2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 6 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by joe80
I'm not Horowitz! But thanks.

You should not say thanks Joe I have not heard you yet !
(Just joking ! )You may be a Lang Lang !
Lang Lang playing Mozart ?
Anyway it does all sound like great fun and quite diverse in
style. I always find Rickster's playing really refreshing and creatIve !
Have a wonderful time ,send and us some pictures !

Wish I could make it.....only a short drive from Memphis, but I have other plans this weekend. Have fun!

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The day is almost here and I’ve been practicing a lot

I want to play well and give it all I’ve got

Yet, and still, my limitations are there

I hope the bobbles I make will be unaware

By those who listen, and hope they enjoy

The songs I’ll play and style I’ll employ

I always get nervous when playing for others

Whether dads, mothers, sisters or brothers

When my hands shake, and fingers tremble

It is difficult to relax, be flexible and nimble

But I try to remember why I am there

To have fun, and enjoy the music in the air

It is so much fun to play the piano

Whether playing Beethoven or Oh! Susanna

I like boogie-woogie and that’s for sure

And oldies rock-n-roll, now that’s pure

I like to write and arrange my own songs too

But sometimes I’ll forget the words before I’m through

Nevertheless, a fun time it will be

Listening to others play who are better than me

That is how we learn and grow

By watching and listening to others who know

My goal and my desire is to make someone smile

Fill their heart with joy and music they admire

Yep, it’ll be fun, for sure, without hesitation

Thanks, Sally Phillips, for the invitation! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Nice Rickster!!! Wish I could be there.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Originally Posted by joe80
I'm not Horowitz! But thanks.

You should not say thanks Joe I have not heard you yet !
(Just joking ! )You may be a Lang Lang !
Lang Lang playing Mozart ?
Anyway it does all sound like great fun and quite diverse in
style. I always find Rickster's playing really refreshing and creatIve !
Have a wonderful time ,send and us some pictures !

Actually Lang Lang opened his BBC Proms recital with Mozart's B-flat sonata, which I have to say he played beautifully.

YAMAHA Artist
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
- although sometimes he doesn't know how to treat appogiaturas...... or chooses to ignore style.

YAMAHA Artist

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member

9000 Post Club Member
If I'm not mistaken. Lang Lang worked Chopsticks into something lately.

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

9000 Post Club Member

9000 Post Club Member
I hope the party tomorrow is another raging succes! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and/or video! Have fun, everyone. smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Retsacnal
I hope the party tomorrow is another raging succes! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and/or video! Have fun, everyone. smile

+1. Have fun!

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Retsacnal

+1. Have fun!

[Linked Image]
S
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Countdown to piano fun. 2PM tomorrow. I really can't wait to meet all of the folks I have been talking to for years.

Sally Phillips
Owner/ Technician
Piano Perfect, LLC
Columbus, GA

www.steinwaypiano.com
Acoustic Piano Technical Consultant - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
http://www.pianobuyer.com/current-issue/07a-should-i-have-my-piano-rebuilt.html
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Some day, you have to livestream your piano party for those of us not in the Georgia area. Sam S could do it! He's technical enough smile

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Some day, you have to livestream your piano party for those of us not in the Georgia area. Sam S could do it! He's technical enough smile

Now that is a GREAT idea!

[Linked Image]
S
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
We had a fabulous time. Oh my, what a great group! I am sure they will weigh in tomorrow with pictures. It was so much fun for me to see such happy pianists! Everyone played some really challenging repertoire. It was a blast!

Sally Phillips
Owner/ Technician
Piano Perfect, LLC
Columbus, GA

www.steinwaypiano.com
Acoustic Piano Technical Consultant - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
http://www.pianobuyer.com/current-issue/07a-should-i-have-my-piano-rebuilt.html
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by S. Phillips
We had a fabulous time. Oh my, what a great group! I am sure they will weigh in tomorrow with pictures. It was so much fun for me to see such happy pianists! Everyone played some really challenging repertoire. It was a blast!

Can't wait for the pictures!

[Linked Image]
It was so good to see Sally Phillips and her super nice piano store today! She was an excellent host, and I got to meet her two associates/apprentices, and Sally made a great choice in choosing them. Their personalities were very warm and friendly, and they were very knowledgeable about pianos. Both were music majors and one was an extraordinarly good classical pianist. He also played for the group.

Sally's store is full of exquisitely prepped and tuned Steinways (mostly new and some preowned/rebuilt) and we got to play a new Steinway 9 foot concert grand. It sounded fantastic! Being the oddball of the PianoBuddies group (or just an oddball in general:-), I played my version of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary" (sort of a cross between Creedence Clearwater Revival's version and Tina Turner's version), and one of my original songs, "Road to somewhere". It turned out ok, considering my hands were shaking and my fingers trembling! smile I think the group liked my playing, or at least I hope they did. I'm hoping that what I lack in piano playing skills I make up for with my good looks and charismatic personality... smile

Next, I got to meet Joe80, and he was much younger than I expected. He was tall and handsome, had a great Scottish accent, big hands, and is a fabulous classical pianist! He played for the group and his hands floated across the keyboard effortlessly and almost appeared that he was barely moving or depressing the keys. In fact, some of the PianoBuddies group, including myself, asked him to give us a demonstration after the presentations to show us how he moved his fingers so effortlessly across the keyboard. You could tell that he had invested a trememdous amount of time and effort into acquiring his superb playing skills, and I'm sure all that goes with a generous gift of natural talent. My hat is off to Joe80, and I hope I can hear him play again at some point.

Needless to say, I was very impressed with Joe80's performance, and his persona...

The PianoBuddies group had a fantastic time at Sally's store. It was so nice and kind of her to offer to host our event. Sally is the best!!

Laurie hasn't sent me any pictures yet, but she took a good many pictures. Hopefully, Joe80 won't mind if we post his picture here... if he does, he can let me know.

A fun piano day indeed, surrounded by Steinways, great pianists and piano technicians! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel

9000 Post Club Member

9000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the update, Rickster! I've always been impressed by Joe's playing when videos are linked here. And his posts are generally full of wisdom and informative too.

I'm looking forward to whatever gets posted!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster
It was so good to see Sally Phillips and her super nice piano store today! She was an excellent host, and I got to meet her two associates/apprentices, and Sally made a great choice in choosing them. Their personalities were very warm and friendly, and they were very knowledgeable about pianos. Both were music majors and one was an extraordinarly good classical pianist. He also played for the group.

Sally's store is full of exquisitely prepped and tuned Steinways (mostly new and some preowned/rebuilt) and we got to play a new Steinway 9 foot concert grand. It sounded fantastic! Being the oddball of the PianoBuddies group (or just an oddball in general:-), I played my version of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary" (sort of a cross between Creedence Clearwater Revival's version and Tina Turner's version), and one of my original songs, "Road to somewhere". It turned out ok, considering my hands were shaking and my fingers trembling! smile I think the group liked my playing, or at least I hope they did. I'm hoping that what I lack in piano playing skills I make up for with my good looks and charismatic personality... smile

Next, I got to meet Joe80, and he was much younger than I expected. He was tall and handsome, had a great Scottish accent, big hands, and is a fabulous classical pianist! He played for the group and his hands floated across the keyboard effortlessly and almost appeared that he was barely moving or depressing the keys. In fact, some of the PianoBuddies group, including myself, asked him to give us a demonstration after the presentations to show us how he moved his fingers so effortlessly across the keyboard. You could tell that he had invested a trememdous amount of time and effort into acquiring his superb playing skills, and I'm sure all that goes with a generous gift of natural talent. My hat is off to Joe80, and I hope I can hear him play again at some point.

Needless to say, I was very impressed with Joe80's performance, and his persona...

The PianoBuddies group had a fantastic time at Sally's store. It was so nice and kind of her to offer to host our event. Sally is the best!!

Laurie hasn't sent me any pictures yet, but she took a good many pictures. Hopefully, Joe80 won't mind if we post his picture here... if he does, he can let me know.

A fun piano day indeed, surrounded by Steinways, great pianists and piano technicians! smile

Rick

Wow, sounds so fun!

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Yes, we had a great time and heard some wonderful playing. Laurie and I both have another full day today, so pictures will be coming soon.

The piece Joe80 played was the Schubert Impromptu op 90/3. We were impressed by how his fingers hardly seemed to be moving - thanks to his excellent technique and Sally's excellent regulation of the piano.

You could tell Sally was proud of her two young technicians - carrying on the tradition - they tuned all the pianos in the showroom.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
P
P
Looking forward to the pictures!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission