2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (36251, 1200s, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, 11 invisible), 1,517 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Forest77
It’s January 17 already, but I’d like to join. This idea is intriguing. I hope to become more comfortable with recording. For starters I need to figure out how to record my acoustic piano as well as how to post the result here. Thanks for this opportunity!

Go for it! I just completed my first piece for this challenge and it's my first time recording too. I used an iphone and plan to make a youtube account to upload videos and share links. I see others share audio files and it's not required to share anything either. I made it a goal to learn to record and get comfortable with it too.

C
Crocus
Unregistered
Crocus
Unregistered
C
Hi - Can you add my name to the list, please ! Thanks much.

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
And no. 2, from Grieg's Lyric Pieces.
This has taken me a couple of weeks to learn, with the last week being about playing it fast (it should be a lot faster than I'm playing it) and not getting mixed up between the major phrase at the c 11 sec mark and the minor version of it at c 56 secs smile
I'm pretty happy with it for the amount of time spent.

1. Paso Doble - Catherine Rollin Link
2. Norwegian Dance Melody Op 12 No 6 - Grieg Link

[Linked Image]
scorpio Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
It is never too late to join!

I just updated the list of participants. If I missed anyone please let me know.

We are off to a great start; really nice recordings. Exciting to listen to different piano compositions and composers.

Also, make sure you check out the recitals (quarterly and themed). Everyone is welcome to participate. Sam does an
outstanding job organizing these events, nearly on a monthly basis. This is a great way to share your music and progress.

Here are some links:
Themed Recital Sub-Forum
30 days to Quarterly Recital #61

Keep up the good work!

Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq / Garritan CFX

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Willy Wonka

[Linked Image]
A
A
Just catching up with the last submissions. Great job guys smile
Originally Posted by Saan
I can finally start my list. I've been doing a lot of sight reading, trying to find easier pieces that I can learn in 1-3 weeks--so I can already say this challenge is expanding my horizons. smile

1. Chopin, Prelude Op. 28. No. 20
Thank you Saan for sharing! this was great! some of those Chopin preludes are real gems! lovely playing smile I think the process of discovering new music and trying new pieces is one of the main beauties of this challenge. Looking forward to your next recordings. Btw, which piano are you playing?
Originally Posted by Greta99
1) Wynn-Anne Rossi, Pasos locos (Música Latina, Bk 2)(Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
2) Cécile Chaminade, Idylle, Op. 126 No. 1 (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)

One of the pieces I submitted to the Female Composers Recital.
Thanks for introducing me to Cecile Chaminade. Lovely piece and lovely playing as usual :))

Originally Posted by barbaram
1. Paso Doble - Catherine Rollin Link
2. Norwegian Dance Melody Op 12 No 6 - Grieg Link
I am just now listening to your two recordings. Very interesting first piece. I guess you know paso doble is a Spanish rhythm, and it was one of the several that was brought to Latin America during the colonial time. In my country, it has mixed over time with other rhythms and more typical instrumentation. Here a link if you want to see an example (the link is no piano music) Thank you for sharing other type of rhythms around here smile.
I enjoyed the Grieg piece. I have not yet explored his music! but I liked that piece

Inspired adult beginner, melomaniac
M&H Model 50 (Dumbo), Kawai CA49. Previously: Sabel S123 (Tucan)
What I have been learning
PW Listening Party
Z
Z
My second piece of the year is done. I little bit of hesitation but otherwise okay I think.

1. A Toy

2. Minuet in C Kv.6 by W.A Mozart

Nice to hear so many new pieces! Good with some inspiration.

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
M
M
I'm joining late: I started late as I was away in early January. And then I found myself repeatedly delaying posting: "the piece isn't quite ready yet - by tomorrow it will have improved." The challenge is already proving its worth in forcing me to accept that my playing will never be perfect and that unless I decide to dedicate considerable time to a piece, I'm going to have to accept that!

1. Schumann - Mai Lieber Mai op 68 no 13

A
A
Great job Jaime! Keep the hard work smile

Originally Posted by Monviso
I'm joining late: I started late as I was away in early January. And then I found myself repeatedly delaying posting: "the piece isn't quite ready yet - by tomorrow it will have improved." The challenge is already proving its worth in forcing me to accept that my playing will never be perfect and that unless I decide to dedicate considerable time to a piece, I'm going to have to accept that!

Welcome Monviso smile. I feel you, I guess one needs to become picky on where to spend more time. But maybe you can revisit it later in the future and give it a go again smile

After some very busy days, I could finally manage to finish and record these pieces
Recording issues seem to be improving.

1. Jewgeni Tetzel - Prelude
2. Balys Dvarionas - Prelude
3. Alexander Goedicke - Tanz
4. Jean-Baptiste Duvernoy - Etude in C major, Op. 176, No. 24
5. Alexander Gretschaninow - Kinderalbum, Op. 98, No. 1 - Kleines Maerchen
6. Dmitri Kabalewski - 24 leichte Stuecke, Op. 39, No. 10 - Marsch

Last edited by AndresVel; 01/23/21 07:19 PM.

PW Listening Party
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S

I agree and I kept saying one more day to work on it, one more, one more... I picked my first piece and then next thing I know I was spending two weeks on it trying to polish it so much. This challenge is teaching me to learn to move on and not stress over it. I started only few days late but I'm only on piece 2, that's ok. It's getting me to play pieces so I'm happy.

D
D
Hi everyone,

Absolute beginner here looking for some motivation to practice all year.

40 is a little too much for my 1st year but I'm going to aim for 12. Here's the first 5 songs I am working on.

1. Game of Thrones Theme
2. Thunderstruck
3. Moonlight Sonata
4. Alan Walker Faded
5. Hans Zimmer Time

Originally Posted by AndresVel
Thank you Saan for sharing! this was great! some of those Chopin preludes are real gems! lovely playing smile I think the process of discovering new music and trying new pieces is one of the main beauties of this challenge. Looking forward to your next recordings. Btw, which piano are you playing?

Thanks, Andres, I enjoy playing Preludes in general...a lot of interesting, short pieces to discover. My piano is a Yamaha U3H (so late 70s) that I bought refurbished from a music school.

I feel like I am getting behind in the challenge, but I hope I will have some more recordings to share soon. I will have to find some easier pieces to play because my choices are taking a bit too long so far!

Last edited by Saan; 01/25/21 02:35 PM. Reason: clarity

Yamaha U3H
G
G
Thanks for introducing me to Cecile Chaminade. Lovely piece and lovely playing as usual :))

Thank you Andres.

Another one for me.

1) Wynn-Anne Rossi, Pasos locos (Música Latina, Bk 2)(Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
2) Cécile Chaminade, Idylle, Op. 126 No. 1 (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
3) Amy Beach, Pierrot and Pierrette, Op. 25 No. 4 (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dsheets1974
Hi everyone,

Absolute beginner here looking for some motivation to practice all year.

40 is a little too much for my 1st year but I'm going to aim for 12. Here's the first 5 songs I am working on.

1. Game of Thrones Theme
2. Thunderstruck
3. Moonlight Sonata
4. Alan Walker Faded
5. Hans Zimmer Time

Welcome and good luck! Have some fun music lined up there. Don’t be too surprised if it takes you longer than you might first hope to play what you want. The first year or two usually involves some expectation adjustments.

Originally Posted by AndrewJ
Don’t be too surprised if it takes you longer than you might first hope to play what you want. The first year or two usually involves some expectation adjustments.

Agreed

Great job Jaime! Keep the hard work

I think I have to keep the pieces more time in the fridge before recording, but since I don't want to fall behind...
Thanks for the encouragement

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Originally Posted by scorpio
It is never too late to join!

I'd like to join!

I started learning 3 weeks ago. My recordings will likely be of my method book pieces, but I need to be start somewhere laugh

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
scorpio Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I found myself repeatedly delaying posting
Welcome to the challenge! Yes, I have the same issues. But I keep reminding myself of Winston Churchill's comment, "perfection is the enemy of progress."

Originally Posted by dsheets1974
40 is a little too much for my 1st year but I'm going to aim for 12
12 pieces as a goal is good, one per month. Welcome.

Originally Posted by Maira713
My recordings will likely be of my method book pieces, but I need to be start somewhere
Excellent idea. I look forward to following your progress. Welcome to the challenge.

Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq / Garritan CFX

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Willy Wonka

[Linked Image]
A
A
Originally Posted by Saan
I feel like I am getting behind in the challenge, but I hope I will have some more recordings to share soon. I will have to find some easier pieces to play because my choices are taking a bit too long so far!
Do not put extra pressure on you Saan. There is no hurry and no competition around here smile Take your time and enjoy your time learning and making music. Maybe add regularly the occasional easy piece in you practice session. There is a lot of beautiful music at the early levels.

Originally Posted by Sol Finker
I think I have to keep the pieces more time in the fridge before recording, but since I don't want to fall behind...
Thanks for the encouragement
The same as above Jaime. If you are enjoying the piece and want to polish it and expend more time on it, I would do it. Just keep and overview so this is not the case for every piece smile

PW Listening Party
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This doesn't fall under the 'normal' line of piano pieces, but I've been experimenting with the bluetooth and recording functions of my PX-S3000 and decided to try a piano cover of the 1958 Martin Denny "exotica" piece The Enchanted Sea

Only the piano is mine, the exotic sounds are all part of the original recording.

Last edited by trooplewis; 01/26/21 10:12 PM.

Casio PX-S3000
Nope, no issues with it at all.
Took lessons from 1960 to 1969, stopped at age 16.
Started again in July 2020 at age 67. Lots more fun now!
Originally Posted by trooplewis
I've been experimenting with the bluetooth and recording functions of my PX-S3000 and decided to try a piano cover of the 1958 Martin Denny "exotica" piece

It sounds reall nice trooplewis! Your piano sounds completely integrated to the original. So if I understand it right, you recorded on the piano both the audio in (coming in via bluetooth) and the piano itself, at the same time?

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission