2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
wy29 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Does "half pedal" means anything to this es110 DP? I have f10h pedal and f350 triple unit and all of them won't show me any difference between full pedal and half pedal. so........does es110 really support the "half pedal" or not.
BTW I got it in China and it MADE IN CHINA.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by wy29
Does "half pedal" means anything to this es110 DP? I have f10h pedal and f350 triple unit and all of them won't show me any difference between full pedal and half pedal. so........does es110 really support the "half pedal" or not.

What does it say about that in the user manual ?

Update:
I checked online and on page 11 it says the F10h pedal responds to half pedaling.

Last edited by dmd; 01/16/20 12:08 AM.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
W
wy29 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
well I read it too on page 11.However it's not sounds like half pedal. Half pedal just sounds as same as full pedal. I contact Kawaicn and they suggest I should live their cheaper product and let it go.

Sorry....for I don't know what to do and my temper.

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
There's a really narrow range in which the "half pedaling" happens. You need to press the pedal very little to find the zone.

(Because that's how it is on a real piano too.)

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Half-pedaling is a very complicated technique that you may not have a need for at this time.

Here is an explanation and example …..

https://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/experts/robert/half-pedal/

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
W
wy29 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by dmd
Half-pedaling is a very complicated technique that you may not have a need for at this time.

Here is an explanation and example …..

https://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/experts/robert/half-pedal/

Thanks for caring. Today I got an email from kawaijap and they told me the es110 in China is es110g which do not support half pedal even conect with f10h pedal. Which means I bought f10h for nothing! kawaicn cut off half pedal from software not from hardware I think. Can't prove it.
Thanks again. gook luck.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks for caring. Today I got an email from kawaijap and they told me the es110 in China is es110g which do not support half pedal even conect with f10h pedal. Which means I bought f10h for nothing! kawaicn cut off half pedal from software not from hardware I think. Can't prove it.
Thanks again. gook luck.

The regular ES110 is bundled with the F-10H, so there is never a need to buy it separately. I guess the one you want to get in China is the ES118.

Yamaha P-515
W
wy29 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by JoeT

Thanks again. gook luck.

The regular ES110 is bundled with the F-10H, so there is never a need to buy it separately. I guess the one you want to get in China is the ES118.

Not es118. It's es110g without half pedal. They forgot to tell us in China!!

W
wy29 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by JoeT

Thanks for caring. Today I got an email from kawaijap and they told me the es110 in China is es110g which do not support half pedal even conect with f10h pedal. Which means I bought f10h for nothing! kawaicn cut off half pedal from software not from hardware I think. Can't prove it.Thanks again. gook luck.

Sorry for my misunderstand your words. I don't know anything about es118 so it can't help me with my problem. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by wy29; 01/17/20 09:51 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
There's a really narrow range in which the "half pedaling" happens. You need to press the pedal very little to find the zone.

(Because that's how it is on a real piano too.)

Wouldn't it be better if the usable range was broader? It's almost impossible to use the pedal other than as an on/off switch . . . . Guess I'm short of the necessary to operate this correctly. And I'm too old to be really bothered. . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
I think my old Casio Privia has more of a linear response on the sustain pedal. When using the internal sounds. Somehow Pianoteq decided that it's too easy and made it less linear. I don't remember if I did any sustain pedal calibration in Pianoteq.

My Kawai ES-100 seems to have a less linear response and a narrower "usable" range. Which is closer to a real piano. (I believe.)

So, "better" in this case in ambiguous. What does one want? Realism? Or ease of life.

And this is Kawai's Chinese ES series product portfolio: http://www.kawaipiano.cn/goods/dp_es/esseries.html

Looks like they use both the old AHA IV-F and the RH-C and there are some "teachning functions". (Burgmüller etudes or something...)

Online Content
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
And this is Kawai's Chinese ES series product portfolio: http://www.kawaipiano.cn/goods/dp_es/esseries.html

Looks like they use both the old AHA IV-F and the RH-C and there are some "teachning functions". (Burgmüller etudes or something...)

Yes, there are quite a few "similar but different" ES models sold in China, however I'm afraid I do not have a great deal of involvement in this region.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I have same DP and also buy from china (tmall) .But I think my variant is ’es118’ because it coming up with wood stand-triple pedal and chair.
It’s not contain f10h and I’m not sure it’s support half pedal or not .I will check it later.

Last edited by beginer; 01/25/20 02:00 PM.

I work in a data analyst position.
I started learning about the piano in 2019.
Kawai ES110 & Nux NPK 10

O
O

Thanks again. gook luck.

I'm intrigued - why so?

Is it because the model numbers don't actually correspond region to region (ie ES110 and ES110g are in fact, totally different DPs, despite very similar model numbers)?

[I do get that bluetooth isn't enabled on some DPs in different regions (something peculiar to licensing)... fair enough.]

Learning to play. Consciously incompetent, which apparently is a good starting point. smirk
Online Content
As noted above, there are a few China-only variants of the ES1xx, including the ES110g and ES118.

The specifications may vary a little compared to the original ES110, however I am not closely involved with these models, so do not have a great deal of information about them.

Kind regards,
James
x

I think es110g and es118 is about option "Dp" and "Dp with wood stand+3 triple pedal" .
It 's like es 110b and 110w in amazon is about color option.
I must check half pedal featured after luna new year.
When buy in tmall they have same name "es110" but have 3-4 option about stand(DP+wood+triple pedal ,DP+wood+on/off pedal ,DP and on/off pedal and X stand,DP and on/off pedal) and 2 about color(black/white)
[Linked Image]

Kawai ES110 & Nux NPK 10

O
O
Originally Posted by Kawai James
As noted above, there are a few China-only variants of the ES1xx, including the ES110g and ES118.

The specifications may vary a little compared to the original ES110, however I am not closely involved with these models, so do not have a great deal of information about them.

Kind regards,
James
x

All the more reason to buy one's DP from a respected dealer located in their own country (unless you're based in China RE this particular example).

Learning to play. Consciously incompetent, which apparently is a good starting point. smirk
I tested my Kawai es110 (which name es118 in china) and "seem like" half pedal work.
"Seem like" because My skill haven't reach half pedal level so I'm upload video about test method for everyone check again .To split between half and full pedal I'm using ipad to check pedal depth.
Have 11 note
-first 5 note is no pedal
-mid 3 note is full pedal
-last 3 note is half pedal
I'm not live in china , I bought my DP from china and ship to my country because my county haven't sell it and I chosed kawai es110 instead of roland fp30 and casio px1000 .

Last edited by beginer; 01/28/20 11:37 AM.

Kawai ES110 & Nux NPK 10

Online Content
Originally Posted by beginer
I tested my Kawai es110 (which name es118 in china) and "seem like" half pedal work.

Yes, after discussing this topic with a colleague, I can confirm that the China-only ES118 has the same half-pedal functionality as the regular ES110 sold in the rest of the world. It should be possible to test this in any MIDI monitoring software (Pianoteq's MIDI monitor is quite useful for this), and gradually pressing and releasing the damper pedal to see the range of progressive values for MIDI CC64 (damper).

The China-only ES110g (note the additional letter!) is a reduced cost model. It does not include the F-10H damper pedal, but rather a simpler on/off switch pedal, and also lacks the ability to recognise progressive values even when the F-10H is connected.

Again, I do not have any involvement in Kawai DPs produced for the China market.

Originally Posted by beginer
I'm not live in china , I bought my DP from china and ship to my country because my county haven't sell it and I chosed kawai es110 instead of roland fp30 and casio px1000.

I believe the regular ES110 is sold in Vietnam.

Kind regards,
James
x

Yeah ,I live in Viet Nam. In 2019 ,I contacted respect dealers/ salers in this city (Hanoi) and even other city they have many Kawai console model but sadly none sell this model frown . Funny thing is some of them already post news/advice about this model in their website.

Thank James about information .Lucky I was chosed this version grin , phew pure luck.

Kawai ES110 & Nux NPK 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission