2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Week Deals
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
35 members (Calavera, AprilE, Georg Z., Gaius, benz-tech, 11 invisible), 1,077 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,821
E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Offline
1000 Post Club Member
E
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,821
Bummer no Grand Piano frown


All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
P
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
P
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by JoBert
Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Hi,
has anyone done any testing to update the CA98 to CA99 v1.0.4 firmware?
Last week, I have sent a message to the support to know if they prepare a new firmware (latest is v1.0.2)...
Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result.
I read, that problem appears for several customer.
The CA99 firmware cannot be used with the CA98. Navindra tried it on his NV10 (same firmware as CA98) and almost bricked his piano. Or so he wrote.
Thank a lot. I didn't read all post.
I don't if memories are same into theses modeles.
For business, I am sure Kawai will never developp a new display/system for old pianos... ;o((

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Hello Pascaloux,

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
has anyone done any testing to update the CA98 to CA99 v1.0.4 firmware?

As JoBert notes above, this CA99/CA79 software update is not compatible with the CA98/CA78.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result. I read, that problem appears for several customer.

I believe this issue could occur with the CA98/CA99 v1.0.2d software, but was quickly fixed with an update. The latest software for the CA98/CA99 is actually v1.0.2j - please refer to this thread for more information.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
G
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Pascaloux,

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
has anyone done any testing to update the CA98 to CA99 v1.0.4 firmware?

As JoBert notes above, this CA99/CA79 software update is not compatible with the CA98/CA78.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result. I read, that problem appears for several customer.

I believe this issue could occur with the CA98/CA99 v1.0.2d software, but was quickly fixed with an update. The latest software for the CA98/CA99 is actually v1.0.2j - please refer to this thread for more information.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hi folks at Kawai:

It would be very helpful if the updates listed on your download page would also carry the "version letter" in the name. So we could see that it is a new version. The German forum does not post any new release. So it is difficult.

Thx

Galuwen

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Originally Posted by Galuwen
It would be very helpful if the updates listed on your download page would also carry the "version letter" in the name.

Okay, done.

Note that this additional "version letter" system only applies to the CA98/CA78, NV10, and ATX3/AURES.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
P
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
P
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Pascaloux,

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
has anyone done any testing to update the CA98 to CA99 v1.0.4 firmware?

As JoBert notes above, this CA99/CA79 software update is not compatible with the CA98/CA78.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Sometimes, my CA98 is blocked if I want to store my music to the USB stick --> all the touches are disabled after. I have tried to reset/upgrade to v1.0.2 without any result. I read, that problem appears for several customer.

I believe this issue could occur with the CA98/CA99 v1.0.2d software, but was quickly fixed with an update. The latest software for the CA98/CA99 is actually v1.0.2j - please refer to this thread for more information.

Kind regards,
James
x
Hi James,

For your information the v1.0.2j is already running in my CA98 ... ;o) - I will try to format the USB stick by the piano itself. (I read that solution in this forum 5 minutes ago)
Do you know if in the future, we could have touchscreen system display as CAx9 series?

Others questions :
- Why I can't use PianoRemote app for CA99 on my CA98? May be this app is only for new equipments? if that is the reason: Do you know if this app will be compatible with older piano in the future ?
- Why Virtual Technician app is not avaible for Iphone, only for Ipad?

I have choosen Kawai for the brand and serious. I bought my CA98 after 4 years with CN25. And now, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed...

Thank you to be present in this forum, it's always interresting to have a professionnal from Kawai whom we can ask questions.

Last edited by Pascaloux; 04/13/20 03:01 AM.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Hello Pascaloux,

Thank you for your reply, and for your kind words.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
For your information the v1.0.2j is already running in my CA98 ... ;o) - I will try to format the USB stick by the piano itself. (I read that solution in this forum 5 minutes ago)

Yes, if you're already using v1.0.2j but experience issues when writing to USB memory, please try formatting the USB device in the piano itself, or try using a different USB device.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
Do you know if in the future, we could have touchscreen system display as CAx9 series?

No, I don't believe this is possible - the CAx8 and CAx9 systems and hardware are completely different.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
- Why I can't use PianoRemote app for CA99 on my CA98? May be this app is only for new equipments? if that is the reason: Do you know if this app will be compatible with older piano in the future ?

The CAx8 and CAx9 communication systems are completely different, therefore the PianoRemote app is not compatible with the CA98.

Originally Posted by Pascaloux
- Why Virtual Technician app is not avaible for Iphone, only for Ipad?

I'm afraid I don't know. Perhaps the developer originally intended the app to be available for iPad only.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
P
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
P
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Yes, if you're already using v1.0.2j but experience issues when writing to USB memory, please try formatting the USB device in the piano itself, or try using a different USB device.
I have just formatted it by the piano. i will see by using.


Originally Posted by Kawai James
No, I don't believe this is possible - the CAx8 and CAx9 systems and hardware are completely different.
bad news...


Originally Posted by Kawai James
The CAx8 and CAx9 communication systems are completely different, therefore the PianoRemote app is not compatible with the CA98.
bad news...

Originally Posted by Kawai James
I'm afraid I don't know. Perhaps the developer originally intended the app to be available for iPad only.

But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

"Connecting a Kawai instrument to a device via Bluetooth MIDI"
"iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)"

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
D
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
D
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Hello James,

I am considering buying the new CA99. You mentioned that in a future software update it will be possible to adjust the volume and brightness of INDIVIDUAL keys as it was possible with the CA97, CS11, CA98,...
Is this now possible with the new software? The downloadable manual does not mention it yet.

Thanks very much for an answer.
Daniel

Last edited by danielp11; 04/13/20 05:48 AM.

KAWAI CS11 (sold KAWAI CA 97), KAWAI GX2 acoustic grand piano (sold SCHIMMEL acoustic upright)
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Originally Posted by Pascaloux
But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

"Connecting a Kawai instrument to a device via Bluetooth MIDI"
"iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)"

The Virtual Technician iPad app is just used as an example of how to connect Bluetooth MIDI in different apps. I don’t believe the page above indicates that the Virtual Technician app is available for the iPhone.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Hello Daniel,

Originally Posted by danielp11
Hello James,

I am considering buying the new CA99. You mentioned that in a future software update it will be possible to adjust the volume and brightness of INDIVIDUAL keys as it was possible with the CA97, CS11, CA98,...
Is this now possible with the new software? The downloadable manual does not mention it yet.

This functionality will be added with future software updates, however it is not currently possible - even with the recent software update posted last week.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
D
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
D
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Pascaloux
But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

"Connecting a Kawai instrument to a device via Bluetooth MIDI"
"iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)"

The Virtual Technician iPad app is just used as an example of how to connect Bluetooth MIDI in different apps. I don’t believe the page above indicates that the Virtual Technician app is available for the iPhone.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks James


KAWAI CS11 (sold KAWAI CA 97), KAWAI GX2 acoustic grand piano (sold SCHIMMEL acoustic upright)
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
P
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
P
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Pascaloux
But in your website is noticed that we can use it on Iphone : https://www.kawai-global.com/support/bluetooth/

"Connecting a Kawai instrument to a device via Bluetooth MIDI"
"iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)"

The Virtual Technician iPad app is just used as an example of how to connect Bluetooth MIDI in different apps. I don’t believe the page above indicates that the Virtual Technician app is available for the iPhone.

Kind regards,
James
x
that is depending how you want to read the document. In my opinion it's contentious. ;o)
Anyway, this application doesn't exist for Iphone, it's too bad.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 38
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Daniel,

Originally Posted by danielp11
Hello James,

I am considering buying the new CA99. You mentioned that in a future software update it will be possible to adjust the volume and brightness of INDIVIDUAL keys as it was possible with the CA97, CS11, CA98,...
Is this now possible with the new software? The downloadable manual does not mention it yet.

This functionality will be added with future software updates, however it is not currently possible - even with the recent software update posted last week.

Kind regards,
James
x

We definitely need this feature. My CA99 is loud on the middle octaves, and okay on the bass, but on the high notes, it becomes very soft. This is especially true with the SK-EX sound. Is there another way to adjust this with the current software?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,714
New touchpanel and system firmware updates online!

Latest release
LCD Touch Panel: v1.0.6 (April 2020)
System Firmware: v1.08 (April 2020)

This update is mainly to resolve some issues with the PianoRemote app, which was also updated today.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 171
M
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by Kawai James
New touchpanel and system firmware updates online!
Great, but I could not reach the website for the whole day. It seems to be down. I can reach the German site, but the software is not there yet...

Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 171
M
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 171
Originally Posted by Martinez
Originally Posted by Kawai James
New touchpanel and system firmware updates online!
Great, but I could not reach the website for the whole day. It seems to be down. I can reach the German site, but the software is not there yet...
Website is up again and update is done. I could neither see nor hear any noticeable difference. The release notes are very thin and cryptic. This should be easy to improve...

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 22
T
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 22
After updating to the latest version, UI feel faster / smoother. Launch time also dropped a bit, now around 30 seconds for me. Good work.

My current wish list for software fixes:
- backlight does not turn off when AutoDisplay off is enabled
- internal speakers can’t be turned off from software (when using line out). (workaround: insert headphone plug)
- when playing music via bluetooth audio, auto power off should not turn off the piano
- line out volume should be optionally adjustable separate from master

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
G
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
Hello Folks,

searching my way though the new Software of my CA99:

I found out, that the "local off" setting (maybe all System Settings) can't be "stored" in user Presets:

On my old CA98 I stored a Setup with "local off" as "VST" Setting (with Special headphone Setup,...).

Thus seems impossible with my CA99 > It stores all Settings of my "Piano" but not "local off" info nore any other System Setting.

It is not a deal breaker because instead I can now quick enter the MIDI Setup from the Piano page and switch it off > Just wanted to justify with James that is not a Software bug :-).

Galuwen

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
G
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 299
Originally Posted by Tuomas 2
After updating to the latest version, UI feel faster / smoother. Launch time also dropped a bit, now around 30 seconds for me. Good work.

My current wish list for software fixes:
- backlight does not turn off when AutoDisplay off is enabled
- internal speakers can’t be turned off from software (when using line out). (workaround: insert headphone plug)
- when playing music via bluetooth audio, auto power off should not turn off the piano
- line out volume should be optionally adjustable separate from master

I would like to add: Stepless adjustable Headphone Volume: So one could adjust volume level to Level of piano speaker system. The "Normal" "Loud" Levels it not precise enough.

Galuwen

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Allegretto from Granados Escenas Romanticas Fingering
by luthierone - 12/03/21 11:57 PM
Ohio Valley Gem
by Jayekanan - 12/03/21 11:10 PM
For those who play David Nevue
by ShiroKuro - 12/03/21 10:39 PM
Tone of a Fazioli Piano and How to Voice it?
by PianoLover123 - 12/03/21 06:07 PM
Kawai CN29 or CN39
by Teresaw - 12/03/21 02:42 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,377
Posts3,150,505
Members103,510
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine


© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5