2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, colinvda, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, 5 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 101 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 100 101
P
P
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Vivace, this is my attempt (non-official grin ) to chase after metronome and I think I might be able to get this eventually... whome I'll continue practicing and thanks for all the encouragement which I appreciate very much!

Oh my!!! Wish4_Thing, I thought you said, “Speed wasn’t your friend.” That was so wrong! That was awesome!!! I can’t even imagine doing that! Which book is that in? I’m in awe!!!

Fran...

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
@Fran, this is in 3A performance book. I personally think songs in performance book sounds more interesting but they are a bit harder for me to play. You have learned some good hand techniques from your teacher, I'm sure you'll progress a whole lot faster than I did!

@Chili Time, looking forward to your recording! your last recording was smooth, clean, even, showing solid foundation you built on piano playing skills.

@dobro, as I mentioned before, I started Faber from Accelerated lesson book Level 2 and now I realize I missed great deal of beautiful songs in Level 2 and AIO Level 1. Let us listen to some of those from your recordings smile

Faber Lesson Book 4/Beyer Op.101/Czerny Op. 599

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@Fran, this is in 3A performance book. I personally think songs in performance book sounds more interesting but they are a bit harder for me to play. You have learned some good hand techniques from your teacher, I'm sure you'll progress a whole lot faster than I did!

@Chili Time, looking forward to your recording! your last recording was smooth, clean, even, showing solid foundation you built on piano playing skills.

@dobro, as I mentioned before, I started Faber from Accelerated lesson book Level 2 and now I realize I missed great deal of beautiful songs in Level 2 and AIO Level 1. Let us listen to some of those from your recordings smile

I do need to record something. I’ve got a bit of red light fear coupled with laziness I guess.

Alesis Coda Pro
PianoVideoLessons.com Currently unit 4
Faber All In One -Level 2
Grateful Dead fan since 1987
dobro #2951993 02/26/20 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by dobro
I do need to record something. I’ve got a bit of red light fear coupled with laziness I guess.

I record every song in the book, just want to listen how it sounds, it helps to adjust my dynamics... after a while, I'm not too nervous about recording any more. but I still can't play in front of people blush

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@Wish4_Thing, that is a smart way of doing it. I used to record guitar practices some but I need to get into a habit like you describe.

Alesis Coda Pro
C
C
Vivace, this is my attempt (non-official grin ) to chase after metronome and I think I might be able to get this eventually... whome I'll continue practicing and thanks for all the encouragement which I appreciate very much!

This is inspiratioal, keeping up with the metronome at this speed and getting the piece to sound good with the dynamics as well

I have a long way to go before I can get anywhere near. to being able to play as well as this . Your posting gets me excited to know that If I keep at it with the faber books and lots of practice this is what we have to look forward to.

Well done for achiving this level in your playing

Working on PianoTV CCP-1 online course and have completed PianoTV CPP-B online course
Playing on a Rolands HP 505 Digital Piano
P
P
Originally Posted by CognitaP
pagirl

You mention you are using Hannon-faber using the circular wrist motions . Have you skipped the 16th note exercises and gone onto some of the others ?

Missed this when I first read it, I am just using the first three gestures every morning to create muscle memory, and establish a habit of movement. Very slowly at first, then buildIng up speed. Now trying to incorporate the movement into every song I play. It’s the repetitive motion I’m trying to achieve. A flow of the wrist.

Fran...

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
@CognitaP Thanks! You and everyone on this thread are my inspiration and motivation too! We all have a long way to go, and I'm glad we are moving forward on this journey together!

I developed bad habit when I was studying Alfred's book with a CD, I paid more attention to keeping up with the CD instead of listening to myself playing and my music sounded mechanical... now I'm trying to change this with Faber books, I rarely use metronome now, but this particular piece is way too fast than my capability, so I had to use metronome to get myself up to speed...

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
C
C
pagirl thanks for the reply . Im might try to practince these slowley to get the technique right it may help with stengthenong my hands. I will keep you posted to how I get on with them .

WIsh4 Thing

I find I use the metronome a lot to ensure that I get the pieces up to tempo and fluent. I agree that the danger is that the pieces become mechanical. This is why I try and alternate playing the pieces sometimes with and sometimes without the metronome so I dont become too relient on it. One of the many things I like about the Faber PA method is that it is encouraging us to develop the artistry in our playing and not just playing pieces mechanically . One of the other things I do is once a piece is learnt, I continue with the piece until solid then leave it for a while and come back back to it, to keep it fresh. I do occasonally record myself and listen back to it but dont do this for every piece. maybe I will start doing this. I think recoding pieces and listening to them does give you a better perspective, as when you are playing you are concentrating on lots of things whereas listening you only have to concentrate on what you hear. As such you can pick up much more clearly what needs to be improved on and what has gone well

Working on PianoTV CCP-1 online course and have completed PianoTV CPP-B online course
Playing on a Rolands HP 505 Digital Piano
E
E
Great recordings, pagirl and wish4thing!! Thanks for sharing!!

enw10, thank you! I enjoyed your recording too!

Originally Posted by CognitaP
I do occasonally record myself and listen back to it but dont do this for every piece. maybe I will start doing this. I think recoding pieces and listening to them does give you a better perspective, as when you are playing you are concentrating on lots of things whereas listening you only have to concentrate on what you hear. As such you can pick up much more clearly what needs to be improved on and what has gone well

I find it different between how my music sounds and how I want it to sound grin Recordings help me to close the gap...

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I’m enjoying “In My Red Convertible” from book 2, ch7. I’m liking “Theme From Scheherazade” also but I’m not there with getting it to sound good enough yet., those rolled chords are tricky to get consistent.

Alesis Coda Pro
dobro #2952523 02/28/20 11:24 AM
@dobro, I went on youtube to listen to these 2 songs, like both of them, looking forward to your version!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
enw10 #2952551 02/28/20 12:35 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by enw10
Great recordings, pagirl and wish4thing!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you enw10! I am excited to get on to my next Unit, the scales and chords! Working toward arpeggios. I have noticed that almost all the music I listen to, and love, has the left hand using soft arpeggios, and I really want to learn how to do that! The consistent soft touch is still a mystery to me, there’s got to be a trick to it! I’m checking out online videos to see if I can pick something up there.

Fran...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@dobro, I went on youtube to listen to these 2 songs, like both of them, looking forward to your version!

Me too. I’ve been thinking that I need to step up in several areas and recording is a must. As you and others have said, it will help to find things that we may not notice while focused on playing.

Alesis Coda Pro
dobro #2952603 02/28/20 03:08 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by dobro

Please do! This thread got a lot more interesting when people began to post recordings. I enjoy hearing what everyone is working on.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
I'll let myself pass Vivace although it's still not perfect... I can tell my left hand is clumsy, the best I can do is to hit the right keys but not as musical as I wanted it to be. Hopefully over the time, I can train my left hand to be more flexible. Right hand is not good enough with legato either.

Have a nice weekend to everyone!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@Wish4_Thing, I enjoyed your “Moon River”

Alesis Coda Pro
dobro #2952906 02/29/20 12:44 PM
Thank you, dobro! Moon River was from a while back... now I'm listening to it, I think left hand could be softer... With Edelweiss (4 weeks ago), left hand is still not soft enough, but I tried grin

P
P
Wish 4 Thing, you are such an inspiration! Your practice of examining your work through recordings is invaluable! Every time I listen to a recording I’m working on, I hone in on something I want to do better or differently! For me, the hard part is to just choose one thing to work on, but I do think that’s important! Isolate and overcome!!! How do you do that? Do you have a specific list of things in your mind to look for? Your Vivace sounds perfect to me!

Fran...

Page 72 of 101 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 100 101

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission