2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
46 members (BWV846, CaseyVancouver, Bruce In Philly, Abdol, Damien PG, chung_chang, Carey, brdwyguy, 11 invisible), 854 guests, and 540 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 98 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 97 98
pagirl #2995974 06/27/20 05:02 PM
V
V
Originally Posted by pagirl
Oh, I hope all of you are still here...it took me forever to get this up to speed. Had to be out of town for a bit, so didn’t get a lot of time on it. I learned a lot about brining a song up to speed, talk about clumsy fingers, and stage fright!!! 🥴
Here it is...The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

https://app.box.com/s/b3hssjasygzc9iraknmvrp4m2w2m7oqo

Good job!! Thanks for sharing! This brought back a lot of memories for me; I still remember this song from back in my first year of piano. I don't think I played it quite as fast as you, though. I have a bad habit of playing things too slowly. lol

Faber Piano Adventures AIO Book 2
Roland FP-30
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
P
P
Thank you vintagevt!!! I really had to struggle to get my fingers moving. I really prefer ballads, but I know this is good for me! I love Giovanni, but am realistic enough to know the most I could do in that area is listen closely and pic up what crumbs I can 😁 I am here for the journey, and am loving it!

Fran...

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
V
V
I'm currently still on Unit 15 in Book 2, although I think I should be able to have Fiesta Espana ready to go for my next class. It's been pretty close now for a couple weeks. Just need to really hyper focus on a couple small areas and continue to work on making sure my dynamics are there. Also have started Sea Chantey in Unit 16.

Not sure if I'll be brave enough to record and share Fiesta Espana here? Maybe.

Also still have Masquerade, can play the entire thing but it's not cleaned up yet, and my teacher gave me Music of the Night this week to start on.

Roland FP-30
P
P
Originally Posted by vintagevt
I'm currently still on Unit 15 in Book 2, although I think I should be able to have Fiesta Espana ready to go for my next class. It's been pretty close now for a couple weeks. Just need to really hyper focus on a couple small areas and continue to work on making sure my dynamics are there. Also have started Sea Chantey in Unit 16.

Also still have Masquerade, can play the entire thing but it's not cleaned up yet, and my teacher gave me Music of the Night this week to start on.

Not sure how many of us are still here, but you couldn’t ask for a more supportive group! I was weak in the knees the first time I posted a song here, but I needn’t have worried, and I am getting more comfortable with it. I still shake when I’m trying for a decent recording, but hope that will pass too.

Fran...

Last edited by pagirl; 06/27/20 08:41 PM.

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
pagirl #2996479 06/28/20 06:34 PM
Here it is...The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

https://app.box.com/s/b3hssjasygzc9iraknmvrp4m2w2m7oqo

wow what a great performance! super smooth legato, precise rhythm with those "swing" notes... love it!

Maple Leaf Rag, Page 20, Faber FunTime Ragtime&Marches
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
P
P
Oh thank you! I am trying. Your support is so special, without it I would probably never have attempted to post!!! How is your Bass accompaniment coming along? I hope you kept it up, know you would really do well!!!

Fran...

pagirl #2996514 06/28/20 09:04 PM
Oh thank you! I am trying. Your support is so special, without it I would probably never have attempted to post!!! How is your Bass accompaniment coming along? I hope you kept it up, know you would really do well!!!

Fran...

Thanks for still remembering it! I have learned a few things from that experience on chord progression and universal broken chord patterns... it's a whole new direction of playing piano... I'll resume this exploration when I finish Faber books which will take a few years... For now, I just use the arrangement from a friend's daughter who is studying piano performance in Germany. I also downloaded some free Steinway soundfont from internet and loaded to MuseScore to make the generated audio sound better. It's fun.

I really enjoyed your recording! I myself have problems with legato and I can immediately recognize the smoothness in your play! great job!

Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings

looking forward to your recordings!

My Recordings
V
V
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing

looking forward to your recordings!

haha. Maybe. It's a little intimidating. You all seem to put out such nice, clean recordings. Most of the time I'm lucky if I can get a clean take of songs I'm working on. I always make some dumb little mistake.

Roland FP-30
P
P
Good morning vintagevt, no worries, one of the things I have had drilled into me is that it’s just as important to be able to recover from a mistake, and move on when performing, as it is to play completely clean. That’s one of the reasons my instructors had me work on one or two bars at a time when making a mistake, and learning a song, so I would develop a recovery point. It works...

Fran...

Last edited by pagirl; 06/29/20 10:17 AM.

C
C
hi pagirl

Re : The lion sleeps tonight

well done, You have the rythmn and dynamics perfect . You have a few hesitations but considering how long you have been learning this is a real acheivement to get this far playing it as well as you have, especially in the current circumstances.
Be proud of yourself.

How's the pianonote couse going I hope you are still enjoying it and find its complimenting all that you are learning with Faber.

H vintagevt
Re recordings

Getting a clean recoding is a challange. i find for whatever reason I can lean a piece and get it right but when recording it make silly mistakes that you can hear on the recordings and it often takes a number of recordings before im happy with it . I find though by recording yourself and playing it back it helps to pick up on what i cannot always hear when playing. When playing there is a lot to concentrate on but when listening you are only concentrating on listening . This helps me see sometimes what I need to improve. These recordings are just for me and deleted afterwards. I only keep to best recordings . I look forward to hearing some of yours soon

Working on Faber Adult Piano Adventures AIO Book 2 Unit 3

Playing on a Rolands HP 505 Digital Piano
P
P
Hello Cognita! So good to hear from you. Hope you are well, and staying safe! Thank you for your encouraging words!!! I still have those jitters causing my hesitations, but I’m hoping if I keep trying and working at it they will at least get fewer and further between😊 The Foundation course in Pianote is really filling out my knowledge of chords, and I’m really enjoying it. I keep a practice log over there where I post my current music recordings, and I’ve been adding my PA recordings As well as my Pianote lessons, and the instructors have been very encouraging. It really helps me to analyze my practice. Haven’t been quite brave enough to submit a recording for evaluation, but am working on one now that I hope to send in, but they are asking for videos...yikes!!!🥴 Bill is doing well, but has his operation coming up this month, we will be happy when that is behind us. Take care...

Fran...

V
V
You ever just have a song that is your kryptonite? Working on Fiesta Espana and Sea Chantey today. Oddly enough, I find Sea Chantey to be a pretty quick learn, and I was feeling really good about Fiesta Espana. But then I decided to see where I was as far as BPM on the latter, since the book says it should be played allegro at a min. of 160 BPM. I can play it at about 125 relatively OK, although not cleanly, and when I cranked the metronome to 160 it was an unmitigated disaster. lol My fingers just cannot fly that fast yet.

Roland FP-30
C
C
Hi Pagirl

Thank you for asking Yes are keeping well and safe . Im hardly going out at the monent so more time for piano especially as have given up listening too much to the news as its maily negative .

Glad you are well and that your husband Bill is also . Lets hope the operation is able to go ahead this time and that all works out as expected. I will be thinking of you in these difficult times .

Re piano yes I can imagine sending in a video would be a bit daunting . I think I would feel the same . That said if it helps you improve your piano playing then it will be worth it . I would certainly take them up on the offer for feedback when your able . re slight hesitations I am sure this will get better over time the more confident you are with the music . I found I used to be like that. what cured it for me was when i found i got a piece I hesited on I broke the piece down and just concentrated on the bar before and after the hesitation (or in some case just the notes before or after) and get this right before putting the section back into the piece This works most of the time with practice.

For me Im working on getting the Entertainer up to speed but feel Im getting there with this. I have also been working on my improvisation and finally feel this is geting better. I am just about to start on Unit 16. which is exciting .

Take care

C
C
Hi Vintagevt

I would not be too hard on yourself I find getting it up to spead always takes time. the more your fingers and brain get used to the piece the more the muscle memory kicks in .

That said I find some pieces are easier to play than others. so perserverience is often needed for those pieces where nimble fingers are needed.

good luck with your practice Im sure with perserverance it will finaly come .

C
C
Does anyone know why they is a C sharp ( A major chord) in the song , morning level 3 book , the song has in the key of F major

Hi Colette2, wow, you surely progress fast! Phenomenal! I don't know if this will answer your question, but if you go to the end of the book "Dictionary of Musical Terms", it has definition of "Accidental": "A sharp or flat that is not in the key signature. A natural is also an accidental."

My Recordings
Hope everyone is doing well!

Song of Kilimanjaro took me long time to get a reasonable recording... this is last song from unit 7 of 3A, I'm moving on to last unit of 3A.

My Recordings
P
P
Beautiful!!! So even, and the dynamics are perfect!!! Truly, something you can be proud of. I love the sound of your piano. I have been more aware of the differences in the sounds of different makes of pianos, and I believe it can make all the difference in how you feel about your music, and how you play. You are a good team!!! Take care and stay safe!!!

Fran...

pagirl #3005555 07/22/20 12:23 PM
Fran, thank you for the encouragement! Hope you and your husband are doing well as well!

I was told each piano from the same brand/model can sound/play very differently... my strategy is to play as many songs as I can so I hope I'll eventually know how to work with this piano. The keys feel heavier than digital pianos I played at the music store. I guess that's why I'm always tempted to hammer it blush Still trying to lighten up my hammering hands...

My Recordings
Page 86 of 98 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 97 98

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Juggling Piano!
by Sam S - 06/14/21 07:25 PM
Please help: Kawai ST-1 (institutional) or K-300?
by SantaCecilia - 06/14/21 07:11 PM
Kawai VPC1 velocity curve
by luigigiul76 - 06/14/21 06:17 PM
Quality of the piano dealership shop
by lct14558 - 06/14/21 05:58 PM
Studio piano vsts? eg Ivory, Alicia's Keys
by MarkOfJohnson - 06/14/21 05:30 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,515
Posts3,103,690
Members101,811
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission