2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
94 members (anotherscott, benQF, Boboulus, Brendan, 36251, ambrozy, Bob Husband, Animisha, 15 invisible), 837 guests, and 654 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 79 of 162 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 161 162
P
P
If only we could find someone who tried that ergonomic bench.
Or perhaps it is possible to reproduce the effect for testing purposes by putting something under the back legs of a regular bench.

But now I want this chair. If not for piano, then perhaps for computer.

BTW, what about a less radically slanted bench, but still somewhat (very slightly) slanted.
It is advertised as:
"Anatomic sloped seat, designed to relieve the pressure on the lumbar back. It is suitable for students and professionals who spend many hours on the piano"
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Parkher; 11/15/20 08:27 AM.
P
P
Speaking about CA99 playing women (to stay on topic):
I looked up those "earth shoes". They seem to be the opposite to high heels.
If earth shoes are harmful, then high heals are healthy? Hard to believe.
But if so, lucky women!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Don't conclude that if X is bad then the opposite of X is good.

It's not an either-or situation. There's a quantitative continuum in between.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with flat seating surfaces. I sit on flat/horizontal chairs and benches all the time ... without problems.

So I don't feel any urge to try some newcomer's magic-wand miracle-cure invention.

P
P
Hi ca99user - your LCD looks really very bright - have you reduced the LCD Brightness ? I did it to the very min and it is not that nnoying anymore. Check the manual section 7.(1) - page 73. It is just a workaround - Kawai should fix the problem (honestly I doubt the will - it might be the design issue and not just a mattet of an software update - that was exactly the case for CA78/98 - I hope for the best but am prepated for the LCD to be shininig at my eyes...)

P
P
2more things:

Your smartphone-as-a-cover solution would sound even funny if not the fact that it shows how desperate we are about this crazy design flaw.

And YES - Kawai - at least pls fix the "awake" beavior pf the touchscreen - don't you people at Kawai have mobile phones? All we are asking for is to copy the standard behavior of a touchscreen... The first hit on a sleeping screen shoul just awake it! Don't treat it as a click because we cannot see what we are clicking at. Have the guys who designed the piano actually ever spend 30min in front of the piano? We are speaking here about first impressions - thing that you are discovering on the very first evenig playing our pianos!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My CA79 arrives TODAY!!!!!! laugh
Besides updating the firmware, anything else you guys recommend I check on it. Keeping my fingers crossed that is a good one.

Thanks!

Kawai CA79 Rosewood
*Young Chang Y185 6'-1" (gone)
*Baldwin Hamilton Studio '67 (gone)
*Young Chang Y150 (Del F design) (gone)
Had a CA99 for six weeks.

Touchscreen doesn't work, still waiting for a repair.

In the meantime, settings changes are painful at best as PianoRemote doesn't display correctly on my phone. Even when I can get to the settings, the piano device restarts with defaults each time. No recording functionality at the moment either - one of the reasons I bought the stupid thing.

Nice touch, nice sound, shame about the QC - surely there was a 'check the touchscreen' on the factory's list...

Disillusioned with Kawai and with digitals - can't wait for the day when I live somewhere I can have a real piano frown

I
I
Forgive me, but don't you forego all those digital conveniences like the ability to record by swapping for an acoustic?
You say you like the action and sound so why not just disregard the screen component and use it for its piano features as an alternative to a real piano?

Last edited by InspiredByKawai; 11/16/20 11:26 PM.
N
N
Well my CA97 arrived today. The shop assembled it and downloaded the firmware ready and then it was delivered by a proper piano removers, he was very careful getting it into the house and checked everything was working before he left. Very impressed with the service.
The piano bench which was included (Australia) was much better quality than the one that i tried in the store and would have been fine to use, but I paid an extra A$100 and got a better one as well, this also looks quality and is comfier, so still happy I bought it. There was also a pair of headphones thrown in which the store didn't even mention (Behringer HPM1000) nothing fancy but I'm not complaining.
The piano itself is a joy to play (Upgraded from 2nd hand Kawai ES100) I've had a stupid grin on my face all morning playing it. The action is fantastic and I've found the sound to be strong and clear,even on low volume.
I've checked all the keys and no issues so far and no buzzing from the speakers.
Loving it so far.

I would add about the next software needs a fix for an extra tap to wake the screen rather than applying a setting that you can't see. Seems a bit of a daft choice to me.

Proud owner of a new Kawai CA 79
D
D
Just bought the CA99 in Satin white. Will arrive before Xmas. I am so excited. I have no idea how to play the piano and will be starting from scratch. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.

N
N
Originally Posted by Drthotho
Just bought the CA99 in Satin white. Will arrive before Xmas. I am so excited. I have no idea how to play the piano and will be starting from scratch. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.

Good luck on your piano journey, remember to enjoy the journey and not worry to much about arriving at your destination ( goal )

Proud owner of a new Kawai CA 79
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
And this just arrived!
[Linked Image]
Excitement to the max laugh

Last edited by LGabrielPhoto; 11/17/20 05:23 PM.

Kawai CA79 Rosewood
Congrats. Can't wait to see it set-up!

Yamaha N1X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by OldTinho
Congrats. Can't wait to see it set-up!
I am dying to get it out of the box! 2 more hours to go to finish work and start the fun. Thanks!!! smile

Kawai CA79 Rosewood
Originally Posted by InspiredByKawai
Forgive me, but don't you forego all those digital conveniences like the ability to record by swapping for an acoustic?
You say you like the action and sound so why not just disregard the screen component and use it for its piano features as an alternative to a real piano?

Yes, I would forfeit the digital features with an acoustic piano, but I would have a real instrument smile

Meanwhile, I have none of the features and a soulless imitation of an instrument - the worst of both worlds.

It was an incredibly expensive (for me) item which I'd rewarded myself with for my commitment and progress. Whilst I'm sure others will have better luck and be very happy with theirs, my experience has not been a positive one and I believe that's worth sharing every bit as much as a picture of a box.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bill_k34

Yes, I would forfeit the digital features with an acoustic piano, but I would have a real instrument smile

Meanwhile, I have none of the features and a soulless imitation of an instrument - the worst of both worlds.

It was an incredibly expensive (for me) item which I'd rewarded myself with for my commitment and progress. Whilst I'm sure others will have better luck and be very happy with theirs, my experience has not been a positive one and I believe that's worth sharing every bit as much as a picture of a box.
Is that sad troll comment about the box photo, directed to me? Cause that is VERY douchey of you with such a passive-aggressive post. Hope your other 28 posts are not as good..
And you are getting an ACOUSTIC instrument not a "REAL" instrument. Just because one is not acoustic does not mean is not a REAL instrument.
If you need an instrument to put "soul" into what you are playing, start with the man in the mirror cause its the player NOT the instrument that takes care of that wink
Welcome to my ignored list.

Kawai CA79 Rosewood
G
G
Hi Folks, short question: Is this the the Firmeware 1.8 from April?

App also not yet patched?

Will there be a patch before release of the new models?

Thx

Galuwen

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Galuwen
Hi Folks, short question: Is this the the Firmeware 1.8 from April?

App also not yet patched?

Will there be a patch before release of the new models?

Thx

Galuwen
I have 108 and 106 for the LCD to install today. But I wouldn't mind getting confirmation from someone else smile

Last edited by LGabrielPhoto; 11/17/20 06:46 PM.

Kawai CA79 Rosewood
Originally Posted by LGabrielPhoto
Originally Posted by bill_k34

Is that sad troll comment about the box photo, directed to me? Cause that is VERY douchey of you with such a passive-aggressive post. Hope your other 28 posts are not as good..
And you are getting an ACOUSTIC instrument not a "REAL" instrument. Just because one is not acoustic does not mean is not a REAL instrument.
If you need an instrument to put "soul" into what you are playing, start with the man in the mirror cause its the player NOT the instrument that takes care of that wink
Welcome to my ignored list.

No, it wasn't directed at you. Nice box though, since you mention it.

A piano is a stringed instrument - my Kawai has no strings - my Kawai is not a piano.

I didn't say my playing was soulless, I said the Kawai was. Nature of the beast. The only reason I know mine to be mine is that the touchscreen is gubbed, there's some real digital character.

I
I
A lot of people would refute that. Kawai have done an excellent job at capturing the subtle and intricate nuances of the stringed instrument shigeru concert grand.
Personally I'd rather have a high quality sample of a beautiful sounding 9 footer than a limited more out of tune honky tonk sound of an upright. Kawai uprights are nice but can't compete with the sound of a grand.

Last edited by InspiredByKawai; 11/18/20 12:03 AM.
Page 79 of 162 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 161 162

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Selling Hammond D100 (think B3) Organ & Leslie HL722!
---------------------
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yundi Li arrested
by Sidokar - 10/26/21 05:36 AM
A thought experiment
by cygnusdei - 10/26/21 03:58 AM
Modern U where is the sample folder located?
by MooganDavid - 10/25/21 11:33 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,749
Posts3,142,129
Members103,118
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission