2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (anotherscott, benj.ma, ambrozy, 36251, alexii, boo1234, accordeur, Abdol, 16 invisible), 1,100 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Duaner Offline OP
OP Offline
I was thinking: don't you think this forum would be a little more interesting (maybe not the right word) if we had a bit (just a touch) of FaceBook in it. All I'm thinking of is if, for instance, I put a new post in (which I just did before this one) and to this point I have a couple of great answers to my questions. Well, I don't really have anything to add to their very good comments and I really appreciate the replies so if I could just hit a "like" tab or (other options unique to this forum) something like that to indicate my appreciation would be rewarding I think.

Can we put in for something like that to the proper authorities who are reading this now and thinking "...okay, he's kookoo..." Does anyone besides me think this is a good idea?

Duane Graves

"Pushin 70...still haven fun I think..."
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Good idea. Another site I visit uses 'stars' to count likes. Anything to denote a good comment.

Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
8000 Post Club Member
Actually, PW had this function a few weeks ago but only for a few hours. There was no announcement of it coming or going. Since we had it once, seems like it would be easy to (re)implement. It would get my thumbs up.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Duaner
I was thinking: don't you think this forum would be a little more interesting (maybe not the right word) if we had a bit (just a touch) of FaceBook in it. All I'm thinking of is if, for instance, I put a new post in (which I just did before this one) and to this point I have a couple of great answers to my questions. Well, I don't really have anything to add to their very good comments and I really appreciate the replies so if I could just hit a "like" tab or (other options unique to this forum) something like that to indicate my appreciation would be rewarding I think.

Can we put in for something like that to the proper authorities who are reading this now and thinking "...okay, he's kookoo..." Does anyone besides me think this is a good idea?
if I right understood you, Duaner, that Max tried did this novation there. It will good practice if we shall do our MARK, as a "like" .
Watch there:http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...maxs-be-in-concert-hall.html#Post2822545

Last edited by Maximillyan; 06/10/20 01:08 AM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Something like that was done here years ago. I think some Members were ganged up on, even though it was the Topic that was rated, not the Members. I am not for the idea of indicating "Likes", but then I am not very social and stay away from social media.

Jeff Deutschle
Part-Time Tuner
Who taught the first chicken how to peck?
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I'm also in favor of a "like" button.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
I think better to force a person to actually WRITE that they like it rather than the EASY PRESS A BUTTON. (This is subject to abuse)

My .02

Pwg

Peter W. Grey, RPT
New Hampshire Seacoast
www.seacoastpianodoctor.com
pianodoctor57@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0T7_I_nV8
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
The ‘like’ button is one of the worst ideas I’ve experienced. Please don’t implement it here.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
A
A
Originally Posted by Roger Ransom
The ‘like’ button is one of the worst ideas I’ve experienced. Please don’t implement it here.

For this statement, you deserve to get a 'like'. ;-)
Likes are bullshit to hold people in the cloud. Some are addicted to get likes. I like the factual atmosphere in this forum without of knocking out other people.

excuse my bad english, I'm not native. Corrections are always welcome!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I see a blue "like" button (only) below the last post on a screen, which changes to a sad piece of paper when clicked.
There is also a blue "share" button next to "like" which also disappears when you click "like" When I click "share", a fascistbook page opens where I can type something.

IMHO this is preferable over a "like" button that does something.

Kees

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Roger Ransom
Agreed, the "like" button leads to people chasing attention in their posts rather than just having a discussion. It's one of the worst features of social media in that it makes posters into addicts of feedback and confirmation. It's detrimental to one's health, and to the forum as a whole. I might even stop coming here if it becomes more like Facebook.

B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
There was a time here when one could rate posters. That became toxic, and Frank removed the "feature."

If you like an answer, hit "Quote" and say why you like it. That is more useful than just saying you like it, and much better than just hitting a button. I got a delivery from Amazon last week, and they asked me whether I was pleased with the delivery. I was not, because it was left in plain view when it could easily have been left partially up the stairs, where it is not visible from the street, but there was no option for telling them that, because there was nothing but buttons, and none of them explained the issue.

Semipro Tech
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
I follow several piano groups on Facebook. The layout seems chaotic and I often find it very difficult to locate new contributions.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning and strong emotions...
by CianistAndPomposer - 09/16/21 06:21 PM
Gift Piano from Elton John?
by JohnSprung - 09/16/21 04:54 PM
Kawai ES520 user's own thread
by 36251 - 09/16/21 04:11 PM
For those who love Martha Argerich...
by AaronSF - 09/16/21 03:17 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,142
Posts3,132,736
Members102,747
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission