2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
65 members (AprilE, 36251, Abdol, august112, 716GoBills, BachToTheFuture, 8ude, AlphaTerminus, 15 invisible), 877 guests, and 494 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 87 of 98 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 97 98
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Hope everyone is doing well!

Song of Kilimanjaro took me long time to get a reasonable recording... this is last song from unit 7 of 3A, I'm moving on to last unit of 3A.

Great job! 😺

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Originally Posted by dogperson

Song of Kilimanjaro took me long time to get a reasonable recording... this is last song from unit 7 of 3A, I'm moving on to last unit of 3A.

Great job! 😺

THANK YOU!

Maple Leaf Rag, Page 20, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
C
C
Good job Wish! That was was really hard for me and it took a long time to get those triplets right.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
Thank you for listening, Chili_Time!

Oh yes I know you played triplets well in Fly's adventure thumb I still go back to listen to yours from time to time since I still can't get the triplet rhythm right... For Song of Kilimanjaro, my focus was on finger flowing fast, even and smooth... making some progress little by little...

Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
C
C

Hi Wish4 Thing

Well done it sounds great and you the have the fast notes playing well . Its encoragibg to see you progressing

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Take care

Working on Faber Adult Piano Adventures AIO Book 2 Unit 3

Playing on a Rolands HP 505 Digital Piano
Thanks, CognitaP! Hope things are smooth for you too!

My Recordings
V
V
Glad to see this thread active. Hope everyone is well. I finished Fiesta Espana and Sea Chantey, and I'm currently on to Musetta's Watlz.

ETA: Also started working Music of the Night in addition to still cleaning up Masquerade.

Last edited by vintagevt; 07/28/20 02:11 AM.

Faber Piano Adventures AIO Book 2
Roland FP-30
vintagevt, glad to hear about your progress!

My Recordings
P
P
Hey, I've been following this series with my teacher and just reached Faber Piano Adventures Book 4.

I'm still working on the canon from the end of 3b as I'm not up to tempo, and it's a wonderful piece of music that I want to be able to play well anyway.

Kawai K-300 Aures
polarcharm, welcome to the group! Canon is one of my favorites, I hope I can get there some day...

My Recordings
C
C
I am up to Gypsy camp level 3 and i am finding this piece of music harder to learn , I listed to a utube video of someone playing this piece i find it helps because it gives me an idea of what the song sounds like , not sure if this is cheating

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Colette2, I don't think it is cheating to listen to YT of someone playing this piece. Now that you know how it should sound, you can practise it correctly. And I hope you learn from it - that next time when you want to play a piece with similar difficulties, you know how to do it.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
V
V
I'll often listen to YT to get a feel for a song if I'm not familiar with it or if I'm struggling with the timing/counts of a certain section. I figure it's better to hear what it should sound like vs. practicing it incorrectly over and over.

Faber Piano Adventures AIO Book 2
Roland FP-30
C
C
been trying to time count on gypsy Camp and its very hard for me on this piece but i noticed something that i don't understand , The songs moves from 4/4 too cut time 2/2 , on bar 10 I count the bass clef note as 1 + 2 + but on treble clef the 4 notes i am not sure how to count them.

C
C
@polarcharm Welcome!
@Colette2 I listen almost daily to the pieces I am working on using either YouTube or the Faber app. I use it to focus listening on dynamics, pedals, etc.
@vintagevt I’m also working on Fiesta Espana and Sea Chantey also. I really enjoy Fiesta Espana, one of my favorites.

I'm moving slowly along in section 2 of 3B. It will take months to get through all the books but that's okay I am really enjoying the selections and arrangements.

Last edited by Chili_Time; 08/06/20 01:45 PM.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
Novela is the last song from my 3A performance book. I still have 4 songs to go from 3A Christmas book which will take a little while before I complete 3A.

My Recordings
C
C
Novela is the last song from my 3A performance book. I still have 4 songs to go from 3A Christmas book which will take a little while before I complete 3A.

Fantastic! Such good artistry and dynamics! Such a melanchony song.

Last edited by Chili_Time; 08/07/20 03:37 PM.

[Linked Image]
P
P

I just have to admit , I envy you!!! You have no hesitations between chord changes! Your song is so beautifully even in tempo! I am working on a song right now that is driving me crazy trying to go from one chord to another without that dreaded gap! The left hand is mostly arpeggios, and I am using the loop option to practice moving from one chord to the next smoothly, I’m getting better, but it’s taking so long!!! I get frustrated, and then hit the wrong keys. I have to remember “I’m here for the journey!”

Things are a bit up in the air right now, as Bills surgery was canceled. He has to have more tests with yet a different Dr. Good news is, he is doing fine, so no hurry, but we had hoped it would be over by now.

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Pagirl
A couple of practice suggestions? Play the last note if the first arpeggio followed by the first note of the next. Practice only those two notes until smooth

Practice the arpeggios as a complete chord— moving from one chord to the next. Retain your hand position as you move.

Then go back to the arpeggios: practice VERY slowly, but making sure the notes are even without gaps

Like anytthing else— takes time, experimenting with the approach and patience. You can do it 😊

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
P
P
Originally Posted by dogperson
Pagirl
A couple of practice suggestions? Play the last note if the first arpeggio followed by the first note of the next. Practice only those two notes until smooth

Practice the arpeggios as a complete chord— moving from one chord to the next. Retain your hand position as you move.

Then go back to the arpeggios: practice VERY slowly, but making sure the notes are even without gaps

Like anytthing else— takes time, experimenting with the approach and patience. You can do it 😊

What a great suggestion!!! Thank you so much, I will do it!

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
Page 87 of 98 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 97 98

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Don't buy a Focusrite.
by Christopher90 - 06/25/21 07:35 AM
Smaller Room - Grand Lid Down?
by brdwyguy - 06/25/21 06:46 AM
Break-ups are hard
by Athdara - 06/24/21 11:54 PM
(Question) VST-applied MIDI and live-recorded VST
by Saberlarry - 06/24/21 11:39 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,694
Posts3,107,124
Members101,903
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission