2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (bilb, Bill McKaig,RPT, Carey, adamcz, brycef, anotherscott, busa, AlphaTerminus, 13 invisible), 1,082 guests, and 512 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
G
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
G
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? smile

Maybe he is the one who will bring balance to the force?

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Mickey_
Originally Posted by Pologuy
Any word on when the outdated look and technology of the MP line is going to be updated...?

To be honest, I hope they won't change the look of the MP line anytime soon. I like it a lot.

Regarding the look, the Kawai MP series has a gorgeous modern mid-century design. I think it's already a great design and shouldn't be changed!

Please don't change the look of MP series Kawai! I have got a lot of compliments for the look of my MP7SE from my musician friends. They all liked the look, the side panels, and the "Kawai" logo on the front!

Some mid-century instruments:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

an older MP series:
[Linked Image]

Apparently, everyone is copying Kawai! and here are some modern instruments inspired by mid-century design:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

So MP series look is very modern and futuristic. It would be a sad day if Kawai listens to a troll who has no clue about fashion and modern design!

The design is so great that even Nord is copying Kawai!
(given that Yamaha is copycatting Nord)

Now see who is Yamaha copying:

[Linked Image]

Yamaha's master piece!
[Linked Image][/size]

Last edited by Abdol; 12/09/20 01:54 PM.

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
P
P
Don't forget the 1984 classic Synclavier VPK with its perfect sloping front control panel, and pitch bend / modulation wheels on the left of keys (where they belong) not on the top panel, and rows of instant access buttons in logical banks of eight.

Shares many similar design layout aesthetics with Kawai MP9000, MP9500, MP8 and MP8ii which are IMHO among Kawai's best ever physical aesthetics for a stage piano in jet black.

[Linked Image]

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Although the interface matters and MP series has an intuitive interface, at the end of the day "how it sounds and feels" are the most important aspects of a digital stage instrument.

The look of the current MP series is a hybrid look between an acoustic grand and a mid-century instrument:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It has similar cut-outs. This instrument looks and feels very distinguished.

MP series look truly represents the idea and thought behind its creation: it's a "digital" "stage" "piano". It has all these three elements in its design.

Last edited by Abdol; 12/10/20 02:00 AM.

L
L
For looks Kawai made a nice update going from MP11 to MP11SE i think.
SE has beautiful side panels .

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Abdol, I shot that MP11SE image above...unfortunately, there are some Photoshop errors that I cannot unsee...

Would you believe, I was actually against the idea of changing the brown, rounded side panels for the polished black "L" shape for the SE models.
However, in hindsight I agree that it was a good move.

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Abdol, I shot that MP11SE image above...unfortunately, there are some Photoshop errors that I cannot unsee...

Would you believe, I was actually against the idea of changing the brown, rounded side panels for the polished black "L" shape for the SE models.

James
x

They were indeed right, it looks much better IMO. I think if you wanted a cool update on aesthetic, maybe 4 optional colours for the MP series casing would be interesting, as the metal case is quality and the look is classy. As others have noted, it would be a match for the Nord Grand in looks if there was a bespoke stand and bespoke Onkyo monitors that looked a bit nicer than the K&M or Yamaha LG800.

For instance, it's curious how many people have built their own case for the MP11

Last edited by Doug M.; 12/10/20 05:56 AM.

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7SE; Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Doug M.
I think if you wanted a cool update on aesthetic, maybe 4 optional colours for the MP series casing would be interesting, as the metal case is quality and the look is classy. As others have noted, it would be a match for the Nord Grand in looks if there was a bespoke stand and bespoke Onkyo monitors that looked a bit nicer than the K&M or Yamaha LG800.

Interesting ideas, however I think you may underestimate how many units of a particularly product need to be sold in order it to become financially viable.

Four different case colours, and a custom stand - presumably in matching colours?
Alas, Kawai is not selling iPhones...

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
A
A
Aside from looks, I just want to chime in in the positive MP11SE choir. After having owned the MP11SE for some 3 months now I notice that of all my piano time, I spend roughly 80% or more on the lovely MP11. Kawai really made this to suit my needs regarding keaboard action feel and also sounds.

And - after getting the MP11SE I also find I experience my CS11 kind of different from before. It's got slightly heavier action, slightly more demanding finger-vise and feels a bit more "grown up" or "serious" IMHO. If anyone understands what I mean... wink

I truly love the MP11SE!!! Thank's Kawai! And thank's to Steinway Piano Gallery Stockholm who managed to deliver one in the midst of the pandemic.

Last edited by Ajax69; 12/10/20 06:19 AM.

Peter
--------------------------------
Yamaha U1 / Kawai CS11 / Kawai MP11SE / Hammond XK-3c
Working on: Tim Richards - Improvising Blues Piano
M
M
Four different case colours, and a custom stand - presumably in matching colours?

Not necessarily.

[Linked Image]

:-)

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Doug M.
I think if you wanted a cool update on aesthetic, maybe 4 optional colours for the MP series casing would be interesting, as the metal case is quality and the look is classy. As others have noted, it would be a match for the Nord Grand in looks if there was a bespoke stand and bespoke Onkyo monitors that looked a bit nicer than the K&M or Yamaha LG800.

Interesting ideas, however I think you may underestimate how many units of a particularly product need to be sold in order it to become financially viable.

Alas, Kawai is not selling iPhones...

Kind regards,
James
x

Well, that is an issue, but I think there are solutions!..

For instance, you don't need to make the extra products specific to the MP series, just fitting them. The extra stand could fit the dimensions of other premium stage pianos, as could the monitors. Tbh, there is a gap in the market for a classy well designed stage piano stand. The K&M stand is terribly functional: if Kawai could match that quick open design but make a really classy design, I think that could be marketable to those buying Yamaha, Nord, etc.

The colours issue: metalic paint could be a chargeable extra 😀, after all, it's just a powder coating job for those that want it. Might cost an extra £300.

I think it's a no brainer for getting Onkyo to produce bespoke powered monitors/bass woofer, as the market for powered monitors is a mine field: being able to offer products that excel for the digital piano at competitive prices would be attractive in a world where it is really hard to find a store with lots of fitting monitors to test on a digital. If the branding was tasteful and not to brasen, I suspect lots of people would buy Kawai Onkyo rather than Focal or Adam or Neumann or iLouds, etc.

Last edited by Doug M.; 12/10/20 06:25 AM.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Not necessarily.

[Linked Image]

:-)

LOL, sold only to the colour blind

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A

James
x

Ha! Good to know!

I'm not an expert in design but I don't think different wood panels would go nice with the body color. It will look like a car with unmatched interior colors.

Regarding ONKYO monitor speakers, I believe ONKYO must come up with something better than HS7-HS8 which is difficult both in production and sale.

Yamaha LG-800 looks really nice, I like its rugged design and mild industrial look BUT it has an asymmetric design. The chrome bar on the front should be adjustable from both sides for a clean symmetric look.

I wish all the buttons could be lit up slightly so in low light situations they were all visible.

M
M
Originally Posted by Abdol
Yamaha LG-800 looks really nice, I like its rugged design and mild industrial look BUT it has an asymmetric design. The chrome bar on the front should be adjustable from both sides for a clean symmetric look.

I agree, Abdol. That (is the only thing that) bothers me a bit.

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
P
P
Originally Posted by Abdol
This guy is TROLL. Zero contribution and a bunch of nonsense posts.

Kawai has always been copying/chasing Yamaha.

Any word on when the outdated look and technology of the MP line is going to be updated...?

Do MP series look like any of Yamaha keyboards?

Grow up, seriously.

And I take second to none in my admiration of Kawai - when they do something right.

As attested to by my ownership of their most expensive, top of the line at the time, CP205 and CP207 digital grand pianos...

The fact remains (to me and many others - and even more if they were honest) that the MP series is dated - in both looks and technology.

If you opinion differs, fine.

Looking to purchase: Kawai MP(12), or Kawai VPC(2), or something Yamaha...
Current: Yamaha Synthesizer
Previous: Kawai CP205, Kawai CP207, Yamaha Synthesizers
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Grow up, seriously.

And I take second to none in my admiration of Kawai - when they do something right.

As attested to by my ownership of their most expensive, top of the line at the time, CP205 and CP207 digital grand pianos...

The fact remains (to me and many others - and even more if they were honest) that the MP series is dated - in both looks and technology.

If you opinion differs, fine.

Your opinion for sure is not a fact. It's more like this:

[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]
VW is an easy punching bag.

However, in this case, blame should be targeted at the buyers of these monstrosities.

C
C
Hi all,
I've been reading this forum since 2017, but i became an officially member last year (on aprli's 2020).
First of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have learned a lot for you all, and i'll still learn a lot for shure.
My only request is for a detail that i need in order to build a wood stand for my (future) MP7SE, and the thing is: what are the total height from the table stand to the white keys in the MP7SE?.
Here's an example picture of what i'm meaning:
[Linked Image]

The picture is of an MP11SE, but i'm asking for the height of an MP7SE, which i don't know if its the same height ...

Thanks!.

C
C
Originally Posted by Cesarbcn
Hi all,
I've been reading this forum since 2017, but i became an officially member last year (on aprli's 2020).
First of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have learned a lot for you all, and i'll still learn a lot for shure.
My only request is for a detail that i need in order to build a wood stand for my (future) MP7SE, and the thing is: what are the total height from the table stand to the white keys in the MP7SE?.
Here's an example picture of what i'm meaning:
[Linked Image]

The picture is of an MP11SE, but i'm asking for the height of an MP7SE, which i don't know if its the same height ...

Thanks!.

Sorry for this. I don't know how can i edit my own post..
I meant I have learned a lot from you all....

M
M
Originally Posted by Cesarbcn

Cesarbcn, the MP7SE stands on four rubber pads. Including pads, the measurement you're looking for is ca. 11.5 cm, excluding pads it's ca. 10 cm. I hope that helps.

Adult beginner
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First digital piano - F-701 vs P515
by Sebeto - 06/19/21 09:52 AM
Why do great concert halls buy new?
by Ppianissimo - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Kawai MP11SE successor thoughts
by Quatschmacher - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Vintage Vibe piano
by adamcz - 06/19/21 08:40 AM
I can only play my own piano!
by spammy - 06/19/21 08:27 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,600
Posts3,105,107
Members101,856
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission