2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, 9 invisible), 1,173 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
peterws - What a fun and uplifting performance. You sir, are a talented pianist. Thanks for posting this!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Handyman - One of my favorite Christmas tunes - love your thoughtful rendition. Very well played. Don’t see how you could improve much on this fine performance.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BillM
peterws - What a fun and uplifting performance. You sir, are a talented pianist. Thanks for posting this!

Everybody's calling me "sir" these days. I didn't realise 'till lately it was an age thing . . A guy at the Gym started it all off. Fat lot o' good that place is doin' me . . . frown

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
We've already seen a very sophisticated rendition of White Christmas from BillM, but I'd like to throw my mine out there as well. Its basically the Irving Berlin piano/vocal/guitar version with a few simple embellishments (and no singing or guitar smile ):

https://youtu.be/H5TqZn39FJk

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Marvelous, Jason. Is that a new piano? The piano, the Christmas tree, presents under the tree. Nice.

Kawai NV10
Originally Posted by TomLC
Marvelous, Jason. Is that a new piano? The piano, the Christmas tree, presents under the tree. Nice.

Thank you, TomLC. I got the piano in June, so its practically brand new. I just had it tuned last week so its sounds really great.

P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
Jason, what a nice video to watch. You have the perfect Christmas setting.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Jason, that is a nice arrangement. And with the tree and all, just lovely. Thank you smile

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Beautiful... thank you.

Merry Christmas to you too 😊

Be yourself

Originally Posted by Jytte
Jason, that is a nice arrangement. And with the tree and all, just lovely. Thank you smile

I'll second that sentiment - Nice soulful playing Jason on America's most frequently recorded Christmas song ever...great sounding piano too!

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
Originally Posted by peterws
Here's my Christmas offering. Some'll have heard it before, it's a few years old, and I'm attempting to resuffect it and write it down. Finding it hard going, unfortunately. . .
Here it is . . .

https://youtu.be/o3DHtEci6Xs

Smooth and polished and delightful! A really enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting and hope to see you here every month at the most cordial Bar in town...

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
Handyman - One of my favorite Christmas tunes - love your thoughtful rendition. Very well played. Don’t see how you could improve much on this fine performance.

Thanks Bill...I don't either - it was one in a hundred, when the piano gods were smiling smile

John

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Here is Silver Bells, which I recorded today.

Very nicely done - thoroughly delightful rendition.

John

Here are a couple of Christmas Songs I recorded this week. ...

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and Peace on Earth to all!

Good job on the Christmas standards as usual Bill - really like your accompaniment stylings...

John

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
15th Century Christmas music , I played in 2015, but will re-practice this year sometime.
I remember my niece was born the day I recorded it, and my parakeet laid an egg. My niece is getting big and my parakeet still tweets a-lot,alot when I try to practice.

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays and New Years 2019

P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
Today, I sat down at the church organ I have in my cellar (no, I am just joking – you hear the organ sound of my silent system) and played some Christmas carols, something by Handel, then a German carol from the 17th century, and last not least a well-known tune that originally had a Latin lyric. Merry Christmas to ya all!

Carols at the organ

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pianist685, What a lovely way to start Christmas day. I recognized the Händel piece, but not the German one. Adeste Fideles was always one of my favourites. Thank you, and Merry Christmas smile

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
The German carol is entitled "Zu Bethlehem geboren" ("Born in Bethlehem"). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zu_Bethlehem_geboren

#2927245 12/27/19 12:13 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pianist685
Dan, thanks for this nice and well-played arrangement of a very fine Christmas tune. You did not have the opportunity to record your performance on the Steinway, did you?

This is the video the teacher put together. It's just clips of various performances from 2 different workshops this holiday season. A lot of fun. I'm glad she hosts these workshops.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
What a nice concert of Christmas and non-Christmas tunes hosted by your teacher in her own living room! Your "Silver Bells" sound great on your teacher's Steinway, but your performance came too short in the video. As I expected, there were only very few grown-ups in that session. It is a pity that most kids stop playing when they are leaving school. The girl at 10:20 and the guy at 11:10 seem to be very talented...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission