2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I think it may be time to catch up on your piano progress. I will likely come since it is 0.5 miles from me - a 10 mins walk.

Hey, it would be great if you can make it. They don't tend to have huge audiences for these events (unlike Strathmore Mansion, where I'll be playing the same program next year), so my wife and I are trying to get lots of friends to come. Also, it would be terrific to see you again. I am still amazed at the fantastic job you did recording the Brahms concert that we did at the Lyceum.

SRF
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson

You obviously didn’t get memo:
Performances by PW members are ALWAYS important 😊

I assume that means we can post about all the stuff we do that's open to the public. So yeah, I didn't get that memo. So advance notice. I'll be doing the wonderful Shostakovich Quintet with a fabulous group of string players in two recitals next year. Details will be forthcoming.

Thanks for setting me straight dogperson.

SRF
S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by SiFi
Originally Posted by dogperson

You obviously didn’t get memo:
Performances by PW members are ALWAYS important 😊

I assume that means we can post about all the stuff we do that's open to the public. So yeah, I didn't get that memo. So advance notice. I'll be doing the wonderful Shostakovich Quintet with a fabulous group of string players in two recitals next year. Details will be forthcoming.

Thanks for setting me straight dogperson.

You’re quite welcome. Many of us live too far to attend.... but you never know! Regardless, it’s great to hear about our members performances.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

I think it may be time to catch up on your piano progress. I will likely come since it is 0.5 miles from me - a 10 mins walk.

Hey, it would be great if you can make it. They don't tend to have huge audiences for these events (unlike Strathmore Mansion, where I'll be playing the same program next year), so my wife and I are trying to get lots of friends to come. Also, it would be terrific to see you again. I am still amazed at the fantastic job you did recording the Brahms concert that we did at the Lyceum.

If I come tomorrow, shall I record your performance? I can bring my tripod. Don't mind at all.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

If I come tomorrow, shall I record your performance? I can bring my tripod. Don't mind at all.

So kind of you to offer. Yes, that would be great, on condition we can delete the recording if the performance goes terribly lol.

SRF
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

So kind of you to offer. Yes, that would be great, on condition we can delete the recording if the performance goes terribly lol.

Good enough. You can give me a thumbs up or thumbs down wink

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Good enough. You can give me a thumbs up or thumbs down wink

Tyrone (lol), you are wonderful. Thanks for coming and recording. I'm not sure either performance deserves to be memorialized--possibly Valley of the vicious dog?--so I'll surely get back to you once I see the evidence. Cheers, mate.

SRF
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Wish I could have been there!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Wish I could have been there!

You can, virtually! I posted a video clip from SiFi's recital over here.

[Linked Image]

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop, SiFi, and I will be attending a concert in Washington DC....

The Kennedy Center, Apr 18, 2020; Saturday 8 pm

Here are the official notes:
National Symphony Orchestra: Langrée conducts Brahms's First / Hough plays Beethoven
Saturday, April 18, 2020

National Symphony Orchestra
With its grand orchestration and stormy, romantic movements, Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto is a vital precursor to the composer’s “heroic” middle-period style, which the NSO explores later this season in Beethoven at 250. Stephen Hough effortlessly conquers the concerto, which demands remarkable mastery and range of color from the soloist. Brahms’s radiant First Symphony and Julia Wolfe’s Fountain of Youth complete the program, making a thrilling NSO debut for conductor Louis Langrée, Music Director of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.

Julia Wolfe - Fountain of Youth
Ludwig van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37
Johannes Brahms - Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68

If anyone else would like to join us, let us know!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
Beatrice Rana in Seattle! October 24 and 26, she will play Schumann’s Piano Concerto Op. 54 in A minor with the Seattle Symphony.

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Aren't there any more forum members in the DC area? Come on now, it'll be fun - a DC PW informal get-together! 🎼 🎼 🎼

Originally Posted by cmb13
Tyrone Slothrop, SiFi, and I will be attending a concert in Washington DC....

The Kennedy Center, Apr 18, 2020; Saturday 8 pm

Here are the official notes:
National Symphony Orchestra: Langrée conducts Brahms's First / Hough plays Beethoven
Saturday, April 18, 2020

National Symphony Orchestra
With its grand orchestration and stormy, romantic movements, Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto is a vital precursor to the composer’s “heroic” middle-period style, which the NSO explores later this season in Beethoven at 250. Stephen Hough effortlessly conquers the concerto, which demands remarkable mastery and range of color from the soloist. Brahms’s radiant First Symphony and Julia Wolfe’s Fountain of Youth complete the program, making a thrilling NSO debut for conductor Louis Langrée, Music Director of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.

Julia Wolfe - Fountain of Youth
Ludwig van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37
Johannes Brahms - Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68

If anyone else would like to join us, let us know!

[Linked Image]

S
S
I live in the DC area, but don't like going to the Kennedy center; I need more motivation than a Beethoven concerto to deal with that place, particularly for a nighttime concert (which of course most of them are).

There is a concert in the area that am going to on this coming Sunday featuring George Li, silver medalist from the 2015 Tchaikovsky: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/george-li-piano-tickets-53980656597?aff=ebdssbdestsearch It is actually at a respectable daytime hour. Program here: http://www.georgelipianist.com/concerts/

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by scriabinfanatic
I live in the DC area, but don't like going to the Kennedy center; I need more motivation than a Beethoven concerto to deal with that place, particularly for a nighttime concert (which of course most of them are).

The motivation is meeting some fellow PW members. We'll have drinks at a top secret lounge in the KC (shhhhhh) and perhaps we can be all convinced to find some dinner before or after. smile

[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by scriabinfanatic

The motivation is meeting some fellow PW members. We'll have drinks at a top secret lounge in the KC (shhhhhh) and perhaps we can be all convinced to find some dinner before or after. smile

Hoorah! Yes. Let's all get together in the lounge and meet one another. And if there's dinner, it's on me.

SRF
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
I’ll be sure to be there. DC or bust!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I was feeling jealous of Craig and Tyrone getting together for what looks to be a fantastic concert so I thought what might be on in Sydney when I am there. Wel, well, well.

A Russian Gala https://www.sydneysymphony.com/conc...r9-ir5QIVh7PtCh1YpgTqEAAYASAAEgLXRvD_BwE

Last edited by KevinM; 10/20/19 06:03 PM.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM
I was feeling jealous of Craig and Tyrone getting together for what looks to be a fantastic concert so I thought what might be on in Sydney when I am there. Wel, well, well.

A Russian Gala https://www.sydneysymphony.com/conc...r9-ir5QIVh7PtCh1YpgTqEAAYASAAEgLXRvD_BwE

Sydney Opera House is a gorgeous venue too. A real wonder.

[Linked Image]

Enjoy! thumb

[Linked Image]

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Oh, would love, love, love to join you in Sidney! If only it weren't half the world away! My partner (business partner) has a friend who lives on the bay, with a wide open view of the opera house. I saw pictures from a party he attended there....absolutely fantastic!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
I just picked up tickets for two South Florida shows:

National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine Nov 19
Volodymyr Sirenko, Conductor
Olga Kern, Piano

Program to include:
+Maksym Berezovsky/Symphony in C Major (circa 1773)
+Rachmaninoff/Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18
+Tchaikovsky/Symphony No. 1 in G minor, Op. 13 (“Winter Daydreams”)

and

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Jan 19
Mark Wigglesworth, Conductor
Khatia Buniatishvili, Piano

Program to include:
+ Walton/Portsmouth Point Overture
+ Liszt/Piano Concerto No. 2 in A Major, S. 125
+ Rachmaninoff/Symphony No. 2 in E minor, Op. 27

Very Excited!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission