2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 11 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101
welcome annikamk! I just saw this thread on facebook regarding AIO 2 and 3B difference. hope this is relevant to what you are looking for. you might have to join the facebook group to see the post.

I don't know about the Foundation Pianist series, thanks for sharing. I plan to get on Piano Literature Series at some point.

Faber Lesson Book 4/Beyer Op.101/Czerny Op. 599

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
Originally Posted by pagirl
Whew! I can finally exhale! I can hear so many places that I could do better, but this is the best I can do right now. I need to move on, and maybe let this rest for a few weeks...Thank all of you for your support!!!

Fran...

https://app.box.com/s/t0srtunp0mxeumnabbdgwudb7nnr4zwk

Great job Fran. Danny Boy is one that you will delight to play for whenever the occaision arises, usually St Patrick's Day. You earned it into your repetoire.

Originally Posted by Chili_Time
WOW Wish you are playing that Sonatina fast! That is one of my favorite pieces in all of Faber 3a and took me weeks of daily play to get that up to the minimum bpm in the book. Much like my guitar and bass playing I just have trouble and "blow up" when I try to go fast. I'm okay at slower songs lines on the bass but songs by the Red Hot Chiii Peppers... forget it!

I'm no teacher but it seems like you are progressing well in 3a!

Indeed, I'm so much slower that I barely recognized it.

Loved that recording of Malaguena too.

"Motivation is simple, you eliminate anyone who isn't motivated." - Lou Holtz.
my heavy hammer version of Fiesta España grin

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
my heavy hammer version of Fiesta España grin

That is my favorite Faber Spanish guitar arrangement thus far. There are two correct? Was this the one from the Adult Adventures spiral bound book?

I liked your version and believe you could use an even heavier left hand.

Hi, tbonesays, this one is from 3B Lesson Book. Thanks for listening and feedback!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Originally Posted by tbonesays
Originally Posted by pagirl
Oh, I would love to hear a recital! Don’t think I would be brave enough to do it, but it would sure be an inspiration for me!!! enw10, I would love to hear a duet by you and your daughter, that would be so special! Wish4Thing, You are so supportive, and your pieces are just getting better and better! tbonesays, Chili_Time, and dobro, you all have so much to offer, would love to hear from you too!

I just made a major jump ahead in my lessons, I am now learning sharps! I am also getting to the point where I can finally get through a piece without too many mistakes, and most important, very little tension, thanks to my teacher!!! Still a long way to go, but am moving forward!

Fran...

Just like dobro said, play in a relaxed manner because you are enjoying it. PA Girl, you are making great progress. I already test out my weekly lesson at open mic night at a local coffee house. A Faber themed recital would be fun, I think I used Audacity the last time I recorded for PW.

No time for NYRs, I'm off to Level 5.

Well, I was going to post that Level 6 would have to wait for 2021 New Year's resolution. But I checked online and I can't find Faber Level 6, at least not in English shocked

Hi fellow piano lovers!

This is my first time posting on the forum. I am not a Faber graduate, but I plan to be during 2021!
I just bought my first digital piano and chose Faber as my method. Currently waiting for both book and piano to be delivered in the next days smile

I am a total beginner in piano, but I did take music theory lessons as a child and learned the flute at a beginner level (not the beautiful transverse flute; I mean the horrible recorder, the one every child learns, lol). So I can read sheet music but at a *very* basic level, and only the treble clef. I plan on finding a good teacher once it is safe to do so, but I honestly think I'll have to wait at least 6 months or more for that. My husband did 8 years of piano when he was younger (later he switched to drums), so hopefully he can help me here and there.

In the meantime I will start with the Adult AIO Book 1 and an old course in dvd I have here, called "learn and master piano". I almost chose Alfred's, but I am so happy I discovered piano TV on youtube and this forum, because I had no idea Piano Adventures existed and from reading reviews and checking playlists online, it feels like PA suits me much better!

I'm really looking forward to sharing my progress and may 2021 be a very musical year for all of us!

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Welcome Maira713! And all the best with your journey. All your background will help you along the way. This is a great group of supportive folks so dont hesitate to post questions here. I love the Faber books and music. I myself am doing the AIO book 2 as I need to relearn fundamentals. I am really enjoying the review and the music in these books.

Hi Maira!

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Never played the piano before but I learned the french horn at a beginner level and learned a bit of music theory as a child. I'm also self-teaching at least until this summer and decided to grab the Faber Adult All-In-One Book 1 because it interested me more than the Alfred series.

I've been practicing just under two weeks and I'm really enjoying the pacing of the book smile. I just got to New World Symphony which is one of the first pieces where you get to play a harmony and melody simultaneously and it's exciting!

The following were YouTube playlists suggested to me by other members on this forum that I think are a great supplement to the book.

This first playlist contains videos that come on the CDs that are packaged with some versions of the book. There are about 2 videos per Unit and they have Randall Faber teaching you techniques and form:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLROQq1cZUMn_XJFiAh1KHMTpwTc1jX_Qz

This second playlist has a music teacher who walks through each piece in the book and tells you about what you should look out for and how you should play it. It's also been a great reference for me:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hZtgRyL9WRi-aQSwGAS3O9GvS_uSCRh

Good luck and happy learning!

Maira you made a good choice. Knowing how to read the treble clef from the recorder means you're halfway there.

Originally Posted by ZoeCalgary
Welcome Maira713! And all the best with your journey. All your background will help you along the way. This is a great group of supportive folks so dont hesitate to post questions here. I love the Faber books and music. I myself am doing the AIO book 2 as I need to relearn fundamentals. I am really enjoying the review and the music in these books.

Thank you ZoeCalgary! I just listened to the recordings you linked on your signature, and I hope I can play like you soon! smile

How are you recording your music? Do you use the piano headphone jack or an external mic? Also, do you record your whole practice or just completed songs once they sound good? I'd like to keep track of my progress in some.

9Volt #3064553 01/03/21 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by 9Volt
I've been practicing just under two weeks and I'm really enjoying the pacing of the book smile. I just got to New World Symphony which is one of the first pieces where you get to play a harmony and melody simultaneously and it's exciting!

I just checked the song you are working on and it's so cool to be playing something in only 2 weeks! I'm really looking forward to getting started too. It looks like both piano and the book will be arriving on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by 9Volt
The following were YouTube playlists suggested to me by other members on this forum that I think are a great supplement to the book.

I had no idea there were official videos to complement the books, that's incredibly helpful. I also checked some of the videos by the teacher, I love how he goes slowly with the metronome and counting the tempo. Thank you so much for these tips!

Originally Posted by tbonesays
Maira you made a good choice. Knowing how to read the treble clef from the recorder means you're halfway there.

Thank you, tbonesays! You're too kind, I wish I was halfway there smile

C
C
Has anyone got the adult piano popular 2 book ? Just wondering if i should stay focused on the lesson books or try learning some songs from the popular book?

Last edited by Colette2; 01/12/21 11:07 AM.
Hi Colette2, I don't have the popular book.

My personal past experience with 3A (Lesson, Performance and Christmas books) is that songs in Performance and Christmas books sound more interesting to me than the ones in Lesson book. I think maybe the arrangement make them sound better (they are slightly more difficult to play, at least to me)?

I'm at the last song of 3B, but with this level, I have only Lesson book. Based on my experience from 3A, I'm thinking to move onto Ragtime and Marches FunTime book (equivalent to Level 3 skills) after 3B, instead of jumping onto Level 4, because I might enjoy playing these songs better and solidify my level 3 skills at the same time.

Hope everyone is doing well and making good progress on piano!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Welcome, Maira713 and 9Volt! looking forward to hearing your progress!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by Maira713
Originally Posted by ZoeCalgary

Thank you ZoeCalgary! I just listened to the recordings you linked on your signature, and I hope I can play like you soon! smile

How are you recording your music? Do you use the piano headphone jack or an external mic? Also, do you record your whole practice or just completed songs once they sound good? I'd like to keep track of my progress in some.

Hi Maira73. For most of those pieces I am recording an acoustic piano using a Zoom H1N portable recorder that I place on a small tripod and nearby ledge. I usually only record when I feel I am fairly fluid with playing through the piece and feel I am ready to move on. When recording it takes me several tries and I try to pick what I feel is the best one to post after I'm done. For most pieces it takes me several attempts as I get nervous even when recording. But I am finding that recording more is helping with that. I do have a digital piano and on that I can record directly to a USB stick which is a really nice feature to have as no external recorder is needed. PS. Thanks for the nice comments. I am sure you are well on your way and will be thrilled with your progress.

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by Colette2
Has anyone got the adult piano popular 2 book ? Just wondering if i should stay focused on the lesson books or try learning some songs from the popular book?

Hi Colette2 I have both level 1 and 2 of the popular book. I really like them. I cant remember which I got first bit went back amd got the other one as well. I had actually got these before I started doing the All In One Book. Not sure where you're at in your playing but I feel you would enjoy it alot. I like the arrangements very much and find it good supplemental pieces to work on.

This is to conclude my 3B lesson book, still lots of problems after a week of practice, but I'll move on to my next book for now...

Thanks for listening!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
This is to conclude my 3B lesson book, still lots of problems after a week of practice, but I'll move on to my next book for now...

Thanks for listening!

Very nice!

Why did you switch from Alfred to Faber? I'm currently on Alfred Book 1 myself, so curious to know.

Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission