2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,338 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 116 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 115 116
T
T
Originally Posted by Otavio

I really liked what i hear, sound less boxy than previous generations.
Now you’re gonna hear the piano Mozart used to play [plays Beethoven’s “Für Elise”] I mean, the general public barely makes a difference between Mozart and Beethoven but in my opinion this is a really bad demo.

A
A
Originally Posted by JackQ89
Originally Posted by Pete14
Originally Posted by JackQ89
How long is the grandtouch on CLP 700 comapred to the 600 series?

https://youtu.be/CmUh9MTY4Yo
I don't speak japanese.. I will glad for some translations, subtitles, thanks

I understood 'Grand Piano' several times..

Yamaha N3
(ex Clavinova CLP-175)
O
O
Finally, a review:

Clp 735/745/765gp review

O
O
" As with all brands, Yamaha uses some "marketing" terminology in trying to promote these new pianos as the "perfect" digital pianos...and while they do have some notable improvements in them, they are not perfect....but no digital piano out there is perfect when it comes to replicating the playing experience of a real acoustic piano. However, with the improvements in the key action for the 3 piano models that we are talking about here, this is the first time in many, many years that Yamaha has made any significant changes at all in the key action so this is definitely a big step for them."

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I just noticed Yamaha doubled the Wattage from 25 (645) to 50 (745); however, the speaker size and quantity (4) remains the same.

Other than loudness, how can the higher wattage improve on the overall sound quality/dispersion, etc?

Yamaha claims to have ‘repositioned’ the speakers for the new models, but I wonder just how much repositioning can be done with four speakers tucked into a somewhat large cabinet?

Perhaps the speaker ‘repositioning’ is only for the upper models with 6/7 speakers?

O
O
775 had upgraded wattage too.
785, not.

All models have this new speaker placemente layout but 775/785 have transducers too.

I believe that this new "more open" sound in these clavinovas means that, probably, a vst will sound better trought internal speakers than previous models.
Thats really exciting since its hard to get the vst sounds good trough internal speaker, they always sound boxy and muffled
Lets see!!!

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, let’s wait and see; hopefully this all translates into something real and not just empty rhetoric from Yamaha.

T
T
What is the purpose of the transducers? Do they just create a physical vibration? And I don't understand the wattage either. How can you have a 300 watt sound system powered by a 60 watt AC adapter?

Instruments at Home or Office | Pianos: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-795, Wurlitzer baby grand, Winter & Co. baby grand, Everett studio | Keyboards: Korg Grandstage, Roland Fantom, Yamaha PSR-275 | Organ: Lowrey Prestige
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I’m also curious about the transducer(s). it seems like it will both vibrate and create some sort of ambient sound. Yamaha lists the transducer(s) alongside the speakers; this is why I believe it’ll be used for more than just good vibrations. But I may be wrong, so we’ll have to wait and see.

O
O

Oh my heart I want a CLP-775 sooo very bad. I might wait in line at my local shop once they finally receive their shipment sometimes before the end of the year hopefully.

P-515
CLP-785
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
That guy in video is too enthusiastic and I never trust that, also he's on about how tight availability will be... Don't make me laugh. You'll always be able to get one, they order it if not in stock anyway, like its going to be difficult to get one, digital pianos don't sell like hotcakes anywhere in the world.

Originally Posted by mwf
That guy in video is too enthusiastic and I never trust that, also he's on about how tight availability will be... Don't make me laugh. You'll always be able to get one, they order it if not in stock anyway, like its going to be difficult to get one, digital pianos don't sell like hotcakes anywhere in the world.

I don't know man. With the Covid situation there is already heavy delays in shipment. Not sure when and how many the distributors will get in different Countries / Regions. My local shop told me to expect nothing before the end of October at the earliest. And then there is the question of the color choice. Ash White might be a color to go for this time. Or perhaps Dark Rosewood. I'm not that sure you'll be able to just go to the brick and mortar and come back home right away with a new CLP-700.

P-515
CLP-785
T
T
The CLP 775 sounds really good. It definitely seems better than the 745, although it's hard to gauge how good the 745 is based off the videos we've had posted so far. The superior sound is mostly due to the speaker system though, right? Would it be fair to think that the different 700 series models will sound the same over headphones and through WAV recordings? I didn't see any other hidden "sound processing" feature when comparing specs, so I'm assuming that their core sound engine/samples will be the same.

Last edited by Tozen; 09/03/20 02:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Tozen
The CLP 775 sounds really good. It definitely seems better than the 745, although it's hard to gauge how good the 745 is based off the videos we've had posted so far. The superior sound is mostly due to the speaker system though, right? Would it be fair to think that the different 700 series models will sound the same over headphones and through WAV recordings? I didn't see any other hidden "sound processing" feature when comparing specs, so I'm assuming that their core sound engine/samples will be the same.

Correct. If you are primarly playing with headphones, the upgraded speakers of the 775 aren't really a reason to upgrade from the 745. Technically, the sound comming out of the headphones should be the same. They share the same sampling and the sames voices.

However, there are other upgrades from the 745 to the 775. The action is much different for a start.
Than you have the control panel that is a nice upgrade with touch capacitive screen and it also blends with the DP much better.
Also the damper pedal is upgraded.

I might be missing some things.

P-515
CLP-785
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
It seems like the 775 will not be available in the USA.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by mareg
Correct. If you are primarly playing with headphones, the upgraded speakers of the 775 aren't really a reason to upgrade from the 745. Technically, the sound comming out of the headphones should be the same. They share the same sampling and the sames voices.

However, there are other upgrades from the 745 to the 775. The action is much different for a start.
Than you have the control panel that is a nice upgrade with touch capacitive screen and it also blends with the DP much better.
Also the damper pedal is upgraded.

I might be missing some things.
The cabinet is also slightly higher due to the added speakers facing the player. Hence, the music rest too, which makes reading sheet music a little easier.

Originally Posted by Pete14
It seems like the 775 will not be available in the USA.
Wow you are right ! I had assumed all of North America would have the same linup. Here in Canada, we get all the CLP 700 models. At least acording to the official Canadian Yamaha website and my local shop. I wonder why USA gets the shaft ? A conspiracy theory would be that there is very little difference between the 70 and 80 for this particular line of Clavinovas. And the price difference is quite considerable. I mean, spruce cone speakers and conterweights ? Are they really worth more than a 1000 bucks ?

CLP 775B is 4 199,00$ CAD
CLP 785B is 5 199,00$ CAD

When you factor the taxes (15%) in my state(province), it is a lot more costly.

Last edited by mareg; 09/03/20 06:32 PM.

P-515
CLP-785
G
G
Dang, Pete! For a second I thought you were being facetious again, but it appears you're right! That's pretty wild and doesn't seem to make sense. Unless it's coming later? But even the official website doesn't include it. Weird.

I don't know if it's true for places in Canada, but you can buy from places in the USA and avoid the tax depending on where you live/have it shipped to. (The Piano Guys store and Faust Harrison come to mind) So that can somewhat mitigate damages, as it were. But the point still stands. A pretty big leap from the 745 to the 785 pricewise.

T
T
Well, that’s a much better presentation, though the sound of the piano has clearly not been recorded through the iPhone’s microphone. For one thing he’s right - one should go to the store and play it. I got the 575and I regret it - the instrument has crucial shortcomings - dull sounding speakers, heavy keyboard, distorted piano samples (it sounds distorted even on recordings). If they’ve fixed these problems in the new models I may go for it. Things to check:
- keyboard playability
- distorted piano samples
- how the speakers sound when playing (for example) Lady Gaga over bluetooth.

Page 27 of 116 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission