2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, 8 invisible), 1,254 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by MarieJ
Hawgdriver - The video I found was a 2011 live performance by Vika in a nightclub in Iceland, accompanied by a half-naked drummer. Really dark!

There's a better one on y/t - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy-jwTUSb8

I saw that live one and it wasn't my cup of tea exactly. Didn't do it for me so to speak.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
21. sandalholme - Suite in G Minor
Impressive work – by you and by Pianoteq! Those trills were awesome!!!

23. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Skyfall
Very enjoyable. There is something very clean about your playing – I hear every note, every melody line, and every chord. Awesome!

24. pianistamy - Bluebird
Well done! The feel of this piece does indeed seem to match the title. It is very appealing, especially the part with the descending chromatic line in the left hand. Wonderful playing and recording!

25. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 20 in G major, 2nd mvmt
Awesome playing, especially the left-hand stuff! And hey, I'm an amor fati kind of guy too, especially when I am helplessly adrift at sea!

28. sinophilia - Memphis Blues
Deliciously bluesy! Cool ending!

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Batch 3 of 3.

40. JoBert - Treasures from the Sea
Beautiful and pleasant. And great sound.

41. PianoPrimo - The Sound of Silence
Excellent dynamics and timing. Beautiful sound.

42. Ganddalf - Playtime from Summerland suite
Very delicate and sprightly. Your microphone makes occasional loud noises.

43. Mosotti - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples
One of the best renditions I've heard of it. Brilliant!

44. InitK (Natasha) - Toccata
Very beautiful, and sad. Made me think of emotional European movies from the 1970's.

45. Hawgdriver (Leon) - A Warm Place
Interesting, and very intense with that driving bass-line. Well done!

46. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina in A minor
Self-assured, excellent playing. It was oozing fighting spirit.

47. selfishplayer - Fugue no21 WTC1 B flat Major
Maddening speed. Your self-evaluation seems much too harsh; it's nearly there!

48. QuasiUnaFantasia - La Fille aux cheveux de lin
(Mine. I'm not beating myself up in public about it) smile

49. MrPozor - Aria in D Minor, BWV 515
Very precise and comfortable playing. Somehow it felt really "authentic", or orthodox.

50. ShiroKuro - Ascent
Seemed perfect to me. Highly meditative music.

51. Pathbreaker - Brahms Walzer Opus 39 No. 1
Great playing, and great sound.

52. winterflower - snowdrift flaking
Dreamy and mysterious, and very pleasantly played (but very quiet).

53. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 1. movement
There's an awful lot going on in this piece, yet you delivered it with consistent clarity and (good) tempo. Really well done!

54. Sam S - Aria from Goldberg Variations
Played with elegance and clarity. I particularly liked the part towards the end, where the melody becomes less enigmatic and more song-like.

55. Purrblast - Little Prelude in C minor (BWV 934)
Very fine playing. I especially appreciated the changes in dynamics.

56. piyamo - The sick doll, Op.68 No. 7
You captured the drama really well. Compelling!

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
A few pieces out of sequence, considering the state of my brain I'm likely to do another set of comments when i get to them in order.

43. Mosotti - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples

One of my favourite pieces and your setup of Garritan CFX is just right for this. You have a lovely touch. It is deceptive isn't it, you can get started with it relatively easily but to really do something with it the amount of effort is surprisingly large. You've got a really nice sensitivity for it and played it well.

44. InitK (Natasha) - Toccata

I loved this, it was a really enjoyable listen, your sense of timing/rhythm of this piece is spot on. Your dynamics was just right and I enjoyed the strings you added. There were a couple of times where the combination of the strings and piano was a touch piercing. All in all though just lovely.

This was great. It reminded me very much of some of the music that is used in the german Netflix series called Dark. I'd recommend the series, but if you like Leon's interpretation of a Warm place here I think you'd also enjoy the music of that series.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by hawgdriver
There's a ton of great music and I might not get to say something about everyone's piece. I'll share my philosophy and maybe you'll understand. Maybe you'll thank me for sharing this philosophy, at least that's my hope...

Something hit me when I was judging/scoring high school mock trials a couple years ago. If you aren't familiar, these high school kids spend an awful lot of time preparing their mock court case, they have to act as attorneys for both sides, do opening and closing arguments, raise timely objections based on abstract rules--then respond to them in the moment, react to recalcitrant witnesses, and so on. One of the teams from last year made it to Nationals in Georgia and finished 16th or so. They perform better than many full attorneys. Hours and hours and hours of prep that all lead to these intense two-hour battles with constant tension, action, and reaction.

To my point...

At the end of each round the three of us on the scoring panel are given an opportunity to provide feedback to these kids. It really makes you think about the point of it all--providing feedback. You could provide critical comments out the wazoo because there is a lot to be critical about. "Hey, when you are contentious with the witness the jury starts to hate you." "Your objection really sucked, maybe you should learn the rules of evidence." It's an exacting task and there's almost always room to improve.

But when you think about it, this is one of those few precious moments in this person's entire life where you have the opportunity to give them the gift of genuine praise in front of everyone for something they did well. My job was to be the reward. Of course it has to be meant, and it has to be genuine. When I saw the power that I had to do that, I changed my attitude about what my role was.

After all, each of us has to be extremely self-critical to even do what we are doing, probably every single recital submission is worth a page of praise. We don't always get it, but when we do it's very nice.

Sorry to be such a windbag. Y'all can tell me to shut it and I will. smile

I was a telemark ski school director for many years and still teach sporting clays for LLBean. One thing I learned and always told my instructors that when giving a critique you should always start with the positive. We were not exactly going for the olympics (nor are we trying out for Juilard here) and it's always best to find the good things to say. That's not to say we should never find fault, just be careful the way we present it. For most of us this is our moment to shine at least a little. You are right when you say "every single recital submission is worth a page of praise." I wish I had more time (and patience) because it's so true.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by KevinM

This was great. It reminded me very much of some of the music that is used in the german Netflix series called Dark. I'd recommend the series, but if you like Leon's interpretation of a Warm place here I think you'd also enjoy the music of that series.

Wow, you nailed it. I've binged that one twice, one of my favorites. And the soundtrack...there's this song I already loved, "When I Was Done Dying" by Dan Deacon, and when this started playing during the episode I was so completely overcome with feeling.

And of course the haunting Goodbye by Apparat + Soap & Skin. Now I have to go see if there is a piano transcription of that one. How cool would that be? Thanks for the comment.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
R
R
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.5- Moderato You set a lovely mood in your playing and the voicing was very nicely done. I liked that you provided an explanation of the background behind the piece as well as its technical challenges too for those of us who are unfamiliar with it (me included).

02. Calavera - Roses of May I’m glad you found this piece again, it is so peaceful.

03. Gombessa - Frozen 2 - Show Yourself I loved that you had the split screen of yourself playing with the Frozen animation! In general, I find that pop songs have a lot of syncopated rhythms which are not easy but which you did great with. I also liked the moment of preparation prior to starting the piece. Some more dynamic contrast would bring out the dramatic side of the piece well (same comment I guess as you had for me!)
Thank you also for listening and commenting on my piece. Yes, I agree; I feel like when I play and record into the earphones, I hear more of a dynamic contrast but I thought the same when I listened back that it didn’t show as well in the recording. I actually noticed it when I recorded for the Beethoven themed recital, but forgot to fix it for this recording which is my fault. At least now I know it is not just my imagination!

04. MarieJ - The Family I thought this was wonderfully played with a great mood, especially impressive since you are a self learner! Thank you so much for your comments on my piece. Yes, I am feeling much much better since that recording was made 😊

05. KevinM - Hasche-Mann and Bittendes Kind from Kinderszenen Op 15.3 15.4 (to do) Good on you for trying this difficult piece. I can see that it has a lot of tricky passages, which you dealt with well. It takes a lot of perseverance to play a piece above one’s level (although I would not have noticed that myself, until you pointed it out!) Thank you as well for your generous comments on my piece, it was very motivating to hear 😊

06. Greta99 - Elizabeth This was played so charmingly and captured the “little girl” very well.

07. Peterws - A Pensive Place (to do). This was great! I’m always so impressed by improvisation of any kind. Loved the little grace notes (is that what they are still called in improv? Bends perhaps?) Thank you for listening and commenting on my piece!

08. barbaram - Lyric Pieces Op 12 No 5 Folk Melody The phrasing was so gentle and nicely done. Lovely piece.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
37. Keselo - Early French Song

Just beautiful. I'm lucky enough to have never heard it before, so your wonderful playing is my first introduction. Thank you.

38. Kevin1116 - Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op. 23

Wow 😲

This is stunning, and something else for me to aspire to. Thank you.

39. Augustina - Amazing Grace

I've always loved this piece. You play it with nice sensitivity. A good sense of rhythm and a good use of dynamics. I enjoyed the listen very much.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K

Just lovely, Martha Miller is a composer new to me from this recital, and I now have two new pieces. Your recording didn't show any sign of uncertainty, you've pulled off a great interpretation.

Another classic piece. You've got a nice sound out of your Synthogy VST. That was an enjoyable listen.

Oh what fun, definitely playtime and you sound you are enjoying yourself playing this. You have a lovely touch and sense of rhythm.

46. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina in A minor

What a sprightly and energetic sound. It also sounds like your having fun playing this. It very much shows what can be achieved with a Yamaha P-45, that is an impressive achievement.

47. selfishplayer - Fugue no21 WTC1 B flat Major

Bach is maddening, so many notes needing to be played quickly. I agree with QuasiUnaFantasia that you self evaluation is too harsh. Take your time and you will get this done.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
OK, I am still listening, slowly - skipping around and making my own playlist!

09. Peyton - Rue de Cascades (Improvisation) You sound so confident playing this - great improvisation on this piece!

11. Ido - k330, 2nd movement - Andante catabile Very nicely done - I always think of opera when I hear Mozart - this one sounds like a baritone or tenor aria. Good concentration!

14. Ruth CM - Waltz in A Flat Major, Op. 69 No. 1 My wife came walking through the kitchen while I was listening to your recording. She started dancing. Mission accomplished!

12. JJHLH - Prelude in E flat minor, Op. 16, No. 4 Boy that is short - and odd. I'm not a big Scriabin fan, but this was well done!

21. sandalholme - Suite in G Minor Very convincing sound from Pianoteq. My harpsichord is temporarily out of commission, so I am a bit envious. Well done!

25. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 20 in G major, 2nd mvmt Excellent playing - excellent recording!

56. piyamo - The sick doll, Op.68 No. 7 This is one of my favorites too - the poor little sick doll. Well done!

48. QuasiUnaFantasia - La Fille aux cheveux de lin Very nicely done - sensitive playing.

42. Ganddalf - Playtime from Summerland suite I have never heard this before - well done, and thanks for playing it!

38. Kevin1116 - Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op. 23 Outstanding! Congratulations on tackling such a difficult piece.

39. Augustina - Amazing Grace Well done! And nice video!

36. gmweek - La Fille Aux Cheveux Another girl with flaxen hair - very nice! Just some noise in the recording...

30. dumka1 - Sonata in E Minor, Hob XVI:34, 3rd movement Very lively and fun to listen to!

33. joangolfing - Sonata No. 4 (to do) I actually played a couple of Cimarosa pieces, but not this one. Very livel;y and happy. Well done!

29. WTM - Impromptu in A-flat Major, op. 142, No. 2 (D. 935) Very well done - I think it is better without all the repeats, but we have all heard it before. Back in Schubert's day, they didn't have the opportunity to listen to recordings (duh!), so they loved to repeat things. And the video link goes to the Gb, but you knew that already.

46. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonatina in A minor This has been played in the recitals before and I just love it. So energetic and full of life - well done!

47. selfishplayer - Fugue no21 WTC1 B flat Major Ok, it's not that bad - a good start. Slow it down to a speed where you can play it without mistakes. Slow practice = fast progress. Fast practice = slow progress.

34. Peter Hontaru - Kinderszenen 1 That's a tough piece, really, and yoiu did a great job with it. Loved how you brought out the lower voice!

51. Pathbreaker - Brahms Walzer Opus 39 No. 1 Nothing shy about this waltz! Loved it!

55. Purrblast - Little Prelude in C minor (BWV 934) Well done! Loved the soft/loud!

49. MrPozor - Aria in D Minor, BWV 515 I love those collections by Denis Agay - I actually played a piece by him - he had an interesting history. Loved your playing, and welcome back!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Many thanks to Ido, piano primo, Swiss MS, Quasi una fantasia, facdo, Riddler, Pianist 685, peterws, jotur, Gombassa, MarieJ, KevinM, Sam S for your kind comments. Re general style, I owned/played a copy of the 1769 Taskin for a period, not touching my old upright piano, so I had time to assimilate some of the various baroque styles. In truth I was most at home with the French school as the instrument was most at home with Couperin etc. So, I had to hone my trills and other ornaments! Trills are a lot easier on the harpsichord, there being no/negligible dynamics. Having recently acquired the PT Guisti I wanted to share the sound with those interested in harpsichords. It really is special. Whilst I have gone digital due to downsizing and play various PT pianos, harpsichords and a Hauptwerrk small organ, a large part of my heart still belongs to the baroque keyboard repertoire. Much as I like Chopin etc the harpsichord still has the power to draw me back. Many thanks.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
31. Jason Lenthe - Prelude in C Minor (WTC Book 1)
Bravo! A high energy tour de force! Very well done!

32. jotur/Cathy Turner - Chrysanthemum
Joplin at his best! That had a genuine ragtime feel to is. Well done, sis!

34. Peter Hontaru - Kinderszenen 1
Well done, Peter. You play with a nice touch, sure and steady.

36. gmweek - La Fille Aux Cheveux
Great work! I love this piece. You definitely bring out the beauty in it.

37. Keselo - Early French Song
A lovely, melodic piece, very appealing. Well done!

38. Kevin1116 - Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op. 23
Bravissimo! I really loved that! It is one of my favs of all time, and you played it with tremendous skill and passion. Made my day!

Ed

Great recital. Thank you for submitting such lovely piano music, my fellow performers. Thank you for supervising the recital, Sam S. Thank you, Monica K.

1. wouter79
What a fantastic opening performance for this recital. Great, even playing with a beautiful finish.

3. Gombessa
Unlike that Let it go earworm, the tunes from the second film didn't really make any lasting impression on me. However, your piano rendition is really enjoyable, possibly more so than the original version, which I don't remember. I really like the smaller changes in dynamics. Your performance shows good control and expressiveness. I look forward to hearing more of your playing.

4. MarieJ
Nice job MarieJ. I like the melancholy and subdued mood of this piece.

5. KevinM
I honestly couldn't tell you'd struggled with Hasche-Mann, as you play it so much panache. Great work as usual KevinM!

6. Peterws
Your submissions are always interesting, Peterws. While reading your comment, I thought that the piece evoked a relaxed bike ride in the spring, a gentle breeze ruffling your hair.

8. barbaram
That Grieg piece is quite lovely indeed, and your skills definitely do it justice.

9. Peyton
An enjoyable reimagining of Iiersen's composition. I like the combination of lightness and momentum that you manage to sustain throughout the performance.

11. Ido
Good job. As far as I can tell, changing the way you played this was a good call.

14. Ruth CM
I thoroughly enjoyed your playing here. Your love for the piece really shows, and that makes this Chopin performance a successful Chopin performance in my book.

15. Serge88
I like this familiar tune, which you play with great control and confidence. Thanks for sharing this.

16. EdmondRhapsoyy
Yum yum, some Hisaishi goodness. I'm very familar with this piece. Your tempo is slightly slower than the original's, but that's not a big deal and it gives the piece a pleasantly mellow quality. More importantly, you nailed that one part you couldn't afford to mess up around 1:20, with the wonderful dramatic change. Thank you for submmitting this.

18. thepianoplayer416
That organ sound was a great choice. Really nice performance. This as Bach-y as it gets.

20. Riddler
A nice, relaxing ballad. Thanks for this competent performance.

22. Snejana
Really fun Kabalevsky piece. I barely had time to enjoy this. It's like a sweet piece of candy, except that this one melts in your ear.

23. Pianist685
The piano arrangement of this theme song sounds way better than I expected. I especially like the opening part.

24. pianistamy
A light, pleasant ballad. I can see why you like this composer. It reminds me a bit of Yann Tiersen's works, but maybe that's because his name is Ffrench - how can this NOT be a typo? Anyway, nice work on this enjoyable piece.

25. PikaPianist
As enjoyable as a fun boat trip (without the kraken thing). Nice playing as usual, PikaPianist.

26. SwissMS/Doris
I can relate to your hankering for easy pieces. Not every piano project needs to be a grand enterprise. What's more, your performance really seems to benefit from the enjoyment it brings you. Nice playing!

27. facdo
Your comment may sound insecure, but I can't hear it over the sound of your passionate playing! Nice and expressive Mendelssohn performance.

28. sinophilia
I really like the carefree, light-hearted sound of this performance! Thanks for sharing this piece.

32. Jotur / Cathy Turner
Nice playing! It was hard to listen to this without bobbing my head. What a fun piece.

34. Peter Hontaru
Good job with this Schumann piece. I like the gentle, nostalgic mood.

35. Tim Adrianson
Hmm, this piece is quite an interesting way to tell a story. Thanks for sharing this.

36. gmweek
It's funny that you can play this well, but can't tell what piano model you're playing on!

37. Keselo
Ha! Who cares about how technically impressive a piece is, when you can make it sound this good? Thanks for submitting some enjoyable Tchaikovsky music.

38. Kevin1116
A bold choice for a first recital submission. I really enjoyed your skilful, confident and fluid playing. You definitely sound like an experienced player. I look forward to hearing more performances from you.

39. Augustina
It's the first time I've heard this pretty arrangement of Amazing Grace. I can see why you like it. Thanks for sharing your competent performance.

40. JoBert
I liked this the moment you played the first notes. I couldn't tell that recording this had given you some trouble, since you play it in a smooth, flowing way.

41. PianoPrimo
I like this gentle take on 'darkness my old friend', though this gentleness might also make it even darker and more insidious... Nice playing either way.

43. Mosotti
You play this freaking well!

44. InitK (Natasha)
I really hope you'll try out a better recording method next time. I'd love to hear your skilful and beautiful playing through a higher-quality recording.

45. Hawgdriver (Leon)
A nice piece that translates well to solo piano. An enjoyable and suitably even performance.

46. mel_lem (Melanie)
I'm impressed that you can make a P-45 sound this good! Nice playing.

47. selfishplayer
This is NOT terrible, certainly not in terms of musicality.

48. QuasiUnaFantasia
I really like the effortlessly delicate sound of your playing here.

50. ShiroKuro
Thanks for this Einaudi performance. The part that starts around 2:00 (and comes back with a revenge around 4:00) is quite haunting.

51. Pathbreaker
I really like the subtle dynamics changes in your performance.

53. lvojnovic
Nice and suitably bright Haydn performance. I didn't hear the mistakes you're talking about.

54. Sam S
Thanks for playing this unforgettable Bach piece. It's probably a perfect soundtrack for a beautiful morning.

55. piyamo
Nice delicate playing!

A big thank you to the people who commented on my recording: SwissMS, Kevin1116, Ido, KevinM, QuasiUnaFantasia, facdo, Piyamo, peterws, piano_primo, jotur, Serge88, Gombessa, MarieJ and Ruth_CM. I really enjoyed reading your feedback, and some of you can even describe the piece better than I can.

Originally Posted by Kevin1116
02. Calavera - Roses of May - The harmonies starting around 3:05 are really amazing. This was a joy to listen to. I started playing FFIX (on Switch!) not too long ago and decided to pick up the piano collections book, but this arrangement is definitely more complicated than the piano collections arrangement; I definitely need to take a look into it!
While the Piano Collections arrangement is quite lovely in its own right, the Piano Opera version gives it a little more oomph, for lack of a better word. I strongly suggest that you check out the whole album. If you like FF music as much as I do, you're in for a treat!

Last edited by Calavera; 05/23/20 02:46 AM.
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hey Calavera, I went to see the Colorado Symphony do a FF concert last year. It was neat. 7 is my favorite, no surprise there. I did grow up on 1-3 and 7 was the next I played, then during 8 I got bored.

Video game music is pretty amazing any more.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K

I enjoyed this very much. Really lovely sound to it that you have captured well. Well done. One day I'll have to play some Debussy.

49. MrPozor - Aria in D Minor, BWV 515

I like this Aria and your playing makes this into a really enjoyable listen. I feel you stayed away from the baroque Bach sound and it works well.

50. ShiroKuro - Ascent

I remember Monica's performance of this piece. This is a lovely reminder and you have captured the feel of the piece so well.

51. Pathbreaker - Brahms Walzer Opus 39 No. 1

Played like I can picture dancers in dance hall twirling and dancing in rhythm to the music.

52. winterflower - snowdrift flaking

A powerful melancholy feeling to this. The style, modern romantic, not to be confused with the new romantics. I enjoyed this.

Hopefully I can finish my comments later today.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
39. Augustina - Amazing Grace
Augustina, glad to see you back in the recitals. Lovely performance, it sounds like you adapted quickly to your new piano, which I like the sound of. Love those videos too. Good job!

Sounds wonderful! I think many of us have the experience that we finally produce a recording that has a serene, tranquil feeling, but ironically we know it was the result of a struggle and a lot of frustration! Anyway, it all gave me a relaxed and comfortable mood. Great work!

Love that song, and always have. That is an appealing arrangement, switching from left-hand melody to right hand, with fuller texture. I really liked the way you played the ending, very fitting.

Light-hearted, playful, it conjures up images of a spring day. Lovely!

There is a depth to this piece, and the way you play it, that grabs me. Well done!

I can see her now in my mind's eye. I love this piece, loved your performance. Well done.

Ed

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
53. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 1. movement

Your description suggests that you suffer that well known illness, red recording light nervousness syndrome. But I don't think I can notice it. You play with a good assurance. I enjoyed the listen of this busy piece.

54. Sam S - Aria from Goldberg Variations

So very Bach, you've captured that sound so well. You are so right, when it comes to a lot of Bach there are no hiding places, I did enjoy your ornaments. You have an economy of movement when playing, which I think must do you well. Little in the way unnecessary complication when playing.

55. Purrblast - Little Prelude in C minor (BWV 934)

Beautiful, and so nicely played. Your piano sounds lovely.

56. piyamo - The sick doll, Op.68 No. 7

This is lovely, your playing of it captures a deep sadness.

======================
What a wonderful recital. So much variety. So much excellent playing, my only fear is that new beginners need to feel welcome to join in and not feel intimidated. We are all on a similar journey, some just started earlier than others.

I hope those like AssociateX who I would have normally expected to be around for the recital are ok. I miss their contributions and hope they are doing well.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Calavera
6. Peterws
Your submissions are always interesting, Peterws. While reading your comment, I thought that the piece evoked a relaxed bike ride in the spring, a gentle breeze ruffling your hair.

Thank you kindly, Vera! (just a calculated guess as to your name; I'm not always right) It's blowing a hooligan where I am. Neighbour's fence down (again).
You can easily keep up with the cars on the way out of town; I love it. It's a different story coming home . . . .and there's no wind gets to my hair. 2 hats and a crash helmet for me. One keeps the sun out o' my eyes, the other keeps the heat in my head.

One should not relax on a bike. I relax here. grin

May I take this opportunity to thank you, one and all, for your comments without which this recital would not be as well supported as it is.
You are all stars! Take care!

Last edited by peterws; 05/23/20 01:09 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Ok, I'm late but here are some of my comments. I have enjoyed this recital so much, thank you everyone!

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.5- Moderato This was wonderful to listen to! I don’t think I’d hear it before, but now I want to hear the other pieces in the Etudes Tableaux

02. Calavera - Roses of May I’ve always been interested in playing something by Uematsu but never have yet. Your recording makes me think now might be the time! Well done!

03. Gombessa - Frozen 2 - Show Yourself Welcome to the ABF recitals!! Popular music has its own challenges and you’ve done a really nice job with this recording!

04. MarieJ - The Family I wasn’t familiar with this piece, although I’ve listened to some Richter before. This is a very compelling piece and your playing brings that through wonderfully!

05. KevinM - Hasche-Mann and Bittendes Kind from Kinderszenen Op 15.3 15.4 Very nice!

06. Greta99 - Elizabeth I love listening to your recording with the description “a slip of girl” in mind, makes me think of my little niece!

07. Peterws - A Pensive Place That was lovely! And very pensive indeed, but in a nice way rather than a brooding way! smile

08. barbaram - Lyric Pieces Op 12 No 5 Folk Melody I don’t know much Grieg but I really enjoyed your playing.

09. Peyton - Rue de Cascades (Improvisation) Your “caution to the wind” is really great! I enjoyed your playing of this piece a lot! Esp. since you had posted about it before the recital went live, so I was looking forward to it. And I was not disappointed!

10. Sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Thanksgiving I have always loved this piece, and you did a great job with it! And I really enjoyed your recording of GW’s Kanon as well, wonderful! This makes me want get some GW back into my fingers again. Thank you for the inspiration!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Thank you to the following people for listening and commenting on my piece:
Ido, MarieJ, Piyamo, piano_primo, Gombessa, hawgdriver, peterws, SwissMS, Peyton, QuasiUnaFantasia, Calavera, KevinM

My participation in the ABF and in the recitals is sporadic (esp. compared to years ago), thank you all for making me feel welcomed and heard!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission