2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
66 members (Bach_ingMaddie, ando, astrotoy, c++, BachToTheFuture, Burkey, Bluesy42, 10 invisible), 1,115 guests, and 538 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Well is there any difference between Feurich and Hailun grands made now or is it just a different name ?

So back to your original question, I wonder if we might imagine that the differenced between Feurich and Hailun grands is maybe analogous to the difference between Boston and Kawai (since they’re made in the same factories)? That might be stretching it!

But, just because one is made by the other doesn’t mean they’re using the same plans or production.

Perhaps someone with more background in this area will comment?

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Well is there any difference between Feurich and Hailun grands made now or is it just a different name ?

Hailun is the brand name given to the Ningbo Hailun (factory name) pianos. It's the name of the owner . NHPF also contract builds for quite a few other piano brands just like Parsons, and Pearl River (Essex and others) do. Piano Buyer says that the Feurich pianos have a different voicing than Hailuns. The scale/strings/felts maybe different as well. Maybe Steve Cohen or Piano Loverus have an insight about this. Ningbo Hailun also make the Cunningham's for Rich Galassini to a design unique from the Hailuns. Again it would be better for Rich G to enumerate those differences.

Contract building is really common in bicycles and especially musical instruments. Samick and Cort in S. Korea account for something like 70 percent of all electric guitars sold in the world.

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
Y
yok Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Y
I have owned a Feurich F172 for about a year. It was made in 2002, so it is from the Gunzenhausen era. Its tone is very clear but not bright or edgy at all and it is capable of a very wide dynamic range for a piano of its size. The touch is medium to slightly heavy but very smooth and responsive. If the piano you are looking at is about 30 years old then obviously the condition is a key factor, but if it is in good condition and you like the tonal character then I think it would be well worth considering.

Before I came across my German Feurich I had actually played practically all the models in the Ningbo made Feurich range while piano searching. To me the new ones are very different. Not only do they have a completely different origin, I think they are aiming for a different tonal quality too, something more mellow and a bit darker. None of the new Feurichs in the size and price range I was looking at made my shortlist, but the 218 definitely would have if I had been looking for such a large piano and I had that budget. Also the new Feurichs seem to be more competitively priced in some other markets than they are here in New Zealand.

There don't seem to be many samples of German made Feurichs online, but here are a couple:

https://www.klavierhalle.de/database/dt343332728/klangprobe.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPZA6z_mC_Y&list=LLn_uDCzCv2R13uqsrVe6dJQ&index=4&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFa47_N1FU&list=LLn_uDCzCv2R13uqsrVe6dJQ&index=3&t=62s

P
P
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Just for the record, the piano I'm talking about isn't a new instrument...

Yes I realise you obviously played a German Feurich.
I ask the question because I know there an upright
Feurich Vienna which though strung back in China
is finished off in Vienna.

I also wanted to mention that: there exists an Upright Feurich made in Austria since recently (2016 I guess). It uses a new concept of piano mechanics, called "High Speed KAMM Action", which allowes very fast repetitions ("supposedly" comparable to the best concert grands on the market. wink ) I can`t really tell, since I have never had the opportunity to play on one.
But I know, how a Upright Feurich made in China feels (and sounds) like...not as bad as supposed. They are solid pianos, nothing superior, but you cant ecpect that in this price range anyway.

Some impressions of the Vienna Mod. 123:
https://youtu.be/31tUOSku-gg - demonstration of the high speed repetition by Univ.-Prof. Kharin
https://youtu.be/DhmUQkl3T7I - Bill Dobbins on the FEURICH Mod. 123-Vienna

Last edited by Pinkiepie; 06/30/19 04:49 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by yok
I have owned a Feurich F172 for about a year. It was made in 2002, so it is from the Gunzenhausen era.

Hi Yok,

Just a point of clarification: If your Feurich was built in 2002,it may well have been made in Germany, but not in Gunzenhausen. In the late 80's, C. Bechstein purchased the brands Feurich, W. Hoffmann and Euterpe and closed the Gunzenhausen factory, moving production of these instruments to their facility in Seifhennersdorf. Most probably, your piano was built, or at least finished, in that facility.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/owner R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

russell@rkassman.com
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
So, the Feurich I played (which I really liked!) was approximately 30-35 years old and said on the plate "made in Langlau W. Germany.
Just fyi I guess.

smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Pinkiepie,
That Flight of the Bumblebee is amazing on that Feurich upright!
The pianist is pretty good as well !

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pinkiepie

I also wanted to mention that: there exists an Upright Feurich made in Austria since recently (2016 I guess). It uses a new concept of piano mechanics, called "High Speed KAMM Action", which allowes very fast repetitions ("supposedly" comparable to the best concert grands on the market. wink ) I can`t really tell, since I have never had the opportunity to play on one.
But I know, how a Upright Feurich made in China feels (and sounds) like...not as bad as supposed. They are solid pianos, nothing superior, but you cant ecpect that in this price range anyway.

https://youtu.be/31tUOSku-gg - demonstration of the high speed repetition by Univ.-Prof. Kharin

There is absolutely no such thing as a "Feurich made in Austria." This is a false claim made by one of the THREE Chinese manufacturers marketing pianos under the name Feurich.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/owner R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

russell@rkassman.com
S
spk Offline
S
This video would disagree.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_R6k8NhYE

Originally Posted by master88er
Originally Posted by Pinkiepie

There is absolutely no such thing as a "Feurich made in Austria." This is a false claim made by one of the THREE Chinese manufacturers marketing pianos under the name Feurich.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by spk
This video would disagree.

Ask them, or please provide, the exact full address of the "factory." I'll be there next week.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

russell@rkassman.com
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Pinkiepie,
That Flight of the Bumblebee is amazing on that Feurich upright!
The pianist is pretty good as well !

+1 on both!

[Linked Image]
G
G
Originally Posted by yok
I have owned a Feurich F172 for about a year. It was made in 2002, so it is from the Gunzenhausen era.

Just a point of clarification: If your Feurich was built in 2002,it may well have been made in Germany, but not in Gunzenhausen. In the late 80's, C. Bechstein purchased the brands Feurich, W. Hoffmann and Euterpe and closed the Gunzenhausen factory, moving production of these instruments to their facility in Seifhennersdorf. Most probably, your piano was built, or at least finished, in that facility.

No. If it was built in 2002, it was made in Gunzenhausen. In Seifhennersdorf Bechstein produced the Feurichs between 1991 and 1993.

When Bechstein purchased the brands Feurich, Euterpe and Hoffmann, they were produced in Langau. Then Langau closed. Production by Mr. Feurich owned factory in Gunzenhausen started in 1993.

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
G
G
Originally Posted by yok

No. If it was built in 2002, it was made in Gunzenhausen. In Seifhennersdorf Bechstein produced the Feurichs between 1991 and 1993.

When Bechstein purchased the brands Feurich, Euterpe and Hoffmann, they were produced in Langau. Then Langau closed. Production by Mr. Feurich owned factory in Gunzenhausen started in 1993.

Who are the three Chinese manufacturers? I know that there was a time when Mr. Feurich worked together with a Chinese manufacturer. Does that producer still market pianos under the Feurich brand?

And what´s your point about Made In Austria? When the strung back is made in China and the German Renner action is assembled into the piano in Vienna: where is it made then? China? Germany? Vienna?

Last edited by Gregor; 07/01/19 06:31 AM.

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Whether the website is put up by someone who is not Feurich, or whether the claims made on the website are false, I cannot say. But the Feurich website claims that the "Model 123 - Vienna" is made in Austria:

https://www.feurich.com/en/products/vienna-pianos/

and on this page, they give some sort of outline of their facilities in Vienna:

https://www.feurich.com/en/production/feurich-vienna/

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Distance of Grand Piano from wall
by Damien PG - 06/19/21 11:20 AM
Insomniac pianists
by Emery Wang - 06/19/21 10:56 AM
First digital piano - F-701 vs P515
by Sebeto - 06/19/21 09:52 AM
Why do great concert halls buy new?
by Ppianissimo - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Kawai MP11SE successor thoughts
by Quatschmacher - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,601
Posts3,105,132
Members101,857
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission