2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
42 members (Ben_NZ, cygnusdei, Alfred La Fleur, Dfrankjazz, Boboulus, Dave Horne, beeboss, choppin, Animisha, 10 invisible), 834 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello Neil, seasons greetings to you.

I'm afraid the exact purpose of your posts is not immediately clear to me.

However, if you are experiencing any issues with a Kawai product, please seek assistance from your Kawai dealer.
If you are not satisfied with the level of support provided by the dealer, please seek assistance from the Kawai subsidiary or distributor in your country.
If you are still not satisfied with the level of support provided by the Kawai dealer and Kawai subsidiary/distributor in your country, please contact Kawai Japan via the enquiry form on the Kawai Global website:

https://www.kawai-global.com/enquiry/

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by doudou
I think Neil Gold should be banned, 3 posts : 3 Kawai bashings, no proofs of his insinuations...

I owned an MP11 for 6 years : no problems at all !

laugh , one might say doudou isn't practicing enough. Blowing up the DP is a badge of honor.

Read neil's other posts, I think he's angry at his kawai experience. It's kind of like a vendetta where kawai did not meet his expectations.

The price tag on these don't help since they're pretty expensive.

Last edited by jeffcat; 12/27/20 08:45 PM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jeffcat
Originally Posted by doudou
I think Neil Gold should be banned, 3 posts : 3 Kawai bashings, no proofs of his insinuations...

I owned an MP11 for 6 years : no problems at all !

laugh , one might say doudou isn't practicing enough. Blowing up the DP is a badge of honor.

Read neil's other posts, I think he's angry at his kawai experience. It's kind of like a vendetta where kawai did not meet his expectations.

The price tag on these don't help since they're pretty expensive.

Yeah, one can understand that.
With any highish priced item, if it goes wrong and the attempt to resolve the issue isn't straight forward, then one might get the hump.
However, in my life, there is more than one occasion where I've had a bad experience but found others haven't found the same experience: iLoud micro-monitors are a good example---my experience was disappointing, but my set might have been totally unrepresentative.

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7SE; Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
D
D
Yes, but if you have a legit problem, wouldn't you want to name the exact model, share exactly what the problem was then be very anxious to find a solution for the problem nstead of ranting about 4 or 5 different models, disappear then do the same thing in another thread?

I'm very interested in hearing which model he had and what was wrong but the "victim of wrongdoing by the Kawai company" seems to have left the third pipe bombs in the forum then disappeared. How is that helpful?

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Originally Posted by dmd
I do not believe there is any sincerity to this and his other posts.

It is just some sort of commercially motivated Kawai bashing.

Not worthy of a legitimate response.

+1

But maybe it's personally motivated, who knows.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by slipperykeys
BTW, the "soft parts " were engineered in acoustic pianos for a couple of centuries with (almost) no problems.

(Sorry, I should really say "issues" in this day and age, not "problems"!)

In a real acoustic actions, the soft parts are tweaked and replaced all the time. Again, softparts wearing out is very common for anything involving soft parts.

Fair enough. However, keybed "softparts" seem more frail on Kawais than Korgs, Yamahas and Rolands, to name but a few, just for the moment.

None of the manufacturers are perfect, I was VERY glad I didn't rush out and buy a Roland RD800!

But if genuine faults are identified, as happened with the RD 800, it is good to know that they are addressed by the manufacturer.

I found no less than 4 videos, all by different people, referring to "issues" under keybeds in Kawais and have posted them here. To me that seems more than a coincidence.

After all, one of those videos identified 12 models!

I'm not concerned, I don't own any of them and I actually take the same view as you that, get a few spares and keep them ready.

I might even do that with my 30 year old RD300s.

Come to think of it, my RD700 NX is already 9 years old, I'll be spending a fortune on spares, "just in case...."

Last edited by slipperykeys; 12/28/20 12:12 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Doug M.
Yeah, one can understand that.
With any highish priced item, if it goes wrong and the attempt to resolve the issue isn't straight forward, then one might get the hump.
However, in my life, there is more than one occasion where I've had a bad experience but found others haven't found the same experience: iLoud micro-monitors are a good example---my experience was disappointing, but my set might have been totally unrepresentative.

Everybody knows Kawai has a great aftersales service, there aren't many brands who send technicians to repair your piano at home.
So I think Neil Gold is just a troll, or a competitor brand jealous of Kawai success

N
OP Offline
N
In order not to interpret the comment only in a negative key, I will tell you that KAWAI MP pianos, even if they are built in exotic countries, are generally good instruments. But I do not consider it fair that users do not know the history and truth about these "pianos" that are not Made in Japan.

Let's start by explaining the problems of the models:
Kawai MP 10.
Did you know that since its launch, the Kawai MP 10 has reacted to the delicate touch of the keys?
This has been corrected by Software Update.

https://www.kawai-global.com/data/updates/mp10_v107_en.pdf

If you have the patience to read the corrections made, you will see that the last ones are from May 2015 and are not few and are all important.
For 5 years the professional users of this piano had those problems that were largely corrected.
Now MP 10 is ok. Moreover, it does not have the problems generated by the wear of Teflon at the end of the longer flaps of MP 11 and MP 11 SE (and not only these models eg CA)

Kawai MP 11 a revolutionary digital "piano" with the length of the keys and the ease of pressing both the white and the black keys with ease as far as possible inside.
Many users have described it as a mirage and it has even generated a special piano experience (especially in the pianist-instrument interactivity).
But has this instrument been perfect since its launch? Let's see what corrections Kawai made only in the software:

https://www.kawai-global.com/data/updates/mp11_v116_en.pdf

Launched in 2013, it benefits from countless corrections of software clothes until February 2019. Only in February 2019, after more than 6 years, Kawai corrects the reliability of keyboard action key switch detection.
A good "piano". But the differences corrected so far are not noticed by occasional users but by professionals who want to have an extraordinary instrument - and let's be honest Kawai tends to excel at pianos made in Japan.
What problems remain unresolved? Well Teflon tape from models MP 11 and MP 11 SE. Teflon tape is located at the distal end of the flaps and wears out over time. Sometimes it generates a phenomenon of "sticky" keys, other times errors in the dynamic values. As you can see the problems were solved by the users and not by KAWAI, which is a shame. It is clear in the video that the repair of the users is not precise due to the differences in cutting and thickness of the material.
Kawai should have sent these users a repair kit.
Another problem in MP 11 but also MP 11 SE is the Vaseline from the mechanism that goes down on the Teflon end. This struggle is easily solved by degreasing.

Kawai MP 11 SE an improved "piano". The pedal made by Kawai with optical connection appears. Superior interaction with the instrument and superior sound.

https://www.kawai-global.com/data/updates/mp11se_v104_en.pdf

We notice much fewer corrections on the update side, which is normal. A common correction with the MP11 model of the sensor calibration in 2019.
The common problems with MP 11 generated by Teflon (damage or slipping) and those caused by Vaseline leakage remain.
To eliminate the problems generated by Teflon and the old mechanism,
Kawai developed GFIII. I invite you to notice the differences that appear at the distal end of the flap to the two mechanisms.

My post is not for users who use the piano 6 hours a week. I address those who will use it on average over 6 hours a day for rehearsal and live.
Of course, with occasional use of the piano, problems may not occur. Especially when the instrument is not taken out of the house or home studio.
I apologize to those who may feel offended and modestly tell them that I have been using kawaii since 1996.
I also have photos of the "pianos" and Kawai instruments held that prove what I said.

I hope you have no problems with your "piano".

N
OP Offline
N
Dear sir,
I asked for an answer, including in Japan.

After a first answer from the local representative, I did not receive any other answer.

The person I corresponded with is:
(Mr.) Ryosuke Iwadate

KAWAI MUSICAL INST. MFG. CO., LTD.

Overseas Business Division

Neil, please send me a PM.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
N
OP Offline
N

N
OP Offline
N
Now let's describe the resistance of the Kawai MP series with wooden flaps. Extremely well built with a sturdy housing. All buttons work flawlessly in different exposure conditions in the concert hall, outdoors or at home. Traces of use can be seen especially on the sides of the piano because soft wood has generally been used to reduce weight.
Due to the high weight, it is recommended to transport the piano only in hard cases.

N
OP Offline
N
The sound.
Kawai excels in sampling. Until the appearance of Dexibell on the market with a sampling of 15 seconds, Kawai was the market leader with a real sampling time of over 5 seconds.
Starting from this reality, the Kawai keyboard makes the difference in the final sound, which ranks Kawai most of the time in the first place. The interactivity generated by the pressing of the keys and the sound feedback is sometimes magical and often inspirational.
The sounds of Kawai pianos are well defined with a correct keyboard balance with a small dynamic exception personally observed in octave 2 and 3 where sometimes the sounds are above the average of the others and stand out undesirably. It is a personal opinion. Regardless of the length of the Dexibell sampling, the sounds in the upper octaves of Kawai are superior in quality and more present in any live or recording.
Joining sounds is easy and can be done easily. The big problem observed in Yamaha cp88 for example is how much you have to change the sound that has to support the piano for the 2 or 3 sounds to sound good together. At Kawai the combination of sounds almost always comes naturally.
The effects are more than enough.
The rhythm section can be used in recordings or live without problems.
Rhythms are sufficient for most musical styles and can be saved along with custom settings. The rhythm section sounds correct and can be used without stress.
Although Kawai can directly record performance, for maximum quality it is advisable to use a superior capture board.
The additional stereo input is welcome for small concerts and is of a very good quality.
In live situations, the simultaneous Stereo output on both XLR and Jack allows easier monitoring or various settings.

A
A
Originally Posted by Neil Gold
Now let's describe the resistance of the Kawai MP series with wooden flaps. Extremely well built with a sturdy housing. All buttons work flawlessly in different exposure conditions in the concert hall, outdoors or at home. Traces of use can be seen especially on the sides of the piano because soft wood has generally been used to reduce weight.
Due to the high weight, it is recommended to transport the piano only in hard cases.
Maybe something is lost in translation but I’m completely lost. Neil Gold, forum members have been posting replies to you for some time and you haven’t addressed any of them. Now you suddenly appear again with lots of bizarre posts.
What exactly is it you want because I don’t think you’re going about it the right way.

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by AndyE
Maybe something is lost in translation but I’m completely lost. Neil Gold, forum members have been posting replies to you for some time and you haven’t addressed any of them. Now you suddenly appear again with lots of bizarre posts.
What exactly is it you want because I don’t think you’re going about it the right way.

If I am reading the posts correctly

Neil is writing out his discontent w/ the mp11se, he feels betrayed by Kawai having used them since 1996, having had better times with other models.

He's stricken with the inner turmoil of this new love and hate relationship. It is tearing him apart, so much so that he is compelled to air his grievances online with the musical community.

I'm not sure if his posts are translated, seems like straight enough english.

Last edited by jeffcat; 01/13/21 10:44 AM.
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by AndyE

Neil Gold is not a looking for discussion.

He/She is a way for some entity to spread negative points about a particular product or product line for commercial benefit. I would have thought he/she would have been banned by now.

I certainly would not spend time trying to "discuss" anything with that person.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, Edifier R1850DB Bookshelf speakers, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by dmd

He/She is a way for some entity to spread negative points about a particular product or product line for commercial benefit. I would have thought he/she would have been banned by now.

That doesn't make sense though. The impact of his effort on whatever his personal business is would be incredibly minimal. There's also no reason he can't just start selling kawai products if he's selling the competitor's.

You would then have to assume, for example, he is a direct agent of the competitor, which also doesn't make sense, large corporations don't compete in this way.

Last edited by jeffcat; 01/13/21 12:29 PM.
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by dmd

That doesn't make sense though. The impact of his effort on whatever his personal business is would be incredibly minimal. There's also no reason he can't just start selling kawai products if he's selling the competitor's.

You would then have to assume, for example, he is a direct agent of the competitor, which also doesn't make sense, large corporations don't compete in this way.

Yes .... there is truth to that, also.

The only thing that makes "sense" to me is that he/she is not a sincere poster willing to discuss the issues he/she has raised. Only interested in ranting about some issue(s) with no interest in replies.

Again .... I would not waste time responding.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, Edifier R1850DB Bookshelf speakers, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
Absolute rubbish!

I’ve had my Kawai MP11 since July 2015
That’s 5 1/2 years now

I play it hard and at least 4 to 5 times per week for around 10 hours minimum in total.. I’ve NEVER had 1 issue with it, I am thinking of upgrading to the MP11SE and will possibly sell my MP11 soon, love this digital piano! The best action and sound out there.. even in 2021!

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CeTsrJUs5FebL88o929flcxKbAFe7tww/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]

I also own a
Yamaha Montage 8 White
Korg Kronos 2 88 Gold
Roland Fantom X8
Yamaha Motif ES7
Hammond XK1C

Last edited by Waynester; 01/16/21 09:06 PM.

Wayne Harris
Keyboard Player & Vocalist
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
https://www.facebook.com/WayneKeyboards/
Twitter @BonGioviTribute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain Pedal Use
by john fh - 09/25/21 02:13 AM
Insulted a Kawai salesman with straight talk
by Cristofori - 09/25/21 01:37 AM
Berg Sieben Früher Lieder and more
by MinscAndBoo - 09/24/21 08:47 PM
Free Books
by Larry Fine - 09/24/21 07:18 PM
Need help finding a piece (Streabbog?)
by cygnusdei - 09/24/21 06:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,282
Posts3,134,982
Members102,816
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission