2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
Bummer no Grand Piano frown

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
P
P
Originally Posted by JoBert
Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Hi,
has anyone done any testing to update the CA98 to CA99 v1.0.4 firmware?
Last week, I have sent a message to the support to know if they prepare a new firmware (latest is v1.0.2)...
Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result.
I read, that problem appears for several customer.
The CA99 firmware cannot be used with the CA98. Navindra tried it on his NV10 (same firmware as CA98) and almost bricked his piano. Or so he wrote.
Thank a lot. I didn't read all post.
I don't if memories are same into theses modeles.
For business, I am sure Kawai will never developp a new display/system for old pianos... ;o((

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Hello Pascaloux,

As JoBert notes above, this CA99/CA79 software update is not compatible with the CA98/CA78.

Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result. I read, that problem appears for several customer.

I believe this issue could occur with the CA98/CA99 v1.0.2d software, but was quickly fixed with an update. The latest software for the CA98/CA99 is actually v1.0.2j - please refer to this thread for more information.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
G
G
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Pascaloux,

As JoBert notes above, this CA99/CA79 software update is not compatible with the CA98/CA78.

Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result. I read, that problem appears for several customer.

I believe this issue could occur with the CA98/CA99 v1.0.2d software, but was quickly fixed with an update. The latest software for the CA98/CA99 is actually v1.0.2j - please refer to this thread for more information.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hi folks at Kawai:

It would be very helpful if the updates listed on your download page would also carry the "version letter" in the name. So we could see that it is a new version. The German forum does not post any new release. So it is difficult.

Thx

Galuwen

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Galuwen
It would be very helpful if the updates listed on your download page would also carry the "version letter" in the name.

Okay, done.

Note that this additional "version letter" system only applies to the CA98/CA78, NV10, and ATX3/AURES.

Kind regards,
James
x

P
P
Hello Pascaloux,

Kind regards,
James
x
Hi James,

For your information the v1.0.2j is already running in my CA98 ... ;o) - I will try to format the USB stick by the piano itself. (I read that solution in this forum 5 minutes ago)
Do you know if in the future, we could have touchscreen system display as CAx9 series?

Others questions :
- Why I can't use PianoRemote app for CA99 on my CA98? May be this app is only for new equipments? if that is the reason: Do you know if this app will be compatible with older piano in the future ?
- Why Virtual Technician app is not avaible for Iphone, only for Ipad?

I have choosen Kawai for the brand and serious. I bought my CA98 after 4 years with CN25. And now, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed...

Thank you to be present in this forum, it's always interresting to have a professionnal from Kawai whom we can ask questions.

Last edited by Pascaloux; 04/13/20 04:01 AM.
OP Offline
Hello Pascaloux,

Thank you for your reply, and for your kind words.

For your information the v1.0.2j is already running in my CA98 ... ;o) - I will try to format the USB stick by the piano itself. (I read that solution in this forum 5 minutes ago)

Yes, if you're already using v1.0.2j but experience issues when writing to USB memory, please try formatting the USB device in the piano itself, or try using a different USB device.

Do you know if in the future, we could have touchscreen system display as CAx9 series?

No, I don't believe this is possible - the CAx8 and CAx9 systems and hardware are completely different.

- Why I can't use PianoRemote app for CA99 on my CA98? May be this app is only for new equipments? if that is the reason: Do you know if this app will be compatible with older piano in the future ?

The CAx8 and CAx9 communication systems are completely different, therefore the PianoRemote app is not compatible with the CA98.

- Why Virtual Technician app is not avaible for Iphone, only for Ipad?

I'm afraid I don't know. Perhaps the developer originally intended the app to be available for iPad only.

Kind regards,
James
x

P
P
Yes, if you're already using v1.0.2j but experience issues when writing to USB memory, please try formatting the USB device in the piano itself, or try using a different USB device.
I have just formatted it by the piano. i will see by using.

No, I don't believe this is possible - the CAx8 and CAx9 systems and hardware are completely different.
bad news...

The CAx8 and CAx9 communication systems are completely different, therefore the PianoRemote app is not compatible with the CA98.
bad news...

I'm afraid I don't know. Perhaps the developer originally intended the app to be available for iPad only.

But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

"Connecting a Kawai instrument to a device via Bluetooth MIDI"
"iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)"

D
D
Hello James,

I am considering buying the new CA99. You mentioned that in a future software update it will be possible to adjust the volume and brightness of INDIVIDUAL keys as it was possible with the CA97, CS11, CA98,...
Is this now possible with the new software? The downloadable manual does not mention it yet.

Thanks very much for an answer.
Daniel

Last edited by danielp11; 04/13/20 06:48 AM.

KAWAI CS11 (sold KAWAI CA 97), KAWAI GX2 acoustic grand piano (sold SCHIMMEL acoustic upright)
OP Offline
But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

The Virtual Technician iPad app is just used as an example of how to connect Bluetooth MIDI in different apps. I don’t believe the page above indicates that the Virtual Technician app is available for the iPhone.

Kind regards,
James
x

OP Offline
Hello Daniel,

Originally Posted by danielp11
Hello James,

I am considering buying the new CA99. You mentioned that in a future software update it will be possible to adjust the volume and brightness of INDIVIDUAL keys as it was possible with the CA97, CS11, CA98,...
Is this now possible with the new software? The downloadable manual does not mention it yet.

This functionality will be added with future software updates, however it is not currently possible - even with the recent software update posted last week.

Kind regards,
James
x

D
D

The Virtual Technician iPad app is just used as an example of how to connect Bluetooth MIDI in different apps. I don’t believe the page above indicates that the Virtual Technician app is available for the iPhone.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks James

KAWAI CS11 (sold KAWAI CA 97), KAWAI GX2 acoustic grand piano (sold SCHIMMEL acoustic upright)
P
P

Kind regards,
James
x
that is depending how you want to read the document. In my opinion it's contentious. ;o)
Anyway, this application doesn't exist for Iphone, it's too bad.

R
R
Hello Daniel,

Originally Posted by danielp11
Hello James,

This functionality will be added with future software updates, however it is not currently possible - even with the recent software update posted last week.

Kind regards,
James
x

We definitely need this feature. My CA99 is loud on the middle octaves, and okay on the bass, but on the high notes, it becomes very soft. This is especially true with the SK-EX sound. Is there another way to adjust this with the current software?

OP Offline
New touchpanel and system firmware updates online!

Latest release
LCD Touch Panel: v1.0.6 (April 2020)
System Firmware: v1.08 (April 2020)

This update is mainly to resolve some issues with the PianoRemote app, which was also updated today.

Kind regards,
James
x

M
M
Great, but I could not reach the website for the whole day. It seems to be down. I can reach the German site, but the software is not there yet...

M
M
Originally Posted by Martinez
Great, but I could not reach the website for the whole day. It seems to be down. I can reach the German site, but the software is not there yet...
Website is up again and update is done. I could neither see nor hear any noticeable difference. The release notes are very thin and cryptic. This should be easy to improve...

T
T
After updating to the latest version, UI feel faster / smoother. Launch time also dropped a bit, now around 30 seconds for me. Good work.

My current wish list for software fixes:
- backlight does not turn off when AutoDisplay off is enabled
- internal speakers can’t be turned off from software (when using line out). (workaround: insert headphone plug)
- when playing music via bluetooth audio, auto power off should not turn off the piano
- line out volume should be optionally adjustable separate from master

G
G
Hello Folks,

searching my way though the new Software of my CA99:

I found out, that the "local off" setting (maybe all System Settings) can't be "stored" in user Presets:

On my old CA98 I stored a Setup with "local off" as "VST" Setting (with Special headphone Setup,...).

Thus seems impossible with my CA99 > It stores all Settings of my "Piano" but not "local off" info nore any other System Setting.

It is not a deal breaker because instead I can now quick enter the MIDI Setup from the Piano page and switch it off > Just wanted to justify with James that is not a Software bug :-).

Galuwen

G
G
Originally Posted by Tuomas 2
After updating to the latest version, UI feel faster / smoother. Launch time also dropped a bit, now around 30 seconds for me. Good work.

My current wish list for software fixes:
- backlight does not turn off when AutoDisplay off is enabled
- internal speakers can’t be turned off from software (when using line out). (workaround: insert headphone plug)
- when playing music via bluetooth audio, auto power off should not turn off the piano
- line out volume should be optionally adjustable separate from master

I would like to add: Stepless adjustable Headphone Volume: So one could adjust volume level to Level of piano speaker system. The "Normal" "Loud" Levels it not precise enough.

Galuwen

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission