2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
59 members (APianistHasNoName, Coda9, adamjh, Ampersand, ClapAris, anotherscott, computerpro3, 13 invisible), 1,299 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
Originally Posted by Doug M.
Originally Posted by U3piano
Ill grab my popcorn and enjoy this one. smile

I don't think you'll have enough popcorn.
Want to join me in a bulk purchase to last through this?

If you (and others) join him a pick some of his popcorn... we will surely not have enough popcorn....

Originally Posted by U3piano
Ill grab my popcorn and enjoy this one. smile

I don't think you'll have enough popcorn.
Want to join me in a bulk purchase to last through this?[/quote]

If you (and others) join him a pick some of his popcorn... we will surely not have enough popcorn....[/quote]

OK, so I rang world-popcorn-supplies.com and asked what current stocks are like. Apparently there is a world shortage due to Covid-19 and some guy who ordered loads for a sit-in protest that is due to continue to the 20 th January...

Sorry guys, you're gonna have to agree that Pianoteq exists in a state of quantum superposition: ie, it is both awesome, awful and all flavours in between and that in some universe, MacMacMac has already reached critical mass (according to the Many Worlds Hypothesis of QM).

Last edited by Doug M.; 11/13/20 04:14 AM.

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7SE; Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
So Schrodinger has traded in his cat for a piano?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Quantum computing without a quantum computer ?

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Del Vento
Originally Posted by magicpiano
The good thing about Pianoteq is that it sounds so clean and precise that you think it doesn't exist a single acoustic piano in this world that sounds so clean and precise.

The bad thing about Pianoteq is that it sounds so clean and precise that you think it doesn't exist a single acoustic piano in this world that sounds so clean and precise.

That is not true. Sounding so precise is not a good thing at all.
IMHO sounding clean and precise (but not monotonous!) is very good to learn to play piano, because you can distinguish very well every single note, dynamic levels, etc., and that's very nice especially when you're learning a new piece.
And it's not bad either because you can actually "age" the tuning with the slider on the bottom, which solves this problem.
Well... Not in my case. Actually I can feel the cleaness and precision of Pianoteq even if you set that slider to the far right. laugh
But it does not solve the fact that (until v6) the sound is somewhat "plasticky" (again, for lack of better word - someone once on this forum had the right one, but I forgot what it was).
Maybe this could be solved if you connect the sound output of Pianoteq to some transducers connected to a real soundboard.
So in conclusion, I'll give it a try and report here what I think compared to the earlier version, even though it sounds like nobody cares and this forum exist only to reinforce known memes....
...or maybe it's just that Pianoteq 7 is not the great improvement that many expected. It's a good product, but I was expecting something more from a new major version (personally I don't care for layering and things like that... I just care for piano sound).

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
So Schrodinger has traded in his cat for a piano?

I think we can assume that such an intelligent person would own both 😉

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7SE; Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
I'm upgrading even only for changed Steinway D sound:
https://youtu.be/oBMwI-uGV_I
It seems it finally sounds as it should've. I'll judge myself when I get it.

Originally Posted by dmd
The term "critical mass" when used in the context of nuclear fission is the quantity of mass needed to maintain nuclear fission with no additional material added to the process.

In finance, we speak of it as the quantity of funds invested so that the return on that investment is likely to continue to grow even as you utilize a portion of those funds for living expenses with your life style.

It now appears to me that the product Pianoteq has reached critical mass in terms of having a product that will continue to improve and appeal to a greater and greater number of users from this moment on.

I believe the quality of the product is now at a level to be competitive with other VSTs and has a base sound that is so appealing that it will be given strong consideration as a substitute sound for an acoustic piano.

I have owned the PRO product from day 1 of the evolution of Pianoteq and while it was "interesting" to start, I never (until now) stayed with using it for long.

Now .... I find it just a beautiful sound and with the additional "pianos" and processes like "layering" and "morphing" it feels like I am in a room with hundreds of beautiful pianos and can take my pick of any to play on for the moment.

I just cannot praise Pianoteq (Version 7) highly enough.

In my opinion .... it is now a solid product that will soar in the world of VSTs.

+1.

Nord Grand, Yamaha YDP-184, Nord Wave 2,
StudioLogic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX,
EWPianos QL, Noire/AK/Gentleman/Grandeur/Maverick,
Piano V2, Serum, TE OP-1.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I joined the party. Bit late, I know. Only to be expected at my age.
D/l version 7 Standard (I currently run Stage, v6.7) and am mightily impressed. Tried previously, Stage 6, but not for me.
This newer incarnation has a greatly improved Petrof, which sounds lovely. Therer's so many great presets which is what I like.
But best of all is the 88 note volume control, which goes up as well as down. It makes a huge difference.
Had to use a 11inch Windows 10 Lenova Ideapad, and on battery power it was faultless.
Won't perform on Windows Vista.
96 euros will get me this upgrade. . . . .Dammit, what's not to like?

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
EPW Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Dammit, what's not to like?

Well for some, that it is Modeled crazy

Sorry I had to do it before Pete14 did laugh

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EPW
Dammit, what's not to like?

Well for some, that it is Modeled crazy

Sorry I had to do it before Pete14 did laugh

Y'know, I have this gut feeling even Mac'll start to thaw . . . . just a little at first.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
I have a timeline for this putative thaw ...
Originally Posted by peterws
Y'know, I have this gut feeling even Mac'll start to thaw . . . . just a little at first.

[Linked Image]

E
EPW Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Hey MacMacMac you know it could be sooner then you think. The Cubs did win a World Series LOL

Sure ... but the Cubs know how to play baseball. Meanwhile, Pianoteq knows how to ... annoy. smile
Originally Posted by EPW
Hey MacMacMac you know it could be sooner then you think. The Cubs did win a World Series LOL
Also, keep in mind that it took nearly a century for the Cubs. So perhaps he*l will freeze and Pianoteq will succeed ... in about a century. smile

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
I downloaded the demo. I prefer clarity and immediacy. The D and Bosendorfer have that. There was one metallic note in the bass. Otherwise, for $39 you get two quite good emulations and they were fun to play. No opportunity to try the morphing, tho.

Jazz at www.newartistsrecords.com. Search Michael Levy. Use Safari for free tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070 for jazz, classical, world, rock tracks Albums on Bandcamp: https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/music
Kawai ES8, Casio PXS3000
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
I was under the impression that BallsandDorfer was not part of the Pianoteq roster!

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
I am new to Pianoteq, This comparison, if you read the comments is not fair. But the version 7 does sound better, IMO, than 6.
https://youtu.be/oBMwI-uGV_I

Jazz at www.newartistsrecords.com. Search Michael Levy. Use Safari for free tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070 for jazz, classical, world, rock tracks Albums on Bandcamp: https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/music
Kawai ES8, Casio PXS3000
E
EPW Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Sure ... but the Cubs know how to play baseball. Meanwhile, Pianoteq knows how to ... annoy. smile
Originally Posted by EPW
Also, keep in mind that it took nearly a century for the Cubs. So perhaps he*l will freeze and Pianoteq will succeed ... in about a century. smile

It was 108 years for the Cubs. So everyone hang in there according to MacMacMac this is how long it will take Pianoteq to become usable laugh

E
EPW Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Pete14
I was under the impression that BallsandDorfer was not part of the Pianoteq roster!

I think those are hidden in the Victoria era Pianos when everyone pretended to act all Prim and Proper. You have to right click on the magical one to reveal the BallsandDorfer hidden Gem as they call it. Or maybe not!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In Pianoteq there is a "Besendorfer" in one of the "Historical instruments" packs. It is a model of an instrument from 1829. Other than that, there are no Bösendorfers in Pianoteq. Some people have created presets from other instruments with the Bösendorfer sound in mind, and named them as such.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Surely, the historical pack must include a BoozeandDorfer?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Nanjing Schumann upright quality/reputation?
by Corvus - 08/05/21 10:13 PM
Cats and pianos
by MusterMark - 08/05/21 09:21 PM
Roland DP603 vs FP90
by MarkOfJohnson - 08/05/21 07:31 PM
Blue In Green sheet music
by buffaloskinner - 08/05/21 06:54 PM
Broken keys on all 3 new pianos
by ClapAris - 08/05/21 06:10 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,394
Posts3,119,531
Members102,334
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission