2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
41 members (Dore, BlakeOR, AWilley, emenelton, accordeur, Archipelago, 1957, Charles Cohen, 8 invisible), 424 guests, and 590 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Hi pianoworld-members,

Just like last year, you can post here your musically goals for 2021......

Just like this year I will remember you in exactly one year.....at December 26 th, 2021 grin grin

We all are curious and looking forward what you want to play in 2020, will you reach a new grade?.....play more instruments......or.......purchase a new piano or grand?.........sparkle at a recital? Please tell us.....

I hope this year will be a better year for all of us; no covid problems sick sick cry and just a fine musically year in a good health smile smile for everybody.

All the best for 2021 thumb and let us know....

Best regards,
Johan B

[Linked Image]
Kawai CA95SB (Previous:Yamaha CLP320PE & DGX620)
Motto's:
'Music is a way of living' & 'Nil volentibus arduum'
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
I will start.......

My goals for 2021:
1. Hopefully a cancer-free year...(has nothing to do with music, but important...)
2. More organ performances at my beloved Willibrorduschurch....
3. Back to work as volunteer at the National Organmuseum in Elburg - The Netherlands....
4. Working at my piano technic....

What are your goals?

Kind regards,
Johan B

Last edited by Johan B; 12/27/20 02:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
W
W
Keep motivated and improve-

Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Johan B
SORRY MISTAKE grin.....................in exactly one year.....at December 26 th, 2021 grin grin\

.............We all are curious and looking forward what you want to play in 2020........OEPS........2021 OF COURSE............, will you reach a new grade?.....play more instruments......or.......purchase a new piano or grand?.........sparkle at a recital? Please tell us....

Greetz,
Johan B

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here is my plan for 2021 ... at least as far as piano activities are concerned. smile

• Learn (more precisely: memorize, and comfortably play) 475 measures of classical music
  • Learn two works at Henle level 6
  • Learn one Beethoven sonata movement
  • Re-learn three currently lost works
  • Listen to each of Schuberts impromptus and moments musicaux, while following along in the score, twice during the year
  • Listen to each of Debussys preludes (book 1), while following along in the score, twice during the year
  • Listen to each of Beethovens bagatelles (opus 33, 119, and 126), while following along in the score, twice during the year

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
1) Take part in every ABF online recital and themed recital in 2021. That's eight of them - 4 quarterlies and 4 themed recitals.

2) Learn some Chopin. I have avoided Chopin (except for sampling a few pieces) because everybody plays Chopin, and I hate doing what everybody else does. But his music is just too beautiful to be missed.

3) Keep playing clarinet/piano music with Tootles, my wife. The piano parts are usually too hard for me, and they take forever to learn, but it's all worth the effort.

Better go practice!

Sam

Ubu Offline
I have 3 musical goals:
-keep going on with Bach's wtc. I do not expect to finish it this year
-keep practising sight reading. My estimation is it will take me 5 more years to reach a decent level
-avoid injuries that made me stop practising

I would also like to study armony but i would need days of 48 hours

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks again Johan B!

Here are my musical goals for 2021:

1. For piano, complete RCM 3 and sit an in-person exam; start RCM 4

2. For piano, learn a popular piece that is reasonably beyond my skill level and that I'll be proud to perform for others

3. For piano, play in an in-person adult recital

4. For sax, finish RCM 2 and sit an in-person exam; start RCM 3

5. For violin, finish Suzuki Book 1

6. Re-join concert band in September 2021

7. Decide to get serious with classical guitar or quit altogether - just make a decision either way

As I reflect on my goals, I realize that sitting in-person exams, participating in in-person recitals and concert band are dependent on the COVID-19 situation. I really hope in-person things can happen again in 2021. Fingers crossed. Think positive thoughts!

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
Thank you, Johan B! So nice to see you here again. I will repeat some of my 2020 goals for the coming year:

Keep a daily practice log, and don't miss a day of practice;

Learn something by Beethoven to celebrate his 250th birthday (I didn't do it in 2020, but I understand that the celebrations in Bonn, his birthplace, have been extended to 2021, so there is still time!);

Bring back and work more on some pieces that were too hard for me the first time around (Bach! Schumann! Piazzolla!);

I want to hear what good players can do with my new piano, so I hope to host a piano party at my house after the vaccine reaches us.

Here's to a happy, healthy, and musically fulfilling 2021 for everyone.

"Serena," my Estonia L168.
N
N
1. Continue consistent practice. I started piano last May & love my daily piano practice. But I assume the novelty of learning piano will wear off, & the pieces will get more difficult. So diligence & persistence will need to kick in when beginner's enthusiasm fades out.

2. If/when the virus wanes (or I get vaccinated), I want to start in-person lessons. This self-directed beginner phase has been blissful, but it must draw to a close 😌 A new level awaits, & perhaps a new direction?

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
2020 has been a productive year for me on piano. I've played everyday (maybe missed a couple when I was out of town) for at least 2 hours and learned many new pieces. Although I didn't take the RCM level 7 exam, I've enjoyed the variety and beauty of pieces at that level and now working on a few at a higher level. My tempo has increased to my great pleasure but my fingers remain slower than I'd like so I'm studying how to reduce the tension obstacle. My dear piano teacher and friend of over 40 years, died a few weeks ago and it is a huge loss. Although I acquired many useful resources to study theory I have not done much with it. I think I need a theory buddy. I've stayed connected to friends I met at the European Piano Parties and we share music via zoom. Same with the Denver group. I'm now a part of a Summerkeys group also. This regular performance time has pushed me in good ways.

Somehow I didn't post goals for 2020 but for 2021 my goals are:
1. build scale speed and flow up to 88 bpm
2. complete the RCM level 7 etudes (I'm halfway through the book)
3. enter at least 2 ecitals
4. play for two zoom groups once per month
5. memorize one level 6 or 7 piece
6. find a buddy to study theory with
7. find a new piano teacher when f2f resumes
8. stay healthy

[Linked Image]
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
T
T
I just want to keep playing.

J
J
I am going to try to learn 40 level1-2 pieces. Last year my goal was 20, but I hand injured my hand in Nov 2019 and didn’t play for 6 months. I only made it to 16 pieces but they were mostly level 3-4. I really want to work on my sight reading and thus more easier pieces. I just have to wait until 1-1-21

Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tom97
I just want to keep playing.
Who does not want to play...... grin grin have fun......
Greetings,
Johan B

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Hi pianoworld-members,

Just like last year, you can post here your musically goals for 2021......

Just like this year I will remember you in exactly one year.....at December 26 th, 2021 grin grin

We all are curious and looking forward what you want to play in 2020, will you reach a new grade?.....play more instruments......or.......purchase a new piano or grand?.........sparkle at a recital? Please tell us.....

I hope this year will be a better year for all of us; no covid problems sick sick cryand just a fine musically year in a good health smile smile for everybody.

All the best for 2021 thumb thumb and let us know....

Best regards,
Johan B

Last edited by Johan B; 12/28/20 03:40 PM.

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Since I only about half achieved my 2020 goals I am carrying them over to 2021 plus adding a few more.

1. Learn the entire 3 movements of the Pathetique Sonata - being able to play the entire 3 movements from memory (currently 3/4 through 1st movement and can mostly play the entire 2nd movement)
2. Retrieve lost repertoire (currently lost through lack of practice) of Bach Inventions 8 and 13 and Chopin Nocturne Op 9 No 2. and No 20
3. Improve Piano Marvel SASR score so I beat 700 at least once.
4. Make video recordings on my Grand Piano of me playing the Pathetique and the 4 pieces mentioned in point 2.
5. Add one more Chopin piece to my repertoire.
6. Practice every day when I am at a location where I have access to a piano. (I so far have managed every day in 2020, but didn't take a vacation because of Covid. Its the vacation where I might not have access to a piano)

[Linked Image]
Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by akc42
Since I only about half achieved my 2020 goals I am carrying them over to 2021 plus adding a few more.

1. Learn the entire 3 movements of the Pathetique Sonata - being able to play the entire 3 movements from memory (currently 3/4 through 1st movement and can mostly play the entire 2nd movement)
2. Retrieve lost repertoire (currently lost through lack of practice) of Bach Inventions 8 and 13 and Chopin Nocturne Op 9 No 2. and No 20
3. Improve Piano Marvel SASR score so I beat 700 at least once.
4. Make video recordings on my Grand Piano of me playing the Pathetique and the 4 pieces mentioned in point 2.
5. Add one more Chopin piece to my repertoire.
6. Practice every day when I am at a location where I have access to a piano. (I so far have managed every day in 2020, but didn't take a vacation because of Covid. Its the vacation where I might not have access to a piano)

thumb wow akc42.....your ambitions will make London full of music.....it ‘s nice to read what everybody wants to play...

Kind regards,
Johan B

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
R
R
Good afternoon all;

Glad to be here as a new member.
I've just started up with piano studies again after several stops and starts over the past few years. Last took lessons in 1977. Made it partway into the Bastien Piano Literature Volume Four at that time. I'm back at the (IMSLP Petruccci) Tchaikovsky Album for the Young. and the first 6 exercises in Carly Czerny's op 821 (Also at IMSLP)160 Eight Measure Exercises .

1. Finish the Tchaikovsky (op 39)-currently at # 10, leaving 14 to go. One per week with one exception of 11, which can be paired with another one pager.

2. Move onto the Bastien Piano Literature Volume Three . Some of these can be successfully studied in one week, others will require two weeks, I've already done the first three (several times!) so skipping those leaves (two pieces are from the Tchaikovsky) about 26 weeks of dedicated work.

3. Continue with the Czerny - I'm at #8 so one per week would put me at (50 weeks later) #58. That's very optimistic but at any rate steady progress can be made into the forest that is Carl Czerny!

4.Take two weeks towards the end of the year to review

5. Keep sight reading from various easier works (everything from later kindergarten to early 2nd grade material). Curently working from Essential Keyboard Repertoire Voume 1
I have several other volumes of easier material to look at as well.

6. Take a look at Bastien Volume IV.

7. Find more music to listen to on You Tube. It never fails to please. !

Johan B Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Raymond_L
Good afternoon all;

Glad to be here as a new member.
I've just started up with piano studies again after several stops and starts over the past few years. Last took lessons in 1977. Made it partway into the Bastien Piano Literature Volume Four at that time. I'm back at the (IMSLP Petruccci) Tchaikovsky Album for the Young. and the first 6 exercises in Carly Czerny's op 821 [i](Also at IMSLP)160 Eight Measure Exercises [/i !

Hi Raymond,

Welcome to ABF and Pianoworld., it’s a nice digital place to be among pianofriends and -lovers. You will find here inspiration and answers at interesting questions........and of course welcome back at the piano after so many years.......music and playing is just fun and relax, sometimes a voyage of discovery........

Kind regards,
Johan B

Last edited by Johan B; 12/30/20 10:11 AM.

[Linked Image]
Motto's:
L
L
I'm in my 50s returning to the instrument. All my training as a kid was strictly classical. In coming back, I am concentrating on jazz and improvisation mainly.

My 2021 goals:

1. Succeed in MYOD challenge
2. Be able to open the Real Book and play the head in the key written on 90% of the pieces
3. Pick back up the ability to play some of the easier Bach, because I still love it and the way counterpoint makes my brain/hands feel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The real pop book v3?
by Sebs - 05/05/21 10:35 PM
1997 Young Chang G Model
by texasheat - 05/05/21 10:10 PM
An embarassing first piano lesson
by total_beginner - 05/05/21 05:56 PM
Grand piano geometry question
by TTWK - 05/05/21 05:48 PM
Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition 2021
by AndresVel - 05/05/21 04:44 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,738
Posts3,090,194
Members101,421
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission