2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
65 members (andrewlapp, clothearednincompo, BachToTheFuture, cfhosford, brennbaer, BlakeOR, Carey, 14 invisible), 635 guests, and 490 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 40 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 39 40
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
G
Full Member
Online Content
Full Member
G
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Anybody found a picture of the polished ebony finish of the NEW ca99? I orded it as an Upgrade of my old ca98 and not yet even saw one ;-).

I imagine it looks close to the cs11 in this finish. Maybe even more beautiful:-) :-) :-).

Oh it is heavens to be KAWAI customer *yahoooooo*

Galuwen

James: If you got a picture but can not share in public please PN ;-)

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 479
B
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
B
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by Galuwen
Anybody found a picture of the polished ebony finish of the NEW ca99? I orded it as an Upgrade of my old ca98 and not yet even saw one ;-).

I imagine it looks close to the cs11 in this finish. Maybe even more beautiful:-) :-) :-).

Oh it is heavens to be KAWAI customer *yahoooooo*

Galuwen

James: If you got a picture but can not share in public please PN ;-)


I’m also very curious about the ebony finish of the CA99. I have not seen it for pre-order in the EU yet. What did you pay for it?

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
S
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
S
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Jitin
Originally Posted by Gary001
mwf: My K300 with ATX3 came with a 10 year warranty on the acoustic side of the piano and a 5 year warranty on the ATX3 electronics side. I'm not sure what the warranty period is like on purely digital pianos, but I would be surprised if it's not within the range of 3 to 5 years.


The kawai ca99 is probably not much less than kawai k200 or even k300.
I don’t believe all people who buy such expensive pianos , do because they need volume control...
So with that said why not just buy k series kawai and have real thing???

Are acoustic that hard to maintain?


A digital piano has more advantages than 'volume control'. For example the ability to quickly change piano sound (adding/removing felt on a real piano regularly is not a serious option), the ease of making quality recordings and the ability to trigger other devices. The 'real thing' simply has far less appeal to me as it doesnt allow me to do what I want to do and provides barriers that do not exist with a digital piano.

Last edited by sleutelbos; 01/25/20 06:48 PM.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 284
3
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
3
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by Jitin
Originally Posted by Gary001
mwf: My K300 with ATX3 came with a 10 year warranty on the acoustic side of the piano and a 5 year warranty on the ATX3 electronics side. I'm not sure what the warranty period is like on purely digital pianos, but I would be surprised if it's not within the range of 3 to 5 years.


The kawai ca99 is probably not much less than kawai k200 or even k300.
I don’t believe all people who buy such expensive pianos , do because they need volume control...
So with that said why not just buy k series kawai and have real thing???

Are acoustic that hard to maintain?

The CA99 costs £3,369.

The Kawai K200 costs £4,600.

So the Kawai K200 costs 36.5% more - which is quite a significant price difference. (The digital piano is also a lot smaller, lighter and could be more convenient if you live in a small space, or ever need to move).

Of course, the acoustic piano will be better to play - but the price difference and convenience is often more of an important factor, not to mention the advantage of headphone practice.

Last edited by 3am_stargazing; 01/25/20 06:59 PM.

Kawai K-500 | M-Audio Keystation 49 | Casio PX-S1000 | ADAM Audio T8V
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 227
B
Full Member
Online Content
Full Member
B
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by Jitin
Originally Posted by Gary001
mwf: My K300 with ATX3 came with a 10 year warranty on the acoustic side of the piano and a 5 year warranty on the ATX3 electronics side. I'm not sure what the warranty period is like on purely digital pianos, but I would be surprised if it's not within the range of 3 to 5 years.


The kawai ca99 is probably not much less than kawai k200 or even k300.
I don’t believe all people who buy such expensive pianos , do because they need volume control...
So with that said why not just buy k series kawai and have real thing???

Are acoustic that hard to maintain?


This is a good question, and I think we should discuss about in a new post.

If you play fine tuned and voiced acoustic pianos in a shop, you will always find that acoustics are thar better than digitals.
Better sound, better keyboard, better control, more pleasure with playing etc.
It is my experience, so far.

Well, it is not totally true, because bad acoustic piano exist.
I had one.

My first piano was an acoustic. I found it marvellous in the beginning.
But after some months it was not so big. Always out of tune, bad keyboard.
It was a bad acoustic piano, cheap but bad (500 $)

The main characteristic of this situation are :
- misconception of the piano : impossible to maintained tuned
- very unconstant hygrometrics in the house

I must add that with this acoustic I could not play during the night, the morning, and sometimes when my famillly was fed up with all this noise.
Here the problem it is the house . Solution is very expensive...

So first step : to have an acoustic you need :
- buy a really good acoustic and that keeps the tuning
- have a big house where you have a room for the instrument, and nobody else hear you playing. (and it is better to work alone)
- have good hygrometrics, temperature and so on, or buy a damp-chaser and wait until all be stabilized

So after my first acoustic I bought an ES8 digital piano. It was marvellous : precise keyboard far better than my acoustic, always tuned, and I could play 27/7.
And I play a lot. Everybody felt better in the house...
After some month I sold my acoustic because I never used it, it was too bad.

So now it apears that after 7 years learning the piano (I am near 58 years old), I am fed up with my ES8 too !
Why ?
First the keyboard is not exactly responding like an acoustic, and now I feel the difficulty to be connected with the music and to produce nuances ppp and FFF and so on.
And it is difficult to play instantly on an acoustic piano.
Second I am fed up with the sound despite the almost infinite possibilities to modify every thing.

So I begin to think about buy a new piano. I thought a lot about the Kawai K300 ATX3 or the same Yamaha (exists but more expensive).
I am not sure that my final choice is the better, but I have strong "technical constraints" so I chose the rational side against the heart side.

I chose to buy a very expensive hybrid piano, the Yamaha N1X (7000 €). Because :
- I play with headphone 95 %of the time
- I will have a grand keyboard : best choice for technical work an expressivity
- for the 5 % when I play out loud I will have a not so bad sound


My pianos : Kawai ES8, Yamaha N1X
Headphone : Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 Ω
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,191
K
2000 Post Club Member
Offline
2000 Post Club Member
K
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,191
Originally Posted by BachToTheFuture

So after my first acoustic I bought an ES8 digital piano. It was marvellous : precise keyboard far better than my acoustic, always tuned, and I could play 27/7.
And I play a lot. Everybody felt better in the house...
After some month I sold my acoustic because I never used it, it was too bad.

So now it apears that after 7 years learning the piano (I am near 58 years old), I am fed up with my ES8 too !
Why ?
First the keyboard is not exactly responding like an acoustic, and now I feel the difficulty to be connected with the music and to produce nuances ppp and FFF and so on.
And it is difficult to play instantly on an acoustic piano.
Second I am fed up with the sound despite the almost infinite possibilities to modify every thing.

So I begin to think about buy a new piano. I thought a lot about the Kawai K300 ATX3 or the same Yamaha (exists but more expensive).
I am not sure that my final choice is the better, but I have strong "technical constraints" so I chose the rational side against the heart side.

I chose to buy a very expensive hybrid piano, the Yamaha N1X (7000 €). Because :
- I play with headphone 95 %of the time
- I will have a grand keyboard : best choice for technical work an expressivity
- for the 5 % when I play out loud I will have a not so bad sound


All acoustic actions are different so you will always need to make adjustments to your playing to accommodate the different actions. It is often difficult to play instantly when going from one acoustic to another so personally I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

It sounds like you have made a good choice though, and sometime in the future if and when you start getting bored with the internal sounds you can use your N1X as a VST controller. I have two very different VST pianos that provide some nice variation.

Last edited by KevinM; 01/26/20 07:26 AM.
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,545
2000 Post Club Member
Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,545
Originally Posted by BachToTheFuture
Originally Posted by Jitin
Are acoustic that hard to maintain?


This is a good question, and I think we should discuss about in a new post.

So why didn't you? Put it in a new post, I mean?

This is way off topic for this thread here, where the new CAx9 models are discussed.


Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: "Prélude (Opus 28, No. 4)" by Frédéric Chopin
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
S
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
S
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Originally Posted by Galuwen
Anybody found a picture of the polished ebony finish of the NEW ca99? I orded it as an Upgrade of my old ca98 and not yet even saw one ;-).

I imagine it looks close to the cs11 in this finish. Maybe even more beautiful:-) :-) :-).

Oh it is heavens to be KAWAI customer *yahoooooo*

Galuwen

James: If you got a picture but can not share in public please PN ;-)

I have not seen it for pre-order in the EU yet.


https://www.thomann.de/nl/kawai_ca_99_ep_set.htm (no pictures, but up for pre-order). I know there were others, but they seem to have removed it again. The EP versions seem to be end of march, or somewhere in April around here. The non-EP versions of both the CA79 and CA99 are scheduled to arrive in 2-3 weeks, which is a bit sooner than I expected. Fingers crossed!

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Hello mwf,

Originally Posted by mwf
I live in UK, does anyone know what the warranty is like on Kawai pianos here, and if something goes wrong somewhere down the line after a few years can it be repaired in the UK? Do they have support centres in the UK.


Kawai UK provides a 5 year parts and labour warranty for all digital pianos.
Please refer to the following page:

https://www.kawai.co.uk/5years/

The CA99 was just announced a couple of weeks ago, but should start to become available in dealer's stores from mid-late Feburary (depending on the location). My recommendation would be to play-test the instrument when it arrives at your local dealer's store, and perhaps do a side-by-side comparison with the CA98.

You should also check other manufacturer's models in this price range, such as the Yamaha CLP-685 and Roland LX-706.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Hello Galuwen,

Originally Posted by Galuwen
Anybody found a picture of the polished ebony finish of the NEW ca99? I orded it as an Upgrade of my old ca98 and not yet even saw one ;-).

I imagine it looks close to the cs11 in this finish. Maybe even more beautiful:-) :-) :-).

Oh it is heavens to be KAWAI customer *yahoooooo*

Galuwen

James: If you got a picture but can not share in public please PN ;-)


I'm afraid I do not have any pictures of the CA99/CA79 in ebony polish yet, however I will be seeing these instruments in person on Tuesday, so photography will not be too far off. wink

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Hello folks,

I checked the production model CA79 and CA99 ebony polish instruments at a product confirmation meeting earlier this afternoon.

Suffice it to say, the CA99EP is absolutely stunning.

Cheers,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 116
S
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
S
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Suffice it to say, the CA99EP is absolutely stunning.


If it sounds and feels as good as you say it looks, then I'm sure I won't be the only person here tempted to jump in.

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 479
B
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
B
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello folks,

I checked the production model CA79 and CA99 ebony polish instruments at a product confirmation meeting earlier this afternoon.

Suffice it to say, the CA99EP is absolutely stunning.

Cheers,
James
x


I’m quoting you now... “pictures or it didn’t happen” wink

I was so set on the NV5 but now I’m not so sure anymore.... I do hope I get to try them side by side in Sweden.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Originally Posted by Boboulus
I’m quoting you now... “pictures or it didn’t happen” wink


All in good time. wink

Originally Posted by Boboulus
I was so set on the NV5 but now I’m not so sure anymore.... I do hope I get to try them side by side in Sweden.


Ah, I'm sure this will be possible.

The NV5 is equally stunning, and follows the Novus design philosophy. Visually, the NV5 is probably the more impressive instrument, however the CA99EP is a very close second, and a worthy successor to the CS11. It's certainly the most beautiful non-hybrid digital piano I've seen in recent years.

Cheers,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 813
J
500 Post Club Member
Offline
500 Post Club Member
J
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 813
Originally Posted by Kawai James
[quote=Boboulus]
Ah, I'm sure this will be possible.

The NV5 is equally stunning, and follows the Novus design philosophy. Visually, the NV5 is probably the more impressive instrument, however the CA99EP is a very close second, and a worthy successor to the CS11. It's certainly the most beautiful non-hybrid digital piano I've seen in recent years.

Cheers,
James
x


Is ca99 replacing cs11 and ca98? Is cs line no longer being made?


Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
S
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
S
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Jitin
Originally Posted by Kawai James
[quote=Boboulus]
Ah, I'm sure this will be possible.

The NV5 is equally stunning, and follows the Novus design philosophy. Visually, the NV5 is probably the more impressive instrument, however the CA99EP is a very close second, and a worthy successor to the CS11. It's certainly the most beautiful non-hybrid digital piano I've seen in recent years.

Cheers,
James
x


Is ca99 replacing cs11 and ca98? Is cs line no longer being made?


CA99 replaces the CA98 and effectively is a CS13.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,425
Originally Posted by Jitin
Is ca99 replacing cs11 and ca98? Is cs line no longer being made?


Correct. The CS8 was effectively discontinued when the CA78EP and, to a lesser extent, the CA98EP were announced in Autumn 2018. However, the CS11 remained in production as customers and dealers appreciated the upright piano form factor.

The CA79EP and CA99EP went into production earlier this month, with CS11/CS11W production discontinued at the end of 2019.

The CS Series will be re-listed as a "Discontinued" series on the Kawai Global website in the near future.

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 52
G
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 52
New presentation video on CA99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TamARBbGw

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 919
H
500 Post Club Member
Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 919
Just Music in Hamburg is listing availability as February 19th, everybody else is more vague like "mid of February" or "2-3 weeks".


Kawai CN35. Daughter wanted a piano, so we got one. Now who'll learn faster? ;-)
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 52
G
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 52
New presentation video for CA79 from Kawai Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28H0uua4TNY

Page 11 of 40 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 39 40

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about upright piano placement
by Nicolas J. - 06/23/21 01:38 PM
The most entertaining encore I've ever seen
by pianoloverus - 06/23/21 01:38 PM
Lower Pianoteq power consumption
by meghdad - 06/23/21 11:18 AM
Opinion on Sherlock and Manning 13657
by JKyser - 06/23/21 09:39 AM
What a great book!
by Ubu - 06/23/21 09:03 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,669
Posts3,106,614
Members101,889
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine


© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5