2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (20/20 Vision, amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 14 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Thank you for your kind comments, guys. I appriciate it. I loved listening to this recital and guess I'll see (hear) you soon

Last edited by Balezin Dmitry; 05/23/19 01:45 PM.

I just can't live without some music in my life
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
31 Roger RL

This seems to display itself in waves. Crashing waves which subside only to return. Like being washed in sound . . . Hmmmm . . . .it developed nicely towards the end. Yes! I liked it!

32 Balezin Dmitry

Good work her on this difficult and involved piece of music. The rudiments are all there. Now, you;ll have heard others on YT playing this, including Peter Bence and many other talented so and sos. who, frankly, could put all of us to flight.
You've only been going a short time. This is splendid and you have my congrats.

33 QuasiUnaFantasia

Good choice! I love this piece and it fits so well after the moody, morose first part. You played it very well, but if I might mention, it needs bite. Don't mess about with this; it ain't a gentle piece, it has fire, joy, life!
The third part of course, is mental . . . . smile Have fun!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
34 ThePld

Good coordination here. And a very nicely controlled finish. Your fp30 sounds well.

35 Yamaha G3&P80

Super! nice variations here. With dramatic intervals. Nice nice!

36 Pianist685

Sounds nicely effective. A genuinely pleasant listen. You played it with expression on the G3.

37 Jobert

Quite an involved piece with several dynamic layers and a need to flow. Some of the heavy bits seem rather too heavy, and take the listener by surprise. The flow could be smoother, but I have no idea if this is a work in progress. Please forgive me if it isn't! It's still well played.

38 Torquenale

That sounded like an honest to goodness, loud, upright piano. Perfect for this music! Full of character, like the playing. Great stuff!

39 Moo

Sounds involved, hard. A good attempt here with many finer points and an overall good result!

40 Joan Golfing

Interesting. Bach chugs along nicely, uphill, down dale, clattering over the points, relentlessly seeking it's destination. Nice work, Joan!

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Peyton
11. Bsharp cyclist- Dan, that's a great little piece. You really play it like you "own it". Hey, what is that program running on your computer in the vid?

Pianoteq smile As some others have said and noticed, the Pianoteq sound is slightly delayed compared to the sound of the N2 (I'm blending the two). So it has the tremolo/spatial effect

Last edited by bSharp(C)yclist; 05/23/19 07:41 PM.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

I
Ido Offline
I
19. Associate X (Liz) - Tchaikovsky- Seasons (June- Barcarolle)

Beautiful playing, great touch, tone, dynamics. I really liked it.
Thank you for introducing this piece.

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
11. Bsharp cyclist- Dan, that's a great little piece. You really play it like you "own it". Hey, what is that program running on your computer in the vid?
Pianoteq smile As some others have said and noticed, the Pianoteq sound is slightly delayed compared to the sound of the N2 (I'm blending the two). So it has the tremolo/spatial effect

Are you using a DAW? Because couldn't you just delay the audio from the N2 by some milliseconds with the DAW so the two are synchonized? Or are you intentionally trying to create that effect?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist

Are you using a DAW? Because couldn't you just delay the audio from the N2 by some milliseconds with the DAW so the two are synchonized? Or are you intentionally trying to create that effect?

Not using a DAW and not trying to create the effect purposely. I haven't really considered using a DAW. I feel like I'll spend more time playing with that, and I'd rather just play the piano with the limited free time that I have.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Thank you guys for listening and feedback. Next time I need to give more thoughts on distortion guitar volume&whether it fits the piece. Noted. Thanks again.

Last edited by Ralph L.; 05/24/19 09:47 AM.
D
D
Thanks everybody for your kind words about my Tchaikovsky. I'm behind on listening (although I did start and really enjoyed the first several submissions)--will be catching up over the long weekend, so looking forward to it.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
QuasiUnaFantasia: many thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate your use of the word "precision". This is an area of weakness I have been working on so I take heart that it must be improving!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks for the responses to my march. I sent off the mp3 to my brothers and cousins, some of whom lived closer to my grandparents and remembered my grandfather's brothers. One of them has a daughter who plays piano and her daughter's husband teaches high school band. She had heard about this piece from my mother several years ago and asked for a copy - woo hoo! Maybe I'll get to hear it from someone who can play it with bombast, or maybe even arranged for a full band!

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
41 Mr Super-Hunky

Super hunky tune! Plenty o' biff. Nice expression without losing the strident edge this wistful tune has. One could play it softly, but hey, we're not girls . . . .Great, beefy piano sound!

42 Schinl

Somebody else on this forum uses an RX2. They do sound nice. Tremendous tonal range, dynamics well handled. Unfortunately wi Rach, you often need to hear more than once to appreciate the complexities of his work. Or listen to a film featuring it as soundtrack.
Great job from you.

43 Jotur

Nice march! My g'dad played his own marches, and others from WW1 Stirling stuff! The piano usually rang out down the street when he attacked it!
Nice work on this lilting, inspiring tune!

44 Dumka 1

Loved this. Love Tchaik, and you had flourish behind your work. Good to listen! Fine sound.

45 Qwerty 53

Nice and groovy. This sort of work teaches about chords and their relationship with each other. You handles this steadily. Great job!

"[Linked Image]"
46 Handyman

This iconic piece is handled well. Ponderously, you explored the crannies (haunted or not) of this dark piece. Just needs speeding up a tad. I see it does accelerate a wee bit after the h'w mark! She'll be right. . . !

47 Oneilt 130

Very fluent; Nicely played and a good listen.

48 Serge88

Great speed for this. It's often played too fast imo. Very expressive with a lovely piano sound. What version of P'teq are you on? Loved the woolly hat . . . I have several of those, none of which SHE likes . . .

49 Purrblast

Good playing on this lively piece. Your piano sounds well and spacious in my headphones, and your tempo seems fine.

50 ZsolpyW

Tremendous! Power, style, energy. And your piano sounds MASSIVE!

Thanks guys! SO many surprises here. Very uplifting!

"[Linked Image]"
Originally Posted by peterws
46 Handyman

This iconic piece is handled well. Ponderously, you explored the crannies (haunted or not) of this dark piece. Just needs speeding up a tad. I see it does accelerate a wee bit after the h'w mark! She'll be right. . . !

Christine's heartbeat (throbbing left hand rhythms) was gradually accelerating, but in ever increasingly erratic patterns in response to the constant intensity of the influence from the phantom (repeated right hand power chords) - this was all like a big attack of A Fib, a somewhat serious condition near and dear to the heart (so to speak) of the pianist here...I wanted to capture that...yes, she's ok, but I'm not so sure the pianist will be...

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
Originally Posted by Handyman
Originally Posted by peterws
46 Handyman

Christine's heartbeat (throbbing left hand rhythms) was gradually accelerating, but in ever increasingly erratic patterns in response to the constant intensity of the influence from the phantom (repeated right hand power chords) - this was all like a big attack of A Fib, a somewhat serious condition near and dear to the heart (so to speak) of the pianist here...I wanted to capture that...yes, she's ok, but I'm not so sure the pianist will be...

Never thought o' that . . . just keep your BP monitor handy! smile

"[Linked Image]"
51 Ivojnovic

You did it justice. Great interpretation, light and forceful, when needed. Good job!

52 Pikapianist

What a piece! Such verve, enthusiasm, merciless precision and raw aggression! Oh, YES!!! That must've been SUCH fun!

53 Ralphiano

Well handled and played. Nice tune; perhaps you could use more pedal. When I detected it at the end, it sounded really great.

54 Piano primo

Nice blend. Very usable mix of a very popular tune. Good work, man!

55 Tyrone Slothrop

An enigmatic little piece which has an oriental ring to it. Nice work on this piece I've never heard of . . .

56 Sam S

The unmistakable sound of the Bechstein! It sure rings clear, Sam! Rather abstract to my ears; I'm trying for similar stuff myself. Enjoyed this.

Well.it's gone to sleep in 'ere . . . . there does seem to have been a lot of recitals here and maybe over on the Pianist section. Overkill? Maybe, but I enjoy these recitals best. This is where it's at for me right now. . . Have fun guys, and thanks, Esteemed Organisers!

"[Linked Image]"
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Associate X
19 Liz, Steinway O, Tchaik. "The Seasons- June, Barcarole"
feedback desired
I am not happy with this recording but its the best I have for now. Hope it is enjoyable!

Well, ok. I did enjoy it, Liz. I have this work recorded by, well, I forget who, some professional personage. But you brought something to it that the pro failed to do: you made me want to hear it again. It is charming and expressive, and I hear both of your voices (yours and the composer's).

The recording itself did not call attention to any technical issue on which I could offer a helpful word. I believe we could say it is fine for this purpose. As for the instrument, I will say that it needs help.. If you have not played for a long time, and have just returned, it does take time for a technician to return even a good piano to an acceptable standard. And, this help costs some money. Personally, it takes me two months these days to save enough to have my tech come to tune--- and I have kept up all along. I see that you live in a part of the country where weather conditions are not kind to pianos, especially that jump from winter to spring/summer. Even here in California, we went from unseasonable rains and cool temps three weeks ago straight to 102º and 21% RH. Dave is coming first week in July, but the piano wants him NOW.

But, all in good time. I believe we could say that the recording shows very good promise, and that in the fullness of time the piano, the performance, the composition and the recording will all be worthy of your talent and skill.

A piano can be tuned and regulated, but a nervous system that can look at ink spots on a page and create waveforms that express the inner feeling of two persons (one a world-renowned artist so valued that the Czar himself walked bareheaded behind the coffin in his funeral cortege, in a freezing rain), a pulse powerful enough to be heard and felt across the full breadth of a continent... well, that is something special. Perhaps you have learned, over the last ten years, that the call doesn't go away. Our only meaningful choice is to honor it; in time, the silence is simply too filled with pain, until the music bursts forth---

But, I have said too much. Really, I just wanted to thank you for offering a very charming and expressive rendering of a great composition, by a great artist. I think he would have liked it.

Clef

Originally Posted by Jeff Clef
Associate X
19 Liz, Steinway O, Tchaik. "The Seasons- June, Barcarole"
feedback desired
I am not happy with this recording but its the best I have for now. Hope it is enjoyable!

Well, ok. I did enjoy it, Liz. I have this work recorded by, well, I forget who, some professional personage. But you brought something to it that the pro failed to do: you made me want to hear it again. It is charming and expressive, and I hear both of your voices (yours and the composer's).

The recording itself did not call attention to any technical issue on which I could offer a helpful word. I believe we could say it is fine for this purpose. As for the instrument, I will say that it needs help.. If you have not played for a long time, and have just returned, it does take time for a technician to return even a good piano to an acceptable standard. And, this help costs some money. Personally, it takes me two months these days to save enough to have my tech come to tune--- and I have kept up all along. I see that you live in a part of the country where weather conditions are not kind to pianos, especially that jump from winter to spring/summer. Even here in California, we went from unseasonable rains and cool temps three weeks ago straight to 102º and 21% RH. Dave is coming first week in July, but the piano wants him NOW.

But, all in good time. I believe we could say that the recording shows very good promise, and that in the fullness of time the piano, the performance, the composition and the recording will all be worthy of your talent and skill.

A piano can be tuned and regulated, but a nervous system that can look at ink spots on a page and create waveforms that express the inner feeling of two persons (one a world-renowned artist so valued that the Czar himself walked bareheaded behind the coffin in his funeral cortege, in a freezing rain), a pulse powerful enough to be heard and felt across the full breadth of a continent... well, that is something special. Perhaps you have learned, over the last ten years, that the call doesn't go away. Our only meaningful choice is to honor it; in time, the silence is simply too filled with pain, until the music bursts forth---

But, I have said too much. Really, I just wanted to thank you for offering a very charming and expressive rendering of a great composition, by a great artist. I think he would have liked it.

Thank you for your review and kind words! There are definitely some technical flubs, I know as the performer they feel augmented in my head, but I am relieved the musicality of the piece comes through despite the flubs..its definitely one of those pieces that will grow on me with time. First time I heard it was only late 2018, I never knew of the Seasons pieces when I was younger (or much classical really as I only liked listening to Chopin and the popular concertos everyone loves).

As for the piano,I recorded using my iphone and believe the quality stinks due to how it comes across from an IPhone. The piano is a 1912 Steinway Model O. It gets tuned every 6 months. I could get it regulated but my tuner said it would be pricey and I would have to leave it at his workshop for 2 months while he works on it, so I would need to get another piano to practice while that regulation is done....so...I have to think about it more. My lessons are every Saturday on a Steinway Model D. When I was taking group lessons at Juilliard (evening division, trust me, all levels are admitted so there are many beginners in the program) I would practice on the Steinways in their practice rooms.

Last edited by AssociateX; 06/17/19 01:11 AM.

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Facdo - Bach Invention #13

This was really good. I was trying to decide which invention from among 2, 8, 9, and 13 I might learn...you convinced me! laugh

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission