2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
D
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by dancingfish

What else could possibly go wrong....

E-mail customer support! I would be surprised if they don't sort you out by tomorrow. smile

Yes, they got it all straightened out by this morning smile. So it's all good now.

Linda
Yamaha N1X
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] XLVII
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

What else could possibly go wrong....

E-mail customer support! I would be surprised if they don't sort you out by tomorrow. smile

Yes, they got it all straightened out by this morning smile. So it's all good now.

Good news!

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Keystring
I agree about the blatant advertising that is going on, but the cover of the pianist in the red PJs is the magazine current issue. In addition, it was already posted to the same thread by a Lola fan club member (president?) which could have prompted the advertising.

Originally Posted by dogperson
Keystring
I agree about the blatant advertising that is going on, but the cover of the pianist in the red PJs is the magazine current issue. In addition, it was already posted to the same thread by a Lola fan club member (president?) which could have prompted the advertising.

Yes, and I know about Lola as well. It was just that combination coming when and as it did, that created that personal reaction in yours truly.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson
it was already posted to the same thread by a Lola fan club member (president?)

Hey! That's me! 3hearts

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Moved

Last edited by cmb13; 11/29/19 09:00 PM.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine

That is the right link, I believe the original expired and we then bumped it up to 45%. We hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving for those who celebrated!

Is there a 45% off the print edition?

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
cmb13 #2918259 11/30/19 05:53 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13

That is the right link, I believe the original expired and we then bumped it up to 45%. We hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving for those who celebrated!

You can get a year of the print edition for £44.62, which I assume is 25% off (?) for Black Friday, directly from the publisher, Pianist Magazine.

Or you can get the print edition at $53.10 USD/year in the US (or $63.90 CAD/year in Canada) from ExpressMag which I assume bulk buys from the publisher and then tranships from US/Canada. This takes longer than shipments from the publisher.

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13

You can get a year of the print edition for £44.62, which I assume is 25% off (?) for Black Friday, directly from the publisher, Pianist Magazine.

Or you can get the print edition at $53.10 USD/year in the US (or $63.90 CAD/year in Canada) from ExpressMag which I assume bulk buys from the publisher and then tranships from US/Canada. This takes longer than shipments from the publisher.

That is the price (£44.62) that I paid for my subscription directly from Pianist Magazine.

[Linked Image]
Sam S #2919297 12/03/19 06:18 AM
E
E
Originally Posted by Sam S
You know, Pianist Magazine is great - I am a subscriber.

But this thread is pretty blatant about selling subscriptions. Does Pianist Magazine buy advertising here? Do they contribute money to keep this site going?

Just asking...

Sam

I think they are generally just answering their customers' queries. This thread is called Pianist magazine, after all!

E
E
Originally Posted by keystring
Originally Posted by Stubbie
It would be great if they'd do some paid advertising here on PW, especially since they're not restricting their input to this thread. They've popped up in several other threads in the last day or so.

Today I looked in on a thread I've been involved in. They wrote a blatant advertisement that had nothing to do with the topic, or anything any member had written. To make matters worse, when I clicked on the link, not only did I see a price list for subscriptions, but a magazine cover with a pianist in a tight red dress and sexy pose - it was just a total turn-off. To me, advertising without even reading a thread and truly contributing, is disrespectful to the members and the site.

A bit of an unnecessary comment this! Does it matter what the pianist is wearing? Lola is a pianist who is making waves in the industry with her online presence. Pianist Magazine are just highlighting that, and rightly so. If seeing a woman wear what she wants to wear, whilst simultaneously being successful is a turn off for you, that's your own problem.

Sam S #2919300 12/03/19 06:31 AM
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Sam S
You know, Pianist Magazine is great - I am a subscriber.
But this thread is pretty blatant about selling subscriptions. Does Pianist Magazine buy advertising here? Do they contribute money to keep this site going?
Just asking...
Sam

I think it is worth asking this question. If the forum allows this for Pianist Magazine the forum will find it difficult to say no to any other business wanting to do the same. The rules should be applied fairly consistently and fairly.

P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Gosh, I started this thread to share the great experience I have by being a subscriber to this wonderful magazine.

It is a shame, it has become another thread where people are not adding positivity to the thread.

I believe it is great that the magazine does respond to people’s queries and concerns of oversea subscribers. As a woman, I don’t care what other people wear and it is the 21st century and Yuja Wang has set the tone that women can be themselves and not be restricted by dogmatic old fashion views of men.

There are loads of ‘companies’ reps here who comment, like Kawai James, and I have not seen any ads by them either. So if this is an issue, please I ask the admins of the WHOLE platform to set rules, and not have vigilantes.

Grateful for those who have added positive contributions to this thread.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance
Gosh, I started this thread to share the great experience I have by being a subscriber to this wonderful magazine.

It is a shame, it has become another thread where people are not adding positivity to the thread.

I believe it is great that the magazine does respond to people’s queries and concerns of oversea subscribers. As a woman, I don’t care what other people wear and it is the 21st century and Yuja Wang has set the tone that women can be themselves and not be restricted by dogmatic old fashion views of men.

There are loads of ‘companies’ reps here who comment, like Kawai James, and I have not seen any ads by them either. So if this is an issue, please I ask the admins of the WHOLE platform to set rules, and not have vigilantes.

Grateful for those who have added positive contributions to this thread.

Not adding positively? Where do you get that? Pianist Magazine is a business. Piano World is a business. If the magazine is responding to customer questions here, then they are doing business here, and making money here, and should be supporting this site. Are you supporting this site? It doesn't run for free...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Sam

I am aware of this financing issue of this site. Again, the people who need to speak up do not appear to be doing that and do not appear to want to address their financing model. Again, hijacking threads to make a point has turned me away from this platform more than I want to.
Appreciate what you do.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Graciously accepts title of vigilante.

Bows, acknowledges applause. Waves goodbye and walks off the stage.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by elliep1996
Originally Posted by keystring
Originally Posted by Stubbie
It would be great if they'd do some paid advertising here on PW, especially since they're not restricting their input to this thread. They've popped up in several other threads in the last day or so.
Today I looked in on a thread I've been involved in. They wrote a blatant advertisement that had nothing to do with the topic, or anything any member had written. To make matters worse, when I clicked on the link, not only did I see a price list for subscriptions, but a magazine cover with a pianist in a tight red dress and sexy pose - it was just a total turn-off. To me, advertising without even reading a thread and truly contributing, is disrespectful to the members and the site.
A bit of an unnecessary comment this! Does it matter what the pianist is wearing? Lola is a pianist who is making waves in the industry with her online presence. Pianist Magazine are just highlighting that, and rightly so. If seeing a woman wear what she wants to wear, whilst simultaneously being successful is a turn off for you, that's your own problem.

Well said. However, that said, although I've also found myself writing dozens of posts on this forum defending a woman's right to choose what she wears and still be respected for what she does, I've very recently had an epiphany that not every thread should be a defense of Astanova (thank you KevinM! wink ). So perhaps if anyone else would like to respond to keystring & elliep1996 on this issue, you might consider taking it to the official Lola Astanova war zone thread where combatants are declared and wear appropriate colors in accordance with the Geneva Convention. smile

[Linked Image]

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I'm not wanting to be confused with those making comments about what a woman wears.

I was just thinking if I was a paid advertiser and I saw the post from Pianist Magazine in this thread advertising their latest edition I might consider cancelling my paid advertising and joining in the fun.

Last edited by KevinM; 12/03/19 01:11 PM.
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM
I'm not wanting to be confused with those making comments about what a woman wears.

I was just thinking if I was a paid advertiser and I saw the post from Pianist Magazine in this thread advertising their latest edition I might consider cancelling my paid advertising and joining in the fun.

Exactly. When Pianist Magazine stepped outside the "Pianist magazine" thread and inserted advertisements into other threads, they stepped over a line, imo. Even if they did buy some advertising space on PW, I still wouldn't want advertisements inserted into threads.

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Alright but please, don't let them run away now! It's so great that they are here responding to questions and addressing problems. Obviously PianoWorld is a great place for them to be and find subscribers, but the fact is that the magazine is good, otherwise nobody would even consider buying it - regardless of who's on the cover.

For me personally, subscribing is probably the single best thing that I did for my practice. Actually there are not many other magazines like that out there, so it's not like there's a lot of competition! International Piano, to which I'm also subscribed, is different and has much less music to learn in it. Pianist is an incredible resource especially for someone who is self-teaching like myself.

They should probably avoid posting in other threads, though. But it's not like people doesn't know the magazine exists. They even come here proposing discounts and offers. I just realised the other day that my subscription had automatically renewed, and the price I paid was the Black Friday heavily discounted one grin

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission