Welcome to another year of MOYD!! MOYD
, "Master of Your Own Destiny", is a personal challenge where you commit to playing the piano for some amount of time every single day. It might be a few hours, it might be a few minutes - it doesn't matter - as long as you sit down and touch those keys!!!
It doesn't matter if it is a grand, an upright, or a digital. Nor does it matter if it is your piano or any other. If you are traveling and you come across an available piano and play for five minutes, it counts! Any piano, anywhere, for any amount of time will do the job.
If you miss a day you must come here and say so. Please report AFTER
the fact. We only need to know when you DID miss playing - not that you "might not be able to play".
2020 will be the 16th year of MOYD on ABF.MOYD RULES
1. Participating in MOYD requires you to sit on the piano bench and play something at least once daily. That's it. There is no minimum amount of time required. Five minutes counts... but more is better. Simply get to the piano everyday, let it become a habit, and see what good things happen to your piano skills.
2. If you are away from home (for business, or for personal reasons) , you don't have to practice/play that day. You go to the 'Excused list".
3. If you are sick, you don't have to practice/play. You go to the 'Excused list".
4. If you are at home, and you are not sick and you miss a day, you have to come here and tell us the sad story of what kept you from playing. Then you go to the "Back on the Wagon" list.
5. You may start late - however no new participants are accepted after September 30th
. This is a hard deadline in fairness to everyone who has participated all year.
6. Everyone who has reported being away, being sick, falling off and getting back on the wagon, or who signs up late has the right to put the MOYD 2019 badge in their signatures on 31 December 2020.HOW TO JOIN
Simply reply to this thread declaring your enthusiastic willingness to join in and be committed to the plan! I will check in regularly and update this first page with the information you provide.
Signature pictures will be offered to those who are 2020 MOYD winners. Below you will find the 2019 Siggies, for those who participated in 2019.INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR SIGNATURE:
1. Place your cursor on the desired icon,
2. right click,
3. go to properties,
4. copy the Url, or copy image address
5. go to your profile page signature box,
6. place cursor,
7. click on "enter an image" paste. ( add [img] before the address and [/img] after. The badge address should read [ img]http://forum.pianoworld.com//gallery/42/medium/10981.png
[/img], without the space after the first bracket).
8. save changes
So, 2019 MOYD'ers, grab a badge and display it proudly! You earned it with your hard work in 2019. Then, join in again for another year of fun with MOYD!MOYD 2020 Participants:
barbaram - Aug 9-14
bSharp(C)yclist Feb 24-27, OCt 21-27
casinitaly - June 24, July 28-30
Gary001 - April 23-30
Jytte - Feb 23-26
Johan B - Nov 16-22
Lucubrate - July 19-22, Aug 14-15
Megan R - Nove 27
MH1963 - July 27-Aug 11, Sept. 18-19
Ojustaboo - Aug 21
Palmpirate - Jan 4-10, April 17-May 1, June 20-23, Sept 23-26, Oct 2-10
PatrickBl - Feb 5-25, March 3-16, July 14-15, Aug 13-14, 31, Oct 8
Snejana - Jan 24-25, Feb 13
Skullie - June 5
Stubbie - June 12-22
torquenale - Feb 11-12
Tyrone Slothrop - May 24-25, 27, 31, June 4,6,13, July 17, 20
Josh1770 -March 28
wouldloveto - April 24, 30, May 1Back On the Wagon:
Ojustaboo - Jan 19, Oct 22
Finfan - Feb 2, Mar 17
torquenale - April 15, May 15
Pianist@Heart - May 24
Gary001 - May 22
Josh1770 - June 10
barbaram - Au 8, Sept 25Late Starters:
Mullolley- Jan 28
MDropout - Jan 29
Brian H - Feb 11
Erik54 - Feb 16
Sol Finker. - Feb 16
Pianonewbie27 - Feb 16
Tonya Mac - March 29
EB5AGV - June 12
Skullie - May 26
cfhosford - June 5
Lucubrate - June 27
EBerlioz- Sept 21
Mwieczorek223 - Sept 22
alaxid - Sept 28