2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, 8 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
EB5AGV Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
If you can watch this video without a big desire to smash the youtuber, you don't love the piano, don't fool yourself grin

Jose

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
P
P
The guy spent so much time and effort to build himself a toy piano, lol.

Roland HP-507RW | Yamaha U1 | Roland FP-90
*facepalm*

"To play a wrong note is insignificant, to play without passion is inexcusable."
j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Is someone actually paying that guy?

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia P230
At least half the waiters in Nashville play better than I
[Linked Image]
O
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by j&j

Yes, you are, with your clicks on youtube.

Originally Posted by OE1FEU
Originally Posted by j&j

Exactly! So please find something better to do with your time, like... playing the piano! :-)

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SeaDrive
Originally Posted by j&j

Exactly! So please find something better to do with your time, like... playing the piano! :-)

True. But idle clicks on YouTube isn’t a career....and I don’t subscribe to YouTube.

J & J
Casio Privia P230
[Linked Image]
B
B
Maybe not executed but definitely flogged and imprisoned.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by j&j
Originally Posted by SeaDrive
Originally Posted by j&j

True. But idle clicks on YouTube isn’t a career....and I don’t subscribe to YouTube.

No worries, j&j. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the YT video too, and watched about half it. The guy was having fun, and it was his piano, so he could do whatever he wanted to with his own piano.

As for paying the guy by clicking on his vid, our clicks didn't add much to his monthly YT income. On average, advertising revenue from YouTube videos, that have advertising, is about $5 per 1000 views, or $50 per 10,000 views. So, we may have helped the guy earn .005 cents in advertising revenue when we clicked on his YT vid. A small price to pay for a bit of curiosity entertainment. smile

As for getting rich with YouTube video advertising revenue, I'm glad I had a day job that offered a good retirement package... smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
No worries Rick! I’m just having fun with this. I guess having a million views on YouTube is much less of an accomplishment than I used to think. laugh

And yeah thank God for a long term day job with pension or Id be flipping burgers or wiping down tables for the rest of my life.

J & J
Casio Privia P230
[Linked Image]
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
There's a lot of sensationalism on social media these days. The outrageous gets lots of clicks which then translates into $$. It's a shame. I don't know what piano that was (before it was destroyed), it didn't sound that bad. Yes, he has the right to do what he choses with his piano, but it's just a same to see something of value turned into junk for a few views and a little cash. Unfortunately, those of us who clicked on it have actually encouraged it.

Originally Posted by GC13
There's a lot of sensationalism on social media these days. The outrageous gets lots of clicks which then translates into $$. It's a shame. I don't know what piano that was (before it was destroyed), it didn't sound that bad. Yes, he has the right to do what he choses with his piano, but it's just a same to see something of value turned into junk for a few views and a little cash. Unfortunately, those of us who clicked on it have actually encouraged it.

I'm not sure we encouraged anything, by clicking on the YT vid. Yea, the guy got a few more views, but he has over 450K subscribers, and has gotten 80K views in 2 days. I have not watched any more of his videos, but he must be pretty popular on YT to have that many subscribers.

The views he got here on PW are likely not a drop in the bucket compared to what he will get, so I'm not sure we encouraged anything, per-se.

This is a bit OT here, but if you want a lot of YT views, make a video of anything to do with "Ghost Busters". When my two youngest grandchildren come over for a visit, they love to sit by me and watch Ghost Busters videos for children on YouTube. I noticed that some of the videos have 60 or 70 million views, and have only been uploaded a few weeks or months. I guess with the pandemic, and schools going virtual, lots of children watching YouTube, and adults too.

I will admit that we have a good time dancing to the "Ghost Busters" theme song. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Harmless fun.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission