2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
54 members (Asperatology, anotherscott, ambrozy, Alex Hutor, BlakeOR, 36251, Beansparrow, 11 invisible), 519 guests, and 549 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Monica I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you’ve made the best decision for yourself and I hope your remaining time is filled with love and peace. I know we haven’t interacted much on the forum but I’ve always found your contributions very valuable and you certainly are an amazing woman. What a crappy thing cancer is.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
P
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
Dear Monica,
I am so saddened to hear this news. You have been such a positive presence on our forum with your gracious posts, comments and lovely performances in the recitals. Not to mention your generous time (and calmness) in helping me figure out how to administer the online recitals through last minute panicked phone calls.

My sister recently had hospice care and she had a very positive experience with them. I will be thinking about you often and wishing you peace, comfort and joy with your family.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Monica, you’ve been my piano-mentor and inspiration since I first discovered this forum. You guided me on my journey and I thank you every time I touch my piano.

Although we tend to think otherwise, no-one has more than just ’today’; may every one of your remaining ‘todays’ be filled with love and music and bucket-list achievements. (And I do hope that just one of these is extending your streak to #55 ... heart)

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXI

My C3 - solace. And joy.
I haven't been much of a participant on the forum lately, but your post deserves a reply.

My 49 year old sister passed last year due to colon cancer. It was so very difficult; I miss her every day. Her favorite phrase was, "No Regrets". I try to live that way now because of her.

I pray that the time you have left will be spent with those who you love and those who love you. That's all we can really ask for....love. <3

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Riddler
Monica, I'm terribly sorry to hear this news, but I must commend you for your courage in the way you are dealing with it. . . .

I hope you can take some satisfaction in knowing that there are lots of people on this forum who are thankful to you for all that you have done to help them and encourage them in their piano efforts.

Best wishes to you.

Ed

+1. + hugs.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Monica, I was so sorry learn of this news when your daughter first reported it and I have been wondering what to say and how...

You have been such a huge, huge influence in my piano-life. Your approach to playing has been a constant source of inspiration for me. So many of the composers and pieces that I play now I first learned of through you and your wonderful playing.

I don’t have the right words, but my heart goes out to you and your family and I am filled with gratitude for you and all that you are.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
May you love and be loved all your days.

Learner
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Peace, Calm, Stillness. I will forever think of you when I listen to Einaudi as I am also a big fan. Enjoy and love your family and playing.

Barbara
...without music, no life...
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Monica,
That had to be hard to write, but I really appreciate that you did. I totally support your decision - I probably would have done the same given the options.

I will keep you in my prayers, and hope that you are able to create wonderful memories during this time.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh, Monica, how sad. Praying for you that you have a real peace at this time.

Alan from Queensland, Australia (and Clara - my Grotrian Concert & Allen Organ (CF-17a)).
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Devastating news indeed. I admire your courage and the decision for quality over quantity. I hope you'll have many beautiful hours with your loved ones yet, in peace of mind and comfort.

Very much looking forward to your recital piece!

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Monica I am so sad to hear this news. You've been such a fighter and have done everything possible within your abilities to fight this horrible disease.

You have been such a great inspiration to everyone here on the forum with your ability to support everyone in their piano journey, no matter what. Everyone always looked forward to your comments on the forum and recitals as they were always of substance and well thought out.

You've been my close piano-buddy in many ways here since 2006 when we both bought our new Mason & Hamlins and then branched out a bit by playing 'new-age' type music on them. [some people still look a little sideways at this! haha]

You've been the voice of reason here for many reasons, on many occasions, for many people over the years and everyone here along with the success of this forum has you to thank for that.

I can't begin to say how much I will miss you as someone as special as you only comes around once in a lifetime. You've been that 'super-special' person to myself and I'm sure many others here that I don't even know about. I too will keep you in my prayers and hope you remain in peace during this time.
I

I
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I
So sorry to read that. My best wishes to you! I hope the time left will be happy and full of love!

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Your perceptive, gentle and unfailingly helpful posts have brought the joy of music to many more people than you realise, Monica. You are a true music lover and a person of courage. Time now to enjoy your music and your loved ones to the full.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
R
R
Oh, Monika…
I can't find the right words to write, and I'm sure there aren't any.
Thank you for all you are doing to further the love of piano in each and everyone of us and have a great time out of hospital to enjoy the company of your loved ones.
Love to all.

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Dear Monica
Thank you for sharing your journey and helping all of us to realize that we need to value each moment. Your love of Einaudi will always be remembered here on PW; perhaps you have mentored someone to maintain the legacy. Today, your beautiful insights touch me deeply. I'm so sad that you have to leave us so soon but I'm happy that your piano and your family are there for you. Praying for your peace.

[Linked Image]
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member
Thank you for taking the time to write here, your precious time. You sound very strong and clear-minded, I think we can all learn something from that. A friend of mine was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, he was given 6 months but ended up living over 2 years, with good quality of life. I hope you still have plenty of time with your loved ones and with your piano, even if it's never enough.

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
my language teaching Website: My Italian Circle
my little book: Italian for Musicians & Music Lovers
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
I'm saddened to read this as you and I go "way back" on PW and I've always valued your contributions and advice. I wish you all the best that life has to offer and look forward to your recital contribution.

Greg
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Thank you for taking the time to share those moments with us.
I wish you peace, love and happiness.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
So sorry Monica. Wishing you all the best and hoping you have some great times ahead.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Komplete Kontrol S88 MK1 Touchkeys
by Micahjd - 05/16/21 07:26 PM
Piano out of tune?
by TheodorN - 05/16/21 04:10 PM
iOS Pianos on iPad POLL
by RinTin - 05/16/21 01:50 PM
I can quit any time I want to ...
by Retsacnal - 05/16/21 01:42 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,967
Posts3,094,296
Members101,538
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission