2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic Quite clean nice recording .played very beautiful , didn't notice any flaw . Your Brhringer C2 pair worked wonderful, I'm more convinced that I need to use external mic pairs. I just ordered one called "mxl cr21", hope can get similar good result . regarding to your exp " 1050 hours " . Assume 3 hours a day , 15 hours a week, 60/month, 720/y, then you just learnt piano for 1.5 years. Impressive .

42. Greta99 - Sonata in E minor, H.XVI No.34 - 3. Vivace molto My favorite of this recital ! Your delicate articulation and gently tempo is so amazing . People should put Brendel's faster version with yours together , 2 best versions but in slightly different moods .

43. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 2. movement good job , looking forward for 3rd mov .

44. Purrblast - Sostenuto (KK IVb No. 10) nice playing .

45. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Nocturne in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1 This is a very hard piece . At the beginning and latter section you played excellently . But in the middle climax section, a tiny unevenness would ruin the whole feeling . It's kind like a guy running on the melting thin ice .Not only need to hurry, but also steady .a tiny mistake would fall into water . My feeling on your recording of this section is ....... S O S.... . But overally, it's rewarding to record this piece .

46. dumka1 - Arabesque 1 excellent fluency .

47. Brian Moore - Minuet, French Suite 6 good recording with some flaws . I think you can play much fluent after fully memorized the score .

48. Tubbie0075 - Sonata in B minor Kp. 377 Flawless performance .

49. jotur/Cathy Turner - Creole Belles not fan of rag, no comment .

50. Ralphiano - Musette in D Major excellent performance ,clean ,even . though the melody seems too childish to my taste . not fan of its composer .

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This skill level in this recital is ,,,intimidating....at the least!
More

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing Well played and certainly puts one in the spirit of a state of freedom to long for. Good acoustic recording too. Really good for an acoustic.- Almost sounds direct line to a recorder.

12. Animisha - Morning Glories Beautiful video and playing , enjoyed the piece .

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By Super video -recording and playing ! . nice piece. [A little surprised it passed copywrite on YT.]

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin Nice . played well and dynamic recording .

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 Regal kind of romantic feeling from this piece. Like I'd hear it in a cathedral? Or... in a more vaulted environment. Enjoyed this, to me an excellent performance and emotively moving ... I know I wouldn't be apt to hear it otherwise, than on here - pianoworld. TY

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) Played very well , I noticed you made a crescendo [played it louder] at the very end of the piece; I used to do that more when I began piano until someone told me that pieces usually get softer at the end unless there are dynamics to indicate otherwise. [some Chopin pieces are the only I've seen] but I'm not exposed to alot being self taught . Still good job. Excellent!

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki Super playing , a fast moving piece , enjoyed it. Good recording and video.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1) good recording and playing of acoustic.. Definite style . Enjoyed the listening.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 OKay I'm suing cuz I did this too, before! Well done- enjoyed the listening.. Actually nice and smooth but there are versions with sustain pedal and alot of styles to play this on youtube. I wouldn't discard it now... that you've learned it, but check those out and see if you'd want to mimic those styles.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) Wow what an ambience to the video and music. Enchanting and romantic .. Beautiful playing ......

51. Tyrone Slothrop - La Caroline, Wq. 117/39, H. 98 Audio is a bit noisy . your performance is good for your experience .

52. Qwerty53 - Sentimental Waltz, no. 6 from Valses Poeticos Good music. Clean sound .Good skill for your experience .

53. winterflower - escapes/escapades not fan of this piece ,no comment .

54. BingoDingo - Prelude No. 22 in G Minor, Op. 87 Nice playing . Audio is fine most of the part . great achievement for only 6 week experience .

55. Sam S - Sonata K1Listened multiple times on YouTube , the harpsichord's sound so amazing .You played very even . From the start to around 1 min, flawless, the latter half , small flaws came in. But it doesn't downgrade the overall experience at all . Great thanks for your hardworking to make this recital happen .

A
A
Originally Posted by KevinM
27. Amy H - Letting It Go
Last recital, you introduced me to Alexis Ffrench, this time it is Peter Bence and it is beautiful and you have played it wonderfully with such sureness of touch and timing. You are fully in control.

Originally Posted by Flygbladet
27. Amy H - Letting It Go (to do) Sometimes I can with ease imagine that I do indeed listen to a professional recording of a song. Yours was one. You seem to know this one so well as your fingers just play the tunes and could put all your effort on doing the phrasing and thinking about the feeling of the song. Good work. Havent heard the original but I am satisfied with your version.

Originally Posted by SMA55
27. Amy H - Letting It Go
I enjoyed your performance. You played this piece well and with confidence.

Originally Posted by Pianist685
27 AmyH – Letting it go (Peter Bence) I just read Peter Bence holds the Guinness world record for being the fastest piano player in the world. Haha, is he able to play Chopin’s minute waltz in 10 seconds or so? From the small video sequences on his website I would say he is definitely a showman in every way. Your rendition of “Letting it go” is perfect, I cannot imagine Peter is playing it any better.

Thank you all for you lovely comments! It's not perfect my any means; it's quite a difficult piece to bring to life with emotions and dynamics...maybe it needs to be played on an acoustic piano! I absolutely love this piece, the rest of his music is just out of my league completely!! :-)

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Amy H
29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 - Interesting piece. There are many surprising phrases in this piece - it’s almost a bit mismatched. Well played though!!

Thanks! Yes two composers, that's bound to give some mismatch. Or are you referring to mismatches INSIDE each of the two parts?

Originally Posted by Qwerty53
29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822
I admire your creativity in selecting an alternative to the original Fugue; I hope neither Wolfie nor Carl will rise up and smite you for your audacity! The Prelude is one of the pieces that proves me wrong every time I think I don’t like Mozart; it is fantastic. The Czerny Fugue is an interesting choice; a real change of mood.
Well Wolfie probably would even be surprised that his unfinished piece survived at all, and Czerny ment his piece to be an etude, so I guess both are honoured :-) Nice to hear that you like Mozart more than you thought

Originally Posted by Gary001

Nice playing and I found your comments on this piece quite interesting, thanks for taking the time to provide the extra information.

Good to hear, thank you

Originally Posted by selfishplayer
29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 nice piece, nicely played .

Thanks!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted by selfishplayer
41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic Quite clean nice recording .played very beautiful , didn't notice any flaw . Your Brhringer C2 pair worked wonderful, I'm more convinced that I need to use external mic pairs. I just ordered one called "mxl cr21", hope can get similar good result . regarding to your exp " 1050 hours " . Assume 3 hours a day , 15 hours a week, 60/month, 720/y, then you just learnt piano for 1.5 years. Impressive .

It's less impressive as you failed to account for my lazyness smile

I practiced quite well for the first year, about 30 minutes a day eventually progressing to 60 and then things became more hit and miss. I then moved to learning the guitar for a few years before coming back to the piano and regular practice.

All told it's just over 1000 hours spread over 2008-2010 and 2019-2020 with irregular playing in between. 19/20 I've practiced far more regular recently though, roughly 1 hour each day. I think that's helped my progress and that in turn has helped with motivation too.

Regarding mics, I think external are worth it, although I have no real experience with any other brands. I bought the C2's as they came recommended to me as a good quality pair yet at a quite cheap cost too. Whatever mic you do use, it's worth experimenting with placement a fair bit, it seems a bit of an artform in itself to get something you're happy with. I'm still not quite sure I've found the sweet spot yet.

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W

Mozart Prelude, well played, capturing really well the change of moods and you are always in control of what you are playing.
Czerny Fuga, once again well played. Though i do feel a bit of a disconnect between these two pieces.

Kevin, thanks for your comments and nice that you liked it. Can you clarify that disconnect abit more? I mean, obviously there is a jump to another composer, but you are probably referring to something else.

Originally Posted by Flygbladet
Anothet really long åreformance. It is hard to keep it good and consistent for 9 minuts. You did very well. But was thinking could the fuga be better if ypu speed it up some?

Yes, that Czerny piece is a stretch. It's also very hard with multi-voice counterpoints. You need to keep in control all the time and you constantly need to think about how to make it breathe at least slightly, or you will run out of breath very fast. For me this does not combine with speeding up, instead I have to constantly slow it down.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
L
L
This recital was my first and, since my experience is well below many of the performers, I won’t say too much. I have listened to all the performances and some more than once.

Psyche23, You chose a charming piece and it really caught my attention at the start of the recital. You played it so well and I’ve put it on my list to attempt in the future.

I loved listening to the various Chopin offerings in this recital. I think many beginner/early intermediate pianists eagerly await the day when they can attempt Chopin. Well done Peter Hontaru, KevinM, facdo, AssociateX,Jerzyk19, Purrblast, Hawgdriver!

Ruth CM, I know you said that the Moonlight Sonata is overplayed, but I enjoyed your performance tremendously.

Bsharp(C)yclist, it is a gorgeous piece. Thanks for performing it.

Dani Cohen (Flygbladet), thanks for introducing me to a new composer. I found this piece mesmerising.

Amy H, this is another new composer for me. I was really taken by this piece.

ShiroKuro, I had seen a post about Ffrench on the forum but I must confess I have never heard any of his pieces. This was a real delight to listen to.

Sam S, thanks for all your organisation and hard work. It was nice to hear some solo harpsichord - something different.

L
L
Originally Posted by Gary001
16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)

Welcome back to the piano and the PianoWorld recitals! I listen to pieces before reading the submitters info and was surprised by your limited time playing, you nailed the ornaments in the opening.

Regarding the recording, was it made using a phone? Given you have a digital piano, you can likely get a cleaner recording direct from the headphone output. One option is recording to the digital's internal memory then plug in your pc/phone to the headphone socket and play the recording back. Although whether you'll prefer the direct output vs having the room accoustics included, up to you smile

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll have to take a look at your suggestion. Although I'm in my 30s, I am really not great at technology! I'll do some investigation before the next recital.

L
L
Thank you also to everyone who gave encouragement. I'm glad to have this first recital under my belt now and look forward to more in the future. It's definitely a very welcoming community for beginners starting out.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by wouter79

Mozart Prelude, well played, capturing really well the change of moods and you are always in control of what you are playing.
Czerny Fuga, once again well played. Though i do feel a bit of a disconnect between these two pieces.

Kevin, thanks for your comments and nice that you liked it. Can you clarify that disconnect abit more? I mean, obviously there is a jump to another composer, but you are probably referring to something else.

I was expecting a strong musical connection between the pieces since they are by different composers, a reason to juxtapose them but I didn’t feel it musically. It just felt like two distinct pieces.

I am not talking about music theory, and pairing preludes and fugues like Bach does in WTC. Just my reaction to the two pieces.

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris
Beautifully and sensitively played.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]
Nicely done and beautiful

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic
This is an Einaudi. Wonderful playing.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor
Good interpretation.

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post.
Nice Chopin

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss
Great composition !

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo
Nice performance !

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
Great improvisation but I don't understand the title. lol

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7
Beautiful piece, well played!

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2)
Overplayed ? yes but it's such a joy to play it. well done.

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing
Good playing and nice song, I never heard of these composers.

12. Animisha - Morning Glories
Well done, I love it. How do you turn the page with the pad ?

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By
Keep practising and don't give up.

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
Well played.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4
Your piano sounds is good and your playing is good too.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)
You did an excellent job with the sonatina

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki
Great playing and good accompaniment.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1)
This was beautiful.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1
Yes it's a joy to play it. well done.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night)
I never heard of this composer. Wonderful playing.

Last edited by Serge88; 08/17/20 06:40 PM.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Another wonderful Recital! In the past few days I’ve been unable to get to my computer long enough to start listening - and now - I’ve finally made it to the headphones! Thank you once again Sam, for doing everything necessary to bring this to us; it means so much to me.

Starting in the middle this time …

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go I don’t believe I’ve heard any of Picker’s compositions before. I did detect a haunting despair or sadness there, and your fine control of your instrument brought out every subtle shade.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 OK, I’ll confess I’m not familiar with Mozart’s Fugue, so I can’t compare it with the Czerny you chose. But it made for an interesting combination, and a very enjoyable listen. An impressive performance.

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem I can see why this would be your favourite piece for the year. With a title like ‘Emerald Gem’ I’m guessing there’s an Irish influence somewhere - really lovely, and sensitively played.

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird That bird is unmistakable - a magical performance.

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind Catherine Rollin has written many attractive pieces, and this one was no exception. (Was your Yamaha a C2 or a C3? Because it sounded very familiar.) That middle section would be a challenge even without an arthritic finger. Well done! Loved it.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Sam, thank you. To all those who built this, thank you.

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris – Much nostalgia! Very emotions! laugh Ok…first, you have a nice setup—it’s pleasing on the ears. Your touch is very nice too. The piece itself is just perfect, too. I would be very satisfied if I was you, thank you for sharing.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] – Yas! Moar VG musics. I think in a previous recital I mentioned I dragged my family to see/hear the Colo Symphony perform a FF cross-section. What a great experience. FF7 is 1997 for me, a defining game and life experience. I grew up on FF 1-3. I never played 10. I think Uematsu and Fujisawa (Hisaishi) are finally starting to get the recognition they deserve as world-class composers like Brahms and Chopin. Well, for me they are, and for you too it seems.

The piece itself is so layered and delicious. Many facets. It hits that sweet spot of not-jazz (I <3 jazz) and not-classical, but somehow both. Utterly FF, too—I haven’t played this one but I can see a screen and imagine the journey. I hear this and it taps into those FF epic story emotions. You could argue that FF *is* the music, and I think that’s pretty close to correct. What a treasure Uematsu is, I am glad you are his champion.

That moment at 4:15 to 4:20 is super weird and so perfectly FF. It’s very richly emotional, but not sad, a bit faraway, but very present, a touch playful, and overall epic yet close.

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic – Outstanding. You let things linger when they need to linger, you move it along when it should move. I give your performance 5/5 Monicas. <3

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor – Wow, the ornaments are so tasteful. If the piano is a voice, I am paying attention because you are using the entire vocal palette. Impressive command. Another sensitive Chopin artist!

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post. – Kevin you have an innate sense of Chopin’s rubato. It is coming along *very* nicely. The performance is most tasteful. The soft touch shows you understand the soul of what you are playing and are developing your wheelhouse. This feels like an inspired performance, like you have a deep connection with what you want to express through this music. Well done.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss – The melody grabs me right away. This is good. You really nail the 2d fast/arpeggiated section, and the LH work is just choice. This is a terrific piece. Honestly…it’s pretty damned good Peyton. If you ended up putting up a y/t vid about your concepts and improv/freestyle technique, I’d study it.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo – Intense and remarkable! I think at times the emotional connection to the music is impeded by needing a bit more fluency and discretion. A bit more deliberation and statement. As the piece progresses, it feels like you settle into it and it seems more natural and human. I think just the early bit was a tad hectic or off-kilter. Yes, it is actually much more even after you settle in.

This has the feeling of being joyful to play, and is a fantastic achievement to be able to do so—congrats.

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" – omg Ted y u Finnegan’s Wake on me like dis? Alright, you strike me as the type you has no time for dissembling, so here: the musical experience reminds me of a Prokofiev sonata that is *very* busy. Oh wow, then this thing at 2:10, ok that’s cool. That first part was hectic and painted a certain feeling that .. I don’t know what I feel about it tbh. Good/bad, no, not like that. That congested energy—it gives me a kind of stuck in traffic feeling. And I like when an artist can use ‘the whole buffalo’ of emotions, so to speak, so I guess…idk. It’s cool man. But I don’t know how often I want to be stuck in traffic iykwim. The latter section is a much more conventional composition/pattern, but it’s still convincing. It’s pleasant. The two work together well. Keep creating!!

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7 – Very nice piano sound! A wonderful composition by Brahms and you play it very well. Thank you for sharing it with us.

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2) – This is an excellent piece of music very well played. I would be delighted if it was my daughter that played this for me. Thank you for sharing it with us.

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing – These chords are moving! The music is strong, it has a voice. Thank you for sharing.

12. Animisha - Morning Glories – Very pretty!

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By – You are one of my favorite players here. You have a warm and human way of playing, and you choose tasteful works. I enjoyed your recording. I’d like to learn this piece—how difficult is it?

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin – This one is on my short list of pieces, and listening to you play it reinforces my desire to learn it. You play it very well and I enjoy it. Thank you.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 – I like the reverb aspect of the recording (whether you intended it or not). It has a nice sound. This piece has a nice melancholic feel to it. Good job with the ornaments.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) – This is great! You have a fantastic touch for a developing player. Keep with it, you are doing exactly as you ought.

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki – I didn’t make the Tetris connection, maybe next time use your 8-bit piano? laugh I wasn’t ready for a backing track when this began to play but I quickly joined the mood. I really like it! Very cool, thank you for sharing.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1) – Nicely played and a fine selection…now go and get yourself a Zoom! wink

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 – I’m with you, this is a piece I learned recently and it’s a good one. Same with Moonlight, Fur Elise, and all those. They are timeless and “overplayed” for a reason. They are eternal and enduring. To some they can hit skip if they aren’t feeling it. I’m feeling it, still, on both those pieces. You did great with it, and thanks for sharing.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) – He made Malaguena? As a guitarist, that is one of my favorite pieces (it fits under the fingers so well). Your piano sounds fantastic, and your recording arrangement is, to my ears, very nice. I don’t know your physical arrangement, but it feels like with the Grotrian and the Avensons you can give us a wider/deeper soundscape. If that makes sense—it’s very, very good as is, so maybe I’m wrong. Your performance is fantastic—very focused and clean. Thank you for sharing!

21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 – This is my favorite of the Op 39 waltzes by FARRRR. I love it. I am glad you find it so compelling, too. You anchor in the sentimental feeling of the waltz and deliver that mood quite well.

22. peterws - Siciliano – Outstanding sound quality. What a fantastic touch, bringing in the LH so carefully. I love listening to musicians who know how to sing on the keyboard and also play bass and rhythm… laugh Great performance. Your sense of timing is excellent, it shows you are very intimate with the piece.

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile – wow. This is so good.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12) – Thanks again for joining in. Even if you love nazis. (j/k, it’s a crass and irreverent joke from a crass and irreverent person—[background: Sinding’s reputation took a hit from alleged Nazi ties; the meaning and strength of those ties are of uncertain merit]). You have some fantastic recordings on soundcloud, I suggest anyone who enjoyed your performance give a listen.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies – I really enjoyed this one, thank you.

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1 – Sound quality is great. I know what you mean, but you are being self-critical as I tend to be, and so I want you to hear from another that it’s actually quite listenable. Would I prefer you have a DeutscheGrammaphone studio setup? Yes.

I’ve heard you play a bit and you are one I respect. This is Chopin, and not someone trying to play Chopin. Your upper register voicing is so tasteful. Thank you for sharing.

27. Amy H - Letting It Go This is what being in love feels like. I wasn’t expecting that!

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go – Excellent performance. Fantastic selection. Yearning, desolation, and discontent? Maybe just a little… wink

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 – Your playing is great, and your sound quality is the best (I think). In my opinion you did a fantastic job with the Fuga, and I was glad to hear it. Thank you for sharing.

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem – Just outstanding. One of my top 5 from this recital, soooooo good. Thank you. It’s on my ‘maybe I should learn this one’ list now.

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird – Your piano sounds so good. I am not familiar with this piece. You do a wonderful job with it. I like listening to you play.

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind – This sounds fantastic. You make Yamaha C2 and Zoom Q8 live up to what they should be. Your playing is very tasteful, beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

33. AssociateX(Liz) - Etude in F minor Op. 10 # 9 – Great job with it. You make the melody sing. It’s a challenging piece!

34. JoBert - Genesis – I love that theme. Your sound is fantastic, too. That bass is great. Thank you for sharing!

35. Jerzyk19 - Nocturne Op.72 No.1 in E minor – Outstanding. Great job evoking the change in mood at 3:30.

36. zsolpyW - Umowilem sie z nia na 9 – Interesting piece, thanks for sharing!

37. ShiroKuro - Moments – Can you please ask those insects to quiet down a bit?! wink j/k. I didn’t notice at all. But I did notice you played an engrossing and lovely piece of music. I felt as though the music came through you and not from you. (Something like that—it felt very genuine—words don’t always work).

38. Mosotti - Scherzo from Sonata in F Major, Hob XVI.9 – Great timing. You invoke a spirit of wit into this clever piece. Well done.

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic – This is lovely. You play it beautifully. Thank you for participating in the Titanic mini-recital… laugh

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5 Although I like 15 best, it’s closely followed by #3. And…uh. Yeah. Nailed it. wink laugh

41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic – This is very well played. I’m not familiar with it (besides watching the movie). But you make it compelling even though the notes need room. Great performance.

42. Greta99 - Sonata in E minor, H.XVI No.34 - 3. Vivace molto – Again, fantastic. Perhaps my favorite.

43. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 2. movement – A bit dark for Haydn, no? Especially considering the time period. I like it. I can see why you chose this sonata. Well done.

44. Purrblast - Sostenuto (KK IVb No. 10) – This is a cool piece of music. Are you sure it’s Chopin?? laugh

46. dumka1 - Arabesque 1 – Yes, it does justice. The more time passes, the more I appreciate Debussy. I wonder if he is perhaps underappreciated, even though he is well-appreciated. Thank you for sharing!

47. Brian Moore - Minuet, French Suite 6 – Well played. Bach is so great.

48. Tubbie0075 - Sonata in B minor Kp. 377 – One of my favorite performances from this recital. Very lucid yet also witty.

49. jotur/Cathy Turner - Creole Belles – Hi Cathy! This was fun to listen to, and I’m not just saying that!

50. Ralphiano - Musette in D Major – This is great. You have the rhythm in your bones…

51. Tyrone Slothrop - La Caroline, Wq. 117/39, H. 98 – Thank you for sharing, Lt. Slothrop!

52. Qwerty53 - Sentimental Waltz, no. 6 from Valses Poeticos – One of my favorite composers. This is a great piece well played. Very well played—among my favorites this time around. Thank you.

53. winterflower - escapes/escapades – Very nice.

54. BingoDingo - Prelude No. 22 in G Minor, Op. 87 – He came, he dropped some Shosta with a lot of clipping, he conquered…{before the ban}

55. Sam S - Sonata K1 – Love the harpsi. Gives some flavor to the recital. I tried to get in for the Scarlatti but couldn’t get my act together. This instrument makes you kind of naked, huh? You did great with it. Nice ornaments. Well done, Sam.[/quote]

Note: to any who comment on my performance, thank you for listening, it is deeply appreciated--as are your comments and feedback.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by hawgdriver
21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 – This is my favorite of the Op 39 waltzes by FARRRR.

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5 Although I like 15 best, it’s closely followed by #3.

Sooooo.....

blush

Let's just say I really really love #15, and #3 is also a lovely waltz. A very lovely waltz.

Oh, bother.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Serge88
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
Great improvisation but I don't understand the title. lol

My titles are always more or less arbitrary, frequently occurring to me while listening afterwards. I have recorded so much music that I mainly use titles as a mental index to remember where certain passages occur. I seldom improvise on a preconceived idea and I do not consider inspiration reliable. Thanks for listening.

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" – omg Ted y u Finnegan’s Wake on me like dis? Alright, you strike me as the type you has no time for dissembling, so here: the musical experience reminds me of a Prokofiev sonata that is *very* busy. Oh wow, then this thing at 2:10, ok that’s cool. That first part was hectic and painted a certain feeling that .. I don’t know what I feel about it tbh. Good/bad, no, not like that. That congested energy—it gives me a kind of stuck in traffic feeling. And I like when an artist can use ‘the whole buffalo’ of emotions, so to speak, so I guess…idk. It’s cool man. But I don’t know how often I want to be stuck in traffic iykwim. The latter section is a much more conventional composition/pattern, but it’s still convincing. It’s pleasant. The two work together well. Keep creating!!

Thank you for listening and commenting so fully. Some people are irritated by "busyness" in music while others perceive a curious serenity, like viewing a hectic city from the quiet of the nineteenth floor. There is never any right or wrong about how music affects us. I assure you there is no chance of halting my spontaneous creation short of incapacity or sucking the kumara. I have many shortcomings in music but lack of ideas is not one of them.

Last edited by Ted; 08/18/20 02:17 AM.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Last night I went through all the videos members have posted in this recital. Good grief, what beautiful instruments and what tidy houses everyone has. Just as well I have never posted a video, I would resemble an aged, spavined polar bear groping around in a rat's nest.

Last edited by Ted; 08/18/20 02:27 AM.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by piano_primo
15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 Regal kind of romantic feeling from this piece. Like I'd hear it in a cathedral? Or... in a more vaulted environment. Enjoyed this, to me an excellent performance and emotively moving ... I know I wouldn't be apt to hear it otherwise, than on here - pianoworld. TY
15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 – I like the reverb aspect of the recording (whether you intended it or not). It has a nice sound. This piece has a nice melancholic feel to it. Good job with the ornaments.

The excessive reverb is intended. In Audacity, I added a second reverb onto the reverb that was already there from the Kontakt Player in order to imitate the sound of Khatia Buniatishvili's rendition, because I had the impression anyone who heard her would always expect the piece to sound like this. This is what Khatia's version sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0cr1mFS3c

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
52. Qwerty53 - Sentimental Waltz, no. 6 from Valses Poeticos – One of my favorite composers. This is a great piece well played. Very well played—among my favorites this time around. Thank you.
Wow, thank you, hawgdriver! I appreciate any and all comments on what I played -- that's why I do my best to comment on everyone's submission -- but to hear a reaction like yours so encouraging!

Granados is wonderful, and playing some of the Valses Poeticos feels like taking the first few steps up the mountain of gorgeous Spanish and Latin American music.

Thanks again to all who shared their performances, all who take the time to comment, and especially to Sam and everyone who made these online recitals possible.

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 very pretty piece, well recorded. Enjoyed the listen . [Good enough for gov't work?]

22. peterws - Siciliano Eager to hear if this lived up to the comments. And it does . beautiful moving piece. BTW you can edit note volume in a midi file ,, just alot of too much extra work! Might be worth it though for a super polished recording..

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile Impressive piano , and playing .. Professional recording sound and the dynamics and touch are pleasing to the ear - to listen to.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12) It does feel like the rhythm of gentle ocean waves. And the rarity of the piece is interesting... Good recording and beautifully played.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies Nice, playing and meaningful piece. Your piano has an authentic acoustic sound .I think, but not sure, maybe needs a little faster tempo, but still - playing. [I like ELO's "Mr. Blue Skies"]
Coincidentally after your vid a player piano video played the same piece...made me wonder if any those greats ever faked it with player pianos being the keys were moving and they only had to have their hands in the right area. Time for me to get a player. LOL

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1 WOW! 2 years and 2 mos? That's a heck of piece for that time. - emotional piece, well played nice acoustic sound and impressive piano. Seems you got the nice grand!

27. Amy H - Letting It Go Somber and bittersweet feel, played well. The dynamics and chordal bass tones are effective in giving a solid emotive feel to the music.

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go Eager to hear it after reading your description. Well I get an image of lost soul meandering through a kind of darkness. a somber heartfelt longing around 3:10 that never leaves this piece, but becomes milder throughout...until it resolves in the same emotive state. Nice acoustic sound good phrasing and dynamics. Enjoyed the listen.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 Well, the word in the title explains it - "Fantasia" as it really does move around motif- wise. Good playing and recording, interesting to listen to with all the changing motifs. -that do comeback to each other from what I could hear and recognize anyway. -and ...I listen better than I play.

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem Really is meditative and relaxing to me to listen to. Gives a pause (and does the phrasing in this rendition does] to chaos. Enjoyed this well played and recorded piece.

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird Well played. Startling arpeggio that are well and even. Enjoyed the listen.

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind Nice flowing piece that was enchanting to listen. Good sound nicely played... Kudos to you!

33. AssociateX(Liz) - Etude in F minor Op. 10 # 9 Nice acoustic sound, IMO well done. TY

34. JoBert - Genesis I liked the piano piece and piano playing ... Was the video still a reference to the old movie "The Beginning of the End"? Just some extra info .. there's a point in the horizon of the town I grew up and now live, that sometimes reminds me of that movie. [it ends with a moving silhouette of a giant locust or grasshopper in the sky.]

35. Jerzyk19 - Nocturne Op.72 No.1 in E minor Yeah Beautifully played . Moving and the dynamics and bass are solid. Enjoyed this piece alot. For 4 years playing? the trills were just and overall.. simply excellent!

36. zsolpyW - Umowilem sie z nia na 9 Nice acoustic piece and well played; really like the smooth modulation. This seems to be a piece that would be sung in a movie from the 30's or so [old classic style]. Quite an endurance to play such a long piece in one sitting without seeming error at all. Kudos to you! Enjoyable to listen ,,,and ...Good even touch and dynamics.

37. ShiroKuro - Moments Well the piece is charming and delicate , played very exact and dynamic, even paced . I enjoyed this listening . An impressive piano. The mp3 file sounded very slightly more "open", as in recorded from [a] distance. The video sounded very crisp, and slightly more clear but, only slightly. - for what that's worth, cuz... I didn't hear the cicadas.

38. Mosotti - Scherzo from Sonata in F Major, Hob XVI.9 Well nice quick well played upbeat kind piece that was excellent.

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic ME...

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5 Impressive sound , playing and dynamics. Very professional sound. Enjoyed the listen.

41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic [REPEAT COMMENT] I think it fair to respond "in kind" quickly.- Thank You for you kind comments... and- I like this ambience you captured with the touch and dynamics. Especially at 3:39 and forward. Honestly, I'm starting to appreciate the feel of a piece more than the exactness or "wow" factor...perhaps I always did so , but this certainly fit the bill. Really good playing and emotive quality to this ... Enjoyed it .

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission