2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
61 members (c++, 36251, Ah Ku, adamcz, apianostudent, chaplincap, Beansparrow, Bostonmoores, 13 invisible), 1,362 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Does the compact version of the full CFX sound like the CFX lite? I recently got the full and honestly I don't find a big difference between the full and the compact, but maybe the compact is still better than the lite...
There are two versions of the Garritan CFX for sale (CFX Lite & CFX Concert Grand).

*The CFX Lite only has close Classical perspective mics (total of 1).
*The CFX Concert Grand add the ambient Classical perspective mics (and some additional contemporary & player mics for a total of 6).

Both offer a "compact" option that uses less computer resources (e.g. soft pedal "emulation" vs. samples).
- CFX Concert Grand (Max size 122GB disk space)
- CFX Concert Grand (Compact 25GB disk space)

- CFX Lite (Max size 22GB disk space)
- CFX Lite (Compact ?? GB disk space)

https://usermanuals.garritan.com/CF...tivation.htm?Highlight=release%20samples
https://www.garritan.com/products/cfx-concert-grand-virtual-piano/compare-cfx-lite/

D
dng Offline
D
Against my better judgement (based on online reviews) I placed an upgrade order via Proaudiostar hoping that I would get links and codes as quickly as MusicalDudeist. Sadly I was wrong to assume that and am now chasing to get the links and codes. Any advice from folks on how to best follow up with Proaudiostar?

2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Give them a call on 718 522 1071 as they are right in Crooklyn.

I can imagine all internet retailers are swamped so keep that in mind.

P
P
Originally Posted by dng
Against my better judgement (based on online reviews) I placed an upgrade order via Proaudiostar hoping that I would get links and codes as quickly as MusicalDudeist. Sadly I was wrong to assume that and am now chasing to get the links and codes. Any advice from folks on how to best follow up with Proaudiostar?

I'm in the exact same situation. Ordered on Saturday and have used their online chat a couple of times to politely enquire about my order status. According to the staff they've had some delays in sending out the software codes and are working to get them out soon.

2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I have seen the issue with vendors running out of Kontakt licenses for different virtual instruments, causing a delay of a few days. But I can't speak to the delay with ProAudioStar. I hope you get that sorted quickly.

D
dng Offline
D
Thanks. Called and got the same answer. Grr

P
P
Originally Posted by psyche23
Originally Posted by dng

I'm in the exact same situation. Ordered on Saturday and have used their online chat a couple of times to politely enquire about my order status. According to the staff they've had some delays in sending out the software codes and are working to get them out soon.

Well, I got an email from Proaudiostar this morning with the License numbers for the software and the link to the downloads page on Makemusic. So fingers crossed, dng, you'll get your email in due course.

To anyone thinking of purchasing CFX Lite + the upgrade to Full from them, yes $111 is a great deal but if you need it urgently it might be a good idea to give them a quick call before ordering just to confirm the issues at their end have all been sorted out.

D
dng Offline
D
Well surprise surprise. Unprompted, I just received a refund via amazonpay (used that as the payment method). Maybe they figured it wasn’t worth the hassle or the margin!

Originally Posted by dng
Well surprise surprise. Unprompted, I just received a refund via amazonpay (used that as the payment method). Maybe they figured it wasn’t worth the hassle or the margin!

Well, I'm glad you got your money back, but it's a shame that you had those delivery issues. It's weird that it's working for some folks and not for others. I'ver never ordered from ProAudioStar before so I didn't even know what to expect. I'll have to be more aware if I order from them in the future.

Nord Grand, Yamaha YDP-184, Nord Wave 2,
StudioLogic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX,
EWPianos QL, Noire/AK/Gentleman/Grandeur/Maverick,
Piano V2, Serum, TE OP-1.
D
dng Offline
D
Thanks. I immediately bought from sweet water where I bought CFx lite. Their customer service is phenomenal and were easy to reach when I had issues with Catalina install and helped me get in touch with the manufacturer immediately. Now having experienced the opposite end of the business, it seems clear to me that sweet water is a much better run operation.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Nanjing Schumann upright quality/reputation?
by Corvus - 08/05/21 10:13 PM
Cats and pianos
by MusterMark - 08/05/21 09:21 PM
Roland DP603 vs FP90
by MarkOfJohnson - 08/05/21 07:31 PM
Blue In Green sheet music
by buffaloskinner - 08/05/21 06:54 PM
Broken keys on all 3 new pianos
by ClapAris - 08/05/21 06:10 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,393
Posts3,119,523
Members102,334
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission