2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
39 members (Deltajockey, Beansparrow, Burkey, Flygbladet, Ferdinand, clothearednincompo, chopin_r_us, 9 invisible), 422 guests, and 590 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
VladK Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Ivory II - American Concert D - €/$ 149.00 (€/$ 50 off of regular price €/$ 199)
Ivory II - Italian Grand - €/$ 129.00 (€/$ 50 off of regular price €/$ 179)

Valid from June 15th - July 15th, 2020.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This is highly confusing. I have verified your prices at Sweetwater, but Bestservice in Europe sell the ACD for € 109, and the Italian Grand for € 89 (roughly equivalent to $123 and $100 respectively, unless I have miscalculated). These prices are much lower, and they are also stated as a "Deal" valid until July 15th.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
B
B
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
This is highly confusing. I have verified your prices at Sweetwater, but Bestservice in Europe sell the ACD for € 109, and the Italian Grand for € 89 (roughly equivalent to $123 and $100 respectively, unless I have miscalculated). These prices are much lower, and they are also stated as a "Deal" valid until July 15th.

I would not say it confusing. Its different markets and different retailers so they can charge different prices. You just get a better deal at bestservice.

Also sounds like a great deal smile

VladK Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Can you provide the link? This sounds like a very good offer.
Thomann, ILIO, and bestservice.com do not show these low prices.

Last edited by VladK; 06/16/20 02:40 PM.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by VladK

Can you provide the link? This sounds like a very good offer.
Thomann, ILIO, and bestservice.com do not show these low prices.

https://www.bestservice.com/virtual_instruments/pianos.html

Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
B
B

VladK Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
LOL, you French are lucky then:
[Linked Image]

Vlad,
Adult beginner
B
B
Btw... I heard good stuff about these but just bought the VSL D-274 so I really have to try to not get tempted especially by another Steinway 😁

But how is the Italian grand and does the Steinway sound different enough to warrant them both (ACD + VSL D-274?)

B
B
[Linked Image]

I live in Sweden and get the lower prices. Vladk try setting euro as your currency.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

I think it goes for everone. You can pick your desired currency at the top of the page. When I do that, I get these three prices for the Italian Grand:

$129
€89
£79

Just pick currency wisely. smile

K
K
VladK, you're trying to kill my wallet!!

So far, I have the NI Noire and I like it pretty well.

I'm getting the demo of the VSL Bosendorfer Imperial (once my licensing USB device arrives) and am considering it since it's at an introductory price.

Now you have kindly let us know about a few others (did I get these % right?!):
-Signature Grand by Simple Sam Samples ($80 -> $50), $30 off, 60% discount
-Ivory II American Concert D (this post) - ($200 -> $149?) $50 off, 33%
-Ivory II Italian Grand (this post) - ($179 -> $129?) $50 off, 39%
-VSL Bosendorfer Imperial Standard - introductory price: $320 -> $236 (~$85 off), 35%
-VSL Bosendorfer Imperial Full - introductory price: $608 -> $445 (~$163 off), 35%

Where will it end?! smile

Now... I don't want to start a religious war by asking "which one is MOST worth it"... from a purely economic standpoint, the VSL Bosendorfer seems like it has the most to offer as a library, but of course at a heftier cost.

I gather that the Simple Sam Samples, from other threads, is okay for a VST; and, for the price category, is very good.

Others have loved, hated, and then loved again the Ivory II American Concert D. (I've not seen a lot about the Italian Grand; however, I'll admit that I haven't paid a huge amount of attention).

So basically... if I have NI Noire, and think it's pretty good... and if I am going to spend a few more dollars.. I have to make a decision.

I wonder - do the VSLs go on sale periodically, for 35% off as this introductory price is? Because if that's a good library, and the Ivory II's go on sale for these prices 1x or 2x a year, it may be worth it to wait for a future sale on the Ivory II's.

Previous owner of a Yahama P-120 - now has new life with a student
New owner of a Kawai CA79 (and love it!)
VladK Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
All right, these smart guys use tracking cookies, and when I opened bestservice.com in Firefox with tracking blocked I can also see €109 for ACD and €89 for Italian!
But when I add them to shopping card - the price is back to $149/$129. And It doesnot allow me to change currency (and I am not logged in).

Last edited by VladK; 06/16/20 03:02 PM.

Vlad,
Adult beginner
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Btw... I heard good stuff about these but just bought the VSL D-274 so I really have to try to not get tempted especially by another Steinway 😁

But how is the Italian grand and does the Steinway sound different enough to warrant them both (ACD + VSL D-274?)

I have the ACD and had VSL D-274 for about 10 days before requesting a refund. Even though they are two different Steinway's (European and American) there is a similarity to the sound, though they are not the same. I preferred the VSL D-274 but it was not so much better than ACD that in the end I felt I couldn't justify it. ACD does have nice und-corda samples and I think the pedalling is implemented well for ACD. But honestly if I was in your situation and knowing what I do now I don't think I'd feel the need to buy ACD.

I cannot comment on the Italian Grand, and I'd be interested in hearing peoples experience of it.

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Many Frenchy could feel lucky, but I have already purchased them at 169 and 159€...

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
G
G
The Italian Grand is not worth it IMHO, can't even remember what was wrong with it, I tried it a couple of times after buying it and regretted it. Meeehhhhh

But the American Concert D is still worth it for the sake of playability, still one of the best playable piano VSTs around in my opinion, although the sound quality is not as good as others. The resonances are particularly lacking, and the note decay is way too short. But still worth it if you wanna shell out some more cash.

Also keep in mind according to their license agreemen you cannot resell these in the future. You're stuck with the license.

G
G
To be honest, I think the NI Noire is such an absolutely great instrument. It really has a soul, I don't feel only mathematics and samples when playing it. And I even didn't touch the crazy effects sections so far. I got it for 75 in the introduction phase. A total no brainer. I like it as much as the garritan tbh.

Kawai E200-ATX3
Mostly VSL's, Garritan, Modern U, Grandeur
Originally Posted by Grazilerimba
The Italian Grand is not worth it IMHO, can't even remember what was wrong with it, I tried it a couple of times after buying it and regretted it. Meeehhhhh

But the American Concert D is still worth it for the sake of playability, still one of the best playable piano VSTs around in my opinion, although the sound quality is not as good as others. The resonances are particularly lacking, and the note decay is way too short. But still worth it if you wanna shell out some more cash.

Also keep in mind according to their license agreemen you cannot resell these in the future. You're stuck with the license.

Hmm. This makes ACD very tempting to get. I still have the VSL 274D, but have until the end of the month to decide if I want to keep it. I love it and it would be the only steinway I'd need...BUT it is a resource hog and I've been having the red flashing CPU from time to time. It's weird..sometimes I can play for long periods of 30 min or more and no issues, then others it goes out after 5 minutes and I have to restart the synchron player.

G
G
@20/20 Vision
If you would have to choose between those two, I'd keep the VSL one honestly. The ACD only has one mic perspective (which gets modified for the "audience" setting or however it's called). Even if you were to run the VSL Steinway with one single mic, you'd have the equivalent kind of mic setting. And the VSL one has true resonances. It's just that it still sounds so cold to me, not like a Steinway at all in my opinion. The ACD has a much warmer sound. But it is really lacking in the note decays and resonances. If this is no problem for you, and if you want a warmer sound, then I would recommend the ACD.

K
K
I have the Italian grand and rarely use it although it doesn't sound bad at all.
It sounds maybe marginally better than ravenscroft (which I prefer overall) but has absolutely nothing on VSL BI.
If you count playability, it loses out completely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
James compares Kawai ES110, 520, and 920
by RinTin - 05/18/21 01:54 AM
Op. 61
by chopinetto - 05/18/21 12:34 AM
Please help me to identify this song
by patto81 - 05/17/21 10:09 PM
Kawai GE 1 vs Yamaha GB1K
by Lissplayspiano - 05/17/21 09:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,998
Posts3,094,751
Members101,546
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission