2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 12 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2881774 08/20/19 06:13 PM
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
My teacher assigned me the 2nd mvmt, Andante Molto, and asked me to prepare it for her by next week. Just kidding.... I have two weeks. smirk

Seriously, it doesn't look that hard, there are a lot of familiar arpeggios and octaves. A lot of repeated C major arpeggios, G major arpeggios. I have to work on my chromatic scale. Has anyone tried this one? Fwiw, I can get through it by reading slowly, but fluency will be a challenge.

I've been trying to go down a level or two, but she keeps sucking me up. She thinks I need to keep moving forward. Don't know, we'll see!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by cmb13
My teacher assigned me the 2nd mvmt, Andante Molto, and asked me to prepare it for her by next week. Just kidding.... I have two weeks. smirk

Seriously, it doesn't look that hard, there are a lot of familiar arpeggios and octaves. A lot of repeated C major arpeggios, G major arpeggios. I have to work on my chromatic scale. Has anyone tried this one? Fwiw, I can get through it by reading slowly, but fluency will be a challenge.

I've been trying to go down a level or two, but she keeps sucking me up. She thinks I need to keep moving forward. Don't know, we'll see!

Sounds like you have a similar problem to me. My piano teacher recognises my enthusiasm, realises I do plenty of practise, and therefore make good progress. So she wants to push me onwards, but I also want to enjoy the journey.

But I think I swamp her with pieces I bring along wanting to learn so she doesn’t get to set the agenda as much as she would like.

B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by cmb13

I believe that it was once on the ABRSM Grade 7 exam list.

The main difficulties are bringing out - and phrasing - the melody in the section where the RH's inner fingers are playing the accompaniment figuration (which needs to be much softer).

Chromatic scales are of course easy for anyone who's done ABRSM exams wink .

If music be the food of love, play on!
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bennevis

The main difficulties are bringing out - and phrasing - the melody in the section where the RH's inner fingers are playing the accompaniment figuration (which needs to be much softer).

Sounds tricky.
Originally Posted by bennevis

Chromatic scales are of course easy for anyone who's done ABRSM exams wink .

That includes not me lol! But I did practice them briefly....this seems like a good opportunity to fill that gap!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission