2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
80 members (brdwyguy, Bruce In Philly, ambrozy, c++, 23 invisible), 1,410 guests, and 625 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
hello all again
last post of mine I notied that what brand should I consider to buy. but after I checked, I still have some questions , so I have to ask you guys

1,the Warranty run in your country ? whatever USA or EU or anywhere, because in China, the factory find the saler to make them become Authorized dealers, then the Authorized dealers sales the piano to us. and soooo many Imported brand in china has website, but they never tells the detail of warranty, only some thing needs to be done, or to take care of. and 2 or 3 years warranty for us. and I had saw the website like this https://www.pianobuyer.com/brand-profiles/ but after check, I realize there soooo many brand has committed atlset 5 years warranty some of are longer like 10 or 15 years. I aint the person who wants all but this is sh*t, you know ,in China people like me , we buy piano by Authorized dealers,and the contract too , so the brand X never face to us, they only listen from the Authorized dealers, so the warranty never run like factory - me , its me --tole-- Authorized dealers--ask--factory, then factory ---send someone to --- Authorized dealers ---take them to ---me I has phoned many brand in china, they dont even sure is 2 or 3 years, and all the question I have to ask the Authorized dealers, so I wonder what if the Authorized dealers dont run the warranty to me ? because in China that could be a thing, even the Authorized dealers run the warranty I still dont know is this guys from the factory ? does he knows how to fix my piano just like the real factory workers work? so could you guys tells me how your country works? or its all world thing ?

2, the second one is come from my last post, via your guys talk, I got that some brand I may should give up , but only talked the grand piano. what about the Upright piano? I mean those one of the best tier. my budget is kind bit awkward to buy a grand piano. but if I buy the Upright . that could be enough, the reason I want to buy grand is someone told me the grand could action faster than the Upright . but I dont think I could have the skill to that fast, so I wanna know what about your guys think ? in China there was an old saying goes "宁做鸡头不当凤尾" (if you like you can google it) it means you could be the top of the second level, dont be the last of the first level . know your position!
so what do you guys think ? if I buy the Upright I may save some money, or still go the grand ? I want own a piano not only for myself, someday, I kids will paly it too.

still sorry for my poor english
thank you all

Last edited by China_Jack; 06/29/19 01:17 PM.
j&j Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Hi China Jack - I’m not an authorized dealer and don’t work for any piano manufacturers but here is what I know from experience here in the USA. Other members of Piano World will correct me instantly if I say this wrong. New piano warranties are from the manufacturer but any work that needs to be carried out on the new piano is almost always carried out by the authorized dealer because for me, the factory is in Japan but the local dealer is about 4 miles away. Typically a brand new piano of a reputable brand needs no manufacturer warranty work done. If something happened during delivery to my home, the authorized dealer would be responsible to repair or replace the piano. In my humble opinion, the best thing to do is buy a piano whose sound you love, made by a reputable manufacturer and sold by a reputable, responsive dealer and things will work out well and you should be a happy piano owner.
Upright or Grand? There are many fabulous uprights with great sound. Many of the premier uprights are more expensive than some rather big but less premier grands. No loss of status or quality whichever you choose. Buy and love the piano you want, whatever the size. Uprights take up much less floor space which might be a big consideration depending on where you live.
I hope I answered your questions. Best of Luck!
Your English is far better than my Chinese (I know none unfortunately).

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Pianos- the reason God made trees
[Linked Image]
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by j&j
Hi China Jack - I’m not an authorized dealer and don’t work for any piano manufacturers but here is what I know from experience here in the USA. Other members of Piano World will correct me instantly if I say this wrong. New piano warranties are from the manufacturer but any work that needs to be carried out on the new piano is almost always carried out by the authorized dealer because for me, the factory is in Japan but the local dealer is about 4 miles away. Typically a brand new piano of a reputable brand needs no manufacturer warranty work done. If something happened during delivery to my home, the authorized dealer would be responsible to repair or replace the piano. In my humble opinion, the best thing to do is buy a piano whose sound you love, made by a reputable manufacturer and sold by a reputable, responsive dealer and things will work out well and you should be a happy piano owner.
Upright or Grand? There are many fabulous uprights with great sound. Many of the premier uprights are more expensive than some rather big but less premier grands. No loss of status or quality whichever you choose. Buy and love the piano you want, whatever the size. Uprights take up much less floor space which might be a big consideration depending on where you live.
I hope I answered your questions. Best of Luck!
Your English is far better than my Chinese (I know none unfortunately).

thank you J&J thats alot info. still one more thing, how long is your dealer run the warranty ? I mean still 5 or 10 years? or much longer ? if anything you want, just ask them ? if so, that is so good,
one thing I learned is buy the Renner parts piano, I dont know how to say that, only know the Renner feel good.

you know your USA brand STEINWAY works well in China but the MASON & HAMLIN , ohh I phoned the 400-xxx-xxxx server number like 50 times ,no one pick up. hahaha, this is how the piano things work in China, some of them, a firend of mine who is in USA and study Music therapy told me most the piano is STEINWAY , them some of yamaha and kawai, never see German brand. that I twisted. back in China piano dealer always talk us through the German brand. like its the best . no offense but , seens the german piano only "talk well" not "sales well" in china, is this the same thing in USA ?

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015
6000 Post Club Member
If you are searching for the American made Mason & Hamlin in China, you need to search for "Henry Mason." Apparently the Mason & Hamlin name was registered in China by some other company, and those pianos are not the true Mason & Hamlin. Because of this conflict, the American company markets their pianos in China under the "Henry Mason" name. Be sure that you are calling the correct company.

How to Upload Pictures
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha 515-P... sounds bad or it's just me???
by Riccardo92 - 07/28/21 06:23 PM
Rachmaninoff anyone? I'm having so much fun!
by gooddog - 07/28/21 06:21 PM
Yamaha 515-P... sounds bad or it's just me???
by Riccardo92 - 07/28/21 06:10 PM
Plan Ahead! 2022 Themed Recitals
by Sam S - 07/28/21 04:37 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,265
Posts3,117,134
Members102,261
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission