, on which several piano factories were located, for example on Warschauer Strasse 70, on which there were - one after the other - five piano factories.
In 1937, the company headquarters was moved to "Luckenwalde to the previous rooms of the Niendorf piano factory that had been closed as a company".
In an advertisement (dated July 20, 1937) reference was made to “Gradsteg-Pianos D.R.P.”. But - the number of the patent was missing. No evidence whatsoever shows that Riese & Hallmann, or the Niendorf company, had applied for a patent. With good reason.

In 1937, Mr Hanns Neupert, Bamberg, wrote that “the Gradsteg construction is no longer an invention, but merely a rediscovery of a construction element that is already known and used in historical instruments. It is not denied that with the improved technology of our day one can solve such things finer and more elegantly than 100 years ago, but it is not right to obscure historical facts through advertising ”. Was the whole thing a "wannabe" - D.R.P. from Riese, Hallmann & Co.?

Giant 5

Although Mr. Riese and Mr. Hallmann left the company and the company headquarters was relocated to Luckenwalde, the name “Riese, Hallmann & Co.” remained there after 1945. In 1972 the Niendorf company joined the "Deutsche Pianounion Leipzig". So the name disappeared - if it does not appear again surprisingly from the Far East.
More about piano
piano
Definitions of piano
Noun
a large keyboard musical instrument with a wooden case enclosing a soundboard and metal strings, which are struck by hammers when the keys are depressed. The strings' vibration is stopped by dampers when the keys are released and can be regulated for length and volume by two or three pedals.
a passage marked to be performed softly.
Send feedback
Side panels

1970s' Petrof 125
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
A nice Riese here, with photographs:

https://www.klavierehamburg.com/riese/

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by David-G
A nice Riese here, with photographs:

https://www.klavierehamburg.com/riese/
thanks, David-G.

the piano that you gave by the link here is very similar in construction, especially inside EVERYTHING parts is identical as our, even the angel medal with a trumpet in iron plate there.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Maximillyan
thanks, zonzi
Maybe this article is better:
https://www.dieter-gocht.de/?page_id=2361
thanks, zonzi it's very huge informations our piano here about,
THANK you very much,
regards, Max

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Max, I see you have just passed 3000 posts! Excellent.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by David-G
Max, I see you have just passed 3000 posts! Excellent.
yes, it's good. I read and I didn't see its.
thanks, David-G

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission