2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
41 members (Dfrankjazz, cygnusdei, Ben_NZ, drumour, Alfred La Fleur, Boboulus, Dave Horne, beeboss, choppin, 10 invisible), 776 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 91 of 99 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 98 99
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Pianoria
Have you checked musicnotes.com? They have an easy piano arrangement of Bella’s Lullaby. The good news is that you can view as well as listen prior to purchase.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment

Thanks for sharing! I just saved it as my playlist now smile got the book too!

I remember I read somewhere that Faber Piano Literature Book series are also in original form?

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
2. (taking a break) The Ants Came Marching, Page 26, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
P
P
Originally Posted by dogperson
Pianoria
Have you checked musicnotes.com? They have an easy piano arrangement of Bella’s Lullaby. The good news is that you can view as well as listen prior to purchase.

I've actually found easy arrangements via Youtube (which does link to a version on musicnotes.com), but I'm going to transcribe the sheet music out for myself instead via MuseScore. I'm used to doing that anyway. I prefer to buy books rather than individual sheet music.

I did find a Russian website that has a lot of sheet music, usually tabs or copies out of Hal Leonard books. sheets-piano.ru if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
I remember I read somewhere that Faber Piano Literature Book series are also in original form?

They also have a series of Sonatina selections from Level 3 onwards, all in original forms. Pretty good starter selections to guide us.

Just finished Unit 2! yippie Got the Brahms fairly smooth. Now onto Sloop John B and Beyer exercise 96!

Learning piano on: Yamaha CLP 685
Working on: Adult Piano Adventures Book 2 - Faber
Dozen a Day Book 1 - Burnam
The Virtuoso Pianist Book 1 - Hanon
Vorschule im Klavierspiel Op. 101 - Beyer
Bella's Lullaby - Carter Burwell
C
C
HI Chili_Time

Happy Birthday for this week. i hope you get the book and CD you asked for

Working on Faber Adult Piano Adventures AIO Book 2 Unit 3

Playing on a Rolands HP 505 Digital Piano
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Hello. I am coming back to learning piano after a pretty long break. I am not a beginner but wanted to start back with fundamentals. As I do better with a plan I got the Faber Adult Piano Adventures All In One Book 2, Hanon -Faber The New Virtuoso Pianist, and Faber Artist Piano Sonatinas Book 1.

I am excited to start and work through these books along with other Faber songs from their Fun Time, Chord Time and other similar series. I found the Hanon videos on wrist circles very helpful as I feel I have always lacked good hand position and control. Maybe due to having started with organ as a kid where arm weight and hand position wasn't as critical to producing a pleasant sound. Has anyone else used the Hanon Faber book? Thoughts?

I plan on recording my journey through the books I mentioned above and other supplemental pieces from the Faber line.

Would be interested in hearing others recordings from this series as well. I'm working my way through past posts and enjoy reading and learning from others.

Originally Posted by ZoeCalgary
I plan on recording my journey through the books I mentioned above and other supplemental pieces from the Faber line.

Welcome back! I myself has stopped many times... this time around, I have been sticking to Faber for a year now... thanks to this thread! I'm looking forward to your recordings!

As for my progress, I just started 3B, here is my first review piece: Rage Over a Lost Penny. My understanding is that 3B is all about speed... so I anticipated I'll be on this book for a year...

Happy pianoing to everyone!

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
2. (taking a break) The Ants Came Marching, Page 26, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Hi Wish4Thing, thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes I have had a few restarts myself. I think once I establish a routine for practicing and getting rid of the rustiness I will be back on my way. I couldn't believe how rusty I sounded testing recording myself from my phone the other day. YIKES. Though I can feel and hear obvious errors while playing hearing a recording goes a long way to trying to get things sounding more musical, soft, loud; etc. I got some tips in another thread on recording that I need to try out.

Your recording was great! Good job. What do you use to record yourself?
What are your favorite Faber pieces so far?

Hi ZoeCalgary, sounds like you are completely ready for a big comeback to piano! How exciting!

My approach to piano learning now is not to push myself too hard, just take it easy. 3A took me about 10 months (45 songs total), I enjoyed the whole journey.

Thanks for listening to the recording! I use a phone app called "Easy Voice Recorder", free and not fancy, but good enough for me so I know where to adjust to play softer or louder...

I enjoy Faber mainly due to the music arrangements, easy enough so I don't feel frustrated yet interesting. I just completed 3A, now I look back, I personally like Novela, Fanfare Minuet, Malagueña, The Fly's Adventure and Vivace (Vivace is a breakthrough for me in terms of fast speed playing) in the performance book; Sonatina in C from the lesson book; Jingle Bell Boogie and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy in Christmas book.

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Hi Wish4Thing, happy October 1st to you.

I am so so ready to come back to piano. Had a good practice session yesterday and hoping for another today.

I downloaded the app to my phone and got much better results than my default phone recorder. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to get a clean take of at least one piece and then share it.

I don't recognize some of your favorites but one of my all time favorites is Malaguena. So much so I bought the original sheets a few years ago. Unfortunately it is way over my skill and ability. Light years perhaps! Haha. I look forward to playing a more reasonable version in the months ahead.

C
C
Originally Posted by ZoeCalgary

Welcome back! I myself has stopped many times... this time around, I have been sticking to Faber for a year now... thanks to this thread! I'm looking forward to your recordings!

As for my progress, I just started 3B, here is my first review piece: Rage Over a Lost Penny. My understanding is that 3B is all about speed... so I anticipated I'll be on this book for a year...

Happy pianoing to everyone!

@Wish - That's a lot cleaner than I can play Rage Over a Lost Penny. Well Done!
My progress in 3b is so slow. I'm having fun but this book is going to be on my piano for a long time!

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
Thank you Chili_Time for the encouragement as always!

Yes, having fun is the ultimate goal, it doesn't matter which level of the book we are on!

I have "FunTime Ragtime & Marches" too, I'm thinking to give it a try after 3B and before level 4...

have a great weekend!

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
C
C
Thank you Chili_Time for the encouragement as always!

Yes, having fun is the ultimate goal, it doesn't matter which level of the book we are on!

I have "FunTime Ragtime & Marches" too, I'm thinking to give it a try after 3B and before level 4...

have a great weekend!

"FunTime Ragtime & Marches" is a fun book. I only learned the ragtime pieces but really thought I got my money's worth and they are a part of the rotation in my daily fun time warm up.

I am finding 3b hard so I mostly focus on those books now. I can get about 90% of what I and my teacher are looking for on a piece but that last 10% is elusive.

Normal person: drops penny down sewer, shrugs and moves on
Beethoven: drops penny, gets mad and stomps on ground, nearly breaks foot, writes 12 page piece
LOL check out the original form of "Rage Over a Lost Penny"! That is so hard and fast !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFMZs_7nOA

Last edited by Chili_Time; 10/04/20 04:44 PM.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
C
C
I am in awe of this girl's playing!

Last edited by Chili_Time; 10/04/20 04:52 PM.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Chili_Time
I am finding 3b hard so I mostly focus on those books now. I can get about 90% of what I and my teacher are looking for on a piece but that last 10% is elusive.

I think the OP of this thread also mentioned 3B is even harder than 4... so yeah, I plan to spend long time on this one as well.

Originally Posted by Chili_Time
Normal person: drops penny down sewer, shrugs and moves on
Beethoven: drops penny, gets mad and stomps on ground, nearly breaks foot, writes 12 page piece
LOL check out the original form of "Rage Over a Lost Penny"! That is so hard and fast !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFMZs_7nOA
laugh I listened to almost all the versions on youtube... grin This is another reason I like about Faber, it introduced me to all kinds of music, classical, traditional, boogie/jazz/ragtime etc, I then go on youtube or wiki to study origin of these pieces, very interesting music education for me.

I did noticed 3B has more songs by Nancy Faber though

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
P
P
It's so rewarding to be able to play simple versions of famous melodies! My mam always asks me to play O Sole Mio for her whenever she sees me at the piano. I was pretty happy that I could manage most of the harder version of Lion Sleeps Tonight after playing the version from Book 1.

I deliberately stopped viewing child performer videos as it hurts my self esteem! I get jealous from child prodigies.

I'm back at university now (from home, restrictions have increased here again) so I'm trying to practise up to an hour a day when I can. Stuck on a few bars of Beyer 96 but it's nearly there!

Last edited by pianorla; 10/05/20 08:36 AM.

Learning piano on: Yamaha CLP 685
Working on: Adult Piano Adventures Book 2 - Faber
Dozen a Day Book 1 - Burnam
The Virtuoso Pianist Book 1 - Hanon
Vorschule im Klavierspiel Op. 101 - Beyer
Bella's Lullaby - Carter Burwell
C
C
Hi pianoria

I agree it is rewarding to be able to play simple versions of some familiar pieces.

Im current on perfecting O so Mia . I thought this unit would be difficult to learn with getting used to playing the pedal but have found it a lot better than I originally thought . Have just started on unit 3 and for unit 2 can play them all ok but just need further work to perfect them .

I have not been practicing much the last few weeks as have been recovering from getting Covid 19 . I thought it was just a cold i had picked up a first but a randon swab test confirmed positive and symptoms got worse before better.
I have been concered that i had been really cafeful with wearing masks everywhere we went and gelling my hands or washing them and yet still managed to get it.

So take care if back at Uni, you proberbly have heard, In the north of England there is a large number of students catching it and whislt it can be mild for some people for others its a lot more serious. Hope you studies go well considering the circumstanes and that they don't get too disrupted.

pianorla, yeah, if I can play anything that sounds musical, I'm happy grin

CognitaP, sending you warm wishes for a speedy recovery 3hearts

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
C
C
Hi Wish4_Thing

Thank you for your best wishes.

Have listened to your recording of "Rage over a lost penny" It is excellent.

You have the speed with the fast notes in right hand perfect to my ears and the whole piece is played with good dynamics.

From when you first started to post your recordings to now I can hear the difference in your playing . You have clearly worked very hard and its paying of . The sound quality of you playing has improved together with your technical ability to play such a piece like this.

Congratulations.

awwww, thank you, CognitaP! I'd like to think I made some improvement over a year of going through 2 Faber levels... I know my left hand still sounds clumsy, hoping it will improve over next year... Thank you for the encouragement!

I hope you feel better by now! All the people I know who got COVID-19 have recovered nicely. You will beat it too!

Currently
1. Beyer Op. 101
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
C
C
hi Wish4_Thing

Yes more or less recovered. Fortunately I had a mild version of it, so able to get over it.That said it has left me feeling a lot more tired and headachy. The advantage of self learning means that I can pace my practicing to when I don't feel tired. I am good at self motivation so not a problem going at my own pace.

Re your left hand It did not sound clumsy to me but I'm sure you will achieve what you want over the next year.

Page 91 of 99 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 98 99

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain Pedal Use
by john fh - 09/25/21 02:13 AM
Insulted a Kawai salesman with straight talk
by Cristofori - 09/25/21 01:37 AM
Berg Sieben Früher Lieder and more
by MinscAndBoo - 09/24/21 08:47 PM
Free Books
by Larry Fine - 09/24/21 07:18 PM
Need help finding a piece (Streabbog?)
by cygnusdei - 09/24/21 06:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,282
Posts3,134,982
Members102,816
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission