2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
62 members (Augustina, 36251, c++, accordeur, CaseyVancouver, Beansparrow, 13 invisible), 1,436 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 95 of 99 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
C
C
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
This is to conclude my 3B lesson book, still lots of problems after a week of practice, but I'll move on to my next book for now...

Thanks for listening!
That is very good playing , I have also finished "Pachelbel Canon" i found it to be the most difficult out of the book, although Ceremony of Peace and willow tree Waltz i struggle with .

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Originally Posted by Colette2
That is very good playing , I have also finished "Pachelbel Canon" i found it to be the most difficult out of the book, although Ceremony of Peace and willow tree Waltz i struggle with .

Thank you, Colette2! Do you mind sharing your Pachelbel Canon recording? I'd love to listen to your rendition too!

I have watched Tom97's YouTube recording many times, very helpful for me. Thank you Tom97!

Originally Posted by navindra
Very nice!

Why did you switch from Alfred to Faber? I'm currently on Alfred Book 1 myself, so curious to know.

Thank you, navindra!

Alfred book is pretty good too. I started with Alfred AIO by accident (staff at bookstore told me the local university here teaches beginners with this book, I had zero piano knowledge back then). After Alfred AIO Level 1 book, I had trouble to transition to Level 2, I guess I didn't build up enough skills to move forward. Then a friend of mine shared her book that her teacher uses, which is Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2. I decided to continue with Faber for 2 reasons: 1. I personally like the music arrangement, sounds more interesting to me; 2. the pace is good for me, there's no big jumps in skills required, as long as I follow the book, I feel I gradually get the feel on piano without trying too hard. But after Faber, I might go back to Alfred, just to re-evaluate where I am. Beyond my personal experience, I have read the comments online about difference between Alfred and Faber: Alfred builds skills more around chords; Faber has more movement on left hand. Also if you prefer classical music, Faber might be a better choice.

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
2. (taking a break) The Ants Came Marching, Page 26, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
C
C

Thank you, Colette2! Do you mind sharing your Pachelbel Canon recording? I'd love to listen to your rendition too!

I have watched Tom97's YouTube recording many times, very helpful for me. Thank you Tom97!

Originally Posted by navindra
Very nice!

Why did you switch from Alfred to Faber? I'm currently on Alfred Book 1 myself, so curious to know.

Thank you, navindra!

Alfred book is pretty good too. I started with Alfred AIO by accident (staff at bookstore told me the local university here teaches beginners with this book, I had zero piano knowledge back then). After Alfred AIO Level 1 book, I had trouble to transition to Level 2, I guess I didn't build up enough skills to move forward. Then a friend of mine shared her book that her teacher uses, which is Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2. I decided to continue with Faber for 2 reasons: 1. I personally like the music arrangement, sounds more interesting to me; 2. the pace is good for me, there's no big jumps in skills required, as long as I follow the book, I feel I gradually get the feel on piano without trying too hard. But after Faber, I might go back to Alfred, just to re-evaluate where I am. Beyond my personal experience, I have read the comments online about difference between Alfred and Faber: Alfred builds skills more around chords; Faber has more movement on left hand. Also if you prefer classical music, Faber might be a better choice.
I was thinking about doing a Pachelbel canon recording but i have decided not to because i would have to stop to turn the page from my book , My book stand will only fit one open book and one extra A4 size paper and there is 4 pages so it wouldn't work to copy the extra two pages .

I was thinking about doing a Pachelbel canon recording but i have decided not to because i would have to stop to turn the page from my book , My book stand will only fit one open book and one extra A4 size paper and there is 4 pages so it wouldn't work to copy the extra two pages .

Understood. I use PDF version of the book together with an Android app called "PDF Reader" which has a musician mode and can auto-scroll the page on my tablet.

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
2. (taking a break) The Ants Came Marching, Page 26, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
Hi everyone. I just got to the 3 minute technique on Cross-Hand Arpeggios midway through Piano Adventures AIO Book 1 and I had a few questions. I’ve seen the term “arpeggio” thrown out a ton but this is the first time I’ve practiced them.

I noticed that the notes aren’t legato but I get the impression that they should be slurred together. Is it fine if I play them as legato?

Should I only be looking at the keyboard for the hand crossing? I’m finding it very hard to play this without constantly looking at the keyboard. I’m hoping that this is something that will improve with practice.

If anyone has any good videos about arpeggio technique, I’d love to watch them!

@navindra

Great flow on your Pachelbel performance. How did you record it?

Understood. I use PDF version of the book together with an Android app called "PDF Reader" which has a musician mode and can auto-scroll the page on my tablet.

this one?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pdf-reader-view-edit-share/9nblggh67wlk?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I have spent multiple years trying to find the right set up for playing from a tablet and changing pages with a foot.

@9volt, at this level look at your hands as much as you need to. You don't gain anything by trying to look only at the page.

"Motivation is simple, you eliminate anyone who isn't motivated." - Lou Holtz.
9Volt #3074163 01/26/21 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by 9Volt
If anyone has any good videos about arpeggio technique, I’d love to watch them!

I just passed this same chapter in the book! laugh I've been using the arpeggio crossing-hands from the book daily as a warmup, and definitely looking at the keys when changing hands positions.

I enjoyed this short video by Pianote, she shows quickly how to practice one-octave arpeggio with one hand, and how to move up and down the keyboard.

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
C
C
I have recorded " Rage over lost penny 3b, really find it hard to keep this up to speed ,

https://app.box.com/s/nw7yfgzdtgzlnd3ggayffu0q0kdhc2d0

Originally Posted by tbonesays
Thank you! I just use the camera on my cell phone in a cell phone holder which can be mounted on a regular tripod.

I use PDF version of the book together with an Android app called "PDF Reader" which has a musician mode and can auto-scroll the page on my tablet.

this one?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pdf-reader-view-edit-share/9nblggh67wlk?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I have spent multiple years trying to find the right set up for playing from a tablet and changing pages with a foot.

PDF Reader by Librera

It auto-scrolls, you can adjust the scrolling speed.

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
I have recorded " Rage over lost penny 3b, really find it hard to keep this up to speed ,

https://app.box.com/s/nw7yfgzdtgzlnd3ggayffu0q0kdhc2d0

what is the format of the audio? I can't play it... but thanks for sharing!

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
C
C
I had to do the recording again something to do with me not saving it when the usb key was in the piano , So hope it works this time i am not sure if i am playing this right but i know its played quite fast

Rage over lost penny

https://app.box.com/s/rkv1yjwfbjg16vatm287kccw374j4xu5

Last edited by Colette2; 01/26/21 07:22 PM.
Colette2, sounds very cute smile thumb

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@navindra

The performance was by Wish4 Thing -- they can answer the question if they haven't already. smile

Colette2, it sounds great! Congratulations on finishing book 3B laugh

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
C
C
Colette2, sounds very cute smile thumb
Thank you !, going to get myself setup with an ipad so i wont have to worry about turning pages , I do prefer to use book because i send a lot of time working on computers and its nice just to get away with looking at a screen .

C
C
Originally Posted by Maira713
Colette2, it sounds great! Congratulations on finishing book 3B laugh
thank you ! I generally struggle with the faster tempo pieces it took me a few records to get it note perfect or almost i think . I have enjoyed doing 3a and 3b and i will be moving on to book 4 soon after i have complete some other piano learning. ,

Last edited by Colette2; 01/27/21 10:46 AM.
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Colette2 great job! Sounds nice and your speed sounds really good and controlled.good job for finishing this level!

D
D
Hi everyone, I started about four weeks ago and am using the Faber AIO book. I'm loving it so far, I just need to remind myself to slow down to practice 😁

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi DaddyFlyBrains, welcome! Have you found Faber's website yet, with demonstrations of technique and some pieces? That might slow you down a bit. cool

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
K
K
I'm new to Faber and I'd love to hear some opinions.

For an adult beginner, who mostly has some improvisational (by ear) experience, and who has a hard time learning to play from sheet music, which of the Faber series would you recommend? I've read some reviews saying that the Adult series can be too fast-paced; could it be that the Accelerated series is a bit slower-paced? I've been working through book 1 of Alfred's Adult series, but again and again I feel like I haven't had enough practice before new concepts get introduced (aside from the music being quite boring;).

Last edited by Kewner; 01/29/21 07:59 AM.
Page 95 of 99 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ten greatest Chopin works
by pianoloverus - 07/24/21 08:34 PM
KORG DS-1H pedal issues with Korg D1
by Mta88 - 07/24/21 04:28 PM
What is this musical symbol?
by pianoloverus - 07/24/21 02:55 PM
I Want To Be Happy
by Simon_b - 07/24/21 02:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,192
Posts3,116,047
Members102,225
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission